AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up to onlyfans recently

I didn't realise girls promo other girls on their feeds, fair enough though makes sense

But jesus some of these promos are very explicit "here's an upclose vaginal shot + plenty of fluids" - just vagina no face, nor even body

I made a suggestion to OnlyFans that they give us models (or "creators," as we're called) the option to block fellow models from subscribing to us if we wish. Because my OF inbox used to get spammed too (but not with the pussy shots you're talking about).

But speaking of up-close pussy shots, I've unfollowed models on Twitter who get a bit "retweet-happy" and keep retweeting other models' up-close spread pussy shots. Yeah, I don't need to constantly see that on my timeline. Lol.

I've unfollowed models on Twitter who get a bit "retweet-happy" and keep retweeting other models' up-close spread pussy shots.
and immediate unfollow if they RT dick pics for any reason. I'm pretty picky about what I see in my timeline.

Tiny update to my previous message about the idiot knight:

The model said she had a word with him for me to tell him to stop.
Yet, last night after that, and also just now:

5:43 PM CliffK1955 @myname still not helping asshole

CliffK1955 has tipped 100 tk
"This is for the asshole that never helps you"

5:48 PM CliffK1955 @myname asshole

I hope something can be done to stop this guy doing this, surely it's slander or something right?

I hope something can be done to stop this guy doing this, surely it's slander or something right?
I feel like she didn't tell him that you actually DO spend money on her and tip her. She maybe just said "stop bothering him". The whole point is to let the guy know that you aren't an unspending asshole.

It's honest but annoying: Your with someone thinking you have some good vibes going, then she gets a call and lights up when she has her conversation. When she goes back to you, you realize it's just work for her. But when I am at work and get a call, I say hi and then say i will get back to you meaning the caller. So there I am having to decide between my pride and hard dick. The hard dick usually wins...and you girls must know that. But that's annoying!!

It's honest but annoying: Your with someone thinking you have some good vibes going, then she gets a call and lights up when she has her conversation. When she goes back to you, you realize it's just work for her. But when I am at work and get a call, I say hi and then say i will get back to you meaning the caller. So there I am having to decide between my pride and hard dick. The hard dick usually wins...and you girls must know that. But that's annoying!!
It's hard to tell what you mean by calls....do you mean you would like for them to turn down shows if you are chatting with them?

Happened to me recently. I tipped this Colombian model 400 tokens and asked her to do something sexy. She looked very uninterested, but touched herself a bit, mostly keeping an eye on her computer screen though. Around 3 minutes later, she tells me, she got an emergency call from her sister and has to go offline. And away she was. I sure didn't heard a phone ring or her even looking at her phone. 🙄
Oh well another model off my list to visit.

*cue loaded question*

I am curious! As a model or member, do you think the most annoying thing is that a model can do? It can be either on or off cam.

I'll start with my top two:

It really weirds me out when a model starts to blame viewers for not giving her enough money. I am all for a lady saying, "If we don't reach the goal in X minutes I'm out of here", but it is another matter entirely to see a model say, "wtf is wrong with you people? Why aren't you giving me money? This is an amazing show and it's not going to be my fault if it doesn't get started." That is probably the biggest thing that makes me not want to tip. I just feel bad and guilty and I want to leave.

My other one is when a lady uses photos from other women to promote her own stuff. Especially on Tumblr it is REALLY common for models to reblog/reuse photos from other models and sex workers, and then add her own information and links to the text. Usually all I can think of is, "if this chick can't create her own decent content, won't everyone be disappointed when they find out the promo picture is so much better than the real thing?"
Crack heads

Happened to me recently. I tipped this Colombian model 400 tokens and asked her to do something sexy. She looked very uninterested, but touched herself a bit, mostly keeping an eye on her computer screen though. Around 3 minutes later, she tells me, she got an emergency call from her sister and has to go offline. And away she was. I sure didn't heard a phone ring or her even looking at her phone. 🙄

"Do something sexy" is so vague. I get the part about being annoyed at her looking very uninterested, but did you tip her with the expectation of her touching herself for longer than 3 minutes? Looking at the computer screen while touching yourself is normal. Even in private shows where the guy wants me to use my vibrator, I still have to look at the screen because the guy is always typing something to me while I'm trying to please myself. Lol. Like asking me to get into the doggystyle position. And then of course when I do that, I have to keep turning my head to see what else this guy is telling me to do.

I've always played the part of devils-advocate and tend to remain optimistic in situations that have others clamoring about and preparing for imminent chaos... not that i necessarily enjoy or go out of my way to do these things.. the one thing that stays constant between them are the facts. facts are friggin great!

Now i know this isn't an ideal situation for you and i am not trying to make light of that fact by any means!! (But i bet you at least smile, laugh, or at least agree by the time you read this!)

So, keeping this in mind, let's take a look at what's posted below from a different perspective, shall we?

