AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You're Not That Hot

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2014
I don't want to be too harsh about this, it's just a heads up. Lately when I log on to MFC (only site I visit), I've noticed a pattern. I see a model that interests me, I open her room, watch and chat with her a little bit, and within a few minutes I lose any interest I had in tipping her. What I've realized is that it's almost always for the same reason. Ego. Attitude.

Most cam models are pretty average. I'm not saying they're unattractive. But the nature of cam-girling seems to make them think they're more attractive than they actually are. Cam girls go online, and they get a lot of attention from guys, and a lot of compliments. Too many don't seem to realize that if any woman went into a grocery store and started taking her clothes off, she would get a lot of attention too. And when guys compliment you, they're doing it to be nice. There seems to be not enough appreciation of those realities.

If you're a non-nude model, you should feel good because the guys who are with you are there because they like you. But it still shouldn't make you feel (or act) stuck up, like you're somehow better than the average woman who doesn't do what you do.

I've been around cam sites on and off for a while, and this seems to be something that's gotten worse over time. Cam girls act like they're owed tips because of how totally amazing and awesome they are, and when they get them, they don't appreciate them. In really severe cases, I've seen models completely fall off the map because of the "cam girl mentality".

I'm just one guy, but I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. Lately I'm finding it harder to justify tipping cam girls, because I'm finding it harder to find ones who deserve it. :twocents-02cents:

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your relatively bitter post, but this sentence really stands out:
Joeternal said:
And when guys compliment you, they're doing it to be nice.
I'm pretty sure when a guy compliments a camgirl, he's doing it because he's serious and actually feels that way. Guys who have been on camsites for more than a couple of days know that compliments don't get them any advantages. No matter how many compliments they give her, they're still not going to get to meet the girl in person or get any freebies from her.
They gain nothing by giving compliments (except for gratitude), so why would they give them if they're not serious about them? You're underestimating many MFC members.

LilyMarie said:
I'm not going to respond to the rest of your relatively bitter post, but this sentence really stands out:
Joeternal said:
I'm pretty sure when a guy compliments a camgirl, he's doing it because he's serious and actually feels that way. Guys who have been on camsites for more than a couple of days know that compliments don't get them any advantages. No matter how many compliments they give her, they're still not going to get to meet the girl in person or get any freebies from her.
They gain nothing by giving compliments (except for gratitude), so why would they give them if they're not serious about them? You're underestimating many MFC members.

You misunderstand. Compliments are a way of being nice to somebody, making them feel good. So you might tell someone their hair looks great even if it doesn't, to be nice. Not because you want something, but because you're a nice guy. Know what I mean?

Joeternal said:
LilyMarie said:
Joeternal said:

You misunderstand. Compliments are a way of being nice to somebody, making them feel good. So you might tell someone their hair looks great even if it doesn't, to be nice. Not because you want something, but because you're a nice guy. Know what I mean?
That's what I mean though. Why tell them their hair looks great even if it doesn't? Why would a guy on a camsite do that? That's not being nice, that's dishonest. :| I don't even do that with my real life friends, I compliment them on things I actually do like about their appearance on that particular day.

LilyMarie said:
Joeternal said:
LilyMarie said:
Joeternal said:

That's what I mean though. Why tell them their hair looks great even if it doesn't? Why would a guy on a camsite do that? That's not being nice, that's dishonest. :| I don't even do that with my real life friends, I compliment them on things I actually do like about their appearance on that particular day.

If you're a guy and a woman asks you how she looks, or starts talking about the way she looks, her weight, etc. (as cam girls often do), they do not want an honest opinion. They want to be told that they look good. Most of us are very well trained in that regard. ;)

Cam girl: "What do you think of my new face tattoo?!?!" :banana-blonde:

Guy: "Wow...it looks great..." :shifty: :-o

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Tl4efal.gif

Joeternal said:
LilyMarie said:
Joeternal said:
LilyMarie said:
Joeternal said:

If you're a guy and a woman asks you how she looks, or starts talking about the way she looks, her weight, etc. (as cam girls often do), they do not want an honest opinion. They want to be told that they look good. Most of us are very well trained in that regard. ;)

Cam girl: "What do you think of my new face tattoo?!?!" :banana-blonde:

Guy: "Wow...it looks great..." :shifty: :-o
I guess I'm different then. When I specifically ask the guys in my room what they think about an aspect of my appearance, I expect an honest answer. If I didn't want to hear their honest opinion, I wouldn't ask.
Anyway, I assumed you were talking about compliments that come out of the blue, without the camgirl having asked for an opinion. Do you think those guys aren't being honest, either? :lol:

I don't know....
I mean tonight I asked if anyone liked my hat and 3 guys said they hated it >_< I then threatened to jump off the balcony and burn the hat for their cruel honesty (Okay not really..but I was expecting the usual 'oh it's great!' because in my opinion it was lol) I don't think users are that afraid in general (especially over the internet) to voice an opinion even if it's negative.

