AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Hi! Sorry for the question but I'm new in streamate xx but I'm trying to find the camera settings when I go to stream. Is been a headache. I'm trying to find options to change light, contrast etc but I can't :( someone can help me please? Xx
you need to make those changes either through webcam settings or obs. you can change those settings by using their web browser.

open smconnect first then your webcam settings app or obs. i prefer obs.

if you don't know how to adjust your settings w/ obs:

Reactions: SeleneInanna
Upvote 0
debe realizar esos cambios a través de la configuración de la cámara web u obs. puede cambiar esa configuración utilizando su navegador web.

abra smconnect primero y luego la aplicación de configuración de su cámara web u obs. prefiero obs.

si no sabe cómo ajustar su configuración con obs:

Thank u so much for the answer xx I meant when I open smconnect I go to settings but I can't find nothing about light,contrast etc just lemme change the quality of my strream I'm not using obs atm :( ps sorry but I'm newbie in this site

Upvote 0
Thank u so much for the answer xx I meant when I open smconnect I go to settings but I can't find nothing about light,contrast etc just lemme change the quality of my strream I'm not using obs atm :( ps sorry but I'm newbie in this site

Download the Logitech gaming software, it’s easy and all in there

Upvote 0
yeah there isnt an option to do that. you have to use either your webcam setting app or obs to change those settings. be sure to open smconnect first before opening those other programs to adjust your settings.

dont be sorry! its a learning curve! we were all new at one point :D

Upvote 0
Sí, no hay una opción para hacer eso. tiene que usar la aplicación de configuración de su cámara web u obs para cambiar esa configuración. asegúrese de abrir smconnect primero antes de abrir esos otros programas para ajustar su configuración.

¡no lo sientas! es una curva de aprendizaje! todos éramos nuevos en un punto:D
Thank u xx

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Hello again! Something weird just happened to me in SM... if it has happened to anyone, please give me some advice. when I have had a private premium there was a user who connected to the private one over and over again. in fact when all the members had already disconnected from the private chat this weird guy was still in the private disconnected and connecting non-stop. when i looked at the earnings, this member didn't show up in my payouts at all...i tried to report him but the pig only shows up in private and when i click on his profile i don't get any options. He didn't connect to my free chat so I can't report it. or maybe I can but I don't know how to do it... could someone please give me some advice. thank you all very much ❤❤❤

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi! Sorry for the question but I'm new in streamate xx but I'm trying to find the camera settings when I go to stream. Is been a headache. I'm trying to find options to change light, contrast etc but I can't :( someone can help me please? Xx
as far as I'm aware, there aren't any?

Upvote 0
Hello again! Something weird just happened to me in SM... if it has happened to anyone, please give me some advice. when I have had a private premium there was a user who connected to the private one over and over again. in fact when all the members had already disconnected from the private chat this weird guy was still in the private disconnected and connecting non-stop. when i looked at the earnings, this member didn't show up in my payouts at all...i tried to report him but the pig only shows up in private and when i click on his profile i don't get any options. He didn't connect to my free chat so I can't report it. or maybe I can but I don't know how to do it... could someone please give me some advice. thank you all very much ❤❤❤
Be really careful and keep an eye out for these guys and make sure you ban them from your room ASAP. Streamate has this stupid rule where the first 30s of private (doesnt apply to exclusive) customers dont have to pay. So you will get ones staying for 20s or so then leaving and coming back and if you're not careful they'll get a whole show for free. On the same note, try not to do ANYTHING when you first start a private except talk/discuss what they want until that first 30s is up. People will 100% try and take the piss because you're new so hopefully once you've lost your new status you'll get less pisstakers

Upvote 0
In terms of reporting it, it's unfortunately too late once they've left and you've gotta try and remember their username and ban them as soon as you can next time they come back. Easier said than done though, my memory's terrible and it'll sometimes happen to me a few times before I either catch them in the act, or remember their name as soon as it pops up again...

