AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You're getting old!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun!

Columbia, The first Space Shuttle to orbit the Earth takes off (you were 3 months old)
The IBM Personal Computer is released (you were 7 months old)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, American science fiction film by Steven Spielberg is released (you were 1 year old)
Michael Jackson's Thriller is released (you were 2 years old)
The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster (you were 5 years old)

You are 20,945 days old. :character-oldtimer:
The total number of candles on all your birthday cakes so far is 1,653. :angry-extinguishflame:

4th Oct 1957 The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit the earth (you were 2 months old)
3rd Feb 1959 Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper die in a plane crash (you were 1 year old)
12th Apr 1961 Yuri Gagarin becomes the first man in space (you were 3 years old)
5th Aug 1962 Movie star Marilyn Monroe is found dead in her Los Angeles home (you were 5 years old)
5th Oct 1962 The Beatles' first single "Love Me Do" is released (you were 5 years old)
28th Aug 1963 Martin Luther King delivers his historic "I Have a Dream" speech (you were 6 years old)
22nd Nov 1963 John F. Kennedy, US President, is assassinated in Dallas, Texas (you were 6 years old)
20th Jul 1969 Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to step onto the Moon (you were 11 years old)
18th Sep 1970 Jimi Hendrix dies in London (you were 13 years old)
25th May 1977 The original 'Star Wars' movie is released. (you were 19 years old)
16th Aug 1977 Elvis Presley dies in his home in Graceland at age 42 (you were 20 years old)
8th Dec 1980 John Lennon is shot dead in New York City (you were 23 years old)
17th Aug 1982 The first compact discs (CDs) are released to the public (you were 25 years old)
13th Jul 1985 The Live Aid concert is held in London and Philadelphia (you were 27 years old)
28th Jan 1986 The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster (you were 28 years old)
26th Apr 1986 A catastrophic nuclear accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine (you were 28 years old)
9th Nov 1989 The Berlin Wall falls (you were 32 years old)
24th Nov 1991 Freddie Mercury dies aged 45 (you were 34 years old)
10th Sep 1993 The X-Files airs its first episode (you were 36 years old)
10th May 1994 Nelson Mandela is inaugurated as South Africa's first black president (you were 36 years old)
25th Jun 1998 Microsoft releases Windows 98 (you were 40 years old)
11th Sep 2001 9/11 terror attacks on NYC's World Trade Center and Pentagon (you were 44 years old)
1st Feb 2003 Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates during re-entry (you were 45 years old)
26th Dec 2004 Massive earthquake causes huge tsunami in Indian Ocean (you were 47 years old)

Out of 100,000 people born on the same day as you, approximately 87,946 are still living.

Over 91% of visitors to this site are younger than you! The average age of visitors is 31.

Interesting to read that there were only 2.9 billion souls on our little rock when I was born and now we have 7.27 billion

Reactions: LilyMarie
The total number of candles on all your birthday cakes so far is 253.
The first message is sent over ARPANET, the forerunner of the internet. Nearer to your birth date than today!
The Artist formerly known as Prince changes his name to a symbol also known as the "Love Symbol" (you were 8 months old)
The official Hollywood premiere of Titanic (you were 5 years old)
YouTube is launched: the first video is uploaded at 20:27 (you were 12 years old)

I don't feel THAT old. Yet.
Interesting that the same things they pull up to make you feel old make you look so young to those of us who are older.

For me, much of what it picked out is stuff that I vividly remember and none of the ages really surprise me. The only one that jumps out as "getting old" to me is:

Edward VIII takes the British throne on the death of King George V. Nearer to your birth date than today!

Other milestores:

Elvis Presley dies in his home in Graceland at age 42 (you were 1 year old)
The first emoticons are posted by Scott Fahlman (you were 6 years old)
The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 15 years old)
Nelson Mandela is inaugurated as South Africa's first black president (you were 18 years old)

OK, that website can just fuck right off. Getting old, my ass.

OK, that website can just fuck right off. Getting old, my ass.

Pretty much, right?

You are 15,769 days old.

