AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wishlist help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2012
:hello2: I'm a brand-new cam girl and I'm trying to figure out my wishlist.. I know you're not supposed to put anything from a third party on your wishlist, but it seems as though all sex toys are sold through a third party. I want to put on a hitachi, swing, etc., but none of them are sold through amazon. Also, what other sites are good for wishlists (i.e. which protect your privacy)? I'd appreciate any advice.

You can list third party stuff on your wishlist but people won't be able to send them to you unless you give them your address. I guess a way around that would be to put some gift cards on your wishlist and then people can buy you the gift card and tell you which item it's for - then you just use the gift card to buy that item yourself.

Reactions: Evvie and LyLa
Thank you! What's the consensus on getting a p.o. box? Safe or not? I think people would often prefer to pick a gift than a gift card! Just wondering what all the other girls do for this stuff.

A UPS/PO box are good options.

It doesn't really worry me that some people find out where I live. I don't really see a future where a stalker could do anything to me (I'm out to everyone in my life both about being a sex worker and being in the lifestyle) and anyone who comes to my house uninvited is getting shot in the face. We open the door after we've picked up a gun.

However, for people with more safety concerns, yup - PO box'll do ya right.

LyLa said:
Just wondering what all the other girls do for this stuff.

I don't have a P.O. Box or an Amazon wishlist. I do welcome e-gift cards sent to my e-mail, or even better...to just get online/offline MFC tips. :)

A while back a really nice guy on AdultWork sent me a $380 Amazon e-gift card. :shock: :) That was so awesome and so sweet.

mynameisbob84 said:
You can list third party stuff on your wishlist but people won't be able to send them to you unless you give them your address.
Actually, people can see the model's name, postal town and state on her Amazon wishlist without buying her anything. :(

I guess a way around that would be to put some gift cards on your wishlist and then people can buy you the gift card and tell you which item it's for - then you just use the gift card to buy that item yourself.
This is what I do with my amazon.co.uk wishlist. It's super lame in a way, I'd much rather have stuff delivered to my house as a surprise, rather than buying things for myself, but it's the only way that works.

I heard that edenfantasys completely protects the wishlist creator's address?
Can anyone confirm that?

edit: This might interest models in the UK and Europe. Or models who like Lovehoney. :)

I recently opened a thread on the Lovehoney forums, asking why they show the buyers of items on your wishlist your postal town.
Here's what a mod replied:

Hi All

This has become one of those situations where 'you can't please all the people all of the time!' I'm afraid! I think some of the posts in this thread show this!

Times have changed somewhat since we set up the wishlist system-it was initially about buying friends on the forum etc a little special something! We left a postal town in so people were sure that the parcel was going to the right place without giving away too many details, and to also indicate to people about the cost of postage if items were going abroad. We only confirmed the major postal town so people could not be identified.

The times keep on changing of course, so we will ask the tech team to remove the towns altogether. The wishlists are now being used far more extensivley for a number of reasons (cam girls for example, as mentioned in this thread) so it is now the right time to have a re-think!

No doubt we will get a few complaints about this, but hey ho!!

Cheers guys and gals!

:clap:

Reactions: Jessi J and Evvie
If you can get a UPS box instead of a USPS PO Box I would. A lot of sellers will not ship to a PO Box.

LilyMarie said:
I heard that edenfantasys completely protects the wishlist creator's address?
Can anyone confirm that?

I just ordered from them. If they give me her address I will report back here to this thread, so other models will know.

Reactions: LyLa and LilyMarie
LilyMarie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
You can list third party stuff on your wishlist but people won't be able to send them to you unless you give them your address.
Actually, people can see the model's name, postal town and state on her Amazon wishlist without buying her anything. :(
According to Amazon, third party sellers may or may not show the address. The girl can choose if she wants to share her address with the third party seller. If the address isn't shared, the buyer must enter the shipping address manually.

The only gift I bought from a third party seller, I had to enter the model's address. I don't know how much info would be shown to me if she had shared her address with this seller. But I believe that each seller has a different policy and software. Some might reveal everything, some might reveal almost nothing.

MyCamgirl said:
LilyMarie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
According to Amazon, third party sellers may or may not show the address. The girl can choose if she wants to share her address with the third party seller. If the address isn't shared, the buyer must enter the shipping address manually.

The only gift I bought from a third party seller, I had to enter the model's address. I don't know how much info would be shown to me if she had shared her address with this seller. But I believe that each seller has a different policy and software. Some might reveal everything, some might reveal almost nothing.
Regardless of whether you share your address with third party sellers - if you want people to be able to buy you something, your name, town and state will have to be visible on your amazon wishlist. :(

Reactions: Jessi J and LyLa
LilyMarie said:
Regardless of whether you share your address with third party sellers - if you want people to be able to buy you something, your name, town and state will have to be visible on your amazon wishlist. :(
This is true.

