AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I wonder, do models ever consider how they are perceived by their audience as opposed to how they intend to be perceived?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2019
I spend a lot of time studying the interactions between viewers and models as well as between viewers and other viewers. Often, I will see a model doing something, and I kind of know what her intentions are but it just isn't working. I work as a Room Mod for a model whom I am close friends with and I can PM her to let her know when this is happening. I wonder how other models deal with this or if they don't even think about it.

I haven't been at this long (maybe 6mos?) but I started out with the mindset that I was going to do what I wanted to do, and have fun with it - regardless of how it was perceived. Sometimes I can tell that they clearly aren't "getting it" or seeing it how I expected, but I try not to let it bother me. If it works it works, if not- I had fun, right? My regulars seem to be in it for the long haul regardless, and I steadily seem to gain new viewers. I think with this kind of work- it's a given that what you are doing isn't for everyone, no matter what. Only certain people are going to be interested for any number of reasons (they could just as easily not stick around bc of how I look, or my age, or my gender, etc). And this sort of plays into that whole thing for me. You win some, you lose some kind of thing, you know?

Idk maybe i totally missed the point of your question! lol

I haven't been at this long (maybe 6mos?) but I started out with the mindset that I was going to do what I wanted to do, and have fun with it - regardless of how it was perceived. Sometimes I can tell that they clearly aren't "getting it" or seeing it how I expected, but I try not to let it bother me. If it works it works, if not- I had fun, right? My regulars seem to be in it for the long haul regardless, and I steadily seem to gain new viewers. I think with this kind of work- it's a given that what you are doing isn't for everyone, no matter what. Only certain people are going to be interested for any number of reasons (they could just as easily not stick around bc of how I look, or my age, or my gender, etc). And this sort of plays into that whole thing for me. You win some, you lose some kind of thing, you know?

Idk maybe i totally missed the point of your question! lol
Thanks for the quick reply. From your message, it seems you do care about how you are perceived but not excessively so. Good to know!

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
I spend a lot of time studying the interactions between viewers and models as well as between viewers and other viewers. Often, I will see a model doing something, and I kind of know what her intentions are but it just isn't working. I work as a Room Mod for a model whom I am close friends with and I can PM her to let her know when this is happening. I wonder how other models deal with this or if they don't even think about it.

I think most models do consider how their viewers interpret their actions. But I would be cautious about approaching any other model aside from your good friend, because while YOUR intentions may be good, they may also be perceived wrongly. Because while one person interprets a model's actions one way, that is an entirely subjective opinion. Too many members (not saying you because as a mod, you may have more insight into that specific room than 90% of other members!) think that because a model isn't working in a way that makes THEM happy, it means it isn't working at all. And they try to convince the model to change up their game in a way that suits their own preferences. Because we can't always trust members to be completely subjective, models have to be more aware of their own room and the way their actions are being interpreted. They have to police their own rooms because they can see the full picture that most members can't. And so I think experienced models are typically way more aware of how their intentions come across than the members themselves.

For example... Take social media/Twitter. I see some models chronically crying, posting about hardship they are trying to overcome such as late bills, not being able to eat, doctors/vet bills, etc. Some people may look at their actions and get turned off, seeing desperation and sadness and stress. Others will view their actions with sympathy or pity, wanting to rescue that model from their hardship, wanting to help ease their struggles. Just because that model's actions may not land well with one group of members, doesn't mean they aren't reaching their target audience: i.e., white knights. Being a damsel in distress can be a turn off for many, but it can be a lucrative way to hustle too. I try to keep that in mind when I see a model's strategy pushing me away. It's just a reminder that I'm not a part of the crowd they are intending to connect with.

Another example is camming. One girl may be abrasive and aloof on cam. Many members may be turned off and leave the room. But if she's going the Femdom route, this can be a better strategy. Because being friendly and happy and go-lucky can turn off some of the subs she is trying to reach. So just because her actions are not resonating with a typical member, it doesn't mean she isn't reaching her intended target audience. It just means that member isn't a part of that audience, y'know? And that's okay too.

