AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Maybe this already exists but i cant find it anywhere. I want a page that lists all of the emojis you can type in chat so I can pick out the cute ones!!

The best thing to do is to literally just type the word (with a colon first ":") that you THINK would associate with the emoji you want, then it will show a preview of it and other ones similar. Pretty much anything and everything is on there.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is to literally just type the word (with a colon first ":") that you THINK would associate with the emoji you want, then it will show a preview of it and other ones similar. Pretty much anything and everything is on there.
Yea, I know that is currently the only way to locate emojis, but its a pain to scroll through a list of so many random ones and maybe not even find the one im looking for while I'm also doing my show. I wish there was a masterlist of them all. It would also be cool to be able to favorite emojis.

Upvote 0
Yea, I know that is currently the only way to locate emojis, but its a pain to scroll through a list of so many random ones and maybe not even find the one im looking for while I'm also doing my show. I wish there was a masterlist of them all. It would also be cool to be able to favorite emojis.

It would be good if there was a way to see multiple at once in a new tab/window, I do agree. In the preview when you type, it shows what, about 20?
Honestly, I think they need to have some people go through them and delete some/lots but that won't happen.

You could make a direct Suggestion on their SurveyMonkey page (try to describe your vision of it in as much detail as you can, so then they will be able to see the same thing and not think "wtf?" or whatever):

Edit:
Ok I had to look. I was curious.. yes, it's 20 in the preview when you type the colon and a word.
I know when you upload an emoji/image, you need to put it into a category, if we could at least click a category and then use a search within said category, that would be great. I don't think that should be too difficult either.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
It would be good if there was a way to see multiple at once in a new tab/window, I do agree. In the preview when you type, it shows what, about 20?
Honestly, I think they need to have some people go through them and delete some/lots but that won't happen.

To add to the cb emoji topic: It would be cool if they added better mobile support for those. I’m on my phone a lot more often than any other device. I can use emojis/gifs from my phone, but only if I know exactly what they are named. There’s no way to browse or preview like there is on the desktop website, that I am aware of.

I finally memorized the names of 2 or 3 of my favorites, but it wasn’t very user friendly.

Upvote 0
Would be great to be able to message followers

Upvote 0

I am still at a loss why they don't offer this feature still.
Everywhere else offers it. It's not like they are not already storing our messages, so it's not like it's a space/server issue in that respect.

Upvote 0

Everywhere else offers it. It's not like they are not already storing our messages, so it's not like it's a space/server issue in that respect.

A good reason to not change :/
It's the only site where user can be not bothered by model's messages. And it's always possible and so simple to find another media to dm prefs models when offline.

Upvote 0
A good reason to not change :/
It's the only site where user can be not bothered by model's messages. And it's always possible and so simple to find another media to dm prefs models when offline.

But this is why they SHOULD allow messaging on the website/platform, so things can easily be seen, tracked, monitored and women (and users) can't easily be scammed and exploited. Also, it benefits them more to receive token payment still, by me contacting a model on Twitter DM, or somewhere else, they (or me) may suggest a different payment alternative, which cuts out CB making a profit. There are lots of good reasons why CB should implement one

Upvote 0
But this is why they SHOULD allow messaging on the website/platform, so things can easily be seen, tracked, monitored and women (and users) can't easily be scammed and exploited. Also, it benefits them more to receive token payment still, by me contacting a model on Twitter DM, or somewhere else, they (or me) may suggest a different payment alternative, which cuts out CB making a profit. There are lots of good reasons why CB should implement one

One of the models I follow is under a constant barrage of vitriolic insulting comments which has been going on for the last two years. If CB allowed offline messaging, what would stop someone from creating a dummy account, sending an insulting rude or hurtful message to the model and then deleting that account or abandoning it? Before you say IP Ban - a VPN would get around this scenario.

While the idea of an offline messaging system might be good, how would you suggest situations like this be prevented? I can't in all good conscience support this idea when there are some really hateful and spiteful people out there that will say anything to try and cause emotional suffering and pain to a model and this would only give them a new way to spread their hate.

Limiting it to only registered accounts being able to send perhaps? Supporters could have this option as well - but considering (in my case) the model I follow gets people sending thumbs down messages whilst spending tokens to do so, I dont know if the supporter option would help prevent it.

I can't speak for other sites so I don't know how they manage it, but if something like this were ever implemented, I would hope they have some controls around it. Maybe even allow an option to disable the ability for offline messaging.

Offline tipnotes kinda works for me if I need to pass a message onto a model for whatever reason. And since I am registered, they can just tipnote me back.

Upvote 0
This wouldn't be a way for just random people to message the model offline. It would still be a Premium feature or an option whereby the model must initiate the PM first, or you would be on her friend's list.
My version of this is based on places like Stripchat or BongaCams, and they seem to work fine.

Not sure anywhere just allows the option to create an account and spam models with offline messages, that method would be ridiculous indeed.

