AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of perhaps rejoining a more token site model of site, as a second site, once I am back to full-time status again. So this is helpful information. Although I guess the need for mods/ helpers or not would depend on if I even were to do that well on a token site anyway lol. So I'm probably jumping the gun, but it is just a general, repeated question that has been popping in my mind recently i.e.; what the heck do mods get out of being mods? Why do they do it? What makes it worth the effort?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think you are so comfortable in yourself, and what you want - and don't want - and able to express yourself clearly and without BS, that you will never ever need a moderator. You may decide you want one to help around the place, but want does not equal need.

Reactions: MarieElise
imagine breaking down in your car on the road, you'd hope some random stranger would stop to help you, because they too would hope they same, etc
Omg that is so funny to read. I drive a lot as part of my job, and through some very remote areas of outback Australia. So I always stop and ask if help is needed, whenever I see a vehicle stopped on the side of the road.
It's never been about being thanked, or whatever - just courteous, and lending a hand, and perhaps hoping that one day a favour will be returned when i am in need.

I don't know, I used to have that stance, but the more I read here the more I see that there are some guys who could be really, really helpful to the room flow, and seem really good.
What I don't understand though is what do you guys, who are good like that, and trying to do the best thing, get out of it for yourselves?
Isn't it just a case of frustrating free work for you? I address this at Rocking Rod, but if any of the others who moderate want to answer too, I'd love to hear it.

It seems like some of you work so hard, and care so much for these models. But what do you get back for yourselves? I mean, other than a headache?

The times I have been made a moderator, I never requested to do it, nor did the model ask me to actually “moderate.” They just turned my name red without any expectations. Those were models I had great rapport with. A couple of them I would consider friends (meaning we talk on and off her page, we know a little more about each other than the average model-member might, etc). The others, I didn’t know as well, but our personalities matched so it was always fun talking in between tips/playing.

The common theme in all my cases was whenever a model made me a moderator, there was always a pre-established good rapport between us and neither side asked the other to do it. So I guess it was a “reward” of sorts, or else she just wanted a red name in her room and I was a member she trusted not to get weird about it.

But I never felt any pressure to help out. If I was in the room and noticed some spam or a rude member I would silence them, but that only takes two seconds. I didn’t go out of my way to visit more often, or to promote the model or anything. For one of the models I did do some extra things like help promote her social media, but I was otherwise very careful to stay mostly in the background unless tipping or casually chatting.

I didn’t “get anything out of it” per se, although I am always happy to help someone out, within reason. I do get satisfaction from that.

But I never felt any pressure to help out. If I was in the room and noticed some spam or a rude member I would silence them, but that only takes two seconds. I didn’t go out of my way to visit more often, or to promote the model or anything. For one of the models I did do some extra things like help promote her social media, but I was otherwise very careful to stay mostly in the background unless tipping or casually chatting.

Oh got it, I thought it was more of a shift thing where you all were showing up regularly at certain times, and working a set amount of hours. This makes more sense then.

Oh got it, I thought it was more of a shift thing where you all were showing up regularly at certain times, and working a set amount of hours. This makes more sense then.
Oh god no. The room I'm red in, she's online for 7-8 hours, 5 days a week. It'd be like a second job! Although far more enjoyable than the paid one I have......

Like @Smoothie I did not change any frequency or length of visits after becoming a moderator, but it did shift my focus from purely enjoying the room, to keeping a much closer eye on the chat. Perhaps because the site is CB, there's a lot of BS from the greys and spam bots that can get unruly if you don't keep on it. On a busy night, it's amazing how much crap gets put out there. Sometimes I just wish she'd use the all-in-one bot and be done with it.

Yeah, it was more of a “when you’re around, I’d trust you to help out” than a firm expectation about hours or duties, in all of my cases.

One of the models does prefer to have a mod in her room as often as possible. But rather than ask anyone to shoulder that task alone, she modded 4 or 5 people. Still with zero expectations (which is cool since it’s a volunteer thing anyway), but it increased the odds that at least 1 of her mods will usually be in the room.

Yeah, it was more of a “when you’re around, I’d trust you to help out” than a firm expectation about hours or duties, in all of my cases.

