AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

With Easter being Sunday how do you handle the holidays ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heart42

Banhammered
Mar 21, 2010
Twitter Username
@41dog
MFC Username
Serenity48
When one deals with an illness it's never easy & the way that some families are I shy away from most of mine knowing alcohol played a huge part on why. I wonder what you guys think & you're all in my prayers this weekend

Re: With Easter being Sunday how do you handle the holidays

It sucks with my mom not being around.
Like -EVERY- holiday does. Because I get to thinking about the memories we've had on all the holidays.
But, I'm feeling more at ease lately because I have my boyfriend's family now.
:)

Minus my immediate family (husband, daughter, in laws) I don't really have to deal with anyone. Plus besides giving my kid goodies/presents and chocolate I don't really celebrate most religion based holidays personally. So much easier this way to be honest, but that's just me. :)

I only celebrate Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Halloween!

The first 3 are for grilling and the last is for fun :p

Most "holidays" are just a regular day for me. They used to mean a day off of the day job, but now, yep just another day.

I will still do cute little things for them. Hell, I wore bunny ears today. But I am not in the least big religious so they mean nothing more to me than a day to maybe have an extra drink!! :)

Depends on the holiday.

This year, I'm actually going to Easter Mass, but I haven't done that for awhile. Some years, it's just a day off work. Some years, it's just a day at work where I have to hear all the customers commiserate "I'm so sorry you had to work today". Some holidays I actually get to spend with one family or another (not my own, a friend's), and every once in awhile, a holiday is spent with my own family.

No pity wished for- I do what I feel for the holiday that year.

This Easter my family planned a large family brunch at the "country club" and a dinner at my parent's house; however, plans have changed because of my health. On my way to visit my family this week I got violently ill, and couldn't keep any food down (not even water or chicken broth!). I had surgery yesterday to remove my gall bladder (I was so out of it from not eating for 5 days that I kept telling the doctors that I was having my ball gladder taken out). My parents aren't up to hosting a large family dinner anymore, so we're probably just going to do something small.

I will say that Easter is the hardest holiday for me because my grandmother passed away on Good Friday two years ago and we were really, really close and would always go to church together for Easter service, and she would always hold my hand while we looked for Easter eggs together. Though I miss her dearly, I just like to think of every holiday as a way to spend more time with my family.

ZoeyMore said:
This Easter my family planned a large family brunch at the "country club" and a dinner at my parent's house; however, plans have changed because of my health. On my way to visit my family this week I got violently ill, and couldn't keep any food down (not even water or chicken broth!). I had surgery yesterday to remove my gall bladder (I was so out of it from not eating for 5 days that I kept telling the doctors that I was having my ball gladder taken out). My parents aren't up to hosting a large family dinner anymore, so we're probably just going to do something small.

I will say that Easter is the hardest holiday for me because my grandmother passed away on Good Friday two years ago and we were really, really close and would always go to church together for Easter service, and she would always hold my hand while we looked for Easter eggs together. Though I miss her dearly, I just like to think of every holiday as a way to spend more time with my family.

Hope you are feeling much better! And I hope your Easter is calm and peaceful for you!

I don't do holidays nor believe in them. It's a day on the calendar. Big deal. I think it's patently hilarious that we should celebrate a particular event for one day and forget about it the rest of the year and wander like sheep until the next holiday. I'm thankful for everything that has been done for mankind and show it every day, not just according to the calendar. Holidays are another day. Same shit, different day. Go on with life.

Curvy_MILF said:
ZoeyMore said:

Hope you are feeling much better! And I hope your Easter is calm and peaceful for you!

Thanks :) So far its just my immediate family and boyfriend for dinner. Nice and quiet.

Im not religious either, was never "force fed" it. I was able to believe what I knew to be true. This christmas in fact my dad said he is way more pissed off at us(me and my two brothers) for not becoming professionals than he is at us for not being religious. Which I think is how it should be.

ONE DRAW BACK TO TODAY

I went to the grocery store (HEB for you Texans) and it was closed. Completely totally, not a soul there, 300+ car parking lot completely empty, all because some Christians are celebrating today... why should everyone have to suffer?

no offense to anyone.

How I handled my Easter:

1200: Left house picked up grandmother and sister
1225: Arrived at a local banquet hall for the yearly dinner with family.
1300: Uncle buys me my first vodka & tonic.
1310: Vodka tonic is gone.
1315: Ordered myself a Sicilian Kiss (SoCo & Amaretto)
1330: Second drink gone, first plate of food gone.
1345: Cousin orders a round of Grateful Deads (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, triple sec, sour mix, chambord)
1420: Third drink gone, second plate of food gone, working on dessert.
1430: Leave the restaurant, head to uncle's house for family gathering.
1450: Arrive, get another vodka & tonic.
1515: Vodka tonic gone...decide to pace myself...
1600: Another vodka tonic
1630: Decide to slow down for sure now.. I need to drive home..
1730: Shot of Glogg (swedish traditional drink)
1830: Make my way home...
1930: Arrive home, contemplate another vodka tonic...
1945: Check MFC, no Amber, pissed... MAEK POAST! (while sipping another vodka tonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.