Fact #1 - This guy just gave the cam model more money, there are negative connotations involved, yes, but we can find some *good* when we step back and look at it!

Fact #2 - He is wrong - he doesn't know you and the fact is you *do* donate to her

Fact #3 - You know who you are, what you do, and that you're not an asshole.

Fact #4 - I can't call the following, which very much my opinion, a fact! -- The guy obviously has a chip on his shoulder which stem these poignant ego issues that have him hanging out in multiple streams as a knight and no doubt acting the same way with other people, any chance he gets. It seems as if everyone else who doesn't tip what he does and when he wants them to are automatically deemed lesser than him and his well-off financially, gallantly respectable knight status. My friend, people like this guy usually don't have a damn thing going for them, don't have any money to speak of, can't afford what they're sending to begin with. They do this to show off and attempt to gleam, hoping someone notices so they get the attention they crave.. the sweet release of endorphins so they can feel good about themselves and mask the ill truth. So just to reiterate, the fact here is that everything i just said is not a fact at all, just my heavily opinionated speculation!

Fact #5 - Potentially you could take any perspective gained here today and use it as a fun game to maybe see if he'll keep tipping her because he thinks you don't. I'm not advocating anything by any means, because as much as it sucks you're going to eventually have to make a tough decision. Either find a way to cope with it until she gets rid of him, or you'll have to move on from her. Not trying to be harsh, but there's no other way to put it without lying or avoiding the facts!

Disclaimer- I said some things that could be viewed as harsh, especially if someone is just reading this and doesn't know the little back story. I don't know this person and i am purely speculating in a general sense, so please view it as such! I want to re-iterate that mental health is extremely important and not a joke. Those reading this if you know anyone who seriously needs help, reach out (to me, or otherwise) because there are resources available!!

-l

Reactions: NotYou
She may of gotten a message on Skype, discord, facebook, whatever telling her she got a call or to call her sister. If it's an emergency, something could be happening in her life that's making her uninterested in her performance.

Also there has been several times where something was happening in my life and I had to end a show unexpectedly. May it be health related, emotional, or exterior factors preventing me to continue. I always say something came up and I need to go. then ending my stream abruptly.

Give her a break. You don't know what's going on in her life.

The guy obviously has a chip on his shoulder which stem these poignant ego issues that have him hanging out in multiple streams as a knight and no doubt acting the same way with other people, any chance he gets.
In my opinion it's this. While I can understand the annoyance of being the only (or one of very few) tippers in a room with a bunch of users who in fact have tokens, there is no rational reason for repeatedly calling non-tippers assholes. It's simply not his business what other users are tipping, knight or not. The only thing he is achieving is making the room less friendly, and that's probably not what the model aimed for when making him a knight.

On the other hand, I've stopped by the room in question the last couple of days, and this knight has been the king tipper with 1500-2000 tokens on both occasions. I can see the model's dilemma. On the other other hand, he's probably too busy with his dick swinging across the rooms he is a knight in to become jealous of guys who take the model private more times than he's comfortable with. I've seen that, and it's equally weird.

Also there has been several times where something was happening in my life and I had to end a show unexpectedly. May it be health related, emotional, or exterior factors preventing me to continue. I always say something came up and I need to go. then ending my stream abruptly.

I will not. After she said she got a phonecall, I checked her on Chaturbate. There I saw she got a tip for "take a break". She was clearly making up an excuse to me.
And yes, I suppose I was a bit vague by saying 'do something sexy'. But she has very low prices for everything. Like 18 for topless, 30 for a sexy dance etc. I thought 400 would give me a nice show. Then looking totally uninterested and then leaving; I'm sorry, but my trust is gone.

In my opinion it's this. While I can understand the annoyance of being the only (or one of very few) tippers in a room with a bunch of users who in fact have tokens, there is no rational reason for repeatedly calling non-tippers assholes. It's simply not his business what other users are tipping, knight or not. The only thing he is achieving is making the room less friendly, and that's probably not what the model aimed for when making him a knight.

On the other hand, I've stopped by the room in question the last couple of days, and this knight has been the king tipper with 1500-2000 tokens on both occasions. I can see the model's dilemma. On the other other hand, he's probably too busy with his dick swinging across the rooms he is a knight in to become jealous of guys who take the model private more times than he's comfortable with. I've seen that, and it's equally weird.

I agree. The whole situation stinks, and every single one of us can concoct our version of the ever so obvious solution, but none of us can actually make that call because we don't see "what's really goin' on". Ultimately, tho, as long as it's not breaking any rules or laws... it comes down with how the model wants to run her business.

Can't you put him on "ignore"?

Ok maybe is not good attitude but me as camgirl- really dont like tjhat kind of situation . I have one regular who is tipping me everyday a lot . He is very good guy, and never calls nobody assholes and of cpourse is not his business if they tip or not, but they all just waiting for it- I mean : oooh he is ti[pping ,so we will only watch. He is tipping for me,not for them to let them watch for free. I really dont like this luirking behaviours.

