AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WTF? Warning for sleeping on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaT

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Twitter Username
@Rebecca__t
MFC Username
RebeccaTeal
Chaturbate Username
RebeccaTeal
I have a warning from Chaturbate for sleeping on cam...something I have never, ever done.

The notice states I must be on cam at all times, so if I drop a dildo and need to stoop down below the camera level do I need to log out? Or if I take 30 seconds to put the kettle on?

Maybe I'll drag the camera with me. Jeeeeeeez!

Can you tell I'm really pi**ed off?

RebeccaT said:
I have a warning from Chaturbate for sleeping on cam...something I have never, ever done.

I have heard through the grapevine (other models twitter) that they do that quite often... typically when a model is mid-orgasm and has her eyes closed in pleasure!!! Well done CB on not being able to distinguish between orgasms and naps :shock:

I agree with Leon though someone may also have took a screen shot in which you "appeared" to be sleeping and reported it and CB didnt bother watching the feed to check if it was the case...

graciereilly said:
I agree with Leon though someone may also have took a screen shot in which you "appeared" to be sleeping and reported it and CB didnt bother watching the feed to check if it was the case...

I must remember not to blink on cam!

They're probably right about someone reporting it. However, if I were you, I'd send a very nice, calmly-worded letter, explaining how I'd read (and follow) all of their terms of agreement. (I'm assuming CB has a rules page like MFC.) Just let them know that you're sorry it appeared that way, and they're more than welcome to watch any and all parts of your show to prove that you do follow the rules. But make sure to end it with something like, "I'm sorry you had to take time out of your day to send me an unnecessary warning, but I can assure you that you won't have to do it again. I'll take extra precautions so it doesn't appear like that again."

You know, basically just covering your ass in case someone reports you again. Better safe than sorry.

This is the A number one reason I have nearly 0 respect for Chaturbate on a professional level.

This story is all too common but I'm glad you at least didn't get banned! Those horrible stories seem to be lessening... so that's good.

JoleneBrody said:
This is the A number one reason I have nearly 0 respect for Chaturbate on a professional level.

This story is all too common but I'm glad you at least didn't get banned! Those horrible stories seem to be lessening... so that's good.

yeah, to put this in perspective a little more, a week or two after I made my CB account they had a weekend that was bad enough to nearly make me quit the whole camsite thing altogether. It was just after Christmas and apparently they were short-staffed. So instead of saying that they would need more time to investigate reports, they just banned first and asked questions later. Once the trolls got wind of that, one room after another went down, starting with one that had a password show going for quite a lot of people who all paid 400 tokens for it. I was one of them, it was half past 4 in the morning and I had been awake the whole time in anticipation for what was my first big camshow like, ever!.

You can imagine how it felt when the room suddenly got banned.

And then most of the rooms I went into to see if anyone knew what was going on.

Oh, and then there was the time that their server apparently thought I had been "banned in too many rooms recently" and wouldn;t let me chat. Despite the fact that the first and only time I've been banned from a room was on MFC, 7 months later...

Yeah, I stopped being a fan of CB.

On top of all of the stuff mentioned here, CB seems to have server crashes every other time I go to the site. Fingering is my absolute favorite thing to watch, and I saw a preview still where a lady was fingering herself. I go to the room, and the site crashes 5 minutes later. It happens again the next time too. Now, I just run over there to see what couples are online, and I brace myself for the inevitable crash during the show. I figuratively piss my pants when I get to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.

RebeccaT said:
graciereilly said:

I must remember not to blink on cam!

Use toothpicks to keep your eyes open? lol

I_Am_Iris said:
They're probably right about someone reporting it. However, if I were you, I'd send a very nice, calmly-worded letter, explaining how I'd read (and follow) all of their terms of agreement. (I'm assuming CB has a rules page like MFC.) Just let them know that you're sorry it appeared that way, and they're more than welcome to watch any and all parts of your show to prove that you do follow the rules. But make sure to end it with something like, "I'm sorry you had to take time out of your day to send me an unnecessary warning, but I can assure you that you won't have to do it again. I'll take extra precautions so it doesn't appear like that again."

You know, basically just covering your ass in case someone reports you again. Better safe than sorry.

Iris, when a warning is sent it pops up over your CB page and has a box for a response (and a check box to acknowledge your wrist slapping) in which I did apologise and state I have never slept on cam and maybe I'd not been in view because I'd taken 30 seconds to put the kettle on but in future would log out to do so. I was so mad it was a tad sarcastic.