October 24th, 1929: Wall Street crash begins. Nearer to your birth date than today! :wtf:

29th Nov 1972 - Atari releases the arcade video game Pong (you were 4 months old)
*And I've been a gamer since the Atari 2600. :woot:
11th Dec 1972 - Apollo 17 lands on the moon (you were 5 months old)
5th Jan 1973 - Aerosmith release their first album (you were 6 months old)
3rd Apr 1973 - The first handheld mobile phone call is made by Martin Cooper of Motorola (you were 9 months old)

6th Apr 1974 - ABBA wins Eurovision with the song "Waterloo" (you were 1 year old)
30th Apr 1975 - The Vietnam War ends with the fall of Saigon (you were 2 years old)
1st Jun 1978 - Grease, an American musical film directed by Randal Kleiser is released (you were 5 years old)
*I remember this because I saw it in the theater. Two of my cousins that used to babysit me, who were in high school, took me with them when they saw it.

I also remember when & where I was when I heard that Elvis was dead in August, 1977. I was five. My mom had stopped to fill up and I started pumping gas while she went in and paid. She left the radio on and I heard that Elvis had died. When Mom got back to the car, I told her what the radio said and she started crying. In high school I became a big fan of Elvis.

28th Jan 1986 - The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster (you were 13 years old)
*I was in eighth grade and we watched the launch live in the junior high library. The school let us watch the launch because there was a teacher on board the shuttle - Christa McAuliffe.
28th Sep 1987 - The second Star Trek TV series The Next Generation premieres in syndication (you were 15 years old)
*Saw the premiere and watched it throughout its run. It made me a Trek fan and got me interested in the original series as well.

4th Sep 1995 - eBay is founded (you were 23 years old)
31st Aug 1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 25 years old)
*I remember this because I was getting laid in Grapevine, TX that night and didn't know it happened until the next morning. As a kid, I had stayed up with my Mom to watch Charles & Diana get married. :pompous:
1st Jan 2001 - The dawn of the new millennium (you were 28 years old)

1st Feb 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates during re-entry (you were 30 years old)
*I remember this because the shuttle disintegrated over Texas. I was in the shower that morning and heard the boom, as did much of the state and some of the southeast.
6th May 2004 - The last episode of the TV show Friends airs (you were 31 years old)
*And I hadn't watched it since the late 90's.
29th Aug 2005 - Hurricane Katrina makes landfall along the U.S. Gulf Coast, causing severe damage (you were 33 years old)

Over 81% of visitors to this site are younger than you! The average age of visitors is 32.

Since I'm so close to the next marker of my life:

You are 12,768 days old.

The total number of candles on all your birthday cakes so far is 595

When you were born there were approximately 4,510,104,596 other people alive on Earth.

4th Nov 1980
Ronald Reagan is elected president of the United States of America (you were 1 month old)

8th Dec 1980
John Lennon is shot dead in New York City (you were 2 months old)

12th Jun 1981
Raiders of the Lost Ark, film directed by Steven Spielberg is released (you were 8 months old)

29th Jul 1981
Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer marry at St Paul's Cathedral, London (you were 10 months old)

23rd Apr 1985
Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke (you were 4 years old)

19th Jan 1986
The first PC virus, Brain, starts to spread (you were 5 years old)

28th Jan 1986
The Space Shuttle Challenger disaster (you were 5 years old)

13th Nov 1990
The first known web page is written (you were 10 years old)

7th Aug 1991
The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 10 years old)

1st Sep 1995
The DVD, an optical disc computer storage media format, is announced (you were 14 years old)

31st Aug 1997
Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 16 years old)

15th Jan 2001
Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, launches on the Internet (you were 20 years old)

Some of the other ones on this thread make me feel ancient, so thanks to you older people for balancing me out

13th Feb 1988
The opening of 1988 Winter Olympics held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (it was your 1st birthday!)
16th Nov 1990
Home Alone is released to theaters (you were 3 years old)
8th Jan 1992
George H. W. Bush falls violently ill at a state dinner in Japan, vomiting into the lap of Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa and fainting (you were 4 years old)
27th Nov 1992
Disney's Aladdin is released in theaters (you were 5 years old)
10th May 1994
Nelson Mandela is inaugurated as South Africa's first black president (you were 7 years old)
15th Jun 1994
The Disney movie "The Lion King" is released (you were 7 years old)
13th Apr 1997
Tiger Woods becomes the youngest golfer to win golf's Masters Tournament (you were 10 years old)
11th Sep 2001
9/11 terror attacks on NYC's World Trade Center and Pentagon (you were 14 years old)

Out of 100,000 people born on the same day as you, approximately 97,566 are still living.

