AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Public Cam Guy Thread (Male model stuff!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been debating that pretty hard myself. Justforfans seems like the most obvious, though a lot of people say AVNStars. Honestly I kind of liked the OF format so I'm hoping for something extremely similar.
I've heard Fansly is the most direct OF clone. Seems the biggest crowd is moving there. They accept dudes, right?

What I'm not liking so much is that extra 10% JFF takes over everyone else. Also I'm pretty sure they're getting hammered right now, the site takes a long time to respond.
They are upgrading the servers to deal with all the new traffic and they just increased the payout to 80% but they didnt say if it was temp or permanent

*EDIT*

Found the tweet:

They are upgrading the servers to deal with all the new traffic and they just increased the payout to 80% but they didnt say if it was temp or permanent

*EDIT*

Found the tweet:

Ah that's good to know. I'm all set up on JFF but haven't started transferring content yet. Overall the format/UI seems good so I think I'm probably going to go with it for now. I'll keep an eye on Fansly and possibly Peach after they have worked out the kinks from the rushed rollout.

Ah that's good to know. I'm all set up on JFF but haven't started transferring content yet. Overall the format/UI seems good so I think I'm probably going to go with it for now. I'll keep an eye on Fansly and possibly Peach after they have worked out the kinks from the rushed rollout.
There's a tool someone built for migrating from onlyfans to justforfans, if you drop the justforfans account a message on twitter they should be able to tell you how it works.

From my experiance on JFF (been on there since they launched) members seem to sub for a lot longer than on OF, but the signup rate was always a lot lower, guess the amount of people using it to subscribe could go up now though.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
They have suspended the ban on August 26th but are they trustable ? They have shown their lack of reliability and I don't think that suspending the ban is sufficient to regain creators' trust.

What are the thoughts on ‘justforfans’? Can you be successful with no social media presence? From what I can see it looks easier to advertise yourself purely through the site than it is on onlyfans.

What I'm not liking so much is that extra 10% JFF takes over everyone else. Also I'm pretty sure they're getting hammered right now, the site takes a long time to respond.
It does seem like JFF is geared mostly towards male sex workers

I thought I'd say hi... defiantdaddy on CB... I just started camming a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to network a bit on here and learn. I'm hoping to make camming a sustainable part time job.... Are there any other Canadians models (male or female) looking to share notes? Any advice / tips / warnings? Thanks everyone!
Are you only camming on CB? How are you finding it?

Reactions: Defiant_Daddy
I thought I'd say hi... defiantdaddy on CB... I just started camming a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to network a bit on here and learn. I'm hoping to make camming a sustainable part time job.... Are there any other Canadians models (male or female) looking to share notes? Any advice / tips / warnings? Thanks everyone!
Tip that a lot of guy's done seem to notice when they first start, dont under price yourself. People think that because there are 100's of guy's camming for free and then 100's more doing everything for 5 tokens that they wont be able to charge anything like what the girls charge. It's not true, there are 100% plenty guys that are willing to spend the higher amounts. I found when I charged lower amounts the only difference was that I made less $ and the quality of people that were attracted to the room.... let's just say it left a lot to be desired. Discount shoppers is the term that get's used in ecommerce, the people that want to pay the lowest price possible but also have the highest expectations.

Tip number 2 that a lot of people seem to overlook, it's not just about beating your meat and showing some ass (it's a big part of it) but the main goal is to be entreating to watch and engage with (watching twitch streams might help with this), a lot of people are on the site because they are bored, not just because they are horny. So try and make the room fun for the members. Record your shows (at least a couple a week no ones got the hard drive space for more than that 😂 ) and watch them back, take notes on how things can be improved, how you can make it more entertaining and see if you can identify a positive or negative progression in your shows overall.

Another tip, when your recording shows, dont just record your cam feed, that's only half of the story, record your screen, that way not only can you see what you did in the show but you can see how members reacted to it, over time you will then get a better understanding of what goes down well and what dosnt.

Last tip, Focus on the things you can control, you cant control how much members are tipping (some days people just cant spend like they do on other days) so focusing on the amount you make is a recipe for a lot of headaches (speaking from experiance). Instead you want to focus on the things that you have direct control over, like hours online, vibe in the room etc. Generally if you can make people feel appreciated and enjoy spending time in the room then they will tip.

Tip that a lot of guy's done seem to notice when they first start, dont under price yourself. People think that because there are 100's of guy's camming for free and then 100's more doing everything for 5 tokens that they wont be able to charge anything like what the girls charge. It's not true, there are 100% plenty guys that are willing to spend the higher amounts. I found when I charged lower amounts the only difference was that I made less $ and the quality of people that were attracted to the room.... let's just say it left a lot to be desired. Discount shoppers is the term that get's used in ecommerce, the people that want to pay the lowest price possible but also have the highest expectations.

Tip number 2 that a lot of people seem to overlook, it's not just about beating your meat and showing some ass (it's a big part of it) but the main goal is to be entreating to watch and engage with (watching twitch streams might help with this), a lot of people are on the site because they are bored, not just because they are horny. So try and make the room fun for the members. Record your shows (at least a couple a week no ones got the hard drive space for more than that 😂 ) and watch them back, take notes on how things can be improved, how you can make it more entertaining and see if you can identify a positive or negative progression in your shows overall.

Another tip, when your recording shows, dont just record your cam feed, that's only half of the story, record your screen, that way not only can you see what you did in the show but you can see how members reacted to it, over time you will then get a better understanding of what goes down well and what dosnt.