But models are human. And even the most experienced model can have off days or even off weeks. And sometimes, things don't land. But pointing that out to them isn't typically helpful. Because most models are AWARE that things aren't landing, that they aren't connecting the way that they want to, but because of outside reasons, it just isn't working. Maybe they're dealing with outside stress, maybe they are trying to paint a smile over depression, maybe they are not feeling well - there can be a lot of factors that can contribute to an Off-Day. And pointing out that they are not connecting with her audience... That's only going to bring more stress and anxiety and sadness, even if the intentions are good.

So yeah. I think moooost experienced models are typically very aware of how they are being perceived, because honestly, that's what the job depends on! But off-days/weeks happen to everyone sometimes, so pointing it out may not always be the most helpful of actions!

I think most models do consider how their viewers interpret their actions. But I would be cautious about approaching any other model aside from your good friend, because while YOUR intentions may be good, they may also be perceived wrongly. Because while one person interprets a model's actions one way, that is an entirely subjective opinion. Too many members (not saying you because as a mod, you may have more insight into that specific room than 90% of other members!) think that because a model isn't working in a way that makes THEM happy, it means it isn't working at all. And they try to convince the model to change up their game in a way that suits their own preferences. Because we can't always trust members to be completely subjective, models have to be more aware of their own room and the way their actions are being interpreted. They have to police their own rooms because they can see the full picture that most members can't. And so I think experienced models are typically way more aware of how their intentions come across than the members themselves.

For example... Take social media/Twitter. I see some models chronically crying, posting about hardship they are trying to overcome such as late bills, not being able to eat, doctors/vet bills, etc. Some people may look at their actions and get turned off, seeing desperation and sadness and stress. Others will view their actions with sympathy or pity, wanting to rescue that model from their hardship, wanting to help ease their struggles. Just because that model's actions may not land well with one group of members, doesn't mean they aren't reaching their target audience: i.e., white knights. Being a damsel in distress can be a turn off for many, but it can be a lucrative way to hustle too. I try to keep that in mind when I see a model's strategy pushing me away. It's just a reminder that I'm not a part of the crowd they are intending to connect with.

Another example is camming. One girl may be abrasive and aloof on cam. Many members may be turned off and leave the room. But if she's going the Femdom route, this can be a better strategy. Because being friendly and happy and go-lucky can turn off some of the subs she is trying to reach. So just because her actions are not resonating with a typical member, it doesn't mean she isn't reaching her intended target audience. It just means that member isn't a part of that audience, y'know? And that's okay too.

But models are human. And even the most experienced model can have off days or even off weeks. And sometimes, things don't land. But pointing that out to them isn't typically helpful. Because most models are AWARE that things aren't landing, that they aren't connecting the way that they want to, but because of outside reasons, it just isn't working. Maybe they're dealing with outside stress, maybe they are trying to paint a smile over depression, maybe they are not feeling well - there can be a lot of factors that can contribute to an Off-Day. And pointing out that they are not connecting with her audience... That's only going to bring more stress and anxiety and sadness, even if the intentions are good.

So yeah. I think moooost experienced models are typically very aware of how they are being perceived, because honestly, that's what the job depends on! But off-days/weeks happen to everyone sometimes, so pointing it out may not always be the most helpful of actions!
Thank you for all of this information. Yes, while I am well aware of every very valid point you make and would never even attempt to try to "help" a model I didn't personally know would be receptive to me, I was just wondering if models think about perception. To your great credit, you do. Proud to know you!

Thank you for all of this information. Yes, while I am well aware of every very valid point you make and would never even attempt to try to "help" a model I didn't personally know would be receptive to me, I was just wondering if models think about perception. To your great credit, you do. Proud to know you!
Models are people. We are all different, some of us think a lot about stuff some dont. Maybe just enjoy our entertainment and dont study us. :/ this feels condescending honestly.

Models are people. We are all different, some of us think a lot about stuff some dont. Maybe just enjoy our entertainment and dont study us. :/ this feels condescending honestly.

