AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

STOP getting recorded on Chaturbate /Posted on websites without OK

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2020
A big problem my models are having is every minute of their public time on Chaturbate (CB) is being recorded and posted on a lot of sites without your authorization.

To see for yourself simply Google your screen name and I'm sorry to say you will see yourself on a lot of camsite recording pages. These are the sites that it's next to impossible to have your content removed.

However, I finally found out how to avoid this from happening.

In the Settings & Privacy Tab there's an option that says "APPEAR ON NETWORK SITES" This option places your stream on all the white label sites that get their feeds from CB. The problem is those sites are the ones recording and posting to these outside sites (very often the moment you sign off) to make extra money for which you do not get paid.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 6.40.28 PM.png
Under the check box option it says you'll get less viewers but there has been noticeable difference for my models since I unchecked that option for them all, but most importantly, there have been no unauthorized recordings popping up anyplace either, so I highly recommend it if you don't want every moment of your work to be seen by anyone in your life who you do not want seeing it and/or who are not paying you for it.

Ew. Why are y'all on here having a discussion about how quickly you can find this and that model's recordings...and then naming them on here? :facepalm: *Cringe*
I gave 2 examples of models who have successfully had their recordings removed. It turns out that 1 stopped having them deleted. (for whatever reason). The other, you can't find anywhere. My point is, it's possible to have your all your recordings removed from the internet.

Upvote 0
I gave 2 examples of models who have successfully had their recordings removed. It turns out that 1 stopped having them deleted. (for whatever reason). The other, you can't find anywhere. My point is, it's possible to have your all your recordings removed from the internet.

So then y'all should be able to have a conversation about that without NAMING models, and saying things like "It only took me 10 seconds to find _____'s recordings." And tbh, openly admitting on a cam model forum that you just Google searched cam models' recordings seems a bit foolish. And before you use the excuse "Well it's bound to happen, and cam models better get used to it," yeah, we know that. But YOU guys on this forum don't have to sit there discussing it so casually. Lol.

I really should not have to even explain this...

Upvote 0
So then y'all should be able to have a conversation about that without NAMING models, and saying things like "It only took me 10 seconds to find _____'s recordings." And tbh, openly admitting on a cam model forum that you just Google searched cam models' recordings seems a bit foolish. And before you use the excuse "Well it's bound to happen, and cam models better get used to it," yeah, we know that. But YOU guys on this forum don't have to sit there discussing it so casually. Lol.

The user named 2 models basically saying it's possible to remove all recordings if they put forth the effort but that is false and may result in more models trying to put forth more effort which is really a waste of time and that's why I said I found both in less than 10 seconds to really drive the point home.

Upvote 0
I understand the possibility of making more money is greater by appearing on more network affiliate sites, but I am also not fond of pirate sites making money off my image/performance. Sure, I'm not popular or well known, but still... it's my image. And, yes, there are other ways to jack the streams, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.
Most reputable camsites don't work with pirate sites. If affiliates are found to be pirating our shows by camsites, they usually remove them from the program. If not, it's kinda the kiss of death for other affiliates to drop that camsite.

Upvote 0
The user named 2 models basically saying it's possible to remove all recordings if they put forth the effort but that is false and may result in more models trying to put forth more effort which is really a waste of time and that's why I said I found both in less than 10 seconds to really drive the point home.

Lol. Fuck off, cbhours. I said what I said, and I was waiting for your silly ass to come on here being snarky, and trying to justify your posts. You're the same guy who's posted on here about how you spend so much of your time watching a CB model that you can't stand, and then coming here to complain to others about her. Lol. :clown:

Upvote 0

I'll agree, I probably should have checked to see if they were still removing the recordings before I said who they are.

The original point was, recordings are part of the territory. Don't cost yourself money trying to stop them. Your parents are only going to believe you're making all this money as a barista at Starbucks for so long. Just go ahead and tell them now, it's a respectable business. Camming is hard work.

