AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You have now entered...the Mindfuck thread.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT PATENTS

Patent 4,717,343 - Method of Changing Person's Behavior
Patent 5,123,899 - Method and System for Altering Consciousness
Patent 5,507,291 - Method and an Associated Apparatus for Remotely Determining information as to Person's Emotional State

Reactions: LadyLuna
zippypinhead said:
God said:
By the time you read this, it won't be now anymore (sorry!).

That's what you think. As I write this, it is currently now. Checkmate!
No when you typed that, that was then, only now is now, I'm pretty sure :think: I'm confused. I'll tell you this, no matter where you go - there you are!

I just watched #17(?) of the Ted Talks Head Games offered on NetFlix, and thought it would fit here nicely.

camstory said:
I just watched #17(?) of the Ted Talks Head Games offered on NetFlix, and thought it would fit here nicely.

I enjoyed that Ted Talk, and was happy to learn I do not check off many boxes on the psychopath list. I guess I can blame my non-management career path on that lack of killer instinct.

camstory said:
zippypinhead said:
God said:
By the time you read this, it won't be now anymore (sorry!).

That's what you think. As I write this, it is currently now. Checkmate!
No when you typed that, that was then, only now is now, I'm pretty sure :think: I'm confused. I'll tell you this, no matter where you go - there you are!
All I could think of when I read this:

And I have a feeling I will have to watch the whole thing tomorrow. :mrgreen:

AwesomeKate said:

This is what the English language sounds like to the rest of the world. :cyclops:

Not sure what I just saw. :think:

Reactions: AwesomeKate
A mindfuck for the day. A practice in appreciation.

FINITE-and.jpg

This idea follows along the same lines as the quote by Ajahn Chah:
"Do you see this glass? I love this glass. It holds the water admirably. When I tap it, it has a lovely ring. When the sun shines on it, it reflects the light beautifully. But when the wind blows and the glass falls off the shelf and breaks or if my elbow hits it and it falls to the ground I say 'of course'. For when I know that the glass is already broken, every minute with it is precious."

When I spend time with my father, I always take a moment to really consider this. I repeat it in my head, "The glass is already broken. The glass is already broken." In other words, my father is already gone. The reason I say this, is because death is an absolutely certainty. Therefore, it is as good as done.

This practice causes me to go through the emotions of my father dying, and being gone. I feel the yearning and confusion and regret that his dying would cause. When I come back into the present moment, and see my father sitting there, alive and smiling, I realize how fantastically wonderful it is that he is here right now! At least for now, he is here with me! The NOW is a fantastic place to be! This practice causes me to become ecstatic to speak with him, and hear him respond. I enjoy watching how he walks from the kitchen table to the pantry and back again. I enjoy his voice, and his humor. I pick up on the little mannerisms he has, and how his face changes when he's making a joke. It's like meeting my father all over again.

Try this with a loved one today. While you're speaking with them, close your eyes and imagine the day they die. When you open your eyes you will want to cry out of happiness when you see them!

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone "
-Joni Mitchell

Don't wait until things are gone to appreciate them. Know that they are gone already, and feel their worth now.

AwesomeKate said:
A mindfuck for the day. A practice in appreciation.

FINITE-and.jpg

This idea follows along the same lines as the quote by Ajahn Chah:
"Do you see this glass? I love this glass. It holds the water admirably. When I tap it, it has a lovely ring. When the sun shines on it, it reflects the light beautifully. But when the wind blows and the glass falls off the shelf and breaks or if my elbow hits it and it falls to the ground I say 'of course'. For when I know that the glass is already broken, every minute with it is precious."

When I spend time with my father, I always take a moment to really consider this. I repeat it in my head, "The glass is already broken. The glass is already broken." In other words, my father is already gone. The reason I say this, is because death is an absolutely certainty. Therefore, it is as good as done.

This practice causes me to go through the emotions of my father dying, and being gone. I feel the yearning and confusion and regret that his dying would cause. When I come back into the present moment, and see my father sitting there, alive and smiling, I realize how fantastically wonderful it is that he is here right now! At least for now, he is here with me! The NOW is a fantastic place to be! This practice causes me to become ecstatic to speak with him, and hear him respond. I enjoy watching how he walks from the kitchen table to the pantry and back again. I enjoy his voice, and his humor. I pick up on the little mannerisms he has, and how his face changes when he's making a joke. It's like meeting my father all over again.

Try this with a loved one today. While you're speaking with them, close your eyes and imagine the day they die. When you open your eyes you will want to cry out of happiness when you see them!

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone "
-Joni Mitchell

Don't wait until things are gone to appreciate them. Know that they are gone already, and feel their worth now.

Yeah. That's why I'm with my Mom in France right now. It's like she's already dead, and I can feel the echoes of grief from the future, and I know that right now I need to savor every moment, because I am living the memories I will soon cherish.