31st Aug 1997: Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 6 months old)
5th Sep 1997: Mother Teresa, Albanian missionary and humanitarian, dies (aged 87) (you were 6 months old)
19th Dec 1997: The official Hollywood premiere of Titanic (you were 9 months old)

My birth year seems....... cheerful :bored:

Too many interesting ones to name... Really puts thing sin perspective, some things I can't believe happened so long ago and others I'm like, "really? I was 17? I was such a baby..... That can't have been 3 years ago......."

But THIS
21st Jul 2007 J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is released and sells over 11 million copies in the first 24 hours (you were 10 years old)

Gosh. I remember sitting on my front porch for 5 hours straight that morning waiting for it to be delivered! Special Sunday post and everything. Can't believe I was only 10.... Almost half my lifetime ago.:dead:

3rd Jan 1987
Aretha Franklin becomes the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (you were 8 days old)

9th Mar 1987
U2 releases the album The Joshua Tree (you were 2 months old)

19th Apr 1987
The Simpsons cartoon first appears as a series of shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show (you were 3 months old)

22nd May 1987
The first ever Rugby World Cup kicks off with New Zealand playing Italy at Eden Park, Auckland (you were 4 months old)

28th May 1987
18-year-old West German pilot Mathias Rust lands a private plane on Red Square in Moscow(you were 5 months old)

12th Jun 1987
U.S. President Ronald Reagan challenges Soviet Premier M. Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall (you were 5 months old)

17th Aug 1987
Rudolf Hess is found dead in his cell in Spandau Prison. (you were 7 months old)

30th Aug 1987
Rick Astley's single "Never Gonna Give You Up" is released (you were 8 months old)

28th Sep 1987
The second Star Trek TV series The Next Generation premieres in syndication (you were 9 months old)

15th Oct 1987
A huge storm with hurricane-force winds causes casualties in England, France and the Channel Islands (you were 9 months old)

19th Oct 1987
Stock market levels fall sharply on Wall Street and around the world (you were 9 months old)
I dont remember ANY of this :(

20th Aug 1988
The Iran-Iraq war ends (you were 1 year old)

7th Aug 1991
The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 4 years old)

10th Sep 1993
The X-Files airs its first episode (you were 6 years old) I BELIEVE :D :D

27th Feb 1996
Pokémon Red and Green is released in Japan as the first game in the world famous Pokémon series (you were 9 years old)

31st Aug 1997
Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 10 years old) ** Sadness**( i cried all day long...its still hurts)

1st Jan 2001
The dawn of the new millennium (you were 14 years old)

11th Sep 2001
9/11 terror attacks on NYC's World Trade Center and Pentagon (you were 14 years old)** NEVER FORGET....in 2nd period of school- Computer Lab :(

8th Feb 2002
The 2002 Winter Olympics are held in Salt Lake City, Utah (you were 15 years old)

14th Apr 2003
The Human Genome Project is completed, with 99% of the human genome sequenced to 99.99% accuracy (you were 16 years old)

28th Apr 2003
Apple's iTunes Music Store opens, selling 1 million songs in its first week (you were 16 years old)
Show more events from this period
In your 20s

29th Jun 2007
The original iPhone is launched (you were 20 years old)

4th Nov 2008
Barack Obama is elected the 44th President of the United States (you were 21 years old)

29th Apr 2011
Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton at Westminster Abbey in London (you were 24 years old)**cough* I watched it **cough**

2nd May 2011
Osama bin Laden killed by US military forces in Pakistan (you were 24 years old)

27th Jul 2012
The 2012 Summer Olympics open in London, England (you were 25 years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.