With that being said, in terms of hotness--it's all a matter of opinion really. What one guy thinks is Goddess-like, another guy doesn't get it.

"Cam girls act like they're owed tips because of how totally amazing and awesome they are, and when they get them, they don't appreciate them."
This is quite a huge generalization about cam girls when I can just browse a camsite and find tons of girls who smile and say "Thank you" when they're tipped. With that being said camgirls aren't perfect obviously. I have seen off-putting attitudes (But eh..maybe that's their niche)

With that being said, I hope you find a camgirl you do like!

I'd like to offer my own :twocents-02cents:

I'm just one guy, but I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. Lately I'm finding it harder to justify tipping cam girls, because I'm finding it harder to find ones who deserve it.

First, I appreciate this thread for your unique insight as a paying member. As a model, I think it's very difficult to gauge what members will tip for. I have been noticing that many members will only tip if there is something super sexy going on. However, it generally takes a while to get to that point, because of the time it takes to build room count, play games or meet various goals. Until then, personality will generally bring in viewership.

Second, I am a model who doesn't have many consistent tippers, but this is mainly because I am not consistent with my camming times. I know this. Working on it. The fans who are online all the time who can catch me at any time of the day or night are generally jobless with too much time on their hands, i.e. non-tippers. I love their presence and loyalty. It keeps me coming back online after a depressing shift where I made only $0.50 after one hour. (Like many other models on ACF, it takes a lot of time and effort and willpower for me to get in front of the camera.)

Unfortunately, I rely a lot on tips for my mood (although I'm getting better at not letting slow days affect my on-cam mood), so when I get a tip, especially a random tip (even if it's only 1-5 tokens), I become visibly happier and I feel sexier. The happier I am, the easier it is for me to think of interesting things to talk about >> the more likely people will see me smiling in the preview and enter my chatroom >> the more likely others will tip me, play my games, tip for flashes, etc. I try to smile all the time anyway. I don't feel "entitled" to tips. I feel hopeful. That said, there are times when I let my bummed out mood affect my camming attitude. It is during these times that I feel cheated out of "what I deserve" (after all, people like me, right? I'm entertaining, right? I was smiling the whole time, right? I'm interesting, right? I'm intelligent, right? The internal monologue goes on...)

Perhaps I'm not one of the models you were referring to, but I can relate to them at times. For many of us, webcam modeling is not just a side job where we make tips for being sexy, but it is our only source of income. Don't get me wrong; I feel grateful for every tiny tip I might get. But with all the work that we put into making ourselves look soft, sexy, put together, etc.; setting up lighting, computer, webcam, etc., trying to keep from sweating from the direct lighting, sitting there for a couple hours with only a small handful of viewers (and half of them nonpaying guests) . . . many people in that position would feel entitled to be earning money from all that work, especially knowing there are men (and women, to be fair) with office jobs getting paid a lot of money plus benefits to spend 1/5 of their time or more checking Facebook.

Ok, Joeternal, all ranting aside. I'm curious, how do YOU determine which models "deserve" to be tipped?

I don't want to say much more than what I already said, but I should probably add that this problem typically gets worse the higher you move up the rankings on MFC. :whistle:

Reactions: LittleRedEnvy
Carmita Bonita said:
I don't know....
I mean tonight I asked if anyone liked my hat and 3 guys said they hated it >_<

This. If you ask the majority of internet users what they think...they will tell you. XD
Honestly though if you don't ask for compliments they'll just happen anyway though. Whether you choose to believe they're real or not is up to you. Everyone has their own "type", and some guys seem to compliment genuinely, while some guys do it more for attention sake. Also, keep in mind that sometimes the camgirl may be doing it for a specific goddess worshiping-type fetish. Sure, maybe some camgirls take it too far, but not all of us do. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but not all of us are that bad.

*Edit I just saw your last post. The camgirls in higher ranks are often I've noticed more likely to be followed and have their rooms frequented if they seem more confident, so perhaps you should aim for less popular rooms. Lots of members of the higher ranked models tend to like to frequent certain rooms just because the model IS popular (not saying she isn't for a reason...just something to consider).