Upvote 0

As said above, they get 30 seconds before they are charged (this is to protect us from chargebacks so they can't say they couldn't connect). If they pop in and out before that time is up they never have to pay. When they pop in I always open up their profile and if they leave before that time is up then I block them using this link:
https://legacy.streamatemodels.com/flash/blockmember.php?uid=
Insert their user ID at the very end (can be found in the link at the top of their profile when you open it) and then block them from messages. Go into your blocked list and make sure to click to block them from your chat room as well. It's a hassle, but it's the only work around we have to block after they've already left.

Be really careful and keep an eye out for these guys and make sure you ban them from your room ASAP. Streamate has this stupid rule where the first 30s of private (doesnt apply to exclusive) customers dont have to pay.

It actually does apply to Exclusive as well as Private, so be aware they can still take advantage of the 30 seconds in Exclusive chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It actually does apply to Exclusive as well as Private, so be aware they can still take advantage of the 30 seconds in Exclusive chat.
Oh wow thanks for correcting me I actually had no idea... I think I must've just been lucky so far and never had anyone dip out before 30s in exclusive otherwise I'm sure I'd have questioned why I didn't see their payment!

Upvote 0
When they pop in I always open up their profile and if they leave before that time is up then I block them using this link:
Insert their user ID at the very end (can be found in the link at the top of their profile when you open it) and then block them from messages. Go into your blocked list and make sure to click to block them from your chat room as well. It's a hassle, but it's the only work around we have to block after they've already left.
Also thanks for this amazing tip

Upvote 0
En términos de informarlo, desafortunadamente es demasiado tarde una vez que se han ido y debes tratar de recordar su nombre de usuario y prohibirlo tan pronto como puedas la próxima vez que regrese. Sin embargo, es más fácil decirlo que hacerlo, mi memoria es terrible y a veces me sucederá un par de veces antes de que los atrape en el acto o recuerde su nombre tan pronto como aparezca de nuevo...
H!! I sent an email to support with his nickname they already blocked him from my account🤭 I didn't know that... what a bull**** now that I now I gonna count Always! Always! So is not for exclusive? Is just for premium? Thank u so much for the help xx from now this cheap idiots are gotta be crying ❤🤭🤭

Reactions: GoddessKaeli
Upvote 0
Como se dijo anteriormente, tienen 30 segundos antes de que se carguen (esto es para protegernos de las devoluciones de cargo para que no puedan decir que no pudieron conectarse). Si entran y salen antes de que se acabe el tiempo, nunca tendrán que pagar. Cuando aparecen, siempre abro su perfil y si se van antes de que se acabe el tiempo, los bloqueo usando este enlace:
Inserta su ID de usuario al final (se puede encontrar en el enlace en la parte superior de su perfil cuando lo abres) y luego bloquéalo de los mensajes. Vaya a su lista de bloqueados y asegúrese de hacer clic para bloquearlos también de su sala de chat. Es una molestia, pero es la única solución que tenemos que bloquear después de que ya se hayan ido.

En realidad, se aplica tanto a Exclusivo como a Privado, así que tenga en cuenta que aún pueden aprovechar los 30 segundos en el chat Exclusivo.
TThAnk u so much🙏🙏🙏

Upvote 0
So is not for exclusive? Is just for premium? Thank u so much for the help xx from now this cheap idiots are gotta be crying ❤🤭🤭
Check GoddessKaeli's answer, turns out it is for exclusive too. And SAME, no more second chances for these dirty freeloaders

Upvote 0
The best webcam settings for me its Logi Capture. If you're using a Logitech, u can use it as a splitter. If Logi Capture is not working properly on ur computer, i suggest you to download camera Settings from Logitech website!

Upvote 0
Models who auto-post things in to your chat like advertising video deals or reminding people to tip - how do you do it? All I can seem to do is write out messages and save them as shortcuts but I still have to click to post them. Is there some kind of bot like MFC's Charlesbot that you're using to tell it to post these messages every 5mins or something?

Upvote 0
Models who auto-post things in to your chat like advertising video deals or reminding people to tip - how do you do it? All I can seem to do is write out messages and save them as shortcuts but I still have to click to post them. Is there some kind of bot like MFC's Charlesbot that you're using to tell it to post these messages every 5mins or something?
I think they're still manually posting them, it might just not be obvious as there is often a lag between what appears on the chat box and them doing it on screen.

