AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2021
Chili
Twitter Username
@Zimbabo
I make these days 5000-8000 tks/night and I've been streaming on Chaturbate for two months. I'd like to know if I'm making too little or above average. And how much do you make?

that's great!!! go you!

i've been on streamate for 8 years we dont get paid out in tokens, but my average a night is about the same. $250-$400. i usually do 2-3 hours 4-5 days a week

I make these days 5000-8000 tks/night and I've been streaming on Chaturbate for two months. I'd like to know if I'm making too little or above average. And how much do you make?
I don't share numbers like this publicly but I think the only one who can tell u what's too little is you. Does it meet your needs? Is it hitting your goals? Is the amount you're making worth your labor?

I don't share numbers like this publicly but I think the only one who can tell u what's too little is you. Does it meet your needs? Is it hitting your goals? Is the amount you're making worth your labor?

Agree'ed figures shouldn't be public.

And similar to what you wrote, imo it depends on WTF you want...
I mean..

1. I play golf on weekends (For example) 6h every Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday, I make no tokens...
And I lose money doing it too.. Because I want to and like doing it.

2. I sort the garbage for a job (For example) during the week, Used diapers in this pile, recyclable plastics in this pile, ETC..
Cause I want $$'s.

And with Camming, there seems to be a lot of sliding scales, that can range between the #1 done for fun, and #2 done for $$'s, examples above.
IE things you do for fun that you like etc but they don't necessarily earn a lot.
and things you do for $$'s, that you don't necessarily like, but they earn a lot more.

For me..
1. Fun : I spend 20-30 hours a week, playing with Camming, for the purpose of learning.
This usually ranges between,
  • Trolling this forums for learning
  • Advertising my empty channel
  • Hunting for licenced music I can play legally while streaming.
  • Obtaining, learning and programming software to automate aspects for me.
  • Making model friends to collaborate with later.
  • Coding games/activities for viewers to play (By tipping), while watching the stream..
  • Trying to walk the line between PG platforms (Twitch/Youtube/etc) and Adult platforms (CB/Eplay/etc), without getting banned.
  • Trying to make do with free or cheap software and programming, cause I don't want to pay $30k for body tracking hardware.
  • Test streaming ^^^to a empty room often, cause I cant get 1/2 of it working yet, heheh
  • Using ^^ when its finished to help promote and feed traffic to some model friends, who have helped me in my buildup stages.
Earning 0 tokens a week, at least atm anyway lol.

2. For $$'s. : I'm a game dev manager, that's paid a lot, 40 hours a week..
But since I'm on call 24/7 and I love the job, that usually ends up 60-70 hours a week worked.
So this kind of falls under the :Fun category for me too.

And since I'm fairly famous R/L with work, I cant really put my face on a stream.
So since I want to stream I have to use the virtual world to do so.

When I feel like earning tokens, I'll switch it on more for earning.
But I'd prefer to release in a Good state though, rather than the barely working Shit I have at the moment.
And if anything ever happens to the $$ real job, I have a backup income source I can flick to as needed.

So yeah don't really give a fk about tokens atm.
So file me under the 20-30 hours a week, for 0 tokens.. Category.

Last edited:
I am friends with a number of models on CB who are lucky to get 1,000 tokens (a good shift) for 6 hours. Some shifts they will get 1 or maybe 2 private shows that bump up their earnings. Plus most are in studios who take half of that. I've known all of them for between 9 and 12 months. This is normal for them. :( Some shifts are well under 500.

Yes, that is one thousand. Not a typo

Last edited:
I am friends with a number of models on CB who are lucky to get 1,000 tokens (a good shift) for 6 hours. Some shifts they will get 1 or maybe 2 private shows that bump up their earnings. Plus most are in studios who take half of that. I've known all of them for between 9 and 12 months. This is normal for them. :( Some shifts are well under 500.

Yes, that is one thousand. Not a typo
So why do they cam? Is the cost of living where they are extremely low or something?
Sorry to be nosey but that is a shockingly low amount for 6 hours, unless that's just a bum day/ one-off.

Are these like beginner models, on like their first week you are talking about here?
Because unless my math and converter is wrong, you are saying they take home $12 - $25 for 6 hours of sex work?????????????????????????