Upvote 0
Your parents are only going to believe you're making all this money as a barista at Starbucks for so long. Just go ahead and tell them now, it's a respectable business. Camming is hard work.
Ew fucking double ew...
Not something appropriate to say either!

fireworks GIF

Went straight from cringe to fucking vomit... 🤮🤢🤮

Upvote 0
I'll agree, I probably should have checked to see if they were still removing the recordings before I said who they are.

The original point was, recordings are part of the territory. Don't cost yourself money trying to stop them. Your parents are only going to believe you're making all this money as a barista at Starbucks for so long. Just go ahead and tell them now, it's a respectable business. Camming is hard work.

Or how about not even saying who they are at all. Y'all are doing too much to try to prove a point. Just admit that y'all fucked up, and move on. No need to keep trying to defend it. And like I said in my previous post, we don't need men to keep telling us over and over that it's "part of the territory" (Yeah, we know this already) as their way of trying to justify YOU doing it.

Upvote 0

Ugh I'm getting sick of this stereotype. Just stop. It's condescending. Sure there are lots of cammodels who aren't out with their family about their job, because stigma surrounding sexwork is very real and I hope you aren't making fun of that very real thing on a cammodel support forum. That would be very stupid trying to shame us after being explained you did a faux pas.

anywho
, my point is nowadays more and more people are being more open with their family since it's more mainstream.

Upvote 0
You are cutting off your nose to spite your face, as the saying goes.

There are also pay sites that record your models real time and store the recordings for their paying users. You don't see those (because you have to pay to see them). Your better option is to make a list of the sites that are recording, it's shorter than you'd think. Write a DMCA letter specific for each model. Fire off a bulk email to the sites every day or every few days. The first time will take a minute but after that, it's a quick resending of the same message. The recordings will come down within 48 hours. There might be a few residuals but most will be gone.

Many sites don't respect DMCA. And in the case of some websites, the claim of a DMCA is published. Which can make it easer to find.

I think your also under estimating how many DMCA have to be sent out. For a single recordings, you could easily have a million DMCA requests. Like the video ends up on hundreds or even thousands of sites. And then those links are references by 3rd parties. And 3rd parties can be in the hundreds, or thousands. And every site makes you jump through different hoops to send a DMCA.

Upvote 0
Ugh I'm getting sick of this stereotype. Just stop. It's condescending. Sure there are lots of cammodels who aren't out with their family about their job, because stigma surrounding sexwork is very real and I hope you aren't making fun of that very real thing on a cammodel support forum. That would be very stupid trying to shame us after being explained you did a faux pas.

anywho
, my point is nowadays more and more people are being more open with their family since it's more mainstream.
I think I was complimenting, not shaming. I know of a few cam models who were hiding their jobs from the family and eventually were discovered. They all had better than expected outcomes. The response is usually, "people pay you for that"?

None that told me the story stopped camming. There was one that was working from her parent's house and they made her start paying rent. Seems fair enough.

I personally don't consider camming "sex work". Most individual models are working alone in a room and most of the couples are really couples.

Upvote 0
Or how about not even saying who they are at all. Y'all are doing too much to try to prove a point. Just admit that y'all fucked up, and move on. No need to keep trying to defend it. And like I said in my previous post, we don't need men to keep telling us over and over that it's "part of the territory" (Yeah, we know this already) as their way of trying to justify YOU doing it.
You know a lot of models are selling the recordings? The stuff on the internet is usually unedited, low quality, crap. If you record your shows yourself, get an OnlyFans account and do a little bit of editing, people will buy your videos.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Sorry I dont remember this, which post are you referring to?

Several of your past posts. Go back and look at your post history. I'm not scrolling back through all of your annoying posts. Since you wanna run that big mouth of yours, you can do a run-through of your past posts. Time for my shower. Happy Hump Day.

Upvote 0
Many sites don't respect DMCA. And in the case of some websites, the claim of a DMCA is published. Which can make it easer to find.

I think your also under estimating how many DMCA have to be sent out. For a single recordings, you could easily have a million DMCA requests. Like the video ends up on hundreds or even thousands of sites. And then those links are references by 3rd parties. And 3rd parties can be in the hundreds, or thousands. And every site makes you jump through different hoops to send a DMCA.
I've done it, it works. Most of those sites are connected to each other. Once you do the main sites, they all come down. They don't want to be reported to Google because Google will delete their URL.