Upvote 0
This wouldn't be a way for just random people to message the model offline. It would still be a Premium feature or an option whereby the model must initiate the PM first, or you would be on her friend's list.
My version of this is based on places like Stripchat or BongaCams, and they seem to work fine.

Not sure anywhere just allows the option to create an account and spam models with offline messages, that method would be ridiculous indeed.
I think the only way to do it would be that you would be able to message a follower. That way if someone is harassing you there is no way you would be following them hence they could not send you a message. If you message them they can reply but they cannot initiate another message (unless you follow them. Also there is the option to block someone.

Upvote 0
I think the only way to do it would be that you would be able to message a follower. That way if someone is harassing you there is no way you would be following them hence they could not send you a message. If you message them they can reply but they cannot initiate another message (unless you follow them. Also there is the option to block someone.

This is how I would expect it.
Other places do offer it to friends, and also to VIP/Premium, but obviously with those, just block/delete. Then any new account they make they either have to buy premium and/or befriend you. And the latter of those, you can be strict and simply not just accept anyone's friend request (obviously CB doesn't have a friend feature anyway, only follow/follow back).

Upvote 0
Would be nice if they add some MFC things - chat log is great so I can rememince about our talks =) And a way to mail within the system so keeps the model and our info safe. MFC Mail is nice! Won a snap chat on a spin - don't even have it or use it but model mfc mailed me her info =) Lets us keep our distance. And would be nice too if the grey's were auto muted - annoying watching a model that maybe didn't set her account up right and all I see is the grey ones posted smack or saying - I'm hot come see me spams.

Upvote 0
and may I add a search function would be nice - mfc has one but cam4.com has a better one - can select say asian, milf, submissive etc etc - and then can save that search so you can pull it up each time etc etc. Tags only on cb - is hard one to narrow things down. Latina has many many pages =) Scrolling is okay but narrowing it down to 10 would help me spend my tokens faster =)

Upvote 0
I've signed up on a few cam sites, trying to figure out how they all work, which one might be best for me, etc. ManyVids now has a Live section in beta and it's so... streamlined, clean, and modern. I really wish Chaturbate (and some other sites) had an overhaul to make the UI less clunky/outdated. And apologies if I haven't figured this out yet - It would be nice to be able to sell our goods right there within the platform, similar to MFC and MV. I don't want to have to link to OF and Panty Deal, for instance, if I want to sell custom media and panties. As far as I can see from my exploration of the platform, it doesn't look like there's a place for that on CB!

Upvote 0
sell custom media and panties. As far as I can see from my exploration of the platform, it doesn't look like there's a place for that on CB
For medias (pics and vids), you may use this from your profile's Bio :
1588955471241.png

Some make a free album with panties pics and prices, some display them in their bios (visit other room's profiles to make an idea)

Upvote 0
One of the models I follow is under a constant barrage of vitriolic insulting comments which has been going on for the last two years. If CB allowed offline messaging, what would stop someone from creating a dummy account, sending an insulting rude or hurtful message to the model and then deleting that account or abandoning it? Before you say IP Ban - a VPN would get around this scenario.

While the idea of an offline messaging system might be good, how would you suggest situations like this be prevented? I can't in all good conscience support this idea when there are some really hateful and spiteful people out there that will say anything to try and cause emotional suffering and pain to a model and this would only give them a new way to spread their hate.

All of this can be engineered away just by giving both sides good options. On the model side, she might not allow messages from any viewer who has not sent at least N tokens to her. She might want to always be the initiator. Whatever. You can design a system to avoid 90% of the obvious bad use cases.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
I have suggested this before, and others suggested third party solutions that simply do not work, and the ones that occasionally work break as CB continues to change its user interface. So I am coming back and asking that CB itself add this feature.

Create a way to automatically send N tokens every M seconds, up to a maximum of T tokens. For example, I might want to send 2 tokens once every 60 seconds, until I have sent 200 tokens. Or maybe I want a yellow wall if the room is doing that. This lets me continue to support the model in the background without having to take the time to send tokens manually.

I have noticed in CB rooms that simply having a background trickle of tokens being sent in a rhythmic pattern increases the bidding activity of other viewers. Sending as little as one token every minute seems to do this. There might be some subtle psychology at work. But I suspect that this feature would create massive return on investment for CB, for the time required to implement it.

Reactions: Herein2020
Upvote 0
I have noticed in CB rooms that simply having a background trickle of tokens being sent in a rhythmic pattern increases the bidding activity of other viewers. Sending as little as one token every minute seems to do this. There might be some subtle psychology at work. But I suspect that this feature would create massive return on investment for CB, for the time required to implement it.

You may have missed this post ; ) (a chrome extension) => https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/rapid-tipping-chrome-extension-chaturbate.36131/

Else, yes, it really seems to work and it's my only way to call for tips in a room (I never call or cry for tips and also never answer 'thanks' instead of the model in few rooms I mod)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
You may have missed this post ; ) (a chrome extension) => https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/rapid-tipping-chrome-extension-chaturbate.36131/

Else, yes, it really seems to work and it's my only way to call for tips in a room (I never call or cry for tips and also never answer 'thanks' instead of the model in few rooms I mod)

I appreciate the link, but the last thing I want to do is give a Chrome extension written by an unknown programmer access to my CB data. The kind of software I would trust would be a massive macro/keystroke script system written by a large software company. Someone here had linked to one of those, but the user-written script for that system was buggy and the author does not respond to email.

