Why do models want to C2C?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jun 4, 2019
I've been a member on Streamate for a couple of months now. I've spent quite a bit of time in private and exclusive sessions with models from all over the world. I think I've done a pretty good job of learning camming's social conventions and so forth, but one thing puzzles me: why do so many models ask me to open my web cam as soon as we go private? I finally gave in the other day with my favorite model and C2C'd, but it was awkward, to say the least. So much so that I haven't been back to her room since. I'll go back, of course, because I have a ridiculous crush on her :) , but come on, I'm just a middle-aged guy from the suburbs who passed the "dad bod" phase years ago and am now fully in the granddad bod phase. I'm not insecure, but I'm not delusional, either.

So why do models want to C2C? Is it just curiosity about who's watching them, or maybe to make the experience more real? Or is it just good for business in some way? I just don't get it.

tia!

Michael

Reactions: Kiki Jane
I’m a cam girl on streamate exclusively and 100% of the time the guys choose to do c2c. I never ask them to do it—I just let them know it’s available and many take me up on it. I think at least for me, it’s more for the members enjoyment. I don’t mind whether they want to get on cam or not—my preference is that they’re comfortable.

It is indeed good for business because it allows the experience to be more intimate. The shows I do where c2c or phone are involved are nearly always longer than without it.

Jun 24, 2019
Streamate Username
JayeLovely
I've been a member on Streamate for a couple of months now. I've spent quite a bit of time in private and exclusive sessions with models from all over the world. I think I've done a pretty good job of learning camming's social conventions and so forth, but one thing puzzles me: why do so many models ask me to open my web cam as soon as we go private? I finally gave in the other day with my favorite model and C2C'd, but it was awkward, to say the least. So much so that I haven't been back to her room since. I'll go back, of course, because I have a ridiculous crush on her :) , but come on, I'm just a middle-aged guy from the suburbs who passed the "dad bod" phase years ago and am now fully in the granddad bod phase. I'm not insecure, but I'm not delusional, either.

So why do models want to C2C? Is it just curiosity about who's watching them, or maybe to make the experience more real? Or is it just good for business in some way? I just don't get it.

tia!

Michael
Personally I like to see what my guys/girls look like. I feel like it helps me understand my clients more and makes the experience more fun & intimate. I also make it a point to compliment something about them (their size, smile, skin, facial hair, etc) because who knows the last time they had someone say something nice to them and seeing them smile just adds another layer of satisfaction and connection. I understand it could be awkward, but I think the right model will make the client feel comfortable and maybe even confident in a c2c scenario.

Miss_Lollipop

CammodelExpress.com
Cam Model
Industry Representative
Feb 7, 2011
New Orleans, LA
www.miss-lollipop.com
Twitter Username
@MissLollipopMFC
Tumblr Username
misslollipoptumbles
MFC Username
Miss_Lollipop
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/46293/misslollipop
It may simply be what they are expecting since most ppl do it?

I like c2c because I'm curious and it helps me make a connection better BUT I wouldn't ever want someone to feel uncomfortable.

AudriTwo

Cam Model
Jul 25, 2014
Twitter Username
@audritwo
Streamate Username
audritwo
Dad bods are hot.

I don't really care for c2c. Because I don't really need it to put on a show or needing to know what the member looks like. Also I sometimes can't see what the person is doing because my eyesight is atrocious and streamate doesn't allow me to make c2c box any bigger. So I don't ever push it. Everyone is welcomed to turn on their cam. Audio will be turned on in exclusive.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2010
The shows I do where c2c or phone are involved are nearly always longer than without it.
I think this is the major reason. C2C helps increase member engagement in a general manner, and engagement is profitable. It also allows models to gauge your body language and reactions and they can guide themselves accordingly and give more of what you like and less of what you don't.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2016
In regards to SM it's C2C also gives you voice chat access which means sessions communication can be done without the model break mood to type on the keyboard and generall improves the flow of things. Of course this is assuming the member put any effort into their own camera and audio setup and if latency isn't a massive factor.

C2C and privacy are the two reasons I only do exclusives on SM.