One of the models does prefer to have a mod in her room as often as possible. But rather than ask anyone to shoulder that task alone, she modded 4 or 5 people. Still with zero expectations (which is cool since it’s a volunteer thing anyway), but it increased the odds that at least 1 of her mods will usually be in the room.
I'm starting to wonder if we know each other! Sounds very familiar.
The model I'm red for, has perhaps 6 more mods (that I know of) although I haven't seen several of them for the best part of a year.
She takes comfort from having at least one in the room with her, so a couple of trusted greys who usually sit through each and every show got promoted.
Ironically, they are the quickest to silence other greys, and post all the "C'mon, Tip Guys!" GIFs......

well as someone else who mods my input is pretty much the same, i've never gone looking to mod i've just been made one. The only times i've asked is with girls i follow is if their mods arent around and they're starting to get overwhelmed with questions and spam etc etc and again only temp until their mods come in.

Like the others I treat it as a volunteering thing and just as helping out a friend and again pretty much already doing the same thing even if i wasnt a mod. for me I also see it as extra payment for watching, where i'm not in the position to spend 100 tokens each day there is a level of guilt that i cant give more money as while some ladies make loads, many arent making much so i also look at it as paying my way.

I am someone who does post tip/fanclub/follow gifs but i've always asked the models if they want me to do that or not and if they dont, then i wont. It's their room, it's their rules! I might give suggestions about something like say raising the price of spying on pvt from 6 tokens a minute, but again only suggestions not demands or attempts to control. I'm a soldier, nothing more.

I dont get anything out of it really, although i do admit it does sometimes feel good silencing msyogionists.

the only negatives i've had was with a model who suddenly decided to unmod everyone once when she was in a bad mood as i felt she didnt realise just how lucky she was to have so many good and loyal followers when compared to other models,
an argument with one who had a very negative attitude towards more revealing models (which i think most girls on this forum would be offended at what she said)
some of us did gang up on a girl who had a modded a guy who was abusive towards not just us but tippers as well, so we told her we didnt want to stay if he was going to silence people for no reason.
and i turned down an offer to be mod once because i saw how a girl was treating her mods taking her anger out on them and expecting them to be there everytime she broadcasted like it was a second job or something.

There are many mods like you say where it is just a power trip or they expect some sort of benefits.
Me (and others) got angry with a mod who felt we should be getting free ticket shows and discounts on pvt for our work (we grassed on him to the model and made it clear the rest of us didnt feel that way).
I've met guys who honestly believe they're the reason why models are popular (cracks me up everytime).
Ones who do get controlling and demanding believing they know whats best for the girl (usually see them preying on newer ones)
I've met ones who spend the whole time pm'ing the girl instead of chatting in public, distracting the girl from others who are tipping and ofc getting angry if they're not the centre of the girls attention.

With having mods it just depends on how u feel. some girls feel they need the help, some dont. just choose wisely but should be able to tell the good from the bad mods. Again for me it's just helping out and supporting a friend who might need it.

It seems like some of you work so hard, and care so much for these models. But what do you get back for yourselves? I mean, other than a headache?
on my part, I find much more in the very few rooms I help indeed... a f**g good headache haha ^^ (please... hurt meee)

There has to be some kind of personal compatibility or friendship aspect in it, for me to understand the motivation. From that angle, I can personally understand it a bit better. But different people probably have different, varying motivations I suppose.
I suppose too and wouldn't mod without (eta) this aspect.
In brief: The way I help when I do is the simplest possible. I just do some room cleaning and it seems working fine.
No gif like 'tip her guys!' (and certainly not this 'no tip?'). No 'thank', I help grown up persons who knows to do their job (else, I pm my opinion, if she's new, and opened... and once only). I rarely silence, normally a little warning like 'no this way please' is enough. I just don't miss the spams to show "I'm a red and I have a mouse" to viewers. Actually, I just avoid her to have to interrupt her show to ban smb. One model just don't want to appear being mean, and with her, we play openly the good cop/bad cop.

