AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Selling Panties!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLillita

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jul 16, 2014
Springfield, MO
So recently I have started selling my panties and I've only sold two so far. As one would imagine, I have burning questions that need answers.

Here are my rates:

Plain worn panties/worn-washed-perfumed panties - $20 or 400 tokens

*Cummy/Inserted Panties - $25 or 500 tokens

*Period Panties - $30 or 600 tokens

Panties worn for an extended length of time - $35 or 700 tokens

*These are all just for the panties. If they want to see you make them that way - Double the price. Added shows are 20 minute password shows.

Am I charging too much/too little? Has anyone ever successfully shipped panties to the UK? What exactly do they mean when they say discreet? Is there anything I should avoid?

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Honestly I would say you're being very generous. I sell my clean panties around 1000 each because it's a hassle.

You pay maybe $5 for the panties. Then about $10 for shipping depending on where you're shipping to and how fast you want it. And now you have to consider the taxes you'll be paying on the tip (and ask yourself if you're comfortable writing off "dirty panties" on your taxes and explaining that during an audit). I usually set aside 40% of all my earnings for taxes.

So if a guy tipped me 400 tokens:

MFC pays me $20.
Taxes make it $12.
Subtract $5 for the purchase of the panties.
Subtract $10 for the shipping.

Suddenly you're at negative $7. Granted you could not set aside taxes, then claim $15 as business expenses, but you're still only profiting about $3 after taxes.

Hope that helps.

Rose, thank you so much for replying!:D It does but it doesn't (and I thank you for your help :h:) because honestly, and this is embarrassing to say, I don't make enough camming to even write it off on taxes in general. Or maybe I do, I'm not sure. Also, I've also been accepting Amazon gift cards for payment as an alternative for cash or tokens, is that an ok move?

Reactions: Worship Jaclyn
RoseCavilla said:
Honestly I would say you're being very generous. I sell my clean panties around 1000 each because it's a hassle.

You pay maybe $5 for the panties. Then about $10 for shipping depending on where you're shipping to and how fast you want it. And now you have to consider the taxes you'll be paying on the tip (and ask yourself if you're comfortable writing off "dirty panties" on your taxes and explaining that during an audit). I usually set aside 40% of all my earnings for taxes.

MFC pays me $20.
Taxes make it $12.

Suddenly you're at negative $7. Granted you could not set aside taxes, then claim $15 as business expenses, but you're still only profiting about $3 after taxes.

Hope that helps.

Isn't 40% a little high for taxes?

SilentOne said:
RoseCavilla said:

MFC pays me $20.
Taxes make it $12.

Hope that helps.

Not for camgirls. Someone who's not employed pays 12.5% for Medicare and Social Security tax. Your boss pays the other half for you. A self employed person pays 25% and then on top of that still pays federal and state just like you.

*ahum* this is not models only *ahum*

don't underprice yourself! Rosa is very right, there's a lot more expenses then 200 tokens can cover (actual underwear, your time emailing, posting, packing, the package, taxes (you might not earn enough now but that could change and you might have to pay back), the time it's going to take you to replace said panties, shipping, etc.)

(also where do you girls buy $5 panties?)

SilentOne said:

Not for an independent contractor, such as a camgirl. The general rule of thumb is to set aside AT LEAST 30% of your earnings, and many girls make it a point to save up to 50% just in case tax season takes a higher cut than expected. And if taxes are lower than expected, then it gives a nice little 'tax return' out of your savings.

Better to be over-prepared than under when it comes to taxes! :thumbleft:

Fay_Galore said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to? Tax stuff? That's really common knowledge for any self employed person.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
30-35% cut for taxes seems about right

... back on topic:

It's a good idea to consider taxes, shipping, cost of panties and time spent. Maybe you should hold off on selling panties if you have to sell your panties at 400 tokens per pair. You won't make a profit and there are other ways to pull in income that doesn't require much out of pocket (videos, custom videos, photo sets, custom photo sets, privates, etc).

LadyLillita said:
Rose, thank you so much for replying!:D It does but it doesn't (and I thank you for your help :h:) because honestly, and this is embarrassing to say, I don't make enough camming to even write it off on taxes in general. Or maybe I do, I'm not sure. Also, I've also been accepting Amazon gift cards for payment as an alternative for cash or tokens, is that an ok move?
I would suggest looking into Giftrocket. They're totally anonymous for you and your customer and you can redeem it as a payment to a credit card, bank account, paypal, or if you're crazy have a check mailed to you. There's no charge for whatever form you choose.

Amazon makes me nervous. There's more information on it in the MO section, but if you're happy with it, keep using it. Just be safe.

Also: Remember to redeem any voucher you're sent before doing anything for anyone. For instance if using Giftrocket, once you move the money into your paypal account (usually happens instantly) it is safe. Or if you opt to have it put on a credit card it takes about two business days.

ETA: Also look into Google Wallet.

