AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Canadian T.V., or any Canadian visual media.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
Canadian T.V. is something I am very interested to see more of. Some of my favorite shows are British. I don't want to suggest Canadian T.V. is like British T.V. just that I would like to have more exposure to all things. Part of the reason all us Americans think the U.S. is the world is because we don't allow ourselfs to be exposed to anything foreign. For that matter I would enjoy suggestion from the land of Oz, or any other English offerings. I just wish I knew enough, or any Dutch so I could check out their shows. I am very fond of the Dutch sense of humor.

Oh BTW it was catching an episode of the Red Green Show that made me think to start this thread. I have enjoyed that show off and on for years.

Brother you are opening up a pretty weird can of worms and some nasty worms :) as per Canadian TV.
The big boy of course is CBC which has been trying to offer programming for lets say forever.
CTV has stuck their programming toes in the water as well with some well disastrous effects.

Icon shows :
The Beachcombers: a show that carried on for years and years you probably find some episodes on Youtube living on the west coast of Canada the character Relic is an icon
DeGrassi High: Enuff said everyone from Kevin Smith to Dennis Kroll loved it and made parody of it.
Red Green Show: A Canuck staple, full cast of Canada actors, plus others some funny stuff "Always keep your stick on the ice" "If the ladies don't find you handsome at least be handy".
Corner Gas: clean straight forward comedy show...not bad, good writing
The Kids in Hall: sketch troop comedy...classic...people still use it for humor...most of the guys are now in the USA, ground breaking and WILD funny skits.
The King of Kensington: Kind of Canada's answer to All in the Family Al Waxman funny big man
SCTV: Landmark show paved the way for many comedies : John Candy, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis, Harold Ramis, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara , Andrea Martin...all made impacts in the USA. Candy may have been the most prolific...Bob and Doug Show...pure Canadian classic ..we used to have Beer and Toque parades...Hows it going eh?, Hoser, etc.etc.

British Shows that aired here heavy that you may not have seen:
before he was Johnny English or Mr Bean
Black Adder: very FUNNY, Rowan Atkinson Look for season 3 for Hugh Laurie (House) as the idiot Prince Regent...amazing
Only Fools and Horses :David Jason vehicle ran for ever, dynamite, funny once you get the accent down...one of Dell's sidekick's "Trigger" FANTASTIC
Absolutely FabulousVery funny stuff

Those are just a couple of the top of my head I am sure I'm missing some others so if anyone else wants to jump in hit it.

Oh and for a CLASSIC CULT freak show that only has a couple of episodes "The Star Lost"...Sci Fi 1970's cult show...its almost painful to watch but GOD is it fun...Walter Koenig (Star Trek's Chekof) shows up wearing a full skin tight gold lamay body suit with large white puffy cuffs...tears of laughter.

Take a look if you want, Netflix will have some and youtube will have some others.

EdgarAllenWhoa said:
Brother you are opening up a pretty weird can of worms and some nasty worms :) as per Canadian TV.
The big boy of course is CBC which has been trying to offer programming for lets say forever.
CTV has stuck their programming toes in the water as well with some well disastrous effects.

Icon shows :
The Beachcombers: a show that carried on for years and years you probably find some episodes on Youtube living on the west coast of Canada the character Relic is an icon
DeGrassi High: Enuff said everyone from Kevin Smith to Dennis Kroll loved it and made parody of it.
Red Green Show: A Canuck staple, full cast of Canada actors, plus others some funny stuff "Always keep your stick on the ice" "If the ladies don't find you handsome at least be handy".
Corner Gas: clean straight forward comedy show...not bad, good writing
The Kids in Hall: sketch troop comedy...classic...people still use it for humor...most of the guys are now in the USA, ground breaking and WILD funny skits.
The King of Kensington: Kind of Canada's answer to All in the Family Al Waxman funny big man
SCTV: Landmark show paved the way for many comedies : John Candy, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis, Harold Ramis, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara , Andrea Martin...all made impacts in the USA. Candy may have been the most prolific...Bob and Doug Show...pure Canadian classic ..we used to have Beer and Toque parades...Hows it going eh?, Hoser, etc.etc.

British Shows that aired here heavy that you may not have seen:
before he was Johnny English or Mr Bean
Black Adder: very FUNNY, Rowan Atkinson Look for season 3 for Hugh Laurie (House) as the idiot Prince Regent...amazing
Only Fools and Horses :David Jason vehicle ran for ever, dynamite, funny once you get the accent down...one of Dell's sidekick's "Trigger" FANTASTIC
Absolutely FabulousVery funny stuff

Those are just a couple of the top of my head I am sure I'm missing some others so if anyone else wants to jump in hit it.

Oh and for a CLASSIC CULT freak show that only has a couple of episodes "The Star Lost"...Sci Fi 1970's cult show...its almost painful to watch but GOD is it fun...Walter Koenig (Star Trek's Chekof) shows up wearing a full skin tight gold lamay body suit with large white puffy cuffs...tears of laughter.

