AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do you come into a cam room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelylaura

Deactivated Account
May 25, 2020
I am on CB. And I can sit totally naked and masturbating with up to 175 users in total silence.

not 1 person tipping or chatting. Happens every day i am on there.

I get so frustrated and loose my shit.

How fun is it for users to just sit in a dead room. It must be fun because users on cb do it all the time.

i will tell you it sucks for the model.

i just don’t get it.

and you wonder why models are on their phones. This is why.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I am only naked a small part of the time. I do both—naked, dressed! If naked yields silence and little tipping, I go back to dressed. But honestly it would just be so nice to get active users, instead of the dreaded silence from 99% of them. I mean I think users would have a much better experience if they interacted somewhat with the model.

• Hugs
Reactions: JustMilfnAround
@lovelylaura It took me months to figure out the flow of my room, what was effective and what wasn’t. Even now though, I have noticed that I need to change things up every so often to keep members coming back for more.

Give members an inch, and they take a mile, give them nothing and they have to work for it.

Have you tried a private based cam-site like Streamate might work well for you. You can topless but no hideout below the waist is allowed. So members are forced to pay and go into privates or exclusives with you to see you nude. Nonetheless though, good days and bad days happen all the time.

Post was really addressing why members come into chat rooms and not engage with the model.

Most lurk in silence instead of engaging with the model.

Question was mostly to users of cam sites? Why come into a chat room and not engage?

-They are bots (tons of them)
-They are pennyless turkish guys that don't speak a single word of english and just enjoy the view
-Their hands are too busy to allow them to type
-They are just examining a lot of models to choose one to engage
-They are under cover models that are spying on other to have ideas for their show

There are a few reasons I can think of

1) A lot of users will have multiple tabs/rooms open at once, hoping for the "best2 moment/s. By this, it is purely down to what they prefer and enjoys (fetish, kinks) - waiting for a free show.

2) A lot of bad experiences from -moderators and other room tippers. Whereby they will chat with the model but then because - according to the mod or other tipper/s - you're talking too much, despite the model enjoying it, and then you're constantly told "tip tip tip" or "buy buy buy" - then you're having to try to apologize for not being rich, and only being able to tip some times. Once done enough, it makes you just think you can't be bothered to try and talk in case that stuff happens. It's annoying so not talking means you will avoid stuff like this.

Reactions: dario80 and DoD404
-They are bots (tons of them)
-They are pennyless turkish guys that don't speak a single word of english and just enjoy the view
-Their hands are too busy to allow them to type
-They are just examining a lot of models to choose one to engage
-They are under cover models that are spying on other to have ideas for their show

There are a few reasons I can think of

1) A lot of users will have multiple tabs/rooms open at once, hoping for the "best2 moment/s. By this, it is purely down to what they prefer and enjoys (fetish, kinks) - waiting for a free show.

2) A lot of bad experiences from -moderators and other room tippers. Whereby they will chat with the model but then because - according to the mod or other tipper/s - you're talking too much, despite the model enjoying it, and then you're constantly told "tip tip tip" or "buy buy buy" - then you're having to try to apologize for not being rich, and only being able to tip some times. Once done enough, it makes you just think you can't be bothered to try and talk in case that stuff happens. It's annoying so not talking means you will avoid stuff like this.

- These are all good possibilities IMO.

Other possibilities:

- Timidity / lack of confidence. Those painfully shy men who don’t know how to approach people in the “real world” probably visit cam sites, too. Being anonymous online gives them enough sense of security to visit the site, but it doesn’t magically give them “swag” or teach them how to start conversations with confidence.

- Socially awkward. Not exactly the same as being timid, but it’s in the same ballpark. Maybe they’re not shy, but they Just lack social skills and don’t know or care enough to be polite and say hi.

- They opened your room in a new tab and are multi-tasking (either with multiple cam rooms open or with other, non-cam websites) and therefore not fully paying attention to you. (I don’t do this with cam sites, but in my day-to-day, I am a multi-tasker who opens new tabs all day and usually don’t get around to closing them for hours).

- They’re waiting for a cue (whether it be the model saying something to them first, or an on-cam action getting their attention, or even another member saying something they can respond to).

Post was really addressing why members come into chat rooms and not engage with the model.

Most lurk in silence instead of engaging with the model.

Question was mostly to users of cam sites? Why come into a chat room and not engage?

Simple answer is what you're doing isn't making them want to interact if they're a live person and not a bot.