Yep I read it as condescending. I can gauge by interactions and quite frankly, there are plenty of other models to watch if my particular cam personality doesn’t vibe with what you want. Telling someone their personality isn’t being received well would make them pissed off or self conscious. Those are two things you don’t want a model to be.

My apologies if you see it as condescending. That is not my intention. You see, I was once an entertainer myself. A musician in a band. I knew many other musicians and performers. Sometimes I would find a performer who was extremely talented but wasn't as successful as they should be. Sometimes it was because they were doing, saying or acting in a way they thought was entertaining but was not seen that way by audiences. I see the same thing with cam models. Some do things that are diametrically opposite of what they should be doing. For instance, an extremely lovely looking model who comes on way too strong with sexual suggestions as soon as you start to chat with her. It just doesn't "fit" the viewers preconception. Just as many models find it off-putting when a viewer bursts into the room and obnoxiously starts making demands for sexual activity, some models do this to viewers who are still in the "getting to know you" mode. It makes me wonder why. I am just trying to understand things that don't make sense to me, not trying to offend anyone. My current hypothesis is that the models don't consider how they are seen by others. It is only a hypothesis, not a fact.

Reactions: Mila_
Yep I read it as condescending. I can gauge by interactions and quite frankly, there are plenty of other models to watch if my particular cam personality doesn’t vibe with what you want. Telling someone their personality isn’t being received well would make them pissed off or self conscious. Those are two things you don’t want a model to be.
Let me make myself clear. I have never nor would I ever presume to tell such a thing to a model I didn't know well. Even then, only if she is receptive to constructive criticism or asks my opinion. I am not a heel.

There are so many goals for each model and so many ways and variable's to reach those goals it is hard to say what will work. Add in the effect of the diverse audience of members. it is hard to say what perception is right but it always goes back to the goals of the model and the means they have. How many models have bumbled along, and figured it out. The resources a model uses is vast, including this site, other models are probably their best resources. Members can be but we don't sit on their side of the camera. I have had a few models over the years ask my my thoughts, but it is just my thoughts. Some hate my thoughts, some value them. The successful ones listen to many sources. Most have the ability to figure it out with out me, I think that is the key, they have to realize they have what it takes.

There are so many goals for each model and so many ways and variable's to reach those goals it is hard to say what will work. Add in the effect of the diverse audience of members. it is hard to say what perception is right but it always goes back to the goals of the model and the means they have. How many models have bumbled along, and figured it out. The resources a model uses is vast, including this site, other models are probably their best resources. Members can be but we don't sit on their side of the camera. I have had a few models over the years ask my my thoughts, but it is just my thoughts. Some hate my thoughts, some value them. The successful ones listen to many sources. Most have the ability to figure it out with out me, I think that is the key, they have to realize they have what it takes.
I agree.

You asked how other models deal with this and I wouldn’t from the feedback from one viewer. I constantly evaluate my show, look at the metrics and cam score, followers etc and most successful models look at the big picture. every model is different in terms of how they do their thing. Being super sweet or super dominate wouldn’t work for me as it would be completely fake. There is no way feedback from one single viewer would be enough data points to change something as basic as personality. Every one is going to have a bad day or bitchy day. Maybe there’s too many rude comments or someone said something hurtful and it’s in the back of her mind. If a model isn’t already self evaluating her hustle to see where she could improve, she’s not looking at the big picture and probably isn’t being successful long term. I just would be turned off if someone thought they could tell me how I could better come across and I didn’t ask for feedback. Asking for feedback is completely different.

Reactions: Lunasha
You asked how other models deal with this and I wouldn’t from the feedback from one viewer. I constantly evaluate my show, look at the metrics and cam score, followers etc and most successful models look at the big picture. every model is different in terms of how they do their thing. Being super sweet or super dominate wouldn’t work for me as it would be completely fake. There is no way feedback from one single viewer would be enough data points to change something as basic as personality. Every one is going to have a bad day or bitchy day. Maybe there’s too many rude comments or someone said something hurtful and it’s in the back of her mind. If a model isn’t already self evaluating her hustle to see where she could improve, she’s not looking at the big picture and probably isn’t being successful long term. I just would be turned off if someone thought they could tell me how I could better come across and I didn’t ask for feedback. Asking for feedback is completely different.
Please understand that I am not saying that anyone should be critical of a model's work. I am not suggesting they are doing something they should not be. I am only curious if they ever consider how what they are presenting is being received. It could be regarding any part of their presentation. It is something all artists need to consider. This series of posts is a good example. There is what I Intended by my question, there is what others perceive my intention to be. There is what I am asking about and what others think I am asking about. It happens all the time in any interaction. I just wonder if models are aware of this and if they take it into consideration. I am not being critical, just curious. I never suggested nor would I think it wise, for a model to accept criticism from a viewer.

