AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your social media influence / klout score

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new ap called Klout that is designed to measure your social media influence. It's not quite perfect but I think it's a fun system, and the principle is good.
I have read numerous articles online how people are putting klout scores on their résumé, and how a candidate din't get the job despite having all the qualifications because his klout was low. (I think it's takin this too far, or maybe the article was just a publicity stunt)
What are your thoughts about this ap?

Ps: My klout score is 51 (nothing to brag about)

It's been out for awhile. There use to be a Chrome app for twitter that had Klout scores integrated. But it got bought out by another company and i lost track of which one it is now.

I only linked my twitter for long enough to see what it was (disabled it on twitter already) and I didn't connect any other social media. I think that would change it.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_20_2013 , 12_00_01 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_20_2013 , 12_00_01 PM.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Kickaz
I've used Klout for what I think its a little over a year now. I haven't heard much hype about it and all it is for me is a fun way to see which of my topics are most popular and which accounts are retweeting my content the most.

Been at a steady 60 or so this whole time, I think.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kickaz
Kickaz said:

Mine is also saying 51 which is suspicious to me. I wonder if that's the score they give you when you first start, and then it readjusts?

I'm also sad that Tumblr isn't included!

Also I smiled when it said I was most influenced by Wil Wheaton and JJ. Good job Klout, you know where my heart is! :h:

KayleePond said:
Kickaz said:

Mine is also saying 51 which is suspicious to me. I wonder if that's the score they give you when you first start, and then it readjusts?

I'm also sad that Tumblr isn't included!

Also I smiled when it said I was most influenced by Wil Wheaton and JJ. Good job Klout, you know where my heart is! :h:
I think it's based on social interaction rather than just the number of followers you have. So if someone has 20,000 followers and people respond just a few times to their tweets, that person could have a low score. But someone with a few hundred followers who all reply to everything tweeted, plus the retweets and such, that person would have a higher score.

Like most things that 'rate your value' on social sites (like that one that determines how valuable your twitter is) I tend to take them with a grain of salt. I'd rather have 100 followers all who I know and actually talk to, and reply to me once in a while, than to be a movie star with a million followers. Just by tweeting 'Hi' or 'Burp' they get hundreds, if not thousands, of reply's from people wanting their attention. They'll have a really high score but it's primarily due to a bunch of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.