AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

I didn't say you don't have anything useful to say, on the contrary you have information I do not have access to at all because I do not have access to anyone high enough to reach the promo....welll....that takes the time to respond regularly It just doesn't relate to 99.?% of other models.

True about the promo tools but thats not selected at "random" when they enter those top spots and I assume you aren't suggesting they are disappearing off those top listings because that should be easy enough to monitor.
I deleted the 5 page explanation of how everything works and won’t type it again, I don’t think it’s good to share the information publicly and I learned from my experience with other CB adjacent website owners that any information we give you will end up being used in the most creative of ways so now I am more inclined to keep things for M.O exclusively.

Promo tools are more than “embed cam”, the listing is 15 spots by default with the description “15 of the best cams” where some of them match the current top cams and others do not. There is a criteria there at place. 15 spots is the first 3 rows. Affiliates can also increase the spots from a drop down menu. Whitelabels affect the site at large. Participation in all these tools can be turned on and off by cam because models themselves can also opt in and out of the 3rd party advertisement, it wouldn’t need any extra coding.

The time caps exist and the fact you havent noticed it means you do not spend enough time in a room or don’t watch it closely enough. I don’t know how they work or who it affects because all I have is my experience and the experience of other models who are commenting on this thread. I can say it potentially limits anyone hitting around 400 viewers except a few glaring examples and that’s a lot of models, the entire homepage basically. It isn’t a sharp number either.. it’s “around X” and then after stalling there for an hour you gain users at a mad rate for 15 min after hitting the hour until you more than double the number, then it stalls again.

Anyway, I think you think you know more than you do about this and you are getting too big for your britches. And I won’t share any more info. That’s that. Take it any way you wanna.

Upvote 0
Promo tools are more than “embed cam”, the listing is 15 spots by default with the description “15 of the best cams” where some of them match the current top cams and others do not. There is a criteria there at place. 15 spots is the first 3 rows. Affiliates can also increase the spots from a drop down menu. Whitelabels affect the site at large. Participation in all these tools can be turned on and off by cam because models themselves can also opt in and out of the 3rd party advertisement, it wouldn’t need any extra coding.
yes but that would be easily proven.

Upvote 0
I don´t want to leak any information or so but all I can 100% confirm is that Chaturbate´s technical support gave me long time ago the confirmation that CB is "rewarding" models for the time being online.
The more time you spend online the more Cb rewards you. I dont know if they were allowed to told me that but that was a long time ago .

Upvote 0
Maybe I can't bring any new exciting revelations to this thread, I am neither a model nor web developer, my perspective is as a moderator. But like the model I mod, and the models in this thread, I sometimes feel frustrated trying to understand how the traffic moves on CB. But I also understand why CB guards the factors in their ranking algorithm, I guess they fight an ongoing battle with studios trying to circumvent it.

Of course time online is a factor, but I don't think there is a cap on the site itself. I think it is more a matter of how those that use browser or email notifications to know when a certain model is online acts. As a user when I get a notification I don't drop everything to rush online to the model's room, maybe I am driving, working, or standing in line in a store.

What I see when I moderate is that her regulars gradually enter the room during the first couple of hours and then it plateaus, unless there is some action that looks good in the thumbnails or makes the drifters stay in the room.

What makes some sense to me is that those rooms that get promo'd outside the main site gets a sudden boost when they begin to appear in the promos, and of course they will not be in the promos from the moment they go online, there is the matter of spots opening up in the limited number of rooms promoted, and the matter that I would not want to promo a room and risk it goes offline after a short time.

I see a lot of 'I know this or that as a fact' in this thread, I will not claim that but here are some screens of the last weeks shows of the model I moderate, I see no sudden influx of users only a gradual growth, but she still doesn't rank high enough to get used in the promos.

2020-10-14-10-53-07.jpg2020-10-14-10-52-58.jpg2020-10-14-10-52-45.jpg2020-10-14-10-52-29.jpg2020-10-14-10-52-16.jpg2020-10-14-10-52-10.jpg

Upvote 0
Maybe I can't bring any new exciting revelations to this thread, I am neither a model nor web developer, my perspective is as a moderator. But like the model I mod, and the models in this thread, I sometimes feel frustrated trying to understand how the traffic moves on CB. But I also understand why CB guards the factors in their ranking algorithm, I guess they fight an ongoing battle with studios trying to circumvent it.