Edit: I wrote a bunch then decided it was better to answer you with your own question.

Do you consider how you are being percieved when you write these. Your intentions might be good like you said, but you are coming across condescending. I know better and I know what you should be doing even though I dont know you at all and I don't know what your actual goals are or why you talk the way you do. But I know what you should be doing better and my hypothesis is that members who post stuff like this do not think about how their posts will be percieved by the models they intend them for

Last edited:
Should be doing depends on the goal. I consider how I am percieved plenty. I also consider avoiding burn out, my mental health, avoiding PTSD triggers, having fun, my artistic/creative goals.

Listen I'm all for analyzing your business but your hypothesis is insulting and far too broad. Some Models are simply trying to survive. Some are mostly trying something new out. Some are treating it like a business. Some are treating it like a job. Some like an art project.

Of course we think about how we are percieved. Sometimes, even knowing that it may be negative we do it anyway.
By my saying "should be doing" is in reference to perception. Whenever anyone first lays eyes on another person, they immediately form a low resolution image of what to expect. My reference was to models you project a specific image, thus creating an expectation in the viewer but then act or speak in a way that doesn't fit. There are not a lot of models who fit that description but the ones who do are actually working against their own best interest. Obviously, this is my unsolicited opinion and should be considered as such but it isn't without value. I am solidly in the target audience many models are seeking. Older male, who actively participates in chat and has disposable income that I can be quite generous with. I am also a gentleman. A truly rare commodity these days. BTW-my hypothesis is broad. The only way to narrow it down to improve it is by asking questions. Please, don't take offense. I actually care about models and wish them to succeed.

By my saying "should be doing" is in reference to perception. Whenever anyone first lays eyes on another person, they immediately form a low resolution image of what to expect. My reference was to models you project a specific image, thus creating an expectation in the viewer but then act or speak in a way that doesn't fit. There are not a lot of models who fit that description but the ones who do are actually working against their own best interest. Obviously, this is my unsolicited opinion and should be considered as such but it isn't without value. I am solidly in the target audience many models are seeking. Older male, who actively participates in chat and has disposable income that I can be quite generous with. I am also a gentleman. A truly rare commodity these days. BTW-my hypothesis is broad. The only way to narrow it down to improve it is by asking questions. Please, don't take offense. I actually care about models and wish them to succeed.

I see u saw this before I deleted it and put up a question instead. Oh well. As I figured, you missed the point. What is their best interest? How on earth could you know what that is?

Please think about how your posts are perceived. Discussing marketing, etc has value but the way you phrase things here is consistently being percieved as other than you intend.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I see u saw this before I deleted it and put up a question instead. Oh well. As I figured, you missed the point. What is their best interest? How on earth could you know what that is?

Please think about how your posts are perceived. Discussing marketing, etc has value but the way you phrase things here is consistently being percieved as other than you intend.
No problem. Thanks for the input. It is very helpful.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
For instance, an extremely lovely looking model who comes on way too strong with sexual suggestions as soon as you start to chat with her. It just doesn't "fit" the viewers preconception. Just as many models find it off-putting when a viewer bursts into the room and obnoxiously starts making demands for sexual activity, some models do this to viewers who are still in the "getting to know you" mode. It makes me wonder why. I am just trying to understand things that don't make sense to me, not trying to offend anyone.

My current hypothesis is that the models don't consider how they are seen by others. It is only a hypothesis, not a fact.

