AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Male interested in modelling. In need of advice.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
Hello, new obviously. :-D

Thanks for reading this and hopefully responding! I've been researching becoming a camboy, but so much information my head is spinning. The biggest thing, which website to begin my career with?!

My ideal website: Would be one with straight, gay categories that you can switch between (or show up in both), I know I will have to "gay for pay" to make money. Also nude and non-nude categories, so if I felt like not getting nude one night, I could do that, but also I have a friend who really needs money help and I could see her doing non-nude. May never want to do nude, but heck, if she gets a few fans and gets comfortable enough to switch to nude every so often, I imagine they'd be willing to pay a lot more than usual. Also, a website that pays decent. I had been thinking 2 - 3 per minute, but reality check is saying 1 per minute is good pay (correct?).

Sites:

Livejasmin - One of the first I came across, rave reviews, then some other sites and this one especially rip it apart. The "55%" cut seems to be BS? I was told if you're on came more, it could go up to 55% (35% from free chat), but have not yet heard how much time that involves. Also a lot of you think they just suck?

ImLive - Sounds like, you get 100% from a guest you convert (whose paying in your room). 30% from members. 35% for vets and top members. 50% from category besides Live Sex Chat or Friends & Romance. Looks like, under 90 minutes, you can only charge 0.98 so that's 30% of that. Yuck. Anyone able to explain that? Also, for guys there only seems to be two categories on the main page (straight alone, gay alone). Good amount of non-nude though.

InternetModeling - Another possible one? Lots of websites in their network, they claim a ton of traffic. Only 0.80 paid, but that can include more than one person. Only 1 for private, but guess that's good? And they do have a non-nude section, small though, just friend male, friend female.

Flirt4Free - sounds like the pay could be good. No non-nude. But looks good besides that?

Streammate - Site actually looks exactly like one of InternetModelings. And seems like a lot here like them? Though I've been reading they will post your videos on other websites and you can't control that.

Privacy is important! And also, why can't these websites just tell you the percentage you get?!? Geez.

So any recommendations, on which website you feel is best and which may best fit what I was hoping to find?

Also, anyone think there'd be interest in someone doing some advanced hula hoop moves on cam? You don't see a guy doing that too often. :lol: I know I'll need to do interesting things, besides just "jerking it" to get interest. This forum was the first that I read, "hey, girls can see dicks anywhere" so I do realize most of the show will have to be besides that. Got a degree in psychology, naked therapist! Also read, focus shouldn't be on money, but fun. Sounds like it could be!

Im not very familiar with male modeling but I just want to tell you this.

Internet Modeling (IM) is kind of like an online studio. They promise you better placement more traffic etc. etc. and take a percentage of your money. What they actually do is make and account on Streamate (SM) for you and take a percentage of the money. You can sign up for SM yourself and make just as much if not more money than going through IM.

If you are already working through IM you will need to email whoever hired you. Tell them you have changed your mind and want to quit and please remove your account. Give it maybe a week and then sign up for SM yourself. DO NOT tell them that you are going to do that. In your contract it says you will not work for SM for a year, or some shit like that. SM will prob never realize you are the same person and since it doesnt seem like you have made a significant amount of money I am sure IM will not be breathing down your neck.

As far as payout the average pay our your going to find will be about 35%, some sites a little more some a little less but I doubt you will ever find a site that pays more than 50%. The only exception to this is on SM, if you get people to sign up through your link you will make 70% of what they spend on you and 35% of what they spend on anybody else on the site.

Hope this helps some!

Reactions: Kalb
Sevrin -> Privacy as in, I can block areas I want to block. Video sales, I should have control over that. Not a site making videos and selling them on other sites without my knowledge or control.

ElaySmith -> Ah, that's why SM looks exactly like IM. So would you recommend SM as the best choice with your limited knowledge of male modeling? Trying to find info on male modeling, has been even harder than finding what the payouts are. :lol:

Thanks for the replies! :mrgreen:

SM is really the only site that I am familiar with that offers male modeling so my opinion doesnt really count. I have not heard many good thinks about live jasmin but ive never worked there. I know there are some girls on this forum that have worked for some of these other companies so maybe they will pop in this thread.