Of course time online is a factor, but I don't think there is a cap on the site itself. I think it is more a matter of how those that use browser or email notifications to know when a certain model is online acts. As a user when I get a notification I don't drop everything to rush online to the model's room, maybe I am driving, working, or standing in line in a store.

What I see when I moderate is that her regulars gradually enter the room during the first couple of hours and then it plateaus, unless there is some action that looks good in the thumbnails or makes the drifters stay in the room.

What makes some sense to me is that those rooms that get promo'd outside the main site gets a sudden boost when they begin to appear in the promos, and of course they will not be in the promos from the moment they go online, there is the matter of spots opening up in the limited number of rooms promoted, and the matter that I would not want to promo a room and risk it goes offline after a short time.

I see a lot of 'I know this or that as a fact' in this thread, I will not claim that but here are some screens of the last weeks shows of the model I moderate, I see no sudden influx of users only a gradual growth, but she still doesn't rank high enough to get used in the promos.
There are 2 points you made that I want to address..

1) Influx of users: if there aren’t any external factors affecting the outcome what you would expect is a room would behave like your friends: the model logs on, her followers start to arrive over the span of the first 2 hours and you see the numbers steadily increasing. If there are any spikes or sudden influx of users it can be explained by the action she is performing in the moment on cam (a good thumbnail draws in more people) or if she posts that she is online in her social media.. especially the instant kinds like twitter or telegram. Otherwise you would expect a regular pattern like the ones you posted for your friend.

That is not what we are seeing, that is why we find the patterns artificial. What we are seeing is very odd and contradicts common sense and previous experience. What happens to us is you log in, users start to pour in and when you’ve been on for say... 30 min.. you reach 300-400 users and then it stops. You don’t seem to grow in numbers at all. And you can get naked and dance cha-cha and the number stays pretty much the same. Then, when you hit 1 hour online it’s like a switch has been flipped and a serious influx of people swarm to your room at once. We are talking going from 370 to 890 in 10 minutes. And then it stalls again. It doesn’t matter if you post a link to your room on twitter... a few new people will join but the traffic you would expect from the homepage is not growing just stalling. Then you hit hour 2 and suddenly you go from 900 to 2500 in 10 min... it’s not a natural progression. You could argue it’s just luck but when this happens on every broadcast to many different models the chances that it’s just casual are really slim. That is why we all know there is some external factor going on.

Second point: with the promo tools, you say models need to wait for spots to open up in order to be featured and you are right but here is what you do not know: spots only open in 2 moments: when a model who was ranked logs off and when a new hour begins. If this was the cause for the “time caps” then the sudden influx of users would match every sharp hour following the contest resets. It doesn’t. It goes by the time the model herself hit broadcast, so that’s not the issue.

I am the opposite of a feminist and normally I laugh at all their stupid buzzwords but some of you are going to turn me into a believer with all this “mansplaining”. It feels like those doctors who don’t believe you when you tell them your symptoms and send you home. We aren’t stupid, you don’t become a successful model on CB by accident. It takes wit, intuition, a piercing intelligence, perseverance, commitment, hard work. You are a moderator, the other dude coded some page to track times online. Don’t insult our intelligence with your dismissals

Upvote 0
There are 2 points you made that I want to address..

1) Influx of users: if there aren’t any external factors affecting the outcome what you would expect is a room would behave like your friends: the model logs on, her followers start to arrive over the span of the first 2 hours and you see the numbers steadily increasing. If there are any spikes or sudden influx of users it can be explained by the action she is performing in the moment on cam (a good thumbnail draws in more people) or if she posts that she is online in her social media.. especially the instant kinds like twitter or telegram. Otherwise you would expect a regular pattern like the ones you posted for your friend.