Upvote 0
You know a lot of models are selling the recordings? The stuff on the internet is usually unedited, low quality, crap. If you record your shows yourself, get an OnlyFans account and do a little bit of editing, people will buy your videos.

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Upvote 0
I think I was complimenting, not shaming. I know of a few cam models who were hiding their jobs from the family and eventually were discovered. They all had better than expected outcomes. The response is usually, "people pay you for that"?

None that told me the story stopped camming. There was one that was working from her parent's house and they made her start paying rent. Seems fair enough.

I personally don't consider camming "sex work". Most individual models are working alone in a room and most of the couples are really couples.
I think it’s important to be cognizant that the industry is heavily stigmatized for models, so your comment does come off across as ignorant and mockingly presumptive that families/parents/friends and others would be accepting of this job, let alone respect it. Models receive a lot of backlash from both paying members and non site users. There are stories on here of models who have had to make the choice of camming or their relationship with their family, with some ending their camming careers. While you think it’s a respectable job, many don’t.

As for the recordings. It’s exploitative and does carry lots of monetary value that models are losing out on as potential sales. So yeah what may cost me $30 to get a recording taken down could mean $1000’s lost in potential sales because of stolen content. Even if I only make $50 in sales, that’s money in my pocket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it’s important to be cognizant that the industry is heavily stigmatized for models, so your comment does come off across as ignorant and mockingly presumptive that families/parents/friends and others would be accepting of this job, let alone respect it. Models receive a lot of backlash from both paying members and non site users. There are stories on here of models who have had to make the choice of camming or their relationship with their family, with some ending their camming careers. While you think it’s a respectable job, many don’t.
I can only speak about the 4 situations I know personally. Of those 4, none quit. One set of parents were not supportive and made her pay rent (a fair compromise). One mom didn't care, said her daughter is old enough to make her own decisions. The other 2 were inconsequential. The families asked some questions and moved on like normal.

I'll bet you a nickel that those "outraged" families have some personal skeletons they don't want folks to know about, aka hypocrites.

Upvote 0
As for the recordings. It’s exploitative and does carry lots of monetary value that models are losing out on as potential sales. So yeah what may cost me $30 to get a recording taken down could mean $1000’s lost in potential sales because of stolen content. Even if I only make $50 in sales, that’s money in my pocket.
Doing the requests yourself is free but tedious and frustrating. You can pay DMCA a monthly fee to monitor your name, they get unauthorized content removed within minutes. You have to weigh the options and choose the best course of action. https://www.dmca.com/Pricing.aspx?r=m

Upvote 0
I can only speak about the 4 situations I know personally. Of those 4, none quit. One set of parents were not supportive and made her pay rent (a fair compromise). One mom didn't care, said her daughter is old enough to make her own decisions. The other 2 were inconsequential. The families asked some questions and moved on like normal.

I'll bet you a nickel that those "outraged" families have some personal skeletons they don't want folks to know about, aka hypocrites.
And I’d bet a nickel as well that may be true for some families. But I’d also bet a nickel that every situation is different from model to model and family to family and it’s best to treat as such. It’s easy for many to make generalizations and overall assumptions about models and their relationship dynamics outside of camming. I am happy to hear that the four models had positive or as best can be experiences with them telling their families about their job.

My point to you was that making blanketed statements as you did with the Starbucks comment is not a good thing to say and can/will devalue your intention and help.

As Lelo stated, I think you may be under estimating how many have to be sent out. I use Brandit and pay a monthly fee, but that is not a safe catchall, I still have to research, submit links and evidence to Brandit so they can in return have it in their system that there is another site with stolen content of mine and submit on behalf of me. And at that, most of it is NOT removed within minutes, months sometimes. Is that tedious work, yes, but from my point of view, I’d rather take the time to do that than to have thousands of dollars lost in sales that I could be making on my sales.