Also when ever you see a site that looks like it has the same set up as SM it is an affiliate of SM most likely. They broadcast over hundreds of sites, which is why they have such good traffic. Does this look familiar.. http://www.cam.com ?

However no matter what site you work on your video feed will belong to that site and they can do whatever they like with it.

If you are really worried about privacy maybe you should read over this thread
http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1123&hilit=reality+check

Maybe try camwithhim.com - they are a partner site of my site I started on camwithher.com. High rates, high percentages (depending on how many hours you work and if you are exclusive but between 45%-75% I believe), free cam is optional but usually your cam if off until you are in a paid chat. Only complaint is much lower traffic than the bigger sites (like MFC and SM) and also they have a type physically and can be picky about who they accept. CWH is non nude but they have another site NudeAdultCams which is mixed girl guy, anything goes. Higher rates of course because of that. A lot of models are featured on both sites.
Might be worth looking at for you.
I moved over to MFC because the higher traffic and free cams was more fun more me than just doing private chats. Higher traffic also means less privacy and more being recorded though. All sites will let you block states though if that gives you some peace of mind.

ElaySmith -> Yeah, I thought IM was the source, since they have like 20 websites linked to theirs, all identical like that. Didn't know they were the sub-partner to SM. So thanks!

HollieCakes -> Thanks, I'll look in to those too. Would one need an account at both, or do they cross over?

And my only "privacy" concern was, a website making their own copies of videos and selling them places without my knowledge and without giving me a cut. :lol:

I think being a guy, actually might lower the chances of videos being spread all over. But if someone I know, somehow comes across one? They'd be so shocked, they may not even believe it is me. Totally out of character for me in person. ;)

Kalb said:
ElaySmith -> Yeah, I thought IM was the source, since they have like 20 websites linked to theirs, all identical like that. Didn't know they were the sub-partner to SM. So thanks!

HollieCakes -> Thanks, I'll look in to those too. Would one need an account at both, or do they cross over?

And my only "privacy" concern was, a website making their own copies of videos and selling them places without my knowledge and without giving me a cut. :lol:

I think being a guy, actually might lower the chances of videos being spread all over. But if someone I know, somehow comes across one? They'd be so shocked, they may not even believe it is me. Totally out of character for me in person. ;)

Separate accounts. Some people want to make their nude accounts recognizable so their named will be the same, on both accounts. Some want to be a bit more sneaky so their two accounts are like Hollie & Honey or Kyra & Kimberley :lol:

HollieCakes -> I see what you mean by type now. All their guys look like body builders. I've got some muscle, but I'm thin. Some definition, but not a 6 pack. So sounds like they wouldn't accept me. I think I could call myself a 7? I know I am good looking, just not top level. I'd be trying to sell my personality or a persona bringing out the qualities I don't normally get to in "real" life. Also there was only one model online when I checked.. so when a site has 1 or only a few online, traffic may be a bit too low, correct?

Cassidy Nicole -> Thanks! I'm learning. :mrgreen:

Kalb said:
HollieCakes -> I see what you mean by type now. All their guys look like body builders. I've got some muscle, but I'm thin. Some definition, but not a 6 pack. So sounds like they wouldn't accept me. I think I could call myself a 7? I know I am good looking, just not top level. I'd be trying to sell my personality or a persona bringing out the qualities I don't normally get to in "real" life. Also there was only one model online when I checked.. so when a site has 1 or only a few online, traffic may be a bit too low, correct?

Cassidy Nicole -> Thanks! I'm learning. :mrgreen:

No harm in applying though. Whats the worst that can happen?
Traffic is low over there because of all the free sites, but some guys like the quiet & premium kind of feel. So you can just sit around doing whatever (as you're not on cam) and some big shows come in. The money is still pretty good for most on there, or was at least when I was on there from 2007-2011.

