AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WoW and paladins

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2010
I started up a baby paladin just for fun recently, is it me or have they changed this class so much? You don't have to constantly recast seals, the buffs last way longer and you get so many ways to increase your aggro it is amazing. There is that one spell at 16 that has a 30 ft range that you can actually use to pull!

That's what I get for not paying attention.

I didn't start play WoW until a few weeks before WotLK was released (Or, rather, the pre-Wrath patch), so I don't know so much about how it used to be. I do remember in my first few levels needing to constantly recast my seal, and that was annoying as fuck.

And they didn't get to have Hand of Reckoning (The taunt you were describing)? WTF? Did paladins not used to tank? Cause my paladin is a tank, and I love it.

In vanilla, paladins were primarily looked upon as healers with Holy being the tree that promised them being useful. When original Naxx was released, in 1.11, that changed slightly, with pally tanks being fairly optimal for some of the AoE pulls there, but I don't recall them still being considered much for main tanking any of the bosses, in Naxx or anywhere before. And Ret... well, without some really incredible gear, Ret was just lawlcakes on the roflcopter.

IIRC back then, Righteous Defense was the only "taunt" Paladins had. Seals were, I think, 2 minute duration, and expended with the use of Judgement. There was only one Judgement, and it would place the effect of the current seal; there was no Seal of Vengeance/Corruption paired with Judgement of Wisdom or Light. I know talents have been INSANELY overhauled; BoKings for a long time was only accessible to Prot pallys. Rather than Hand of Salvation, there was a Blessing of Salvation, which was a 5? minute buff for a constant -20%? aggro.

And so, so, SO much more. I never actually played a pally in Vanilla (at least, not beyond lvl 12) and only ever now and then in BC, so most of what I know of oldschool paladins just comes from raiding with them.

But yes... there have been a lot of drastic changes over the years. IMO for the better. I love my Tankadin. :3

Eeeeeeh thoses were the days, i ws on WoW for 2 yrs before i quit, i was on it faaaar too much, but yes paladins got way cooler, i left just after they got cool :D lol

i used to always be a priest, loved being a main healer, but then i tried paladin and fell in love lol.

i do so miss the game, but now cams rules my computer time haha.

xx jess

NinjaMike42 said:
And they didn't get to have Hand of Reckoning (The taunt you were describing)? WTF? Did paladins not used to tank? Cause my paladin is a tank, and I love it.

I remember one of our Paladins trying to "tank" Onyxia during vanilla. He died before phase 1 ended and the normal MT picked her up and we killed her as normal. Paladins were cleanse bots and flash of light spammers mostly. The "skilled" Paladin healers could effectively use Holy Light.

I remember filling a few empty slots with paladins just for blessings and auras back then, and yeah it was really just a flash-of-light spam fest for raid healing paladins back then.

Of course, I played the superior healing class (Priest) so I never paid them much mind.

Almost level 80 on my DK, I am really loving how little downtime there is leveling a DK, especially in northrend.

i remember when we used to have to walk to school in the snow up hill both ways....

oh wait... shit nevermind... yeah pallys have changed a shit ton... i remember way back when having to spam the seals and whatnot... seems like everytime i took a break from my pally to play my lock for a bit... i always came back to some major change to the class...

Serge said:
Of course, I played the superior healing class (Priest) so I never paid them much mind.

I play a holy priest now... holy light + beacon of light by a good paly will destroy me as far as throughput on most fights.

Serge said:
Almost level 80 on my DK, I am really loving how little downtime there is leveling a DK, especially in northrend.

What spec are you going with? I've tried all of them so far on my 73 DK but always end up going back to blood. Seems to play a lot like Ret Paly which makes it pretty easy since it's like I've done it before.

AlexLady said:
Paladins suck. Especially in role playing. At least almost all of them. Fuck them.

That is all.
I can't stand those holy-er than thou MotherFuckers either!

It seems that WoW as a whole is changing faster then one can manage to keep up with things. I've spent the past few days wiping on the AH boss and hope i'll get her down in the next few days to come. BUT horde paladins are > all imo -.-

Moonsunit said:
It seems that WoW as a whole is changing faster then one can manage to keep up with things. I've spent the past few days wiping on the AH boss and hope i'll get her down in the next few days to come. BUT horde paladins are > all imo -.-

Did you seriously just show support for Blood Elves? This is highly disappointing.

Mirra said:
Did you seriously just show support for Blood Elves? This is highly disappointing.

Welllll female blood elves do have the cutiest asses of all the horde races. -.-

Moonsunit said:
Welllll female blood elves do have the cutiest asses of all the horde races. -.-
Moonsunit said:
cutiest asses of all the horde races. -.-
Moonsunit said:
of all the horde races
Moonsunit said:
horde races

Also, wearing a long cloak and viewed from behind, my female draenei looks like she has some SERIOUS ghetto booty. Discuss.

Female space goats ARE hawt. I'd take one over a blood elf any day.

Mostly because blood elves are too cocky.

Also, female Worgen are going to make the furries abandon the Horde ship. Just saying.

I enjoy my paladin, just the fact if you don't have the gear; you are fucked after you are forced to bubble.

Mirra said:
Serge said:

I play a holy priest now... holy light + beacon of light by a good paly will destroy me as far as throughput on most fights.

I I've honestly been outhealing most of the paladins whenever we do 10 or 25 man content. The amazing potential of paladins for single heal capability is offset by their lack of AOE healing capability, which is where us holy priests shine. If you want to try and beat a paladin on single heal fights, spec discipline.

Mirra said:
Serge said:

What spec are you going with? I've tried all of them so far on my 73 DK but always end up going back to blood. Seems to play a lot like Ret Paly which makes it pretty easy since it's like I've done it before.

I leveled blood pretty much exclusively, only going into the unholy tree far enough to get "on a pale horse" talent for increased mount speed. Blood allows you to, as you've pointed out, play more or less like a ret pally. Lay the diseases (judgement), then spam your big hit (heart strike) or your heal/hit (death strike). If it's a group, add pestilence and blood boil to the mix.

If you decide to try tanking as a DK, keep in mind that blood tanking will rely on you having a hefty health pool, since you will take a lot of damage until you get really well geared. Even then, you'll usually take more damage than an equivalently geared warrior or paladin tank (no shield = sadface). You make up for this as a DK tank by having the strength-to-parry conversion, stacking dodge rating along with defense, and leeching your health back regularly via death strike and rune tap.

I had first made my Paladin back in The Burning Crusade flash of light spamming my way through 25 man content but yes there were tons of changes made to the class. Seals lasting 30 minutes instead of disappearing after dropping a judgement, holy shock on a 6 second cooldown instead of 15 seconds, holy light being the heal of choice instead of flash of light.

During lich king I also PvPed as Ret, which used to be a laughing stock as a spec back in TBC.

A lot of changes A lot of fun. But I quit WoW back in October so im sure i've missed even more changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.