But yes, without this aspect of friendship or pleasure to work together It would be boring.
Else, I just imagine also that moding would turn to be an interested action and, If interest is to control the room, the moderation can't be good. If it's a paid action also, it's really difficult to not be a weird mod showing to the model that he is working to merit his place, whatever is the payment: ie, some mods are fans in love who can't tip much and think they have to merit the place in the room... and this is much too obvious when you enter a room with such a mod.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
but it did shift my focus from purely enjoying the room, to keeping a much closer eye on the chat.
Yes, This aspect is also not so innocent. The 'job' can become boring if there is no much empathy, but also staying in a friend's room could turn to be a little boring if you don't find a better place to settle, like the mod's place, and see things differently

• Helpful!
The only way I could see it (just from my own personal perspective) would be if it was more of a social thing, and I just liked joking, laughing, and socializing with that particular model. I guess from that perspective I can totally understand why a dude would be open to helping certain models. Or maybe if that model had the ideal body type for that dude, and by helping he gets some extra spank bank material. But in that latter case, I still feel like that only goes so far, and would get super boring, and not worth helping someone hot, out for hours over.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have to get along with the model and her with me, we enjoy each other's personality and humour and can be on the same level for things. I couldn't just go to a models room and on the first or second time let her make me moderator, it has to be someone I would be willing to give that kind of time and energy for - it can take so much energy, depending on how the model is and how the room is.

This is why I personally think those guys who try ask to be mod and use the whole "I am a moderator for 20 other models" .... well, yeah then you're not going to be a good one for any of those models. No doubt all you're doing is "tip gifs" etc constantly in each room.

It has to be a model I am attracted to sexually and also our personalities get on well. Someone you're wanting to spend time with for potentially hours each day/night.

When I first started on CB, I had about 7 or 8 models make me mod, and I thought "oh wow amazing" but quickly got so burned out from it all. Some have too many expectations from you, as if you should be like their manager or operator or something.. Now I am just moderator for a few who are not angry when I am not there for a few days or weeks (it can all be time-dependent since they are in the US or they work at night for my timezone, so I can't always be expected to be awake during the night and sleep during the day, which luckily some models are great and do care/understand, but you'll be surprised that some don't give a shit).

• Helpful!
I don't know, I used to have that stance, but the more I read here the more I see that there are some guys who could be really, really helpful to the room flow, and seem really good.
What I don't understand though is what do you guys, who are good like that, and trying to do the best thing, get out of it for yourselves?
Isn't it just a case of frustrating free work for you? I address this at Rocking Rod, but if any of the others who moderate want to answer too, I'd love to hear it.

Speaking for myself, I have only ever been an active Knight (what moderators are called on Stripcaht) for models who I visit regularly, and therefore have a friendship of some sort with.

So, just like I help my "real life" friends in any way that I can that does not interfere with what is vital to my daily life, I gladly help my online friends also. And yes you are right there is indeed genuine care for my model friends. Not all of us users are on the site(s) just to "get our rocks off". ;) :happy: (although obviously with beautiful women on screen, in various stages of undress, that is at least some of the attraction!!) Genuine friendships and communities of sorts can be, and are, formed.

The main room I frequent these days is a rather "chatty" one with many and diverse topics, the model does not have English as her first language and so can often get "lost" in the chat, especially with the various English idioms of USA, Australia, UK , and then add in the other non-English speakers using sometimes inaccurate English, it can be a nightmare for her and her translation program to keep up with! A keen eye for what is said can be a useful thing, even if she only pms me to say "What did user Xxx mean by that?"

Of course there are other tasks: Muting unruly users, reminding them of the decorum expected in the room, reminding guys that tipping is her wages etc (these "announcements" are all done only because she has asked that I do it, and not done constantly or in a demanding manner) The way I look at it is that she needs to concentrate on her show, or just being sexy, or participating in the many conversations in public chat, or attending to pms from the other guys who *need* her attention to keep them interested.

Looking after the "housekeeping" chores enables her to concentrate on her show and keeps the mood of the room the way she wants it (by clearing out idiots)

I always try to moderate with a light touch (unless the user -- of any colour -- is outright rude or crude) so it is not a lot of "work". But again, it is a part of sharing the friendship with those models and I do it gladly.