This is the guy who owns the network http://cams.camwithhim.com/model/Steve

The worst that happens if my confidence is horrible crushed? Naw! I wonderful if people like sarcastic male models? :lol:

Is that website a studio or the main one? From them I found icguys.com. So got myself a little confused. Signing up takes you to snrproductions.com, which appears to be the main site? They also name your website on there and do say they are non-nude and mention nude for those interested. But say pay is based on "factors" that they don't go in to detail on. They say one of them is based on, online time. Does that mean in private or having yourself logged in and waiting for someone to join?

Oh my gosh, quite a few typos and I notice after I can't edit it any longer.

Anyway, more feedback on other websites? Anymore tips? Oddly enough, I feel like I'd want to be on a website that does allow nude. Odd because, even just last year, I wasn't comfortable with the idea of being nude in front of others. Is it silly to see web cam modelling as an opportunity for fun, money, and growth as a person?

They don't have studios. SNRProductions is the company and thy have several sites - camwithher, nonnudecams, NudeAdultCams, camwithhim (/guysoncam? I think is N alternate name could be wrong). Then the icgirls, icguys sites are just site that list ALL of the male or female accounts in one camwithhim, nonnudecams,NudeAdultCams combined. Confusing I know.

It's based on time online, even if you're just logged in and waiting. As long as you are available for a show. So saw 20 hrs a month is 50% payout 50 hrs is 55% 70 hrs is 60% you get the idea. Idk exactly though anymore.

Yeah, that was kinda confused. So it lists them all. Does it label which are nude and non-nude, or when you get traffic from that site you can go nude even if you are on a non-nude site originally? That brings up the larger point of, I see some sites list you on many different ones, like SM, Livejasm, etc. In the interface, does it tell you where the people you are talking to is from?

I am actually fine with other options too. Those were just the main ones I could find.

And thanks a ton for all the help. :mrgreen:

I do actually work online, so could even possibly hit 20 hours online of online time. So that's good to hear it is just online time. When you sign up with a site, do they then tell you the exact details of the payout?

Don't know about the other sites..
ICGirls tells you which site the people are coming from on the interface yes. It also lists the models category (cwh,nnc,nac) but you can also tell as NAC costs more. You hav e to log in two your two separate accounts though cwh/nnc and nac. You can be logged into both at the same time and being logged into either will count toward your hours I believe.

Basically cwh is the "premium" site and nnc is the site where some people start if they're not sure about you. Sounds mean. To be on cwh you need to maintain a certain amount of popularity and time online or they bump you down to nnc. The rules are the same for both sites though despite the name.

They definitely layout the pay percentages and also of your records and all that inside your model account page where you can update your profile, check mail etc.

If you think your online time wouldn't be higher than maybe 60 hrs a month it might not me the spot for you. It's worth trying a few sites though and having a back up to log into incase one site is slow.

You're welcome and good luck!

HollieCakes -> My gosh, seems I'm a little excited. More mis-typing. I meant I could most likely hit 20 hours in a week. I looked at the application, doesn't actually list who you are apply for? But does ask video for CWH. Don't really see much of a price difference between their network sites. Sorry if you mentioned this already, but is the percentage the model receives (depending on hours, etc) the same on all of them or CWH gives a higher percentage? And so, for nude and non-nude, you have separate accounts but they're basically linked, so being your hours are counted in total between the two? (I see one guy does have a few "My Categories" actually)

More respectful to you all. This is a complex line of work!

Think I will just give it a try. They say they only accept 10%, and I look completely atypical to what they have, but I can play that up, and some of the skills I could showcase to get their audience something a little different (would have to have the laptop / cam outside, but I could put on a fire dancing / spinning show for the non-nude! If anyone wanted). Could get accepted and being "unique" and online when no one else is (like right now) could be real profitable. Or not. Worth a shot! Any tips on how to apply?

All looks pretty straight forward. But for pictures taken, would it be counted against me if it's me taking my own picture in a mirror for the full body shot?

Paris_Lee -> Thank you, Skinvideo I've seen mentioned, but forgot to look more in to. And I do realize, it'll be mostly for men. Could play the angle, I'm straight but curious, take me private it, etc.. but would only work once per customer I imagine. :lol:

Hahah I'm probably mistyping too as I'm writing out on my iPhone.