A ton of models here have secondary accounts where they go in as members and tip other models and interact with them so don't discount other model's answers. I use Mr Dani's account because I feel it can be rude to go in to another model's room with a girly username. So many can answer this as a model and also a user. I tend to interact/tip way more with models who look like they're actually enjoying being on cam or who have sassy answers to idiot questions. I leave very quickly if they're on their phone forever, don't react to tips I sent or over acting with the lush lol. A bunch of members watch during work hours and leave the window open but can't interact and can only take a glance here and there. I mean a million random reasons for users sitting and doing nothing. Buuut if it's a trend more than not, ya gotta do something to make them want to interact. Try a different site, switch up your routine, try different time slot....

I tend to end up in rooms where the focus in on chatting, dice rolling and silly stuff. I'm there for the mood and the company and the awkward jokes. Fapping to someone masturbating is often pretty far down the list.
Last night we tipped a model to do her Yoga exercise on cam because she had her time of the month. Then she played truth or dare with us 10 drooling idiot regulars. The rest was like an old school IRC channel, and it was fucking great!

You, as a model, are not entitled to anything from members, not even conversation. It is a free site, there are 1000 rooms and you are simply one more room there so the default mode for members is to lurk. The only reason someone is inclined to talk in a room they have never been in before is if they find something intriguing, exciting, or they feel a connection with the model, all three are very difficult to do during a cumshow. Your job as a model consists precisely on that: discovering what it is you need to do to make your audience want to talk and tip you. The responsibility of carrying the show forward lies on you, not them. You have to figure out how to rise above the rest and bring something different and exciting to the table so members will feel a reason to talk.

Now, even seasoned models with an excellent success rate as entertainers will have days where they are juggling rubber chickens while jumping on one foot in front of a silent crowd, that's just part of the nature of camming, the crowds are unpredictable and sometimes you just can't seem to win. And most models will blow a fuse at least once in their camming career, and I have done it more than a handful of times, regretfully, however, the responsibility of the show then, when you are doing your best and it's not working still lies on you, you just need to learn when to pull the plug and call it a day and try again some other time, instead of blaming it on the audience. However, it doesn't sound like you are at this stage yet, it sounds like you still haven't figured out your own show and you still have a long way to go. I would advice you to try many different things and learn what works for you in which contexts rather than feeling like a victim cause that never helps you evolve.

Saying I have not figured out my own show and have a long way to go is a bit harsh. I have done web camming full time almost 2 years straight. Even though I struggle at times, at the end of the day I do quite well, or I would not still be doing it. I have tried lots of different things over the course of 2 years. Often members on CB just don’t respond even when you ask questions, are silly, etc.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
If I go to a new room and the model is masterbating....I tend to either just go to another room or if she quickly turns me on I may masturbate and move on without chatting or tipping.

If I go to a room and I find a model intriguing and she can hold a conversation then I will find myself tipping to catch her attention and maybe encourage her to show more of her body and/or masterbate.

"If your giving away the milk for free why buy the cow?"

If I go to a new room and the model is masterbating....I tend to either just go to another room or if she quickly turns me on I may masturbate and move on without chatting or tipping.

If I go to a room and I find a model intriguing and she can hold a conversation then I will find myself tipping to catch her attention and maybe encourage her to show more of her body and/or masterbate.

"If your giving away the milk for free why buy the cow?"
are you on CB? Because members on CB are more attracted to nudity than conversation. When dressed I can’t get more than 50. Naked numbers jump to 200 in about 10 minutes.

I think MFC and CB attract different crowds. CB is way more sexual. I get way more interaction when naked, then dressed. When dressed and trying to engage my audience, few respond. When naked or part naked, suddenly users have a lot to say.

I know masturbating gets more viewers, but honestly having a lot of viewers doesn’t matter too much! I’ve had nights where I had 600 viewers and no tippers. I’ve also had nights where I made $600 with only 40 viewers. I always had the most success starting off fully clothed and drawing people in. On chaturbate this often meant talking to myself. Sometimes I’d have to have a bubbly one sided conversation for an HOUR with myself before it worked and people started tipping. But it did work!

I think MFC and CB attract different crowds. CB is way more sexual. I get way more interaction when naked, then dressed. When dressed and trying to engage my audience, few respond. When naked or part naked, suddenly users have a lot to say.

Not sure. MFC has their member lounge, where always silent members can watch models without being in the chat room.