She has various health problems, one of which means she could pretty much drop dead at any second. It's terrifying and it somehow makes me love and appreciate her more.

More in line with things that make you hmm

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

First- I hope no one minds me digging this up. I loved this thread and went searching for it when Youtube left me lonley this evening. :D I'd love to see if there are nay new ones.

but... Ms. kate- this is what I am commenting on.

AwesomeKate said:

Tell me your thoughts.

I LOVED this. & in a lot of ways I can relate. I have two kids, and in a lot of of ways I feel creating them, guiding them, teaching them... It's a race of time. At any moment, I could be gone and what I have in this world to teach them would be over. It's frustrating, as a parent, because parenthood makes you realize not just all the good, wonderful things you want to teach your children and to help them grow into, but also how mortal we are. How quickly it's all over. And it can be a little frightening- to have so much to say and teach and not knowing when your time to do it in will be up. I wish I could invest my wisom in my children now but their toddlers, and I can't. It's a race against time sometimes. Because, while I think I'll live to teach them and help them into adulthood- there's no guarantee. and that's what that video makes me feel. It's just a physical representation of the race against time I feel sometimes to help my own children be. But it's not just about me or other parents. You don't have to be a parent to relate to this. Time is not infinite for us. It's not infinite for anyone. Ideas, religions, nations even, they can only thrive for so long unless the test of time is on their side. This whole video is above the test of time and can you, can we, make it? Can you ideals make? Can you religion? Can...anything? What is at the end of that clock for us as a planet? as a universe? Those last two... those are the real mindfuck. Although bringing it onto a personal level- that's what makes it real. that's what makes it understandable.

Every time I see this thread it makes me think of a guy I worked with about 20 years ago. He was a nice enough guy but very undereducated by his own choice. One day he was telling me about these 3 brain teasers he could never figure out and that it had driven him crazy for years. He was serious too so I asked him what they were. I answered each one as quickly as he asked them and the look on his face was priceless. It was as if I had solved all the mysteries of the universe in one sentance.
:lol:

Here they are with my answers to him in bold;

1) Why is it that you always find something you lost in the last place you look?

Not if you keep looking after you find it.

2) If 7-11 stores are open 24/7/365 then why do the doors have locks on them?

Because even the clerk has to take a shit at some point.

3) How come wherever you go you are always there?

Not if you leave

I know it's silly but my answers really did floor the guy.
:lol:

Every single time I've ever watched Waking Life I get severely mindfucked. Its been out for years, but a lot of people haven't watched it.

I absolutely love this movie and if you like deep philosophical conversations you should check it out. I love it, but it makes me realize I could not handle psychedelics. I'm already way too far in my head....so I'm certain I would never come back.

@Layla

Waking Life was one of the first movies I came across after the first time I tripped. I felt like a completely different person at the time, new and childlike. I had no idea what to think anymore, and I felt the inward infinity of my mind staring back at me. Waking Life was so amazing, I ended up showing it to every person that I could, in hopes it would make them feel how I did. :lol: When people ask me for a movie suggestion, I almost always say Waking Life. It really plays like a dream.

I thought I wasn't cut out for hallucinogens either. It almost felt like I was too "smart" for them, or too "in tune" with things. It felt like everyone else was having a great time on them, while I was stuck facing the dark, inner questions and life's own absurdity. Everyone else would be laughing and carrying on, and it was almost like I could see right through humanity. Right into it's sad and pointless core. It was immensely depressing to not be able to partake in mind-expanding drugs and benefit from them. After a lot of self-reflection, I am now able to have fantastic trips if it is daytime, and if many other people are partaking as well. (This makes music festivals a perfect setting.)

The rabbit hole seems to go infinitely deeper, and there are positives and negatives to each "level" you may find yourself at. So, while you may not return to where you are right now mentally, you will undoubtedly move onward to an equally blissful, and perhaps even more connected state of mind than you could ever imagine.

One thing idea I’ve been finding particularly interesting, lately, is that all thoughts and concepts are mere abstractions or approximations of things in reality. Yet, they’re treated as though they are the things themselves. This goes for words as well. But, it’s impossible to think without them. So, we’re trapped in this cycle of looking for truth with thoughts and words, but being limited to a flawed system for finding it.

For instance, the idea of the planet Earth is purely conceptual. The idea that it’s round is purely conceptual. It’s only round when its roundness is relevant. It’s round when you look at it from space. But, at that point, it’s only something to be looked at. When you walk on the Earth, it’s flat, and it’s endless. I can understand how this could come off as incredibly stupid because it’s not a particularly keen observation that the Earth appears to be flat. But, I think I want to say that it’s actually flat. Of course, I know it’s not “actually” flat.

The thing is, why do we take the model of the world provided by science as what is actual? As soon as you start talking about what actually exists, what really exists, the actual Earth, the first thing you do is go inside your head and start imagining. Is the Earth orbiting the Sun? You go inside your head and imagine that it is. But, reality isn’t in your head, or should I say, your thoughts.