That is not what we are seeing, that is why we find the patterns artificial. What we are seeing is very odd and contradicts common sense and previous experience. What happens to us is you log in, users start to pour in and when you’ve been on for say... 30 min.. you reach 300-400 users and then it stops. You don’t seem to grow in numbers at all. And you can get naked and dance cha-cha and the number stays pretty much the same. Then, when you hit 1 hour online it’s like a switch has been flipped and a serious influx of people swarm to your room at once. We are talking going from 370 to 890 in 10 minutes. And then it stalls again. It doesn’t matter if you post a link to your room on twitter... a few new people will join but the traffic you would expect from the homepage is not growing just stalling. Then you hit hour 2 and suddenly you go from 900 to 2500 in 10 min... it’s not a natural progression. You could argue it’s just luck but when this happens on every broadcast to many different models the chances that it’s just casual are really slim. That is why we all know there is some external factor going on.

Second point: with the promo tools, you say models need to wait for spots to open up in order to be featured and you are right but here is what you do not know: spots only open in 2 moments: when a model who was ranked logs off and when a new hour begins. If this was the cause for the “time caps” then the sudden influx of users would match every sharp hour following the contest resets. It doesn’t. It goes by the time the model herself hit broadcast, so that’s not the issue.

I am the opposite of a feminist and normally I laugh at all their stupid buzzwords but some of you are going to turn me into a believer with all this “mansplaining”. It feels like those doctors who don’t believe you when you tell them your symptoms and send you home. We aren’t stupid, you don’t become a successful model on CB by accident. It takes wit, intuition, a piercing intelligence, perseverance, commitment, hard work. You are a moderator, the other dude coded some page to track times online. Don’t insult our intelligence with your dismissals
Sorry if I came across as trying to 'mansplain' to you models, that was not my intention. I just wanted to show what I see in my very limited field of vision hoping it could be useful.

As for the things you address:

1) she only uses browser and email notifications, of course there is a small boost when someone comes in the room and tips for some action. I don't doubt what you experience, I have seen some inexplicable traffic patterns as well.

2) What I was trying to address concerning the promos was that someone suggested that CB put a time cap on when rooms got to be promoted. I am aware of the factors you mention.

But I want to thank you for your response, it is helpful for me to get insights that I can use to help the model, and I think your inputs in general are good

Upvote 0
This discussion is just as confusing as the acutal algorithm. Everyone is noticing weird things but can't seem to prove their point beyond a shadow of doubt.

I can't even get more than 10 users in my room (even if I reach page 1 for males) unless I pay for Promote (and those influx of users mostly just take a quick look and leave, some follow me) or if the room is really chatty like today (which is super rare). Over the 3-3.5 hours the room ebbs and flows. Sometimes it's even quieter the more i get naked and I'm not ugly or out of shape lol. I can never predict if I'm going to get 0 tokens or 100+ tokens. To get multiple tippers is rare. Colored tippers are mostly silent or happy to just compliment me. I'm not sure if the time zone makes a difference (I start at 11pm UTC+8).

The only thing I've noticed that is consistent is less grey users recently and very few spammers in my room. Some models' rooms still get bombarded with greys and spammers, and not always the popular ones, as if targeted for a reason.

Upvote 0
This discussion is just as confusing as the acutal algorithm. Everyone is noticing weird things but can't seem to prove their point beyond a shadow of doubt.

I can't even get more than 10 users in my room (even if I reach page 1 for males) unless I pay for Promote (and those influx of users mostly just take a quick look and leave, some follow me) or if the room is really chatty like today (which is super rare). Over the 3-3.5 hours the room ebbs and flows. Sometimes it's even quieter the more i get naked and I'm not ugly or out of shape lol. I can never predict if I'm going to get 0 tokens or 100+ tokens. To get multiple tippers is rare. Colored tippers are mostly silent or happy to just compliment me. I'm not sure if the time zone makes a difference (I start at 11pm UTC+8).

The only thing I've noticed that is consistent is less grey users recently and very few spammers in my room. Some models' rooms get bombarded with greys and spammers, and not always the popular ones, as if targeted for a reason.
How often do you cam? How long each session? How many years have you been a cam model for? How many sites have you been on?