Bz3QZMY.gif

You're just like totally bitter and super jealous of how awesome camgirls are op. To be frank, Joe, I'm not really sure if you are bitter or jealous but anytime dudes here say some real shit or have a different opinion people call them bitter. And yeah I know, camgirls calling others bitter is laughs everytime.

I agree with some of what you said but

Joeternal said:
Lately I'm finding it harder to justify tipping cam girls, because I'm finding it harder to find ones who deserve it. :twocents-02cents:

Eh, I mean yeah shitheads galore in camworld but it isn't that challenging to find ones that are your style and meet your standards. Don't let all the doofuses sour you on camgirls as a whole. Or do and just stop watching them, obladi oblada life goes on and stuff.

S.S.P.S.(super secret personal secret)- Going to miss CarmitaBonita's old gif but holy shit at that new one

I am finding lately that I much prefer women who are not cam girls to ones who are. I didn't used to feel that way. Maybe it's me. But take any cam girl, and compare a woman you meet any day who is exactly as attractive, but isn't a cam girl. The non-cam girl will almost always be much more humble, nicer, and better to talk to. The only upside of the cam girl is that she's much easier to get naked.

I've never been a constant, every day user of cam sites anyway, so this isn't a huge change for me. I used to have a soft spot for cam girls (and strippers), but it's been dwindling for the reasons stated above.

I feel that most cam girls should have some of the mentality of being owed compensation for their time. When you go to work, don't you feel the same way? You put in hours at your job, you get paid and you don't expect anything less. Some argue that being a cam model is not a job, but guess what? I file taxes and pay taxes every year so in my mind that seems like a form of employment to me. So yeah, I do feel like I'm owed tokens.

I feel like this whole thread is a result of the common "I didn't get my way so I feel the need to make myself feel better by belittling others." :twocents-02cents:

I can understand where you're coming from to a degree. Sometimes some of the girls can be a bit harsh or seem stuck up though I try to give folks the benifit of the doubt. They might be femdomme so being too nice could lose them regulars. Sometimes days are tough as was said earlier/when this is ur job it can be difficult to be kind when you feel unappreciated. There is a fine line between confidence and stuck up... so I wonder what makes them appears this way? Do they not give thanks for kindness or hard earned money given to them? I often wonder why it's ok for a guy to let you know ur level of attractiveness but if you start to believe it then there's a problem.

I know attention on these sites can be fleeting and more often than not I appreciate those who seem to stick around for more than me showing boobs from time to time as any on can appreciate the female form but to like quirky things that are unique to me... that's what really makes my day... hearing nice tits doesn't really matter much but a shared bond in say a hobby,talent or interest always seems to linger with me longer.

I look forward to seeing those ppl and I have a much less enjoyable time when they aren't around.

Sorry I tend to ramble a bit... not on mfc anymore but I hope thay you can find someone who fits your wants. Perhaps like some others have suggested look at the less popular models and see if that helps )

Joeternal said:
I am finding lately that I much prefer women who are not cam girls to ones who are. I didn't used to feel that way. Maybe it's me. But take any cam girl, and compare a woman you meet any day who is exactly as attractive, but isn't a cam girl. The non-cam girl will almost always be much more humble, nicer, and better to talk to. The only upside of the cam girl is that she's much easier to get naked.

I've never been a constant, every day user of cam sites anyway, so this isn't a huge change for me. I used to have a soft spot for cam girls (and strippers), but it's been dwindling for the reasons stated above.

No offence, but everything that you posted here reminds me of a guy who once liked to send me names of camgirls with "bitch face" until I pointed out that they didn't have bitch face they simply looked confident. I sent him a few names so he could compare actual bitch/bored face with confident faces. I think camming takes away a lot of social anxieties that the non-camgirls have to deal with. If you'd ever meet a camgirl off cam chances are they'd act that way you described the non-camgirl as well. Sounds like you're tired of camsites anyway though. The only reason I even commented was because there is usually a difference between not being humble and being a "fantasy goddess". It's often hard to come across as a goddess when that's the fetish and seem humble at the same time. I just think it's best to not take it to heart, but yeah stepping off of the camsite might just be what you need. Seems like you've run into some nice ladies anyway. :)

*Edit I also agree with BritneySiren completely, if you do choose to stay with camsites/comeback, I'd suggest visiting lower ranking models more.

Joeternal said:

Yeah, it sounds like cam sites aren't the best place for you. You seem to be looking for in-person genuine interaction. There is a certain level of obvious confidence that cam girls need to have to do their job, and an expectation to receive payment for the attention they hand out online, and that is a turn off for you. That's absolutely fine and understandable.