The line that I bolded is what makes this thread feel very patronizing, if not condescending.

It would be like if I were an audience member at one of your shows, someone who had never written music or picked up a guitar or performed on stage. Maybe you were in a jam band and I was a metalhead . Because of that, I didn't like your performance, and simply thought that you didn't know how to do your job and that you didn't care about what your audience thinks of you. And I thought that I knew better on how you should act in order to be successful. Nevermind the fact that you probably have an audience who digs your grooves and your style - because you didn't perform to MY preferences, I assume you don't know how to do your job.

And I went to a forum of musicians and asked them, "Do musicians not think about how how their audience perceive them?"

Those musicians would be all like, WTF. Because you might as well be saying they don't know how to do their jobs. Because their entire job depends on knowing how the audience perceives them and their art, and that is why they present themselves in a certain way. And it is the same for cam models.

A cam model's job depends on being aware of how members view them. That's why some models create specific personas while others want to be themselves, and find others who enjoy them just as they are. Models keep it in mind when they choose shows that will appeal to members, the videos they shoot, the lighting they choose to highlight themselves, the way they conduct themselves on social media. Our entire job is being aware of how members perceive us, and discovering the right members who appreciate our style and our personalities and all that we offer. We can't appeal to everyone, and it would be exhausting to try. A vast majority of members understand that, and instead of trying to mold us into their dream girl, they appreciate our gifts or leave and find someone better suited.

When you say you are convinced that models don't know how they appear to their audience because they don't perform according to your expectations... It's strange that you aren't considering the fact that most models already know what they are doing. That they may be appealing to members who are not you. But instead of considering that, your conclusion is that models don't know how they come across. That is what comes across as very patronizing, even if that may not be your intention.

That is what I meant earlier when I spoke about members' opinions being subjective. In the example you have, it is your biased opinion. It is not fact. But not all other members feel the same as you. For every member who wants a slower, more realistic connection, there is a member who wants it hardcore sexual from the get go. So you can't think that you know better on how a model should run her room, just because her style is different than what you prefer. This is her job. She knows what she wants. She knows who she is trying to attract. She is acting in specific ways for specific reasons.

Just because models don't conduct themselves according to one member's personal desires, it doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. It just means that member aren't their target audience. Almost every member who comes across claiming they know what ALLLL members what, and therefore think models should change their style to appeal to them... They are all incredibly biased, and usually rooted in unintentional self-indulgence. Instead of appreciating the model for herself, they want her to change to be their dream model. But if she changes to become what one member wants, she might ostrasize another member. Because every member wants something different. So it is silly to assume that every member wants the same thing.

Instead of wanting a model to change her style in order to appeal to you, perhaps you should simply find another model who already meets your desires. And don't just assume she doesn't know how she is being perceived, because you might as well be saying she doesn't know how to do her job. In my opinion, that's the implication I am getting from your statements, whether you are intending so or not.

The line that I bolded is what makes this thread feel very patronizing, if not condescending.

It would be like if I were an audience member at one of your shows, someone who had never written music or picked up a guitar or performed on stage. Maybe you were in a jam band and I was a metalhead . Because of that, I didn't like your performance, and simply thought that you didn't know how to do your job and that you didn't care about what your audience thinks of you. And I thought that I knew better on how you should act in order to be successful. Nevermind the fact that you probably have an audience who digs your grooves and your style - because you didn't perform to MY preferences, I assume you don't know how to do your job.

And I went to a forum of musicians and asked them, "Do musicians not think about how how their audience perceive them?"

Those musicians would be all like, WTF. Because you might as well be saying they don't know how to do their jobs. Because their entire job depends on knowing how the audience perceives them and their art, and that is why they present themselves in a certain way. And it is the same for cam models.

A cam model's job depends on being aware of how members view them. That's why some models create specific personas while others want to be themselves, and find others who enjoy them just as they are. Models keep it in mind when they choose shows that will appeal to members, the videos they shoot, the lighting they choose to highlight themselves, the way they conduct themselves on social media. Our entire job is being aware of how members perceive us, and discovering the right members who appreciate our style and our personalities and all that we offer. We can't appeal to everyone, and it would be exhausting to try. A vast majority of members understand that, and instead of trying to mold us into their dream girl, they appreciate our gifts or leave and find someone better suited.

