AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Increased scamming on Stripchat.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2022
I have been a stripchat user for 4 years.
Stripchat has seen a nice increase in traffic and in the number of models listed.
At the same time, I've noticed a marked increase in the number of scams.
The rules state:
- We cannot give refunds on cases of agreements or shows that took place outside our website. We strongly suggest that you use the facilities we provide for any interactions with the models.

so the models offer you an exceptional show on skype or watsapp.
They collect the payment. and break contact with the user.
blocks him, makes him mute.
They do this type of theft and create other accounts to avoid the risk of being reported.
I warn you about these practices.
The stripchat services are aware of these practices but do not violate the rules, so are endorsed.

I have been a stripchat user for 4 years.
Stripchat has seen a nice increase in traffic and in the number of models listed.
At the same time, I've noticed a marked increase in the number of scams.
The rules state:
- We cannot give refunds on cases of agreements or shows that took place outside our website. We strongly suggest that you use the facilities we provide for any interactions with the models.

so the models offer you an exceptional show on skype or watsapp.
They collect the payment. and break contact with the user.
blocks him, makes him mute.
They do this type of theft and create other accounts to avoid the risk of being reported.
I warn you about these practices.
The stripchat services are aware of these practices but do not violate the rules, so are endorsed.
It is bad that this has happened to you. BUT as the SC rules you quoted stated.. don't do that shit in the first place 🤷‍♂️

If you choose to go outside the platform... you gotta accept the risk.

I am still pretty sure that you can report them, since to make new accounts they still have to provide genuine documents.

Upvote 0
It is a violation of the rules for models to make arrangements for shows off platform according to rules for models, https://stripchat.com/wiki/Rules_for_Models
To keep the site safe, we also prohibit:
  • Making any arrangements for personal meetings or shows outside the site.
I deliberately got scammed, provided screenshots with timestamps to prove everything, and got the cold shoulder. For whatever reason, support allows these models to exploit their users.

Upvote 0
It is a violation of the rules for models to make arrangements for shows off platform according to rules for models, https://stripchat.com/wiki/Rules_for_Models
To keep the site safe, we also prohibit:
  • Making any arrangements for personal meetings or shows outside the site.
I deliberately got scammed, provided screenshots with timestamps to prove everything, and got the cold shoulder. For whatever reason, support allows these models to exploit their users.
Well you can't expect to get the tokens back. You broke the rules.

What response were you hoping for?

Upvote 0
Well you can't expect to get the tokens back. You broke the rules.

What response were you hoping for?
The model initiated the arrangement and requested a show off the site which is a violation of their rules, I did not ask her to go off site. So you tell me, if a model lures me off the site which in itself is a violation, requests payment in tokens and I provide proof that she did not perform the show, shouldn't I get my money back along with her receiving a ban? It sounds a lot like entrapment to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Follow site rules, don't try to cheat the system to get a cheaper show and voila, you won't get scammed.

That's a dumbass tax. Should the model offer shows off site? Absolutely not as it violates the TOS. Should you offer tokens to go off-site where they can't monitor if whatever was offered was fulfilled? Nope. Also against site TOS. Some models offer Snapchat etc for sending pics but don't do shows on them.

Upvote 0
The model initiated the arrangement and requested a show off the site which is a violation of their rules, I did not ask her to go off site. So you tell me, if a model lures me off the site which in itself is a violation, requests payment in tokens and I provide proof that she did not perform the show, shouldn't I get my money back along with her receiving a ban? It sounds a lot like entrapment to me.
Lured? what are you, a goldfish? ;)

I agree that if you can provide proof that the model was offering off-site shows that they should be reported. But that you should then receive a refund of tokens for YOU also breaking the rules? Maybe, but I would not say there is any obligation by the site to do so.

How long ago was this incident of yours?

Upvote 0
It sounds a lot like entrapment to me.
Tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution? lol yes, it kind of does sound like that is what you are attempting here, now that you mention it. You participated, and you want her to be punished while you are absolved?

Upvote 0
Follow site rules, don't try to cheat the system to get a cheaper show and voila, you won't get scammed.

That's a dumbass tax. Should the model offer shows off site? Absolutely not as it violates the TOS. Should you offer tokens to go off-site where they can't monitor if whatever was offered was fulfilled? Nope. Also against site TOS. Some models offer Snapchat etc for sending pics but don't do shows on them.
I did not offer her tokens, she requested. It was her initial violation that started the chain of events. If she had not offered for an offsite show and requested payment, I wouldn't have paid her, I wouldn't have gone off site and I wouldn't have been scammed.

Upvote 0
Tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution? lol yes, it kind of does sound like that is what you are attempting here, now that you mention it. You participated, and you want her to be punished while you are absolved?

Lured? what are you, a goldfish? ;)

I agree that if you can provide proof that the model was offering off-site shows that they should be reported. But that you should then receive a refund of tokens for YOU also breaking the rules? Maybe, but I would not say there is any obligation by the site to do so.

How long ago was this incident of yours?
yes lured. In hindsight, she knows it's difficult for me to claim a refund if the show is outside the site. Maybe getting a refund is questionable but she should receive some type of ban or something.