As for tips - join their forum and post some pics there and get to know people as soon as or before you apply to show you have personality and would be active and interesting to have around. Also if possible only submit pictures taken with your webcam (to show quality) or pro looking digital pictures if you have any. Mirror pics are too amature in a not good way IMO.

Pay out % is te same for all sites. Only thing is nnc has lower traffic but most people probably access through icg now anyway.

Not sure what can you have but all models here would recommend having the Logitech 9000 or c910. I highly doubt reject 90% - they just say that.

Also I suggest you post a pic here for us too! :lol:

Do need to actually get a webcam, figured I'd apply first. Perhaps that's backwards. Get a good cam and apply with a video too. I'm sure that will help my cause.

There is a forum? Didn't see it on their website. I assume it wouldn't be members only if you're saying join before I apply. Please point it out?

Ya know, my first reaction was, "omg, post a pic?!?" Then I had to remind myself, duh... yeah.. you're going to apply to be a cam model, hahaha. I'll see if I can get something nice taken later tonight, do have a good digital camera, will most likely be a mirror shot though.

most models prefer the logitech 9000 or the logitech c910 ( i think thats the hd one im not sure i have the former)

also have good lighting. there is a ton of stuff in the models only forum for new models FAQ. im nost usre if you could get verified there beign you are a guy though, ask amber!

Paris_Lee said:
most models prefer the logitech 9000 or the logitech c910 ( i think thats the hd one im not sure i have the former)

also have good lighting. there is a ton of stuff in the models only forum for new models FAQ. im nost usre if you could get verified there beign you are a guy though, ask amber!

Write now male models arent allowed in the models only section...

The 9000 is one of the webcams I see recommended. Kinda hoping I can find one I don't need to order, just pick up in store, and get started! Umm.. and go through the application process too. No worries about men not being allowed in that section, I'm just glad I found a forum about modeling that is active!

Thinking, the SNR would be good to try to be with. Noticed the private chat price, isn't "private" but means what everyone in the room is paying. :shock: But also join a free chat one. Seems like a good balance that way. If I'm accepted to both. Gotta figure out a SN, and all that stuff too though. Generic or one that has a theme to it? Thinking out loud. :lol:

HollieCakes -> Thanks again (thanks everyone actually) and I remembered I had a picture with my top off from this summer. So no lame mirror picture, more a sun burned picture and it also looks like my shoulders are back and chest is out, not a good pose, haha. So.. as you can see, quite different than all the guys I've seen there. But think I'm decent enough.
IMG_4398.jpg

Reactions: LadyLuna
You should submit pics like that, showing your whole body etc. At least 1 or 2.

I wanted to clear up. "private" on snr is like group on mfc... multiple people can join in at a lower rate then "vip" is like private on mfc.. one on one, except voyeurs.

I'm sure you will do well when you find your niche and what site works for you. Again, welcome & good luck!

Phew! Post a pic and the thread died.. had me scared, hahaha.

Yeah, I figured that out (but thanks!!). So if you charge 2.00 dollars, it might work out better, if it gets more people in your room than a higher priced room. Then you could be making more than if you charged the higher price. I actually put an app in with ImLive, just because their "expert" section, you get paid a lot better than the nude chat, and I have some skills I might be able to take advantage of there.

Do still need to get a webcam, though. However, the one my lap top came with, actually looked pretty darn good. I did a "show" with it, for myself, to just see how I'd look. Thought it looked fine, red tones needed to be adjusted though. :lol:

I'll just have a friend take some more pictures of me. I figure full body, topless, should be good.

If I wanted to "play" up what I could do that is different or unique for SNR, think they'd like a fire dancing picture? We actually just got a new (much stronger) wireless router too, so should be able to broadcast outside. Upload had been 0.98, not it is over 5.

Here is an example:
IMG_4318.jpg

Think they have any models doing that on cam? :mrgreen:

Actually, that would be for the non-nude site on SNR. Would not do that nude, LOL. Hmm.. question would be, how good would that look on a webcam.

That was a fire staff, photo taken when I was spinning it behind my back. Also got some good moves with a fire hoop, but fire poi would result in me being on fire. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.