Upvote 0
You could argue it’s just luck but when this happens on every broadcast to many different models the chances that it’s just casual are really slim. That is why we all know there is some external factor going on.
Every broadcast? to many different models? can you name 3 so I can see what you are referring to?

Upvote 0
How often do you cam? How long each session? How many years have you been a cam model for? How many sites have you been on?

CB only, about 4 months, 2-3 times per week for about 3-3.5 hours. Super quiet room usually. Getting tipped at least 100 tokens is a good day for me.

Upvote 0
I wish someone from Chaturbate would actually talk to us, but this is not going to happen, because they are obviously doing something and are avoiding communication and our questions. Sending a email to CB Tech is just a waste of time because all they do is copy+paste a dumb text "be creative on your shows" "promote on twitter" yeah right...

Upvote 0
CB only, about 4 months, 2-3 times per week for about 3-3.5 hours. Super quiet room usually. Getting tipped at least 100 tokens is a good day for me.
Well it’s normal for people to get silent when you get naked or sexy things are happening because those who like you “get busy” and those who aren’t in the mood for it but would otherwise socialize don’t feel like it’s the right moment for it. So it’s usually common for rooms to fall silent when a show is going on. I am not sure how it goes for slow/small rooms other than that but my one piece of advice is to focus on building relationships with your viewers so they come back and you build a small community... then it is them who will rush when login to come see you and boost your placement. It also makes it for a much more enjoyable experience for the model to have familiar faces and people you like hanging out which translates into happy vibes which attracts more viewers and so on and so on. As for detecting patterns I don’t think it’s easy to do unless you have a dynamic established and then you see activity that completely contradicts what you know to be a reliable indicator in your room.. so 4 months and 6 hours a week I’d say is not enough time to see patterns and what is natural vs artificial. Your lack of traffic could be simply due to bad luck or a poor show structure or bad thumbnails cause you don’t know yet how to pose for them...

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Well my room was super chatty today, I got some new followers and 130 tokens so pretty good by my usual standards. I've been logging my tokens received and on what day of the week since i started but the results come out looking random so far.

One thing I like to do is tip models I like who's rooms are quiet. I find more often than not all it takes is a few small tips and suddenly the room comes to life, the amount of users sometimes doubles or triples and others start tipping.... almost like some people are too shy to tip if no one else is.

I am definitely keeping a closer eye out for patterns in my room and other model's rooms after reading this thread.

Upvote 0
About 15-20 minutes ago I hit a brick wall, almost 3 hours after starting. Just a few models and anonymous users left in my room. Not a single regular user popping in and out. Mostly just the 1 guy who tipped but he left over an hour ago. Not sure if the timing is significant.

It's 2am so I'm calling it quits.

Upvote 0
We'd like to reinforce that there are no 'traffic caps' on Chaturbate. Additionally please note that if you have the "appear on network sites" option set to "No" in your profile, you will not receive affiliate traffic, or appear on any whitelabel sites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We'd like to reinforce that there are no 'traffic caps' on Chaturbate. Additionally please note that if you have the "appear on network sites" option set to "No" in your profile, you will not receive affiliate traffic, or appear on any whitelabel sites.

why did I lose 90% of my traffic since March/april and no matter what I do I can’t get viewers? You guys clearly did something to my account, there are many people with the same issue as mine on WeCamGirls / Chaturbate reviews. Sorry but it’s not normal for a model to lose almost 100% of the traffic and keeps going months like this. You never have a explanation, neither does Chaturbate Tech Support, so I will keep believing and spreading for everyone I know that chaturbate does control the traffic

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0
why did I lose 90% of my traffic since March/april and no matter what I do I can’t get viewers? You guys clearly did something to my account, there are many people with the same issue as mine on WeCamGirls / Chaturbate reviews. Sorry but it’s not normal for a model to lose almost 100% of the traffic and keeps going months like this. You never have a explanation, neither does Chaturbate Tech Support, so I will keep believing and spreading for everyone I know that chaturbate does control the traffic
They will never come clean - and tbh it is INSULTING AF for them to just come in and say "We don't....." when it is obvious from all of the feedback on this thread that YES, CB ABSOLUTELY DOES do SOMETHING to influence traffic.