When you say you are convinced that ... It's strange that you aren't considering the fact that most models already know what they are doing. That they may be appealing to members who are not you. But instead of considering that, your conclusion is that models don't know how they come across. That is what comes across as very patronizing, even if that may not be your intention.

That is what I meant earlier when I spoke about members' opinions being subjective. In the example you have, it is your biased opinion. It is not fact. But not all other members feel the same as you. For every member who wants a slower, more realistic connection, there is a member who wants it hardcore sexual from the get go. So you can't think that you know better on how a model should run her room, just because her style is different than what you prefer. This is her job. She knows what she wants. She knows who she is trying to attract. She is acting in specific ways for specific reasons.

Just because models don't conduct themselves according to one member's personal desires, it doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. It just means that member aren't their target audience. Almost every member who comes across claiming they know what ALLLL members what, and therefore think models should change their style to appeal to them... They are all incredibly biased, and usually rooted in unintentional self-indulgence. Instead of appreciating the model for herself, they want her to change to be their dream model. But if she changes to become what one member wants, she might ostrasize another member. Because every member wants something different. So it is silly to assume that every member wants the same thing.

Instead of wanting a model to change her style in order to appeal to you, perhaps you should simply find another model who already meets your desires. And don't just assume she doesn't know how she is being perceived, because you might as well be saying she doesn't know how to do her job. In my opinion, that's the implication I am getting from your statements, whether you are intending so or not.
Wow! A lot to unpack here. First of all, I never said "models don't know how they appear to their audience because they don't perform according to your expectations" , yet this is what you perceived I said. I make no pretense that my opinion about anything is unbiased. Everyone's opinion is biased. Look, I am just asking a question and providing examples of what I am asking about. However, I believe what you are saying is valuable to me. In fact, what you are saying is that how you are perceived DOES matter. That was my point. It truly does. I was just trying to find out if models realize this. You obviously do. So, well done! BTW- I wasn't talking about someone watching a rock band that prefers something else. Rather, I was referring to something more like a singer who tries to be a comedian and is oblivious to the fact that his audience isn't laughing. He may intend to be funny but his audience is only annoyed. That sort of thing. And thank you for taking the time to write such a long response.

Sorry for the double post, but my phone is being extra wonky and not allowing me to edit.

The statement, "Models don't consider how they are perceived by the others" is a bit alienating on a forum filled with models. A better discussion question may have been, "How do you WANT to be perceived by your members? How do you think they ACTUALLY perceive you? Do you do anything special to appeal to or attract your target members?"

I mean, those may be a bit personal for some models to answer in public chat, but it could have helped sate some of your curiosity without alienating models by assuming they don't know what they are doing!

yes but not THIS BUSINESS. keep that in mind.
True, but business nonetheless. Certain principles apply no matter the business. Especially when dealing with the public. For example, it may be annoying to hear someone complain about a product or service but a smart business person realizes that not everyone who is dissatisfied will complain. If there is a problem with a product or service, a lot of customers will simply take there business elsewhere and you will not know why. My only intent is to raise awareness of the perception of the audience. I want models to be successful. That is one way to help that happen.

Sorry for the double post, but my phone is being extra wonky and not allowing me to edit.

The statement, "Models don't consider how they are perceived by the others" is a bit alienating on a forum filled with models. A better discussion question may have been, "How do you WANT to be perceived by your members? How do you think they ACTUALLY perceive you? Do you do anything special to appeal to or attract your target members?"

I mean, those may be a bit personal for some models to answer in public chat, but it could have helped sate some of your curiosity without alienating models by assuming they don't know what they are doing!
Thanks again. In this instance, the way I am being perceived is more important that what anyone says about the issue. I am a work in progress. I am often too direct and try to get to the heart of the matter without considering how it will be perceived. See? I do it, too! I have found many things of value with this question. Among other things, models are more sensitive than I imagined. I will strive to select my words more with care. Believe me, I love you models and want the best for you.