So why do they cam? Is the cost of living where they are extremely low or something?
Sorry to be nosey but that is a shockingly low amount for 6 hours, unless that's just a bum day/ one-off.

Are these like beginner models, on like their first week you are talking about here?
Because unless my math and converter is wrong, you are saying they take home $12 - $25 for 6 hours of sex work?????????????????????????
I think you'd be surprised about how common it is for models to make that little camming

I think you'd be surprised about how common it is for models to make that little camming
Obviously. Then why would they stick with it if they are not very good at it, is more what I'm curious about?

ETA; absolutely none of the full-time models I talk to make that little.

you are saying they take home $12 - $25 for 6 hours of sex work
It is sad, but that is exactly what I am saying.

As per previous posts, I am friends with 5 models in Colombia and 1 in Russia, so cost of living is lower.

My total budget for the month to be shared however I choose is about 10,000 tokens (across my 6 model friends), so nobody is getting rich off me. At the same time, most days they are lucky to hit 1,000 tokens in total tips.

None of them are doing well and all of them have been broadcasting for over 6 months at a minimum. All are living paycheck to paycheck.

The Russian one just went independent after I helped get some equipment. But even with the #new tag, didn't really do much better. One just got sacked from her studio as she had time off with a sick 6 month old. Didn't even get payout because she was "paying off" some lingerie she bought to can with.

@EliMarie717 your calculations are spot on.
Yes, I'm friends with 5 different Colombian models on CB, all at studios, but none have accommodation there.

One of them told me she will get 100,000 Colombian Pesos for a 1,000 token tip.

According to Google, 100,000 Pesos = US $27.32
. I'm assuming the studio is getting $0.05 per token or $50.00 per 1,000 tokens. So in this case the model is getting slightly over 50%.

Below is what one of my friends was earning at a second job.
As a point of comparison, one of my friends has a second job in a cafe. She gets 50,000 pesos (US $13.61) for each shift she does from 7am to 7pm (or until last customers go) on a Saturday or Sunday. So a bit over US $1 per hour!!! Not sure if she gets tips. So it is easy to see why so many Colombian women are willing to cam, because a buck an hour is slave labor. My friend said the studio has a waiting list of models, as they don't have enough rooms, compared to number of models.

For those who are interested, average rent in a dingy apartment for my friends in Colombia is about 800,000 Colombian Pesos a month (about US$200). FYI, the fine for breaking curfew for Covid in Colombia is 950,000 pesos.

In Russia (not Moscow), rent for an apartment is US$270. Kindergarten fees for a 2 year old are the same.

Obviously. Then why would they stick with it if they are not very good at it, is more what I'm curious about?

ETA; absolutely none of the full-time models I talk to make that little.
Well you have to ask yourself then, who are the models you are interacting with? It could simply be selection bias based on how you've come to know these models. There is also high turnover in camming, so I'm sure a lot of people try it and and then stop after a few weeks/months if they aren't making much. The few who do really well are likely to stick around longer.

Also I wouldn't say that those models aren't good at camming, in some ways it's just the nature of token sites for there to be such an imbalance in what models make.

Well you have to ask yourself then, who are the models you are interacting with? It could simply be selection bias based on how you've come to know these models.
Yes, just like it could be said the other way too. People who only talk to models who don't make very much/ struggle...

Also I wouldn't say that those models aren't good at camming,
My bad exchange the word good for lucky, that'll be comfier.

Reactions: Chezza
It is sad, but that is exactly what I am saying.

As per previous posts, I am friends with 5 models in Colombia and 1 in Russia, so cost of living is lower.

None of them are doing well and all of them have been broadcasting for over 6 months at a minimum. All are living paycheck to paycheck.

The Russian one just went independent after I helped get some equipment. But even with the #new tag, didn't really do much better. One just got sacked from her studio as she had time off with a sick 6 month old. Didn't even get payout because she was "paying off" some lingerie she bought to can with.

@EliMarie717 your calculations are spot on.

Below is what one of my friends was earning at a second job.

For those who are interested, average rent in a dingy apartment for my friends in Colombia is about 800,000 Colombian Pesos a month (about US$200). FYI, the fine for breaking curfew for Covid in Colombia is 950,000 pesos.