Fay_Galore said:

don't underprice yourself! Rosa is very right, there's a lot more expenses then 200 tokens can cover (actual underwear, your time emailing, posting, packing, the package, taxes (you might not earn enough now but that could change and you might have to pay back), the time it's going to take you to replace said panties, shipping, etc.)

(also where do you girls buy $5 panties?)

Ahhhh I'm sorry I put it in the wrong spot. ;A; I am under the assumption you can get $5 panties at Wal-Mart.I haven't had to buy any in a while. Right now I have enough panties to choke a horse because my mother sent me a lot and I am weird and actually rotate my panties so they don't get worn out as easily. >_>

RoseCavilla said:
LadyLillita said:
I would suggest looking into Giftrocket. They're totally anonymous for you and your customer and you can redeem it as a payment to a credit card, bank account, paypal, or if you're crazy have a check mailed to you. There's no charge for whatever form you choose.

Amazon makes me nervous. There's more information on it in the MO section, but if you're happy with it, keep using it. Just be safe.

Also: Remember to redeem any voucher you're sent before doing anything for anyone. For instance if using Giftrocket, once you move the money into your paypal account (usually happens instantly) it is safe. Or if you opt to have it put on a credit card it takes about two business days.

I actually don't own a credit card, bank account, or Paypal (I owe them about $12). I know to take the money up front and when it comes to Amazon, I try to be safe. :3 You are so great. :D

LadyLillita said:
RoseCavilla said:
LadyLillita said:

I actually don't own a credit card, bank account, or Paypal (I owe them about $12). I know to take the money up front and when it comes to Amazon, I try to be safe. :3 You are so great. :D
In that case I'd get Google Wallet. You don't need a bank account or anything to get it and they'll mail you a card you use just like a debit card. :-D

LadyLillita said:
SexyStephXS said:
Fay_Galore said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to? Tax stuff? That's really common knowledge for any self employed person.

....I didn't know. ;A;

I was referring you Fay. Nothing you posted is inappropriate for outside of models only. :) And as a matter of fact it's helpful when girls make posts out here because no all models will or want to get verified. :)

RoseCavilla said:
In that case I'd get Google Wallet. You don't need a bank account or anything to get it and they'll mail you a card you use just like a debit card. :-D

Oh awesome I will definitely look into it, thank you so much! :h: EDIT: I just had a thought, how on earth would I deposit money into that?

SexyStephXS said:
I was referring you Fay. Nothing you posted is inappropriate for outside of models only. :) And as a matter of fact it's helpful when girls make posts out here because no all models will or want to get verified. :)

Well I'm glad to know I helped. :D I have no idea though, if I should be doing tax stuff with this. I'm not that popular and make about $100 a paycheck, $200 if I'm lucky.

I just want to chime in about pricing.
Even considering the taxes/materials cost, please don't under value your time. You are going out of your way, to do something in real life, and if you're smart about safety either travelling away from your home to mail or renting a postal box. If the time you spend travelling to the PO box and mailing is time you could have spent doing a private or a countdown...or enjoying yourself doing-non work things...But seriously, aside from the materials your time is valuable.

Also you should accept tokens, gift rocket, or google wallet. Giftcards can only spent in one place, you can't' put them into your savings account or put them toward essentials like rent. Also tokens will help your camscore, which help you earn more in the long run. If you're only making $100 per paycheck (wat?) your priority should be putting away a financial cushion and building your job security before anything else!

Im reviving this thread simply because I really need an answer and I cant find another thread nor do I want to create one.

How do you guys package your delectable delicates? Do you take any precautions for any...leaks or smells?

Also, for cheap undies I hit up walmarts clearance bins. $1-2 is all I pay on my selling panties.

NerdyBBW said:
How do you guys package your delectable delicates? Do you take any precautions for any...leaks or smells?

If they're unworn/perfumed, ziplock baggies work well. For worn/stuffed/squirt-soaked panties, a number of girls actually vaccum-lock them to avoid molding or them 'going bad' (so to speak). But I've sent worn and stuffed panties in ziplocks with no issues, it really just depends on exactly how damp they are. If the guy just wants your smell and doesn't want them soaking wet, letting them hang-dry overnight is a good idea before bagging/shipping and will prevent any accidents. :)

Reactions: AngelicTease
Jessi said:
I just want to chime in about pricing.
Even considering the taxes/materials cost, please don't under value your time. You are going out of your way, to do something in real life, and if you're smart about safety either travelling away from your home to mail or renting a postal box. If the time you spend travelling to the PO box and mailing is time you could have spent doing a private or a countdown...or enjoying yourself doing-non work things...But seriously, aside from the materials your time is valuable.

Also you should accept tokens, gift rocket, or google wallet. Giftcards can only spent in one place, you can't' put them into your savings account or put them toward essentials like rent. Also tokens will help your camscore, which help you earn more in the long run. If you're only making $100 per paycheck (wat?) your priority should be putting away a financial cushion and building your job security before anything else!

It doesn't help my camscore, I'm not on MFC lol. And yes, I do only make $100 to $200 a paycheck luckily my roommates understand and are cool with the $50 a month I'm able to give them.

Status
Not open for further replies.