It's insulting AF. This manipulation is fucking with peoples lives and their incomes. Minimizing each individual's factual first hand experience with the site using a 1 sentence dismissal is plain awful and borders on psychological warfare - especially when an individual has stated that they have suffered a crippling loss of income. (Me: My arm is broken and falling off! CB: No it isn't....you are imagining it.)

Why would we be wasting so much time in here complaining and bitching to each other about these things if they weren't real? I have better things to do with my time then debate something that doesn't exist. This DOES exist, it is hurting REAL PEOPLE and I'm angry about it so it is most certainly worth my time to come in here and bitch - because it is a REAL ISSUE..

I was kicking ass when I started there and 9 months in was doing pretty damn well cruising along merrily - little dip in summer 2019 but I found other ways to compensate for the smaller drop in traffic/income (again they correlate) - them BOOM! I get to 33K followers and lose 95% of my traffic - uh, does not compute LOL. They won't admit it - they never will...........

I know Punker_Barbie needs to keep her job so this isn't directed at her - I'm not one to shoot the messenger, I get that you are the spokesperson - it's directed at the site.

Reactions: Walkergrogan
Upvote 0
I will throw in something I don't know if this will add to anything..spam bots will hit rooms once they pass the 30 users. That is the trigger point from my observation

THERE is some sort of traffic throttle, if you enter a room via the same ip say via tor browser, and open a new copy of the room in multiple tabs after about 35 tabs you will get rejected but wait a few mins and you can open more.

none of this is probably new to people who have picked over the site and experimented in how it all works.

Upvote 0
So what if an affiliate was sending too much anon traffic.. and they got put on a "timeout" for say 1 hour.. that may lead to waves of traffic.. just a little theory

Upvote 0

Thank your Shirley for your response.

My first 2 months I had it set to no. The last 2 months I have had it set to yes but it hasn't really had an impact on my room. The small amount of extra traffic I can attribute to clickthroughs from my twitter account I also set up 2 months ago. Would be correct in assuming the affiliate network favors female models or does it take more time to work?

Upvote 0

I really think you should start over and make sure you broadcast in HD because your video right now is low resolution 640x480 and it says 30fps but it has the occasional slow down.

I will throw in something I don't know if this will add to anything..spam bots will hit rooms once they pass the 30 users. That is the trigger point from my observation

THERE is some sort of traffic throttle, if you enter a room via the same ip say via tor browser, and open a new copy of the room in multiple tabs after about 35 tabs you will get rejected but wait a few mins and you can open more.

none of this is probably new to people who have picked over the site and experimented in how it all works.
So what if an affiliate was sending too much anon traffic.. and they got put on a "timeout" for say 1 hour.. that may lead to waves of traffic.. just a little theory

They have several anti abuse systems in place but nothing that would prevent affiliate traffic from coming in........ 🤔 nothing that would prevent legit affiliate traffic coming in that isnt super shady and bound to be banned by whoever you are paying for traffic. :giggle:

Upvote 0
In that case, could it be a bug or a glitch that is affecting some rooms? Those of us with strange traffic patterns or the time sensitive traffic increase could send support the data so you can investigate what is happening?

Upvote 0
@cbhours explain this then

"THERE is some sort of traffic throttle, if you enter a room via the same ip say via tor browser, and open a new copy of the room in multiple tabs after about 35 tabs you will get rejected but wait a few mins and you can open more." because that sure sounds like something that temporarily throttles some traffic"

whats to stop it being missused for anon traffic bots, sure they dont count in the rankings, but i see some on the homepage with 11000 users and 10200 of them are ANONS thats fake b.s traffic why dont they filter it

Upvote 0
They will never come clean - and tbh it is INSULTING AF for them to just come in and say "We don't....." when it is obvious from all of the feedback on this thread that YES, CB ABSOLUTELY DOES do SOMETHING to influence traffic.