In Russia (not Moscow), rent for an apartment is US$270. Kindergarten fees for a 2 year old are the same.
Thanks for this info. And I don't mean to sound accusatory or to doubt you Billy, but are you sure they are telling you the truth and not manipulating you w sob stories? The only reason I ask is that you seem to be a pretty nice, genuine person, so I just get a little suspicious. Especially given all the guys that come here w stories like that (where they have been or are being lied to/ manipulated)?.

I'm basically trying to get my mind around these numbers, because that's like a whole different cam universe to me, so it's hard to swallow it/ understand. Yet so many men come to this forum quoting insanely low numbers like that, that I find it hard to believe they are not being honest. Trying to make it add up in my mind. It's like a whole other world you know?

Yes, just like it could be said the other way too. People who only talk to models who don't make very much/ struggle...
That is true. I think it's something you would realize more as a viewer, especially with the apps/bots some models use that. Its not uncommon to go in the room of a model who's been on for a few hours who's barely made a dent in their token goal, and has very few unique tippers. Of course that doesn't give you the full picture because things like pvt shows might make up a larger part of these models earnings, but you can get an idea pretty quickly.

Well you have to ask yourself then, who are the models you are interacting with? It could simply be selection bias based on how you've come to know these models.

Also I wouldn't say that those models aren't good at camming, in some ways it's just the nature of token sites for there to be such an imbalance in what models make.
There is definitely selection bias happening. When I started visiting CB just over a year ago, I would never go to the rooms on first few pages. I would dive in a little deeper and find models I that I liked the look of and where I thought my small amount of tokens may make a difference.

I have been to a lot of rooms and followed over 2,000 models (I never deleted any).
1621226549463.png
I have another account that has under 20 models that I actually follow. I guess the short list is 6 (now 5), with a few others I see from time to time.

Their style of camming varies wildly. None read or speak English, which doesn't help. I have pointed them to this forum for advice from other models. Some are too stubborn, for others it is too difficult to follow and have to translate everything. I try to limit any advice, as it just annoys them, so I let them be and support them as best I can, along with any other tippers.

They may go for an hour without a tip sometimes, but because they are in studios, they have allocated times and can't logoff and come back later. One Colombian works from home for a studio, but there are Internet issues, due to current unrest, so camming is sporadic. The other Colombians are in studios as their home arrangements don't let them broadcast from there. Half of the 6 are students and 2 have toddlers.

That is true. I think it's something you would realize more as a viewer, especially with the apps/bots some models use that. Its not uncommon to go in the room of a model who's been on for a few hours who's barely made a dent in their token goal, and has very few unique tippers. Of course that doesn't give you the full picture because things like pvt shows might make up a larger part of these models earnings, but you can get an idea pretty quickly.
Damn, that is truly heartbreaking. I guess you are right though, as a viewer I don't frequent token sites.
I guess it must be a combo of being newish, and hoping to strike it lucky with timing and/or make it big randomly (which I hear does happen w token sites, and can pay off way higher, but is more of a gamble to take).
Are you also talking about full-time models, and not like people who do it for a hobby or as fun or whatever?

It's hard for me to accept that we all don't have it within our power to make what we want of anything, and succeed, so it's really hard for me to accept that someone could try hard, do everything right, and still not succeed. That's a real tough pill to swallow. I guess I'll be damn sure, when I have extra money, to show some love on CB to the people who seem like they are struggling. Because these numbers are shocking. And all the abuse they have to take, and that I read about here for such low numbers, really pisses me off!

Thanks for this info. And I don't mean to sound accusatory or to doubt you Billy, but are you sure they are telling you the truth and not manipulating you w sob stories? The only reason I ask is that you seem to be a pretty nice, genuine person, so I just get a little suspicious. Especially given all the guys that come here w stories like that (where they have been or are being lied to/ manipulated)?.

I'm basically trying to get my mind around these numbers, because that's like a whole different cam universe to me, so it's hard to swallow it/ understand. Yet so many men come to this forum quoting insanely low numbers like that, that I find it hard to believe they are not being honest. Trying to make it add up in my mind. It's like a whole other world you know?

I know where you are coming from. Not that it has changed my budget! I have bills too.