Since it is expected for content and recordings to be stolen and misused, I do not have to tolerate it.

I’m gonna leave the thread with this, it is helpful to give a member’s perspective on difficult situations such as recordings and family dynamics, but unless you are/were a cam model, I’d refrain from making over generalizations and assumptions of the job, what all it entails and what a cam model should do.

Upvote 0
@blinkingbluelight I mean this in the nicest possible way, because it does seem like you were perhaps being more literal, than antagonizing (as you came off). But on this forum very few of us are teens and live with our parents. It sounds like you are hanging out in the 18-19 years old category, then coming here trying to advise grown ass, experienced women about their jobs. Not the best strategy. But it does seem like you meant well and are not as smarmy as you came off.

Upvote 0
Is that tedious work, yes, but from my point of view, I’d rather take the time to do that than to have thousands of dollars lost in sales that I could be making on my sales.
Is that tedious work, yes, but from my point of view, I’d rather take the time to do that than to have thousands of dollars lost in sales that I could be making on my recordings and shows*

Upvote 0
@blinkingbluelight I mean this in the nicest possible way, because it does seem like you were perhaps being more literal, than antagonizing (as you came off). But on this forum very few of us are teens and live with our parents. It sounds like you are hanging out in the 18-19 years old category, then coming here trying to advise grown ass, experienced women about their jobs. Not the best strategy. But it does seem like you meant well and are not as smarmy as you came off.
Thanks for understanding, I do mean well. Just an FYI, the model that was living with her parents was in her mid 20's and could never find a decent job (cashier at Target etc.). She started camming and was earning more than both her parents combined. She got her own place after about 6 months.

I actually don't like the 18-19 YO category. I prefer the over 30 models.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Thanks for understanding, I do mean well. Just an FYI, the model that was living with her parents was in her mid 20's and could never find a decent job (cashier at Target etc.). She started camming and was earning more than both her parents combined. She got her own place after about 6 months.

I actually don't like the 18-19 YO category. I prefer the over 30 models.
Oh I see. Maybe it’s COVID making people live with their parents again then. I have not lived with my parents since I was 15, so to me that’s only something really young people do. Sounds like I am wrong about that.
Or maybe it’s a cultural thing and you are into models from a certain culture perhaps? I guess I’m just not used to that.
Many of the models here at acf are really experienced, educated , and super on top of their game. So to us rather than the Starbucks comment being literal, it came off as more of a sarcastic mock. However I’m starting to think you actually meant it more literally.

Reactions: blinkingbluelight
Upvote 0
this doesnt prevent bots or any joe schmoe from screen capturing and posting elsewhere. that's to prevent CB's affiliates from using your stream for ads and whitelabels. most sites with affiliate programs allow you to opt-out of this.

i dont think this is a good idea because it will limit your traffic prospects. also affiliates deserve to get paid because they put in the effort to generate new traffic to the site. they get a percentage if someone signs up through their affiliate link or whitelabel and spends on a model. model is still making the same % she would normally.
Thank you for this info! I did check out my name, but I'm finding that for the most part it links back to my Chaturbate site, which is cool with me.

Upvote 0
I think there may be a lot of folks, especially those new to the industry, that don't understand how this works.

This is why when someone comes here with the advice like OP shared, I try to shut it down pretty fast. If you disallow your stream from being on the affiliate/network sites you lose a big portion of the traffic that the site is striving to provide you. They provide traffic by using these networks and advertisements.

If you've already gained a dedicated loyal audience and need no more new users, then shutting it off works fine. But that's not really how most people operate. We depend on a constant influx of new viewers. It's a very fickle beast of a job. We are constantly just churning out old supporters for new ones to keep earning. We depend on flow to the site, and then to our room, to maintain this.
As someone new to Chaturbate, I need the traffic, and the sites I saw, linked back to my Chaturbate site, so as long as it's helping me build up a fan base, I'm happy.

Upvote 0
stupid question can chaturbate send me a video of my show if it wasn't a private show. i just want the clip from pubic show when i got a huge tip. i want to see it because my face was like omg omg wish this was recorded.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.