Maybe it could be seen as "volunteer" or "Charity" work :haha:

Having said all that, I have visited many rooms over the years wherein the knights have behaved either just like crude grey users, or have spammed the chat with announcements, made the atmosphere toxic by muting grey users (and other non-tipping users) for just saying "hello", or aggressively demanding tips for the model. So clearly not everyone has the appropriate demeanor to be a knight. And some models seem to bestow the title on just about anyone who splashes tokens, so the quality of their knights is understandably low.

Last edited:
on my part, I find much more in the very few rooms I help indeed... a f**g good headache haha ^^ (please... hurt meee)
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Looking after the "housekeeping" chores... (by clearing out idiots)
Love the way you put that! 😆

I also see it as extra payment for watching, where i'm not in the position to spend 100 tokens each day there is a level of guilt that i cant give more money as while some ladies make loads, many arent making much so i also look at it as paying my way.
Ok this makes total sense too. I could see myself thinking like that as well
When I first started on CB, I had about 7 or 8 models make me mod, and I thought "oh wow amazing" but quickly got so burned out from it all.

Yes, that wouldn't be fair. I would never want to put that burden on someone unless I were paying them, and paying them well. That would not be cool at all.

ETA; I guess the part that surprises me in all of this, is how many of you are saying were made mods/ helpers. knights without any prior discussion about it at all. That's a little shocking.

Yes, that wouldn't be fair. I would never want to put that burden on someone unless I were paying them, and paying them well. That would not be cool at all.

ETA; I guess the part that surprises me in all of this, is how many of you are saying were made mods/ helpers. knights without any prior discussion about it at all. That's a little shocking.

I think the key for both sides is to remember it’s voluntary and therefore should carry no obligation in terms of workload. (Quality of work is a much different story though… if you’re going to do “mod stuff, don’t overstep, because that can damage the vibe in the model’s room).

To Brett’s point, yeah, if you’re trying to actively mod 7 or 8 rooms regularly, you’ve basically become a full-time volunteer, even if you only spend an hour a day in each room. At some point you say “no thank you.” Or if they mod you without asking, then they can’t really get mad if you just don’t do it. I’ve had models I barely visit make me a mod, and I just ignore it.

I think most models don't seem to understand how much time/energy you can put into being one, or they simply just don't care and "should do it without whining because of how lucky you are, I made YOU the mod".
Of course in some rooms when you are made one, it's definitely special because the model doesn't just make every tom dick and harry one, but still, there need to be understandings from both parts.

I think because on CB and SC, for example, mods and knights are something every guy wants and ask for, or tries to get, then now models just see it as a reward that everyone wants.

• Helpful!
I think most models don't seem to understand how much time/energy you can put into being one, or they simply just don't care and "should do it without whining because of how lucky you are, I made YOU the mod".
Don't get me wrong, I'm a confident chick, but that thought process is taking it a little far, right?
I'm sure you're correct though. People are weird.
Yes, if a buddy is putting a ton of work and time into helping out, on their dollar and free time, I feel like that's a huge deal.
I guess it depends, but I just don't see how it can't turn from entertainment to at least some type of obligation to normal guys, you know. In some subtle way, no matter how lightly a person takes it, it is still a responsibility. But perhaps a pleasurable more rewarding one for some.

ETA; Y'all are trying to escape us by going to cam sites for NSA (no strings attached), and instead, we're slamming commitments on ya there too. Hahahahaha. Sorry. It is kinda funny though.

Well that's awfully generous/thoughtful of y'all to deprive yourself (The only word I could think of...lol) of the music you enjoy because not everyone likes it. If someone didn't like my music (Which usually does not happen), I'd let them know they can always tip for a song request. Mine is mostly R&B with some other genres mixed in. I could not imagine camming on a free chat site without listening to music...nor would I want to. :)

Watching cam models from Colombia, Russia and Central Asia has exposed me to a lot of great music which I otherwise would not have come across. I am very grateful for this. :)

Perhaps more disappointing than annoying:

A model from Europe that I had been a regular with, stopped broadcasting in November 2020.
We had been in touch through WhatsApp while she was working, but nothing since then.
Last night, I got a message out of the blue:
<her> have you been missing my body?
<me> nice to hear from you after so long
<her> I'm in financial difficulty

Perhaps more disappointing than annoying:

A model from Europe that I had been a regular with, stopped broadcasting in November 2020.
We had been in touch through WhatsApp while she was working, but nothing since then.
Last night, I got a message out of the blue:
<her> have you been missing my body?
<me> nice to hear from you after so long
<her> I'm in financial difficulty

Damn. She didn't even muster up a "Hi, how's it going?" 🤷‍♀️ Just straight to "Don't you want me baaabaaayyy? Cuz I want your monaaayyy!"