It's insulting AF. This manipulation is fucking with peoples lives and their incomes. Minimizing each individual's factual first hand experience with the site using a 1 sentence dismissal is plain awful and borders on psychological warfare - especially when an individual has stated that they have suffered a crippling loss of income. (Me: My arm is broken and falling off! CB: No it isn't....you are imagining it.)

Nothing is obvious, all we know is what some models have experienced, but that in no way is any sort of proof that CB is directly manipulating traffic. Perhaps something is going on, but it's yet to be seen what that actually is and what the source of it is.

Also I can't for the life of me imagine why CB would purposely want to limit the traffic of a model who is doing well and making money which in turn makes them money.

Upvote 0
How could a cap work? What happens when a user wants to open a room that has reached the cap? Can he not enter? I don't see how this could be possible.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't personally "feel" like there's a specific "cap" in place, yet I have experienced certain thresholds quite obviously and very specifically tied to full hours. So not sure what that's about or how it happens.
Honestly just might be a function of the rank I'm at (which ties into the workings of the algorithm) at that specific time & the visibility that brings (or not), but once you're on the frontpage you'd expect that effect to be less, but it doesn't appear to be (?). and the specific timing is just strange. I think that's the thing that makes people go "hmm that does not seem organic"

If it's true that time is a factor (and I think so, even though some here apparently are very sure that it's not ;p) then that might just be the explanation that makes the most sense, and maybe this time factor in the algorithm has more impact for some of us (due to the nature of our rooms) so we see a bigger impact of it.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
Also I can't for the life of me imagine why CB would purposely want to limit the traffic of a model who is doing well and making money which in turn makes them money.

If the cap is tied to the promo tools and not to some malfunction then it makes complete sense:

Chaturbate pays affiliates a lot to bring traffic to the site. If I was a sponsor like CB spending a lot of resources in this type of advertising I would want to maximize the returns for the investment. My main concern would be that the models displayed in the advertisements would be effective in bringing in traffic and driving conversions. For this reason and since this traffic isn’t organic but bought by CB, I would consider it ethical to filter which models will be showcased in the advertisements and which models will be excluded.

For this purpose I think the time constraints are tied to the promo tools and the reason for it is you want the models displayed in the iframes to be in the middle of the action, with active rooms so when potential customers see the ads they think something exciting is happening and are more inclined to click and later register. The beginning of a show is usually the model fully clothed greeting her regulars and it’s better to showcase them when their goals have been met and something is actually happening. For many models this won’t happen until hour 2 or 3. The time constraints would be of benefit to CB and models who get temporary excluded this way would still get the organic traffic from the site like everybody else, so you wouldn’t be hurting their bottom line, since users already registered to the site will find them just the same, you are only limiting their capacity to climb on the homepage.

Upvote 0
If the cap is tied to the promo tools and not to some malfunction then it makes complete sense:

Chaturbate pays affiliates a lot to bring traffic to the site. If I was a sponsor like CB spending a lot of resources in this type of advertising I would want to maximize the returns for the investment. My main concern would be that the models displayed in the advertisements would be effective in bringing in traffic and driving conversions. For this reason and since this traffic isn’t organic but bought by CB, I would consider it ethical to filter which models will be showcased in the advertisements and which models will be excluded.

For this purpose I think the time constraints are tied to the promo tools and the reason for it is you want the models displayed in the iframes to be in the middle of the action, with active rooms so when potential customers see the ads they think something exciting is happening and are more inclined to click and later register. The beginning of a show is usually the model fully clothed greeting her regulars and it’s better to showcase them when their goals have been met and something is actually happening. For many models this won’t happen until hour 2 or 3. The time constraints would be of benefit to CB and models who get temporary excluded this way would still get the organic traffic from the site like everybody else, so you wouldn’t be hurting their bottom line, since users already registered to the site will find them just the same, you are only limiting their capacity to climb on the homepage.

That makes sense, though in that scenario I'm guessing it wouldn't translate to traffic decline seen by models who don't have huge followings, unless I'm wrong and CB promotes non-top models

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.