I'd also like to say that when it comes to security, don't go overboard... I was in a conflict with a cam lady once whom I knew IRL, and to try and make peace I went to buy something off of her Amazon wishlist. She hadn't entered any shipping address at all. I talked to her boyfriend, and apparently she insisted that because her home address was saved to her Amazon account, she had no need to enter it on to her Wishlist - all the while mocking stupid models who needlessly shared that information.

I knew her address so I entered it in by hand, but looking back I imagine she was probably pretty pissed that her only wishlist item came from me.

Reactions: LyLa
In addition to getting a PO box, you can also get a "DBA" form (Does Business As) from your state. I had one for a side business awhile back, and it cost me $10 (of course it could be different in your state). This allowed me to do banking, etc. in my business name. For models, you would be able to get mail/packages addressed to your stage name. You would just show the form when you set up the PO box, and you're all set. Of course UPS/USPS would know your real name, but it could still solve a potential hang up for you.

Thanks for all the info.. I agree with not being overboard, but at the same time I've had a couple of creepy stalker-esque situations cocktailing at strip clubs (and I was super careful, never left with customers or gave out info) and would like to avoid that kind of thing here. Friends are one thing, but occasionally someone goes over the line! :confused2: I'm going to have a friend who works an hour away set up a ups box for me (good tip on that one; I had thought about how some sellers don't ship to po boxes!). Can't you have a fake name on amazon though? I set up an acct with my cam name.

** schlmoe, just saw your response as I posted, that's brilliant! That's exactly what I'll do! Thank you. :thumbleft:

Edenfantasys says on their site that they will not show your address, name or anything to anyone. It specifically states that they will only see your username.

All the fun stuff that you can't find on amazon is there ! lube, toys, sexy clothes, undies, swings, you name it. it's a great site. definitely recommend!

missmeowmixx said:
Edenfantasys says on their site that they will not show your address, name or anything to anyone. It specifically states that they will only see your username.

All the fun stuff that you can't find on amazon is there ! lube, toys, sexy clothes, undies, swings, you name it. it's a great site. definitely recommend!

I second this. If you want a wishlist just for sex toys and lingerie use Eden Fantasy's - it's 100% discreet. The buyer will never see more than your user name.

missmeowmixx said:

But, but... all the fun stuff I can find on amazon is not on edenfantasys :crybaby: Books, jewellery, movies, pillows, shower curtains, candy, candles, you name it.

This post helped no one. I'm sorry. I just really really wish Amazon would hide my address, too. :(

I am reporting back on Edenfantasys.com as promised.

When I picked shipping the only option I had, because it was international, was UPS then :confusion-shrug: when it shipped it was by USPS. That means no tracking info to give things away, but that may not always the case. If it had shipped via UPS I would have gotten a city with the tracking, and maybe a signature if the package required a signature.

So if you do use them you will give away your country plus your province/state, and risk your city also being disclosed to the buyer. They may even see the name of who signed for it, but UPS and FedEx will often just drop things at your door.

Shaun__ said:
I am reporting back on Edenfantasys.com as promised.

When I picked shipping the only option I had, because it was international, was UPS then :confusion-shrug: when it shipped it was by USPS. That means no tracking info to give things away, but that may not always the case. If it had shipped via UPS I would have gotten a city with the tracking, and maybe a signature if the package required a signature.

So if you do use them you will give away your country plus your province/state, and risk your city also being disclosed to the buyer. They may even see the name of who signed for it, but UPS and FedEx will often just drop things at your door.

That's nice of you to report back to us. Thank you.

Part of the reason I don't do the whole Amazon wish list thing, besides the personal info concerns, is that I worry that people will buy me gifts INSTEAD OF tipping me tokens. As nice as it'd be to have gifts sent to me, I'd worry that I'll be getting gifts but not making my topless/naked token goals on cam anymore. If I have to choose one over the other, I'd choose to get tokens.