Last tip, Focus on the things you can control, you cant control how much members are tipping (some days people just cant spend like they do on other days) so focusing on the amount you make is a recipe for a lot of headaches (speaking from experiance). Instead you want to focus on the things that you have direct control over, like hours online, vibe in the room etc. Generally if you can make people feel appreciated and enjoy spending time in the room then they will tip.
Great stuff! I've definitely noticed that being fun, different, and friendly are HUGE. You're right about people being bored and not just horny.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet where I keep notes of every show (how many tokens I received, how many viewers I had, how I was feeling, what time it was, noted big tippers, etc.) and that seems to have helped. I'll try recording a few shows, too. Great idea.

Reactions: KingMarti
Great stuff! I've definitely noticed that being fun, different, and friendly are HUGE. You're right about people being bored and not just horny.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet where I keep notes of every show (how many tokens I received, how many viewers I had, how I was feeling, what time it was, noted big tippers, etc.) and that seems to have helped. I'll try recording a few shows, too. Great idea.
The recording is a trick I picked up from cam4;s training recourses, they are pretty good (the site is shit, well for me at least) but the training recourses are decent, it wasnt until I was working in a studio I understood how to use the recordings effectively though, they are basically your game tapes where you can see where things can be improved.

One more tip, if you say your gonna be online for 4 hours, be online for 4 hours, even if it's completly dead, logging off early is a hard habbit to get out. Some of my best days have been on days where it had been dead for hours, you never know whos going to come into the room and when.

Yes, I'm defiantdaddy on CB. So far, I've found it great. It's only been a few weeks, but I look forward to doing more. I bought a Lovense Diamo, and that helped with the tips, I think.
Is the sizing for the Diamo on the site accurate?
Is there any flex to it?

I been wanting to get one but according to their measurements there's gonna be a sizing issue, if it's got a bit of give it might be ok, just a decent chunk of change to drop without knowing if it's gonna be usable or a paperweight.

Is the sizing for the Diamo on the site accurate?
Is there any flex to it?

I been wanting to get one but according to their measurements there's gonna be a sizing issue, if it's got a bit of give it might be ok, just a decent chunk of change to drop without knowing if it's gonna be usable or a paperweight.
It's a bit snug, that's for sure. It's impossible for me to put it on properly when my cock is already hard, but I find it comfortable to wear with my cock in the ring but with my balls not in the ring. I've been told that you can stretch it out a bit if you need to,

When it comes to private shows never negotiate your rates, and you probably shouldn't take less than 60tks/min if you are doing a cumshow, or charge extra for it. Gotta remember that we are more limited than our female counterparts in that regard.

I am Canadian though not sure how that helps, though I can say keep track of all your purchases, and learn about CCA classes for when it comes time to do taxes.

Defiant_Daddy:

All the guys who have posted so far have offered excellent suggestions. For me, I just try (and it's sometimes way hard) to be a good guy. And I agree that a lot of people who seek out cams are sometimes lonely (and/or bored) and just want some TLC. I try to give it when I can. I also strongly agree with not selling yourself short and don't low-ball your rates. Based on your ACF Aviator, you'll do well in this industry. Good luck.

Reactions: Defiant_Daddy
I'm curious about tagging for older models.

I've been tweaking the tags I use to see about getting more traffic in my room. Without soliciting the advice, one of my regulars made one suggestion that helped. But, I recently entered my 50s and people that visit my room have a hard time believing that I'm not in my 30s or 40s. It's funny though, when I get visited by a guy my age they are cool until they find out I'm around the same age and then they bail without so much as a "see ya later."

For the older male cammers, does the mature hashtag help or hurt?

Edit: I should add, that removing my age/birthday from my profile certainly helped.

30-50 seems like the viable range that works reasonably ok for people that look enough younger, especially if you can reliably pass for under 50. I am going to continue to be under 50 for a few more years, no comment what my actual age is.

One issue is if you select by age range there is no way to select no age/99, so if people are selecting by age then you won't show up.

Reactions: blayze_noir
I'm curious about tagging for older models.

I've been tweaking the tags I use to see about getting more traffic in my room. Without soliciting the advice, one of my regulars made one suggestion that helped. But, I recently entered my 50s and people that visit my room have a hard time believing that I'm not in my 30s or 40s. It's funny though, when I get visited by a guy my age they are cool until they find out I'm around the same age and then they bail without so much as a "see ya later."

For the older male cammers, does the mature hashtag help or hurt?

Edit: I should add, that removing my age/birthday from my profile certainly helped.
I'm 66 so I think I am in the "older models" group. I started with the Daddy tag ( I was not aware of the Mature tag) but found once I added Mature I started to get a lot more hits. I do think I get maybe twice as many hits from Mature than Daddy. I usually have both Daddy and Mature listed but I've worked with just Mature and it's not hurt my traffic one iota.

Reactions: blayze_noir
My Mom writes like that. It doesn't make any damn sense, cause every word that she wants to emphasize is capitalized, quoted, bulleted, etc. However, the overuse of quotes make it seem like you're mocking people who say the things in them. And emphasis is just used to show extreme feelings towards one area/part of a sentence/paragraph. Overuse of caps/bullets/bolded/italicized words is the equivalent of someone, standing beside you, yelling into your face.

I wonder if she also went to this Dr. of Journalism, whoever/whatever that might be.
It’s a reference to hunter s Thompson

Happend just with me or anyone else?
I started camming to find a partner (girl) and then I still didn't found atleast a friend to cam with me... Why? Maybe I am too shy for tell ppl irl about my virtual job? Yes. But what should I do from now? I feel damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.