I think this capability more than justifies support from CB itself. CB can maintain the feature as its user interface continues to change. CB can advertise the feature to users to make it widely used. And I really believe CB will see improving revenues from a tool like this.

Upvote 0
I appreciate the link, but the last thing I want to do is give a Chrome extension written by an unknown programmer access to my CB data. The kind of software I would trust would be a massive macro/keystroke script system written by a large software company. Someone here had linked to one of those, but the user-written script for that system was buggy and the author does not respond to email.

I think this capability more than justifies support from CB itself. CB can maintain the feature as its user interface continues to change. CB can advertise the feature to users to make it widely used. And I really believe CB will see improving revenues from a tool like this.

There is the Tamper Monkey one, and then go to openuserjs.org and search for Chaturbate to find that version - it still works and it can work the way you want/need

Upvote 0
There is the Tamper Monkey one, and then go to openuserjs.org and search for Chaturbate to find that version - it still works and it can work the way you want/need

I was using the Tamper Monkey script and it broke when CB went to its new interface. You have to go back to the "Default" CB view to work with Tamper Monkey, and that has its own functionality issues. I want to stay with the new CB interface and really think CB should support automatic bidding as a feature.

If CB had a stable UI, and Tamper Monkey was working 99% of the time, then I would go with Tamper Monkey. But given how rapidly the CB UI is evolving, and how frequently Tamper Monkey was breaking, I lost confidence in the script.

Upvote 0
I had to read the whole thread to make sure that I won't second someone's thought.
No regrets, though.

I really want to see who exactly rates me.
There's no need to make the info public. Just the way models would be allowed to see those nicknames.

Does a member have the right to leave a rating after tipping 25 tokens? Yes.

Does a member have the right to thumb a model down, even without obligation to clarify their position/leave a comment? Yes.

Does a model have the right to block someone who thumbed her down? HELL YEAH.

I don't have to guess who thumbed me down and why.
If I am not allowed to know why, I want to know WHO.
I clearly don't want their business (as they might not want mine, at all or no longer).
And I should get the right to see.

CB doesn't have any offline messaging system so there can't be any harm in allowing models to see those nicknames (i.e. no one model is able to bombard a member who left a bad rating with tons of negative offline messages).

PLEASE, DON'T KEEP US GUESSING.

Upvote 0
I SO SO SO Agree with being able to see the usernames attached to the rating!!!
What's the point to have this anonymous and without a given reason.
It just leaves us guessing and makes us (at least me) feel bad & wonder/worry.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
I definitely agree with having our name next to the comment/rating we made for you models but then, I have literally never left a negative rating or comment for any model, regardless of what they did or didn't do or how poor the experience was. Worst case scenario when I have a negative experience is, I just leave but since being a cam member/perv since 2016, I have not once done a 1 star or thumbs down. However, with that said, I do understand why it is anonymous. Too many models would become obsessive with it and maybe track the members down and be horrible and rude to them. Instead of just "oh shit, what a dickhead" and banning them from the room and moving on. I do think if they were to do this though, it would be viewable only to the models and maybe some kind of conditions need to be met for it to happen. Maybe they need to have XX months/Years experience as a model, or receive XX amount of rating/comments (positive or negative)... or I dunno exactly lol.

Saw at stripchat you can go invisible - don't think its offered at Chaturbate? If not would be nice if was.

This is something I have been asking for for a very long time. It would be a nice addition too, for the Supporter Role and make it worth buying. Right now there are no true benefits (except anonymous tipping for me).
I have Gener8 for the Ads, and other people use Ad Blockers anyway, or those who don't, don't care.. and the fact of just having aesthetics for simple font colour change and font typeface... pointless

Upvote 0
As a viewer - the ability to turn off PM if want to so not seem rude when not want to be Pming =) And we really need the tip every few seconds etc commands - they would make so much money with that AND we could focus more on getting our rocks off instead of having to click click click =)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

This is possibly the most annoying thing in the whole world with StripChat; without fail, when you tip a top model, your msg inbox is immediately flooded with invitations from lower ranking models. At least when the time of day is such that a particular camgirl demographic had their morning coffee and are ready to pounce :meh:

On the other hand, I had a days long pm conversation with a Colombian model after such a message, and without showing up in her room even once. I tipped her for her time though, because she had the world's best potty mouth! After fleeing SC it was the feature I missed the most on CB; offline messaging inside the platform. Having messages waiting on SC gave me a sense of occasion!

Upvote 0

Hmm... Stay tuned? Should people who want offline messaging get their hopes up?

That was their responses 10 or so minutes ago. :)

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.