AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yet another Chaturbate (ban) rant :/

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only asking for an equal treatment from CB. Plus, up to this point they haven't "fed" me anything, not one bit hahah
But hey, I hear you, I see your point.
I feel let down by Chaturbate, and I'm just being honest and tell you how I feel about them right now based on my own experience.

I've had a few encounters with a professional Chaturbate supports in the past, they helped me sort some things out.
I can't really say the same this time, however. Pity.

Anyways,
I'm just gonna end my rant here. As it's gotten pretty exhausting both physically and emotionally.
Thank you all for voicing your thoughts and concerns on this matter.
I learned my lesson.

Sincerely,
Levi

[END OF RANT]

Last edited:
Um it's a camsite. You are kinda expected to make money. They don't force you to make a certain amount, but that is your role on the site. They banned you because you were breaking the rules. In their policy they state:

All Virtual Money that has not been purchased directly by You (e.g., tips from other users, referral commissions, etc.) is forfeited if your account is terminated or suspended for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion, or if we discontinue providing the Service.

So they aren't even obligated to pay you out. You agreed to this when you signed to their terms agreement.

This is a little off topic but I just wanted to note, website terms and conditions are not binding if they try to supersede laws, and independent contractors have a right to be paid what they have earned. Chaturbate in no way have a legal right to just not pay its contractors "for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion". I don't know much about working in this industry, but it sounds like cam models need to start unionizing if platforms are trying to pull this shit.

Reactions: Lintilla
This is a little off topic but I just wanted to note, website terms and conditions are not binding if they try to supersede laws, and independent contractors have a right to be paid what they have earned. Chaturbate in no way have a legal right to just not pay its contractors "for any reason in our sole and absolute discretion". I don't know much about working in this industry, but it sounds like cam models need to start unionizing if platforms are trying to pull this shit.

On Chaturbate, you need to cash out your tokens to get paid. OP never did so, never signed up with a payment method even, so CB has no way to pay in this case.

Reactions: AudriTwo
There's a big difference between arguing "camsites should apply rules more fairly" and "I broke a rule but it shouldn't apply to me". I agree it's frustrating that camsites will have different amounts of lenience for certain performers but saying "yeah I drove drunk but so did that guy" wouldn't fly in court and it shouldn't fly here, either.

depends on the law, the court, and the lawyer.
drunk driving, you might be right, but loitering, maybe not. if you can point out examples of the same crime being reported and no response being made, you could argue discrimination.
jaywalking is a crime where I live, like it is in NYC and LA, but they don't enforce it here, like in NYC, but they do enforce it in LA. If you can show a pattern of the legislation being systematically ignored by the police, you could argue that it was reasonable to ignore that law as a citizen. ... it's apparently illegal to mispronounce 'Arkansas' in Arkansas ... but if YOU got charged for it, you might have a reasonable case to make. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/weird-laws-in-america_us_56a264abe4b0d8cc1099e1cd

3 warnings (when they didn't even have to give you the first one before banning) and you still can't comprehend that?

the fact that they got a warning AND ANOTHER WARNING, AND A N O T H E R makes this pretty much the most pro-chaturbate thread I've ever seen on here :)

sounds like they did their best to let the model stay with them.

Absolutely true, same thing I thought when I read that. Tokens on Chaturbate might be a grey area given that they're "virtual currency" until they're cashed out, but there's probably still a case to be made for any model on the site who was refused payout that that clause might not hold up legally. I doubt it'd be worth it to fight, though, unless you had some absurd amount of tokens sitting there.

Absolutely true, same thing I thought when I read that. Tokens on Chaturbate might be a grey area given that they're "virtual currency" until they're cashed out, but there's probably still a case to be made for any model on the site who was refused payout that that clause might not hold up legally. I doubt it'd be worth it to fight, though, unless you had some absurd amount of tokens sitting there.

were they refused payout though? or did they provide CB no means of paying them out?

Don't want to go too deeply into this, since I can only guess here and it's kinda off topic: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

Maybe before accusing them of making money off the links look at the actual link you posted. In order for CB to make money as an affiliate the links on peoples profiles would have to be CB affiliate links. Otherwise they get $0 dollars. Since CB has not provided, nor made it mandatory the amazon links be set up that way, they aren't making shit on them.

OH SHIT! I actually set up a payment option using payoneer (first choice pay)!!!! And I have the prepaid card, I just found it in my old wallet!
And turns out I've cashed $200 out in the past.
LMFAO this is awkward...

cyWezx0.png

Okay I genuinely need help now, what do I do? Will Chaturbate be able reimburse me?
If so, how do I let them know?

Status
Not open for further replies.