But wouldn't it be funny if one of these regular girls that you meet who is humble and nice and better to talk to turned out to be a cam girl? When people meet/talk with me in person, they have no idea that I am a cam girl, and might share the same opinion as you. You just never know!

Joeternal said:

Non camgirl doesn't spend a lot of her time entertaining or being treated like shit by people online so I can understand why they would come across as more likeable. Camming can make happy and pleasant people turn into just awful people to be around. Thankfully many avoid it but I think I get what you are saying.

PunkInDrublic said:
Joeternal said:

Non camgirl doesn't spend a lot of her time entertaining or being treated like shit by people online so I can understand why they would come across as more likeable. Camming can make happy and pleasant people turn into just awful people to be around. Thankfully many avoid it but I think I get what you are saying.
That makes me wonder if I have changed as a person outside of camming since I started. My in-person, non-camming related relationships and conversations may actually be different because of the effects my job has had on me. But I have no idea. Hmm.

Lilith Vine said:
I feel that most cam girls should have some of the mentality of being owed compensation for their time. When you go to work, don't you feel the same way? You put in hours at your job, you get paid and you don't expect anything less. Some argue that being a cam model is not a job, but guess what? I file taxes and pay taxes every year so in my mind that seems like a form of employment to me. So yeah, I do feel like I'm owed tokens.

I feel like this whole thread is a result of the common "I didn't get my way so I feel the need to make myself feel better by belittling others." :twocents-02cents:

You're self-employed. You don't have a boss or a salary. You depend on tips. You have no entitlement to tips unless you make a specific agreement with a member. Not sure what part of that you don't understand, but it's a pretty good example of what I'm talking about.

Joeternal said:
Lilith Vine said:

You're self-employed. You don't have a boss or a salary. You depend on tips. You have no entitlement to tips unless you make a specific agreement with a member. Not sure what part of that you don't understand, but it's a pretty good example of what I'm talking about.

You think that she's acting entitled because she wants to be paid for her job? That's the vibe I'm getting from this.

Camgirls offer a service. People should pay when they use that service.

Autumn_LoL said:
Joeternal said:
Lilith Vine said:

You think that she's acting entitled because she wants to be paid for her job? That's the vibe I'm getting from this.

Well, if you're going to do public shows, you're going to have freeloaders. But what you're saying is kind of like an artist saying they worked really hard on a painting, so they have a right to be paid for it. It doesn't work that way. It's up to you to find somebody who's willing to buy it. The only way you're entitled to be paid for your work is if you make an agreement with somebody, i.e. an employer or customer. You can't just log on and demand tips. Which is what a lot of models increasingly do.

Reactions: BritneySiren
Autumn_LoL said:
Joeternal said:
Lilith Vine said:

Funny how you seem to have the member's version of the same attitude you hate. :mrgreen:

Also yes, for the camgirls who work for tips, that dance, make conversation, or make videos, pictures, social media etc for embers pleasure and convenience...yes, we feel owed something.

Ann_Sulu said:
Autumn_LoL said:
Joeternal said:
Lilith Vine said:

Funny how you seem to have the member's version of the same attitude you hate. :mrgreen:

Also yes, for the camgirls who work for tips, that dance, make conversation, or make videos, pictures, social media etc for embers pleasure and convenience...yes, we feel owed something.

Let me try another analogy. You work really hard to open a restaurant. Nobody shows up. Are you going to go out in the street and start demanding people come pay you for your work? Or are you going to smile and ask nicely, and treat people well when they do come in?

Anyway, the title of the thread and the first post kind of say it all. I don't think I was unclear.

Reactions: BritneySiren
AmberCutie said:
That makes me wonder if I have changed as a person outside of camming since I started. My in-person, non-camming related relationships and conversations may actually be different because of the effects my job has had on me. But I have no idea. Hmm.
Yeah I mean, I obviously have no idea either but I highly doubt it has as huge of an effect on you as some. Some just can't deal with it. How many times have we seen happy go lucky new models turn into miserable people. Hard job to not let effect real life but some can manage it.

Joeternal said:
Ann_Sulu said:
Autumn_LoL said:
Joeternal said:
Lilith Vine said:

Let me try another analogy. You work really hard to open a restaurant. Nobody shows up. Are you going to go out in the street and start demanding people come pay you for your work? Or are you going to smile and ask nicely, and treat people well when they do come in?

Ah, but see now you're talking about beggars, not just egos. There's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.