I really like you guys' idea of making an Amazon wish list, and just having someone send an e-gift card for one of those items. :) MAYBE I'll try that a few weeks prior to my birthday, even though I think "Happy Birthday!" tips are fun! :thumbleft:

I suggest establishing yourself on your cam site before posting wishlists. People that buy from wishlists tend to not tip as much (from my experience). If you do a wishlist, maybe find some cheaper items that you want and save the more expensive items for days like your birthday or christmas. My biggest failure was letting people buy me expensive things, then they weren't able to tip as much, which hurt me in the long run. :(

The_Brown_Fox said:
Part of the reason I don't do the whole Amazon wish list thing, besides the personal info concerns, is that I worry that people will buy me gifts INSTEAD OF tipping me tokens. As nice as it'd be to have gifts sent to me, I'd worry that I'll be getting gifts but not making my topless/naked token goals on cam anymore. If I have to choose one over the other, I'd choose to get tokens.

My gifts and tokens come out of different budgets. I just like getting friends things I think they will like, or things I think I would like. :lol: The waiting to see them with it is the worse part, because Skype unboxing is so fun.

Reactions: LyLa and Evvie
Yay, awesome info! Thank yoooou! :-D

The reason I'm trying to get it set up right away is that a few guys have expressed interest in buying me a gift. I have no good camming toys and they wanted to buy me some. From what I've heard, most guys will buy gifts on top of tips.. The kind of guy that buys you gifts is the kind of guy that wants to dote on you and it won't take away from his tips (like with Shaun). I saw the same thing working at strip clubs; the guys that had a special dancer/bartender/waitress would bring her pretty things and leave a big tip as well. I guess sometimes it takes away but I'm not too worried about it.

schlmoe said:
In addition to getting a PO box, you can also get a "DBA" form (Does Business As) from your state. I had one for a side business awhile back, and it cost me $10 (of course it could be different in your state). This allowed me to do banking, etc. in my business name. For models, you would be able to get mail/packages addressed to your stage name. You would just show the form when you set up the PO box, and you're all set. Of course UPS/USPS would know your real name, but it could still solve a potential hang up for you.
I would be very careful getting a DBA (also called a Fictitious Name in many states). Most jurisdicitons make DBA / Fictitious Name filings public and quite a few allow you to easily look it up online. For example a random one I just pulled up:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETREG&docnum=G09033900603&rdocnum=G94228000082

Note that not only are their real names listed, but their legal addresses are as well. This could actually be worse than just avoiding the DBA altogether.

That said, you could certainly consider setting up an S-Corp or an LLC to provide you with some anonymity (and possibly some liability protection too, if you care about that). You'd want to consult with a lawyer on either of those options, however, particularly if you want to ensure that the entity is structured in such a way that your identity is really protected. And there are annual costs with maintaining corporate entities.

MadJohnson said:
schlmoe said:
I would be very careful getting a DBA (also called a Fictitious Name in many states). Most jurisdicitons make DBA / Fictitious Name filings public and quite a few allow you to easily look it up online. For example a random one I just pulled up:

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.exe?action=DETREG&docnum=G09033900603&rdocnum=G94228000082

Note that not only are their real names listed, but their legal addresses are as well. This could actually be worse than just avoiding the DBA altogether.

That said, you could certainly consider setting up an S-Corp or an LLC to provide you with some anonymity (and possibly some liability protection too, if you care about that). You'd want to consult with a lawyer on either of those options, however, particularly if you want to ensure that the entity is structured in such a way that your identity is really protected. And there are annual costs with maintaining corporate entities.

Yes, in some locales the DBA (Fictitious Name) is considered "public records". It's not as bad today as it was 5 years ago. A lot of locales will allow you to "opt out" of your file being put in a public area. It's the same thing they've done (in certain states) with police reports. They used to be "public records", but it is getting more prevalent that you have to prove you are an "interested party" before you can gain access. For the DBA, that would mean a creditor, and in this case, since we're discussing using it for a PO box, it would not apply.

Even if your state or locale makes all DBA info public, there are still many ways around it.

I've had a UPS box for two years now. I've never had a problem. UPS will never give out your name to someone inquiring after the owner of a box. They allow you to put an alias on your box to receive mail from. You can receive any size of package at all from FedEx, UPS, and regular postal mail. They give you a key to the store so you can pick up things at your convenience (note that if you buy a small box you'll only be able to pick up larger packages during business hours).

The guys at UPS are amazing to me. My "business name" is Lacie La Plante, and I am the owner of the business and the only person allowed to pick up packages for "Lacie La Plante"

They hold packages for me for 3 days, I pay 90 dollars for 3 months. It works out really well for me.

MadJohnson said:
schlmoe said:

Thank you for posting this. It occurred to me too, after giving it thought, that DBAs are usually public records.. I think I'll just go the ups box route! Although the gift card thing works too; I had a guy give me an amazon gift card for the amount of a logitech c920 last night! :-D He was so nice! Can't wait to have a clearer transmission!

Status
Not open for further replies.