Reactions: DoD404
Saying I have not figured out my own show and have a long way to go is a bit harsh. I have done web camming full time almost 2 years straight. Even though I struggle at times, at the end of the day I do quite well, or I would not still be doing it. I have tried lots of different things over the course of 2 years. Often members on CB just don’t respond even when you ask questions, are silly, etc.

I have not seen your show but I based my perception on your own threads on ACF which have been plenty and mostly negative. It sounds like you don't have a grasp of how to cam yet, like you haven't found your own groove since you still haven't figured out a large room full of freeloaders is less valuable than a small room with a handful of interested tippers. This is something that many models learn in about 3 months.

II always had the most success starting off fully clothed and drawing people in. On chaturbate this often meant talking to myself. Sometimes I’d have to have a bubbly one sided conversation for an HOUR with myself before it worked and people started tipping. But it did work!

My absolute favorite models have mastered this. They don’t remove clothing (let alone masturbate) unless motivated specifically by tipping. But the trick seems to be that while they’re still clothed, they’re being interesting and charming to keep the room watching/enjoying.

Some talk (sometimes out loud to themselves), some make goofy faces into the cam, some sing, some dance, some change their hairstyle in front of the cam (surprising how often this inspires members to offer opinions), some ask for opinions on different outfits without actually changing into them, etc etc.

I’m sure it’s an acquired skill and not particularly easy to do, but a) it helps them maintain a crowd without giving away freebies, b) more often than not, those who hang out will eventually give in and tip, and c) it probably occupies the model’s mind a bit so she isn’t tempted to stare at her phone or dwell on why there aren’t more people/tips.

I have not seen your show but I based my perception on your own threads on ACF which have been plenty and mostly negative. It sounds like you don't have a grasp of how to cam yet, like you haven't found your own groove since you still haven't figured out a large room full of freeloaders is less valuable than a small room with a handful of interested tippers. This is something that many models learn in about 3 months.
If you are just here to criticize me I would appreciate you saying nothing. There is a way to get your point across without coming across as rude. You know nothing about me or my shows. You can base your opinions on my chat here as you have done, but you responses are very condensing. Helpful advice is one thing from other models and appreciated—but from your comments(models figure it out in 3 mns), you seem to just want to bash me, and I do not appreciate or need that. I come here for constructive feedback, support and advice.

If you are just here to criticize me I would appreciate you saying nothing. There is a way to get your point across without coming across as rude. You know nothing about me or my shows. You can base your opinions on my chat here as you have done, but you responses are very condensing. Helpful advice is one thing from other models and appreciated—but from your comments(models figure it out in 3 mns), you seem to just want to bash me, and I do not appreciate or need that. I come here for constructive feedback, support and advice.

To be fair, from what you have posted a lot on here, I also thought you were new and not a model with 2 years experience.
That's why I was responding to how I did to you, telling you that you are in need of a thicker skin, etc. But I guess that still applies, however, I am surprised after 2 years you don't have one and that you just let everyone get to you so easily.

Like above, one small critique based on things you have said, and how, and that it comes across as being new, yet you found big offense to it despite clearly at least 2 of us thinking (based on your postings) why you're new.
We are all going to be critiqued in life, for anything and everything. Don't see criticism as something bad and negative, simply see it as something to work on. Too many models get to a point where they have been doing cam modeling for XX years so they think they don't need advice or criticism from anyone, including from other models.. In some instances sure, this is absolutely right, but in yours, I think you should - instead of getting angry - try to take on board what is being said.

I think we all need help in life, and it's good to take advice from others, learn from their experience and knowledge instead of assuming you know well and fine.

But that's just me.

I don’t have an issue with advice. Its the way it is worded. And since this has become non productive and toxic I shall go. I have been very successful with how I do things on CB the last 2 years. I came here to grow and improve. Thank you and good bye.

Seems a bit dramatic to be posting asking for opinions, advice, and help, but then deactivating your account. For as harsh as anyone's advice or opinion might be, the community here is extremely supportive and from what I have seen as a new model, is a community of models and members that want to see each other succeed. Some of it might be a hard pill to swallow, but it's with the best of intentions.

Seems a bit dramatic to be posting asking for opinions, advice, and help, but then deactivating your account. For as harsh as anyone's advice or opinion might be, the community here is extremely supportive and from what I have seen as a new model, is a community of models and members that want to see each other succeed. Some of it might be a hard pill to swallow, but it's with the best of intentions.
How does one grow and improve if they are unwilling to take advice and critique? It makes no sense to me.
Well, take care Laura (i see her account is deactivated)

I had to put this person on ignore a week ago.
Attitude is a bit toxic. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.