I should have stated I have recordings of every broadcast if they'd like to view them. But I doubt they even read the responses as I once had a warning that two videos for sale had music (they remove the audio) and I apologised and pointed out it was church bells!

That sucks, Leon! Were you able to get your tokens back?

Sorry to hear that, Rebecca. CB is stupid like that-one of the reasons I stopped camming on there. I got a warning once for being drunk when in fact I was stone cold sober (I was drinking an energy drink.) I was acting goofy, so I guess someone assumed I was drunk and reported me. They tend to give warnings without investigating first.

sexyvanessa4u said:
That sucks, Leon! Were you able to get your tokens back?

I didn't, though the models doing the show made all of us a video so we wouldn't be left empty-handed. Not sure it actually occurred to me to try and ask for a refund.

I was actually thinking about checking this site out for a second cam site since I am already on MFC (you know, if one is slow, jump on the other and maybe it will be better). I like options! But after hearing all this, that worries me! A model has to worry about her reputation as well! And if models are getting in trouble for stupid stuff and no one is investigating it, I don't know if I want to work for a cam site that doesn't care about their models. So sorry you had to deal with all of this! Also, what does a model do if she needs to use the bathroom? Not to get too personal, but especially after I do a cum show (or even in the middle of one if I want to do a multi-orgasm show) I need to get up and pee! Does that mean that every model has to log off to pee or go across the room (I have a small space and sometimes I am not visible for a minute or 2 if I need to grab something or let my dogs outside/inside) you have to log off? MFC has a thing to click to put your camera to "away" if you think you may be a little longer than a few minutes. But I've never heard of a model getting punished for being away from her cam for too long! Maybe I'll just stick to MFC and work extra hard!

I used Chaturbate for a week or two when it came out. I would just pop on there when I was getting ready for MFC or needed to take a break etc. I actually slept on there on purpose and made money? Hehehe. It's a terrible site. I don't understand why any models are still supporting it and working there.

Even to take 1-2 minutes to go to the bathroom, Minnie? Katie, I've stepped away from the cam for a minute or two on CB to grab a drink or use the bathroom and left my cam on and was never punished for it, but maybe they are cracking down on that. I can understand they don't want girls away from the cam for like 20 minutes, but taking a minute or two to grab some water or pee, you shouldn't have to logout all the time for that! That's a pain in the ass! Not to mention I always tell guys "Hey, I'll be right back, just need to pee or grab some water." The guys who are just surfing from room to room who have short attention spans may leave, but they rarely tip anyways. The guys who like me and are planning on tipping will stay. :)

sexyvanessa4u said:
Even to take 1-2 minutes to go to the bathroom, Minnie? Katie, I've stepped away from the cam for a minute or two on CB to grab a drink or use the bathroom and left my cam on and was never punished for it, but maybe they are cracking down on that. I can understand they don't want girls away from the cam for like 20 minutes, but taking a minute or two to grab some water or pee, you shouldn't have to logout all the time for that! That's a pain in the ass! Not to mention I always tell guys "Hey, I'll be right back, just need to pee or grab some water." The guys who are just surfing from room to room who have short attention spans may leave, but they rarely tip anyways. The guys who like me and are planning on tipping will stay. :)

The problem isn't with the action of stepping away from the cam, it's with one or more assholes reporting you when you do ;)

I used to mod for a girl with a tiny bladder and we never had problems with her room being banned despite the many, many "5 minute breaks" that never ever lasted more than three minutes.

Leon_Omega said:
The problem isn't with the action of stepping away from the cam, it's with one or more assholes reporting you when you do ;)

I leave a note on cam saying I'm getting a drink or having a wee and will be back in five minutes but haven't used it for a few weeks so it wasn't that.

I did dance like an idiot for seven minutes to a crazy song on a very hot evening by request and jokingly collapsed on my desk, head down, gasping for air for oh, maybe six seconds? Perhaps it was that!

In future, I will take the cam with me to make coffee, let the dog out, fetch a requested thong, pick up a dildo that's rolled out of view...

I actually like the site but this is ridiculous.

There are times when neither Chaturbate or Streamate even check a screenshot to see if the person in the picture doing something wrong matches who was reported as doing it. A model can get a warning or suspension for what another model or user did. The model usually has to email support to complain, then they might actually look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.