Upvote 0
The problem with off-site shows is that no one can prove whether it did or did not occur. That is the reason platforms discourage or outright disallow them, beyond wanting their cut. Any "proof" that could be offered would show nothing more than that the rule was broken by both of you. As the platforms can't know for certain what transpires outside of their channels, it's not their duty to mediate your goofy drama.

Pay on-site, get a show on-site. Sorry your lesson came at a price. Hopefully it makes it easier not to get scammed moving forward.

Upvote 0
yes lured. In hindsight, she knows it's difficult for me to claim a refund if the show is outside the site.
Of course it is difficult for you to get a refund, you broke the rules :)
Maybe getting a refund is questionable but she should receive some type of ban or something.
I agree that if you have proof that she instigated the off-site contact, (e.g. screenshots showing timestamps) you should report her, she broke the rules.

Again, I ask.... how long ago did this happen?

Upvote 0
Maybe getting a refund is questionable but she should receive some type of ban or something.
So did you make a report? Or just come here to stir the pot?

Upvote 0
Of course it is difficult for you to get a refund, you broke the rules :)

I agree that if you have proof that she instigated the off-site contact, (e.g. screenshots showing timestamps) you should report her, she broke the rules.

Again, I ask.... how long ago did this happen?
Yes i have screenshots with timestamps. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

Upvote 0
Did you report it to SC?

Did you get a support ticket number?
So did you make a report? Or just come here to stir the pot?
Yea, it took a few tries but they are investigating. At the very least, I expect the model to receive a ban. If Stripchat wants to avoid the ambiguity of deciding whether a show was provided, then ban the model for offering it in the first place, especially if the record is in the Stripchat chat logs. Appreciate the responses

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I did not offer her tokens, she requested. It was her initial violation that started the chain of events. If she had not offered for an offsite show and requested payment, I wouldn't have paid her, I wouldn't have gone off site and I wouldn't have been scammed.
You're a full ass grown adult capable of reading the TOS you agreed to as a member. You should have reported her the second she said to do a show off site. Instead, you claim she "lured" you in. You fell and paid for it. Takes two to do an off site show.

I'm not about to offer off site shows (when against TOS) because that's an absolutely idiotic action for anyone with an established fan base. Risking my entire account banned for a few extra tokens is a horrible biz move. You'll normally only see brand new or similar accounts scamming because they don't have a fan base to risk.

Upvote 0
You're a full ass grown adult capable of reading the TOS you agreed to as a member. You should have reported her the second she said to do a show off site. Instead, you claim she "lured" you in. You fell and paid for it. Takes two to do an off site show.

I'm not about to offer off site shows (when against TOS) because that's an absolutely idiotic action for anyone with an established fan base. Risking my entire account banned for a few extra tokens is a horrible biz move. You'll normally only see brand new or similar accounts scamming because they don't have a fan base to risk.
You're missing the point. I couldn't care less if a model offers to perform a show outside the site. Now, if you have no intention of fulfilling your end of the transaction after the agreement was made, then yes I will defer to Stripchats rules, attempt to get a refund and try to get the model banned.

You are right that scamming on shows offered offsite creates lose-lose situations, but Stripchat still makes their cut. I honestly don't blame them, I think I would set up the rules the same way if I was running the site.

Upvote 0
You're missing the point. I couldn't care less if a model offers to perform a show outside the site. Now, if you have no intention of fulfilling your end of the transaction after the agreement was made, then yes I will defer to Stripchats rules, attempt to get a refund and try to get the model banned.

You are right that scamming on shows offered offsite creates lose-lose situations, but Stripchat still makes their cut. I honestly don't blame them, I think I would set up the rules the same way if I was running the site.
how was issue resolved?

Upvote 0
There is only on this page where this type of dispute can still happen.
I have reported the scams many times on this page, and nothing is done.
I have never asked the model to perform an off-page show, I have only accepted and trusted a model who knows the rules perfectly and who has been able to benefit from chips without performing a show.
They have all the evidence to incriminate them. They let it go because it benefits them too.

As far as I am concerned, there will simply be no more reloads on this page.

Upvote 0
There is only on this page where this type of dispute can still happen.
I have reported the scams many times on this page, and nothing is done.
I have never asked the model to perform an off-page show, I have only accepted and trusted a model who knows the rules perfectly and who has been able to benefit from chips without performing a show.
They have all the evidence to incriminate them. They let it go because it benefits them too.

As far as I am concerned, there will simply be no more reloads on this page.
Mate.. you were scammed.. that sucks and you have my sympathy. But you broke the rules too by going offsite.

Move on.

Upvote 0
Mate.. you were scammed.. that sucks and you have my sympathy. But you broke the rules too by going offsite.

Move on.
I was wrong to trust a professional model who knew the rules.
She took me where she wanted to go, to rob without getting caught.
I was a fool to trust her.
You have to get caught to learn to be wary.
From now on, I'll be more careful. despite the other models who are not bad.

Upvote 0
it's silly to reason this way.
So if the user, proposes to the model to make a show outside the page, and the model accepts with a positive answer.
Should I report the model to show that it is breaking the rules? of course not.
How often do models offer Paypal payments?
That they give protection to their models, it is the least they can do.
But everything is relative.
I broke the rules, ok. Although I can prove that it was she who led me down that path.
But they and the administrators have everything to gain.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.