Yeah, science is able to make predictions based on the model it has created, and we let it reign over our notion of being. But, the scientific model of reality proceeds from the idea of objective thingness. Then, we end up with an idea about “being” that is confused with objective thingness.

But, what if we start building our conception of actuality, or “being,” from the beginning point of personhood? I find that I much prefer the vision of reality that starts to emerge. The Earth becomes infinite, with an endless variety of landscapes, supporting an endless variety of life. The sky becomes a cosmic roof. Feelings are freed from their bonds within our heads to color things “out there.”

There are over 100 different species of opossums, and another 70 species of possums! No one person will ever see even 1/100 of what the Earth actually is. That is infinity, when using personhood as the starting point. But, we try to capture the Earth in this concept, as though it is finished, as though we have its entirety in our grasp.

It goes for less grand stuff, too. Look at your concepts about everything.

beleriand said:
One thing idea I’ve been finding particularly interesting, lately, is that all thoughts and concepts are mere abstractions or approximations of things in reality. Yet, they’re treated as though they are the things themselves. This goes for words as well. But, it’s impossible to think without them. So, we’re trapped in this cycle of looking for truth with thoughts and words, but being limited to a flawed system for finding it.

For instance, the idea of the planet Earth is purely conceptual. The idea that it’s round is purely conceptual. It’s only round when its roundness is relevant. It’s round when you look at it from space. But, at that point, it’s only something to be looked at. When you walk on the Earth, it’s flat, and it’s endless. I can understand how this could come off as incredibly stupid because it’s not a particularly keen observation that the Earth appears to be flat. But, I think I want to say that it’s actually flat. Of course, I know it’s not “actually” flat.

The thing is, why do we take the model of the world provided by science as what is actual? As soon as you start talking about what actually exists, what really exists, the actual Earth, the first thing you do is go inside your head and start imagining. Is the Earth orbiting the Sun? You go inside your head and imagine that it is. But, reality isn’t in your head, or should I say, your thoughts.

Yeah, science is able to make predictions based on the model it has created, and we let it reign over our notion of being. But, the scientific model of reality proceeds from the idea of objective thingness. Then, we end up with an idea about “being” that is confused with objective thingness.

But, what if we start building our conception of actuality, or “being,” from the beginning point of personhood? I find that I much prefer the vision of reality that starts to emerge. The Earth becomes infinite, with an endless variety of landscapes, supporting an endless variety of life. The sky becomes a cosmic roof. Feelings are freed from their bonds within our heads to color things “out there.”

There are over 100 different species of opossums, and another 70 species of possums! No one person will ever see even 1/100 of what the Earth actually is. That is infinity, when using personhood as the starting point. But, we try to capture the Earth in this concept, as though it is finished, as though we have its entirety in our grasp.

It goes for less grand stuff, too. Look at your concepts about everything.

nice...i'd only suggest that it was due, at least in part, to science and its fixation on "thingness" that has begun to give us a perspective that can be personal/individual/unique...that has allowed the infinite to come out of hiding behind the unknown (aka god or death or whatever fills us with that kind of wonder....)

just like IRL, when one shifts their stance, even a little, their perspective changes, too.

I thought you were joking, but no, he does just ring a gong.

I feel like reality is actually just some amorphous ether, and we all have the power to pick out some quality and say that that is what it means to be. Then, we arrange everything else around this quality, and that's how we create our worldview. In that video he's picking out the there-ness or the happening-ness of the sound, and making that the primary quality of being. That allows a world without boundaries between inner and outer to emerge. I like feeling my hand, and realizing that the feeling isn't in my head; the feeling itself is very clearly right there where my hands are. And that's at odds with the normal way of viewing the world because how could anything like a feeling be out there? Also, colors are out-there but obviously a figment of experience and not physical reality. I think most people have come to that realization.

What if it happened in reverse? What if the default way of experiencing reality was that one-ness, and then, somehow, you became a separate entity with its own capacity for willful action? I wonder what that would be like.

I want build my world out of the sound-ness of sound, the body-ness of the body, the world-ness of the world, etc. If color can be part of the world, why not feelings as well? It's the spirit world - glowworm caves. When the world is reduced to physical phenomena, it's just so barren.

Awesome thread. Whoever said you can't have both brains and beauty needs to read this thread. Challenging, wonderful, thinking, and beautiful people here.

"Prisencolinensinainciusol" (what English sounds like to foreigners) is amazing. It's an all time favourite of mine. The singer (Adriano Celentano) is an Italian guy who is still very popular in Italy. I waited outside a hotel for over 3 hours in Bologna last year just to catch a glimpse of him. Yeah, I'm lame!

I'll put up a few of mine after I catch up with all the vids and links on here and get some sleep. :)

D.

tumblr_mjj4mqUyjM1qf0u3po1_250.gif

When I saw the house, I felt pretty mind fucked.​

Status
Not open for further replies.