Quite a few times I have sat through a whole shift (at request of model) to chat (since most CB members don't want to), so I see most of what is going on. That is benefit of working at home during Covid. Apart from what I tip, I can add up tips, apart from privates. Some days there are no privates, so everything is in the open so to speak. Having had multiple private shows with each, I know they are not making a fortune there either, apart from the odd exception and some will tell me when it happens just out of pure excitement.

A couple of models I had suspicions on and a few times I have just gone in anonymously and left the browser open, since it was middle of the night. The next morning, the public chat shows the tips and the privates and everything correlates to what I have witnessed first hand. I know it sounds like I am being a dick, but I don't want to be taken advantage of either, which has happened.

It is a whole different world and makes me thankful for what I have.

Sorry , I'm busy with work atm, so don't have time for point to point, or wall of texts.
But basically every word Billy wrote above in his last 3-4 posts in this thread, , is same for me..

Except i have 4 bookmarked, or 3 1/2 really.
As billy stated, Colombia, or East European.
Similar earnings, similar situations, ETC ETC...

And the info is real, not sob story's.

Last edited:
I know where you are coming from. Not that it has changed my budget! I have bills too.

Quite a few times I have sat through a whole shift (at request of model) to chat (since most CB members don't want to), so I see most of what is going on. That is benefit of working at home during Covid. Apart from what I tip, I can add up tips, apart from privates. Some days there are no privates, so everything is in the open so to speak. Having had multiple private shows with each, I know they are not making a fortune there either, apart from the odd exception and some will tell me when it happens just out of pure excitement.

A couple of models I had suspicions on and a few times I have just gone in anonymously and left the browser open, since it was middle of the night. The next morning, the public chat shows the tips and the privates and everything correlates to what I have witnessed first hand. I know it sounds like I am being a dick, but I don't want to be taken advantage of either, which has happened.

It is a whole different world and makes me thankful for what I have.
Is CB like SM where there are separate pages for different countries. Like for example a model I talked to from Brazil would be listed on the first page of the Brazilian SM, but like page 14 of the US SM? Or do models from all countries have an equal chance of being page 1 on US CB? I hope I worded that to make sense.

Like on my buyers account on SM, I tipped a few Brazilian Model friends, and now it automatically takes me to the Brazilian SM front page. But the Brazilian models I talked to told me there is no money in being 1st page SM for Brazil, and that what they want to get on page 1 for the US. However, I think there is some kind of algorithm that might make it more difficult for non-US located models to get to the top of the US Page. If I am undertsanding what these ladies told me correctly anyway? Wondering if CB is similar?

Last edited:
No, but can filter by region. Everyone is bundled in together.

It is funny that I have never ended up viewing Romanian women (that I know of), but ended up with 5 from Colombia. Maybe time of day has something to do with it. Romanians would fit my type, long dark hair and dark eyes (I think I just described you @EliMarie717 ;) ).

In profile people can put anything for location, like the moon. So filters maybe work on actual location, I don't know.

No, but can filter by region. Everyone is bundled in together.

It is funny that I have never ended up viewing Romanian women (that I know of), but ended up with 5 from Colombia. Maybe time of day has something to do with it. Romanians would fit my type, long dark hair and dark eyes (I think I just described you @EliMarie717 ;) ).

In profile people can put anything for location, like the moon. So filters maybe work on actual location, I don't know.
They are based on the location used to create the account. Lots of studio models use VPNs to create their account so they get permanently put in other regions, so it kinda makes the location filter useless.

Id assume its from a CB internal setting, like IP's.
Cause when you search for South America. You get a wide range of things written in the Country field, like Moon/ Cybersace / Online / Nowhere / etc etc etc

Romanians would fit my type, long dark hair and dark eyes (I think I just described you @EliMarie717 ;) ).

LMAO I actually have a regular who goes by BillyBoy, but I've been pretty sure it's not you based on personality, preferences etc. So it's funny you say that.
OK gotcha. On SM they somehow take the broadcast IP, which I don't understand because I thought some models used VPNs (so maybe ID is involved too?), but somehow on SM there's this big deal now about what country you are camming from, as I understand it. And that somehow having to be accurate to SM staff's knowledge (not necessarily public or viewer's knowledge), and I'm assuming it somehow affects placement, etc. It was a bit confusing, but I took it to mean that it's more difficult for non-native English-speaking models to place as well in mainly English-speaking countries. The way the message was worded to models, or how I took it, was that Members were pissed to be directed to rooms claiming to be US or Britain or Canada, but then encounter a model who could not speak English. So pissed that SM had to step in and tighten up things a little.