Wow! A lot to unpack here. First of all, I never said "models don't know how they appear to their audience because they don't perform according to your expectations" , yet this is what you perceived I said. I make no pretense that my opinion about anything is unbiased. Everyone's opinion is biased. Look, I am just asking a question and providing examples of what I am asking about. However, I believe what you are saying is valuable to me. In fact, what you are saying is that how you are perceived DOES matter. That was my point. It truly does. I was just trying to find out if models realize this. You obviously do. So, well done! BTW- I wasn't talking about someone watching a rock band that prefers something else. Rather, I was referring to something more like a singer who tries to be a comedian and is oblivious to the fact that his audience isn't laughing. He may intend to be funny but his audience is only annoyed. That sort of thing. And thank you for taking the time to write such a long response.

yeah if a member told me something that wasn't working, i would being fucking miffed. cause that's rude. i tell dumb stupid awkward uncomfortable jokes or incredibly sarcastic because that is my humor. not everyone likes my humor, and it's gonna happen. jokes aren't gonna land.

or if you are trying to be incredibly sexy, and it fails. because that happens a lot. we also see when something doesn't land. because we either get a group of people leave at once, or some asshole has to bring up my awkwardness. so yes we are aware of this. VERY.

True, but business nonetheless. Certain principles apply no matter the business. Especially when dealing with the public. For example, it may be annoying to hear someone complain about a product or service but a smart business person realizes that not everyone who is dissatisfied will complain. If there is a problem with a product or service, a lot of customers will simply take there business elsewhere and you will not know why. My only intent is to raise awareness of the perception of the audience. I want models to be successful. That is one way to help that happen.

if you want models to be successful, TIP THEM. that is what YOU can do as a camsite member. not every model is going to succeed, and it's okay if people fail. this is a haaard haaard industry to stay in and most use their time camming as a transitional period. this whole conversation is really really coming across as condesending, because we are very much aware how people perceive us. i mean christ, the anonymity of the internet has made it a lot easier for people to tell share their opinions. trust me we know.

I don't wish to take offense. When you say "if you want models to be successful, TIP THEM. that is what YOU can do as a camsite member " it could be perceived as you inferring that I don't tip models. But rather than take offence, I choose to assume you are speaking about members in general rather than to me personally. Please try to see my question and replies not as condescending but as "food for thought" because that is my intention. Trust me, pissing off models in not on my agenda at all. I seek to understand what I am seeing. That is all. I am quickly learning that I must choose my words better. That is good to know. I love cam models and wish them only the best. As an aside, you could have chosen to say "If one wants models to be successful...." It is so easy to have one's words misinterpreted and one's intentions misread. I vow to make every effort to improve.

I don't wish to take offense. When you say "if you want models to be successful, TIP THEM. that is what YOU can do as a camsite member " it could be perceived as you inferring that I don't tip models. But rather than take offence, I choose to assume you are speaking about members in general rather than to me personally. Please try to see my question and replies not as condescending but as "food for thought" because that is my intention. Trust me, pissing off models in not on my agenda at all. I seek to understand what I am seeing. That is all. I am quickly learning that I must choose my words better. That is good to know. I love cam models and wish them only the best. As an aside, you could have chosen to say "If one wants models to be successful...." It is so easy to have one's words misinterpreted and one's intentions misread. I vow to make every effort to improve.

you said you wanted to help models, so i told you how you could. i never made the assumption nor stated that you don't tip. if you do, then that is great! keep up to great work, kid!

I perceive this to be the shining pearl of wisdom to be taken from this thread.

In fact it should be #1 on the list of Cam Site Member Commandments.

1. Thou shalt just enjoy our entertainment and don't study us.

👍
I get your point. However, I am also well aware that few models would prefer that we "just enjoy them" without buying what they are selling. If one wishes to cam as a lark, fine. Such models are not the focus of my inquiry. But if the intent is to earn as much as possible in the lest amount of time, thinking about such things is highly recommended. I am only seeking to raise the awareness about the importance of considering how one is being perceived. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.