I will not. After she said she got a phonecall, I checked her on Chaturbate. There I saw she got a tip for "take a break". She was clearly making up an excuse to me.
And yes, I suppose I was a bit vague by saying 'do something sexy'. But she has very low prices for everything. Like 18 for topless, 30 for a sexy dance etc. I thought 400 would give me a nice show. Then looking totally uninterested and then leaving; I'm sorry, but my trust is gone.
since her rates are so low, she is dealing with the worse type of members who are cheap, rude, and most importantly, dont respect her. i can see why she jumped on the "take a break" tip. you dont know what is going on in her life that's causing her to be uninterested, and im sorry you didn't get the show you were hoping for. but cammodels are people too and sometimes its hard to turn on fake emotion and act like a sex doll. there are times we do need to log off midshow.

She may of gotten a message on Skype, discord, facebook, whatever telling her she got a call or to call her sister. If it's an emergency, something could be happening in her life that's making her uninterested in her performance.

Hell, she could have got an actual phone call, for all we know. I always have my phone on silent while camming, so you're never going to hear it ring, but that doesn't mean that it isn't ringing. I wouldn't be surprised if other models do the same thing, since having your phone going off from notifications can be distracting during a stream.

Ok maybe is not good attitude but me as camgirl- really dont like tjhat kind of situation . I have one regular who is tipping me everyday a lot . He is very good guy, and never calls nobody assholes and of cpourse is not his business if they tip or not, but they all just waiting for it- I mean : oooh he is ti[pping ,so we will only watch. He is tipping for me,not for them to let them watch for free. I really dont like this luirking behaviours.

One of the models I frequently tip started giving me a password halfway through my tipping sprees, basically kicking everyone out of the room but me, for this reason. She told me she had concluded there were people hanging around in her room daily because they knew/expected to get a free show when I arrived. So when I tipped her to the stage of removing clothing or more explicit things, unless there were other active tippers, she booted everyone else out.

Kind of an extreme step to take - and possibly counterproductive, if room attendance impacts the model’s page rank. But it bothered her enough to take that approach.

oooh he is ti[pping ,so we will only watch. He is tipping for me,not for them to let them watch for free. I really dont like this luirking behaviours.
That's in my experience very common; one or two tippers and dozens, even hundreds of completely silent spectators. In busy rooms with a good atmosphere the lurking isn't as pronounced, but the percentage of users who chat and tip is about the same as in less busy (but not dead) rooms.

It's so great that you have a regular tipper who is also a good knight, but if he isn't talking very much in the public chat his consistent tipping can easily be intimidating instead of motivating for other users. There is a very fine line between joining in when someone leads by example and thinking "fucking showoff" and go home. Never underestimate the chaotic weirdness of men in groups. Jealousy, envy and oneupmanship is definitely a thing, but it's totally unpredictable what's what.

Never assume. Don't be afraid to politely ask/specify your request first. Years ago someone on MFC tipped me 1,500 tokens because he assumed I'd do a dildo show right there in public chat (I don't use toys in public chat). I think back then that tip amount cleared my topless goal + half of my 'panties off' goal, so that must've been what he got instead. But he could've just taken me private or true private, and got what he wanted for way less than 1,500 tokens.

Never assume. Don't be afraid to politely ask/specify your request first. Years ago someone on MFC tipped me 1,500 tokens because he assumed I'd do a dildo show right there in public chat (I don't use toys in public chat). I think back then that tip amount cleared my topless goal + half of my 'panties off' goal, so that must've been what he got instead. But he could've just taken me private or true private, and got what he wanted for way less than 1,500 tokens.

Right, all of this could have been avoided by discussing & setting clear expectations before deciding whether to make a significant tip.

Clipping audio. I can't stand it!
I can be more forgiving if a model doesn't have a ton of cash to go around-- maybe they're peaking their mic diaphragm since they have a crappy mic or something. That being said, mics aren't the most expensive thing in the world, assuming you aren't going for some fancy vocal performance. There are TONS of options under $100 and even a lot less than $50. It's one change that can make a huge difference. That being said, everyone's financial situation is different, so $50 may be a very large expense for some.

No one should EVER have their mic audio clipping from their software side though. AFAIK, OBS even has a compressor filter to even out the sound. You can also get a VST/compressor plug-in, like ones used in Reaper FOR FREE to use in OBS, so saying "but if I turn the gain down, people can't hear" is not a valid excuse. Gain =/= volume.

I'm probably going to do a bit more research to solidify thoughts and make a mic thread about mic recommendations / audio setup at some point if there isn't one, because it's horrible. There are top earners on CB or wherever with clipping audio that makes them sound like a banshee toad. I feel like people focus on video quality so much (and I understand-- that's probably more important), but the mic shouldn't be overlooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.