SaffronBurke

Cam Model
Jan 3, 2013
Pluto
Twitter Username
@Sweet_Saffron
Tumblr Username
saffronburke
MFC Username
SaffronBurke
Streamate Username
SaffronBurke
Chaturbate Username
SaffronBurke
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62613/Saffron
Of course this is assuming the member put any effort into their own camera and audio setup and if latency isn't a massive factor.
I've started muting member audio because so many don't think about the other end. So many blaring TV's in the background, and people sitting as close as possible to the mic and shouting. Nope nope no thank you.

tia!

Michael
Some models may actually be interested in seeing who they're talking to...who they're performing for. Maybe they'd like to finally be able to put a face to the screen name. For some of us, we enjoy the session more if we can see that what we're doing is turning you on (watching you stroke your hard dick). And some models might just be going through the motions of offering cam-to-cam because they feel that's what they "should" do, and they assume that's what you'd prefer? The only time I don't like cam to cam is when there's that horrible feedback noise (Then I'd just click the little button in his webcam screen to mute the sound, and I'd let him know I've muted it), or when all I see on cam is the guy's face up close staring at me (not even stroking his dick for me...just his big 'ole face up close...yikes, that's fucking weird for me). Lol.

May 11, 2017
Terra Firma
Most of the models I've done privates with, have only asked after a couple of privates wit them if I'd turn cam on. I think it's because as some of the models have said, it's so they can see and know and if need to adjust things for both member and model's enjoyment. I'm usually really shy on cam, so I prefer to not have it on. But, there's been a couple of times a model has gotten me to turn it on without pressuring me. But, this is a long process in the making for me to feel comfortable.

Most models are really cool with not turning cam on if I've explained to them I'm too shy to do it.

Apr 17, 2018
I LOVE c2c when I'm doing a fetish show. I have had many utilize the c2c function to share new panties and outfits they've recently purchased, which is so hot to me and I love so much. I also have a few that actually do what I tell them to, in regards to fucking themselves and joi, and that is always intense and a ton of fun too. It is very helpful during cei shows and sph shows as well. The better sound feature also enhances if I make them beg for anything. Just yesterday I had a guy show me his self sucking skills. I also enjoy it when a guy is a straight up exhibitionist and wants me to see how they touch themselves. Pretty much everyone in my c2c shows has a dad bod, I find it super sexy. I'm on the thick side myself, never been comfy with my body in my personal life, but on cam I feel like a queen. Anyone who is comfortable enough with their body to go on camera and have an intimate moment is really sexy to me.

Of course I get a lot of "drive by" c2c shows where the members use the function to basically show themselves for a few seconds jerking, get a response from me, then bounce to the next room. But I guess that serves a purpose too and puts a couple bucks in my pocket.

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE

Sansa

Cam Model
Jul 23, 2014
Winterfell
Twitter Username
@Queen__Morrigan
MFC Username
Sansa_
Streamate Username
MistressMorrigan
So why do models want to C2C? Is it just curiosity about who's watching them, or maybe to make the experience more real? Or is it just good for business in some way?

I model on SM.

One, I actually do heavily prefer it if someone turns their cam on. I do femdom and it's a lot more interactive if I can see what they other person is doing. While there have been plenty of non c2c shows that have been excellent, the ones with c2c often usually have more depth. I can better gauge how receptive someone is to something, how obedient they actually are, etc. Some members don't communicate very much, but if I can see a positive reaction on cam, I know what to keep in mind for next time if they return. Plus some of the things I make members do is entertaining for me so c2c is an overall positive the vast majority of the time.

Two, so many guys on SM specifically want their cams to be watched, it's just second nature at this point to just ask up front. Willing to bet most models will ask for c2c for this alone, it's a courtesy to ask in most cases.

Three, it is good for business, but that's a tertiary aspect to it for me at least. SM has had some c2c issues in the past and my earnings would really tank merely because c2c was not working. In spite of doing femdom, I do genuinely want the other person to enjoy the shows I am giving them and it's a huge bummer when c2c isn't working because for many guys it's a huge enhancement when it comes to how much they enjoy shows. But yea, from a business perspective, c2c does have a huge amount of value, but based on my initial point, I would encourage it.

In spite of my preference for members turning on c2c, I can assure you that it's never a problem if someone doesn't want their cam on.