Take a look if you want, Netflix will have some and youtube will have some others.
Some of these I am familiar with, love KidsintheHall, and still stick a thumb out in front of me and tell ppl who I don't want to hear, " I can't see you" oh now" I can" nope "can't see you" :mrgreen: good shit. And beautiful flaming check-off, that one I'm going to have to track down, sou.ds so funny.

Thanks EAW.

being Canadian, and am a proponent of Canadian TV/media, I'll give ya some more current suggestions

currently ongoing (I think... and shows that I think are worth taking a look at)

Republic of Doyle - detective father and son set in Newfoundland
Continuum - time travel stuff (really good imho, but inbetween seasons and airing on Syfy) set in Vancouver
Blackstone - first nations drama on a rez
Heartland - family type feel good set on a ranch in alberta
Lost Girl - airing on syfy i think
Rabbit Fall - supernatural with first nations... haven't seen but am interested in watching it at some point
This Hour Has 22 Minutes - satire
Rick Mercer Report - Canada's Jon Stewart (very canadian focused)
Rookie Blue
The Listener - telepathic paramedic solving crimes in toronto
Hockey Night in Canada! (only if you like hockey tho hehe)
Murdoch Mysteries - detective stories in late 1800's Canada - kinda sherlock-y

Defiance - new upcoming sci fi show I saw a ad for that I'm going to be checking out - according to wiki it's a canadian/american co production

old shows not yet mentioned
Flashpoint
Being Erica
Trailer Park Boys
Kenny vs Spenny
Charlie Jade (a Canadian/South African co production) great tightly knit story, don't miss an episode, you'll get lost
Slings and Arrows (highly recommend this one, only 3 short seasons)
Regenesis
Littlest Hobo - wandering dog helping people
Little Mosque on the Prarie
Less than Kind - brilliant comedy.. 3 short seasons

few shows made mostly with american money but with a lot of canadian talent and filmed in canada
stargate sg1
sanctuary
smallville

thats pretty much all I can think of and that took me a while to remember all that lol

I'll also toss in Black Adder as a suggestion... hilarious stuff, saw this before Mr Bean
Misfits
Sherlock
Being Human (yes, the UK version, much better than the US ... and series 5 just started)
Life on Mars
Red Dwarf
The Young Ones
Little Britian
and....

DOCTOR WHO!!!

i'm sure there's more, but Republic of Doyle is on

Mott_ said:
Hey Camstory, if you want something British that's a bit more outta left-filed then check out "The Mighty Boosh". I'll warn you its a bit odd / eccentric but really funny. Series two is my favourite.
Sounds like something I might really like. Thank you.

Reactions: Mott_
if you want a few movies to check out, here are some off the top of my head that are worth checking out

The Trotsky
Goon
One Week
Ginger Snaps
Bon Cop Bad Cop
Passcendale (sp??) - WW1 flick... more romancin than trench fighting than I originally thought, but still a decent flick
Red Violin
Decoys
Young People Fucking (or YPF)

Reactions: camstory
camstory said:
Mott_ said:
Hey Camstory, if you want something British that's a bit more outta left-filed then check out "The Mighty Boosh". I'll warn you its a bit odd / eccentric but really funny. Series two is my favourite.
Sounds like something I might really like. Thank you.

You're welcome :thumbleft:

If you don't mind subtitles then this Icelandic comedy called "Naeturvaktin" or "The Night Shift" is worth a watch. It's set in a petrol station.

(Sorry I know this isn't Canadian).

Reactions: camstory
there's a new show being advertised here called "Orphan Black" that looks interesting. 10 episode season.
-street smart girl witnesses a suicide of a girl that looks exactly like her, assumes her identity, empties her bank and then finds out she's a clone and the clones are being killed off... and that's all I know about it. I'll be watching.

and seen that it's going to be airing on BBCAmerica as well.

Todd & The Book of Pure Evil

don't know how I forgot about this little gem lol
there's a small campaign to save it from being cancelled.

Some British ones (some obvious, some not so)

Only Fools and Horses
Spaced
Red Dwarf
Teachers
The Office
Sherlock
Black Books
Misfits
Shameless
The Mighty Boosh
Inbetweeners
Skins
Jam
Brass Eye
The I.T Crowd
One Foot In The Grave
Doctor Who
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Man To Man With Dean Lerner
I'm Alan Partridge
Knowing Me Knowing You - With Alan Partridge
Yes Minister
Yes Prime Minister
The Thick Of It
Extras
Saxondale
Men Behaving Badly
The Fast Show
Harry Enfield And Chums
Absolutely Fabulous

Reactions: dogglius
Everyone seems to have posted all the ones I would've posted. But there is a new sitcom available on CityTV that I just found out is Canadian.

It's called Seed. It's like 7 episodes in and I really like it so far.

Wikipedia said:
An ill-equipped bachelor discovers his foray into sperm donation has resulted in many offspring and finds himself entangled in the lives of his new-found children and their less-than-thrilled families.

:thumbleft:

Reactions: AudreyAnna
Mott_ said:
The Mighty Boosh and Flight of the Conchords are 2 of my favorites! :lol:

Reactions: Mott_
One Week is one of my favourite movies!

