AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for OBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArianaFoxxx

Cam Model
Oct 10, 2020
California
Twitter Username
@arianafoxxx_
MFC Username
ArianaFoxxx
Hey there! So I was going to switch to OBS streaming but I’m not very tech savvy so I’m a little hesitant on doing it lol I’ve been reading up on it on MFC Wiki and they stated that a hard wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Does anyone have experience with it working with just your wifi or is it not strong enough for OBS? Any advice/tips are much appreciated 💚

Hey there! So I was going to switch to OBS streaming but I’m not very tech savvy so I’m a little hesitant on doing it lol I’ve been reading up on it on MFC Wiki and they stated that a hard wired Ethernet connection is recommended. Does anyone have experience with it working with just your wifi or is it not strong enough for OBS? Any advice/tips are much appreciated 💚

If you haven't been experiencing wifi related connection issues than it will be fine. The important thing for OBS is just have have the right settings, but before you choose them, what are you aiming for in terms of resolution and FPS?

Reactions: ArianaFoxxx
Upvote 0
If you’re streaming on only one single camsite you should be fine with just using just WiFi for OBS. My internet is sometimes still unstable even with Ethernet connection but lately it’s been pretty stable. Focus more on having high upload speeds to prevent dealing with laggy slow quality live-streams.

Upvote 0
If you haven't been experiencing wifi related connection issues than it will be fine. The important thing for OBS is just have have the right settings, but before you choose them, what are you aiming for in terms of resolution and FPS?
as far as resolution whatever would give the best quality that it’ll give and I’m not familiar with what FPS is :/

Upvote 0
as far as resolution whatever would give the best quality that it’ll give and I’m not familiar with what FPS is :/

FPS = Frames Per Second

If possible, switching to a physical ethernet cable connection instead of wifi will be benficial as sometimes the signal gets intermittent. If you move around, and you don't have many devices on your wifi, you should be okay.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.