LMAO I actually have a regular who goes by BillyBoy, but I've been pretty sure it's not you based on personality, preferences etc. So it's funny you say that.

OK gotcha. On SM they somehow take the broadcast IP, which I don't understand because I thought some models used VPNs, but somehow on SM there's this big deal now about what country you are camming from, as I understand it. And that somehow having to be accurate to SM staff's knowledge, ad I'm assuming somehow affecting placement, etc. It was a bit confusing, but I took it to mean that it's more difficult for non-native English-speaking models to place as well in mainly English-speaking countries unless I took it wrong.
Ha ha. Sorry, not me, though one model friend was forcibly retired :( .......

That is harsh if your placement is based on country and not popularity. Also :(

That is harsh if your placement is based on country and not popularity. Also :(
Yes, I agree. It's some kind of weirdly complicated algorithm, but somehow broadcast and/or location country is factored in now. Basically due to Member complaints, not models caring. Unless I completely misunderstood the whole thing. Anyway, I'll drop it too, but I've been thinking about this topic for days now, so I'm gonna continue to keep thinking about it and trying to figure it out. Like I said the cam world that gets described out here, is so different from my personal perspective of the cam world. SO the dissonance is perplexing/confusing/irritating the living crap out of me. But it looks like I'm not gonna get or be able to come up with some simplistic answer or formula here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Yeah, but now everyone will be self conscious and OP won't get the answers she is looking for. :(
It's not super customary for models to share numbers in the public section of forums, I kinda took it for granted that she wouldn't have anyway. It's like that on other forums too, few models are willing to talk about numbers publically. Only privately w other models, if even that. It's always been that way on the model forums unless things are changing. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that that is the way it's kinda been.

Another reason why I get so confused that so many of the viewers here have numbers, but it sounds like you guys are doing some freelance detective work and combining it w disclosures from models you know well. No judgment, I would likely do the same.

ETA; And now Detective 717 has hi-jacked the thread also, in a blatant attempt to investigate all of y'all's investigation work hahaha. Alright, peace, and have a good night everyone. Thanks for the help w trying to start getting my mind around this, and trying to start to understand the fuller picture here. If nothing else it will make me better prepared to be more supportive of other models.

Last edited:
but it sounds like you guys are doing some freelance detective work and combining it w disclosures from models you know well. No judgment, I would likely do the same.

I guess it comes from hanging out in a room and chatting at quiet periods (of which there are many) for 6 hours over weeks and months. You learn stuff about each other. Lives, background, aspirations...

It amazed one model when I told her it cost me US$160 for 2,000 tokens. Of which she would see about US$50.

But it sounds like you guys are doing some freelance detective work and combining it w disclosures from models you know well.

If they aren't what i deem nice, funny, honest, etc. i'm outa there quickly.
But some of them are way up on the honest scale.. Like for example.

1. Dammit, i just got my period, so i'm going to have to change all of my tip menu, and goal's, and remove the lush, I hope you don't mind.
--Not like she was lying, as she kept streaming for the rest of the day, basically for free, since all tips stopped when she switched the lush off, and changed the goals.
2. I know you are active and been tipping today / thanks / etc... But I've only made 1300, and i have a goal of 3000, so mind if i flick to taking a few privates who are waiting?
3. (Full nude model on goal 4 or 5 in a series of goals..) I know you have been tipping towards the "Ride dildo for 10 mins" goal, But the room's died.. So mind if I reset the goal back to "Goal 1, Take top off"
4. I work for a studio and will never stream privately, as I was homeless ~2 months ago, and the studio helped me out until i got settled with accommodation again, etc. And they are very helpful and friendly, and i have a gratitude towards them / etc etc.. How much the studio takes is a bit of a sliding scale. More i earn less the studio takes % wise.

The honesty level's appreciated.
My replies are usually,, Do whatever the fk makes you happy and maximises your income. I don't care.
And with that level of communication ^^ easy to work out what's real and whats a sob story..

Status
Not open for further replies.