A few more good Canadian movies...Gunless, Men With Brooms (obviously I love Paul Gross), The Rocket & Pontypool

eeek... I should just add the disclaimer in my signature about my posts being too long :oops:

lol whenever there's a Canadian made-for-TV movie on, I'm always cringing. Seriously, they're horrible (at least all the ones I have seen.) There seems to be some weird style of filming where it's really low budget... really bad acting, storyline that takes itself too seriously, and an ending that resolves nothing. Very cheesy, very campy...odd filming techniques...I just don't get it. Just recently, there was one about a female photographer that...I don't know what...like I have no clue what the point of the show was. She was supposed to be taking pictures for a jeans company...the investor wanted " SEX like it's supposed to be.. raw, dangerous.." .... and I quote: "Think Jenna Jameson and Tito Ortiz.."...the stupidest line, in context, with the most cringe-worthy dead-pan delivery imaginable. The actress who played the photographer had no facial expressions the whole time. Worse than Kristin Stewart heh heh! So she took the pictures, went to a stripclub...the end.
Yeah.
Then there was one about a Russian ballerina who moves to Canada against her family's wishes and meets a Canadian guy she starts dating. The premise could have been made into something interesting..but instead we get hours of sitting, walking, drinking tea, reading, staring, studying a dictionary, looking into shop windows...
The only time I see this style of filming..where the entire scene is just of doing something pointless to any sort of plot or just a menial task...like a 10 minute scene of washing dishes..with only the water and outside cars driving by as sound... or a 15 minute scene of looking out the window, walking over to the couch and reading a book in total silence... is Canadian cinema.
I guess it's just not my cup of tea. Anyway.

Kenny vs. Spenny was a show I really didn't like. I didn't find it funny or creative...looked to me like they were trying hard to be funny but it just wasn't. Quick rant: I hate how nowadays comedy/humour in general has gone down the drain. All you ever see now in comedy is 'gross out' humour...bathroom stuff like farting, diarrhea, stuff like that... or "sex" humour... BORING. and not funny 99% of the time. I'm probably in the minority on this though, since more and more comedies are resorting to this kind of humour.

Ok, Canadian TV
Paradise Falls - cancelled now...was something you could watch and get into if nothing else was on.
Andromeda - ugh. this freakin show. For like two years I watched it every day because it was on at exactly the time I woke up each day and I sleep with the TV on. It had a couple interesting storylines that could have been expanded on..but it took itself too seriously...which made it really cheesy.
WebDreams - a show about the internet sex business in Canada..they had a camgirl who met a regular, a studio, a girl wanting to launch her own website, a married bisexual guy wanting to sell vids/do cam shows, a guy wanting to start a site with various niche models (bodybuilders, large clit,, etc.)

Personally, my favourite is British TV. I love British people in general. I love Great Britain. I'm English at heart, though not by blood (but my descendants will be mwahaha)
Misfits - lol really liked this show, mostly for Nathan. Robert Sheehan has awesome hair and his facial expressions are hilarious. I thought the premise was pretty cool and the episodes left me wanting more.
Skins- Just discovered this show recently...what can I say..It really touched me..because it is so true to life.
Manor House - An interesting social experiment where they took normal people and got them to live as if they were living in 1910. One family got to live for several months as nobility in a huge manor house while the rest worked as the "downstairs" help. Was very intriguing to see how it affected them...life back then was VERY different..there's also 1940's house where a family lives as they would during WW2..

Also, when I was in Russia, I watched some Russian TV...there was a cool show where kids competed in a program of intelligence..smart kids..surprised myself by getting really into it and rooting for the underdog. A bit ashamed that those 10/11 year olds knew the answers to questions/topics that I am clueless about/ignorant of.
"School" - a serial about teenagers akin to "Skins", I am guessing. I haven't watched it myself yet.
"The Irony of Fate" - an old school movie that is watched every New Year's by tradition. A man drinks too much on New Year's and ends up going home to his apartment...in the wrong city. The woman who lives there comes home to find him passed out on her couch. He can't leave because of some circumstances and drama ensues when her boyfriend tries to come over..and when the main character calls his girlfriend in the city he should be in to tell her he's stuck spending New Year's with another woman. I think, though, that there are a lot of cultural references so perhaps it won't be as funny and nostalgic to someone who isn't of Eastern European descent. Still, though, it's a classic. :thumbleft:

Crumb said:
there's a new show being advertised here called "Orphan Black" that looks interesting. 10 episode season.
-street smart girl witnesses a suicide of a girl that looks exactly like her, assumes her identity, empties her bank and then finds out she's a clone and the clones are being killed off... and that's all I know about it. I'll be watching.

and seen that it's going to be airing on BBCAmerica as well.
Orphan Black be good
you should watch it

Less than Kind

Some serious funny going on with that...its kind of sad its the final season, but kind of good they aren't over killing it either

I don't get it....I don't see trailer park boys anywhere on this forum. Did I miss it? I mean that is GREAT Canadian telivivion if I ever saw it.

Also, Take this waltz is pretty good Canadian movie. Depressing, and funny all in one. Also, Sarah Silverman gets naked and you see bush. So....plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.