Damn. She didn't even muster up a "Hi, how's it going?" 🤷‍♀️ Just straight to "Don't you want me baaabaaayyy? Cuz I want your monaaayyy!"

I’ve been hit up that way several times outside of the cam sites. Off the top of my head, I’ve been asked for money for: Rent, a computer, a refrigerator, a car, and (most recently) a trip to Brazil (which appeared to just be for the hell of it).

My answer is always the same: I’m always willing to pay for a performance via the model’s chosen platform (CB or whatever) but just a cold “hey, can you do me a huge favor” DM out of the blue is a step too far.

It’s disappointing when it comes from a model I enjoy, too, because it makes it weird for me to keep visiting her shows afterward.

It’s disappointing when it comes from a model I enjoy, too, because it makes it weird for me to keep visiting her shows afterward.
Um... fuck yeah... so rude of them!

ETA; I mean unless it's a Findom (financial domination) kink thing she knows you already have, which I'm assuming @rockin_rod does not have, or he would not be posting that convo in this thread. Some men with that kink would be really turned on by that. In all other cases, it's extremely rude (in my book anyway). People need to get their kinks straight. Some models are just so lost. Sigh. So unprofessional.

Last edited:
Um... fuck yeah... so rude of them!

ETA; I mean unless it's a Findom (financial domination) kink thing she knows you already have, which I'm assuming @rockin_rod does not have, or he would not be posting that convo in this thread. Some men with that kink would be really turned on by that. In all other cases, it's extremely rude (in my book anyway). People need to get their kinks straight. Some models are just so lost. Sigh. So unprofessional.

Yeah, barring a findom kink - which I don’t have - it’s rude for them to do that. But I’m sure it works sometimes, so maybe they figure it’s worth the risk to ask.

Aside from being rude, it just changes the dynamic permanently. Even if I decide to return to those models’ rooms, it’ll be in the back of my mind that she’s going to ask me for money again eventually. Lots of models to choose from; no reason to go back there if the vibe is ruined.

ETA; I mean unless it's a Findom (financial domination) kink thing she knows you already have, which I'm assuming @rockin_rod does not have, or he would not be posting that convo in this thread.
Definitely do NOT have that kink..... and have never offered a model any financial support outside of tipping for their shows.
So even more surprising that this model thought to contact me. I'm not naive enough to think I left any lasting impression on her, so to reach out after 8 months of nil contact....... wow. Must be looking back through all her old messages with tippers, and probably trying it on all of us.

Yeah I've always walked away from ladies who have done that to me. Models dont want to be treated like objects, well tippers dont like to be treated like cash machines.

I mean I know a girl who did have to go for an operation but never did she talk to her regulars about giving her money outside of her tip menu. Heck we didnt even know of the operation until afterwards.

For me the most shocking case I know, is about a model that took advantage of an old and sick guy.. who literally was peeing in a bag. She made him come in Romania from USA, to visit her, just to completely vanish when the guy landed here and tried to reach her. As a customer he spent with this model tens of thousands of $ in and outside the platform she was working with (according to his statements). Luckily he managed to reach another model that worked in a studio and the owner of that studio helped him with accommodation and so on…

I still wonder who was more crazy in this story… the model or the guy?

She made him come in Romania from USA, to visit her, just to completely vanish when the guy landed here and tried to reach her.

Do you mean she told him he could visit her (Agreed to an in-person date for a price)...and then after she got his money, she bailed?

Reactions: Ozzie_
I’ve been hit up that way several times outside of the cam sites. Off the top of my head, I’ve been asked for money for: Rent, a computer, a refrigerator, a car, and (most recently) a trip to Brazil (which appeared to just be for the hell of it).

Wow! :oops: Sounds like somebody better try using the fundraising feature on ManyVids, OnlyFans, MFC Share (The "Goals" feature), etc. And/or just do more hours on cam. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.