Upvote 0
i know of models who have their SO be like a cam manager and handle all chats. i assume they either sit off cam or use teamviewer as studios do.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
You can create macros using an app like https://www.autohotkey.com/, although I haven't messed with any such thing in ages, so that might no longer be the best tool, or it might not work as well with the new broadcaster. But there are absolutely ways to automate things. There are no official or built-in methods besides the saved messages that you otherwise have to trigger manually. As others said, it might simply appear automatic because of the lag.

--

Unrelated to that, on the subject of blocking users after they're gone:

If you install a userscript manager like Tampermonkey, here is the code I use to create a nice red block button right on the user detail page, so that you don't need to go through the extra trouble of grabbing their ID and copying it into another URL (this will NOT block them from the new messenger):

JavaScript:
var userid = (location.search.split('userid=')[1]||'').split('&')[0]

var txt = '<div style="clear:both; text-align:right;"><form method="POST" action="https://legacy.streamatemodels.com/smblock.php?" style="margin:0;"><input type="hidden" name="oldrelation[' + userid + ']" value="1028"><input type="hidden" name="blocked[' + userid + '][]" value="2" checked="1"><input type="hidden" name="blocked[' + userid + '][]" value="1024" checked="1"><button class="btn btn-danger button_short" type="submit" value="submit"><span>Block</span></button></form><br /></div>'

$('#page_body').append(txt);

Looks roughly like:

1653948761164.png

--

I use this Chrome extension to search my browsing history in order to find particular users after I've closed their user details page, in case they're long gone by the time I realize I want them gone forever (since the username isn't in the title or the URL): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/falcon/mmifbbohghecjloeklpbinkjpbplfalb?hl=en

Upvote 0
@Lintilla thats amazing !! thank you for sharing.
Ive never used script managers before, is there any privacy concern RE site data and passwords with these apps?

Upvote 0
@Lintilla thats amazing !! thank you for sharing.
Ive never used script managers before, is there any privacy concern RE site data and passwords with these apps?
There's always a concern with any browser extension. I personally use Tampermonkey for scripts and Stylus for personal CSS styles (I like to move my SM preview window to the right side of the screen!), and I'm not aware with any specific issues with either of those.

Tampermonkey isn't open source, however, so I've been wondering if Violentmonkey or something else works just as well for me, since it's harder to put anything sneaky into your extension when anyone who wants to can take a look at the code.

It's basically up to you to decide on your level of trust. With Tampermonkey, I'd be more concerned with the scripts you install than with the extension itself. The permissions Chrome asks for are still overly broad, IMHO, so users get used to allowing permissions that could be (but usually aren't) abused without questioning them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: thinkinboutit
Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. I decided this would be best also. My job is to entertain and that is all.
Yes it can be frustrating but SM tech support are there for a reason. If he is smart enough to find you on alternative site you may have more room to discuss other websites on Skype whereas you cannot discuss other websites on SM.

Reactions: LolaLuv
Upvote 0
Hiya!! There is a thing that I don't understand 🤔 if some member pais for a block for 30 min whatever, if he leaves before that 30 min, he will pay just the min on the private/exclusive? Becose if it is like this. I don't understand what's the point😅 thank u xx

Upvote 0
Hiya!! There is a thing that I don't understand 🤔 if some member pais for a block for 30 min whatever, if he leaves before that 30 min, he will pay just the min on the private/exclusive? Becose if it is like this. I don't understand what's the point😅 thank u xx
No I'm pretty sure he pays for the full block regardless of when he leaves. If you leave before the block ends, he doesn't pay a penny though. Once the block is finished, it will let you both stay in the session at the discounted rate per minute but at that point either of you can chose to leave and the block will be paid for plus however many discounted minutes you did on top of that :)

Upvote 0
I think I read somewhere though that there's also some stupid rule about if he leaves during the first 3 minutes (or something like that) then he gets it for free? Not sure if thats true or not, luckily hasn't happened to me yet!

Upvote 0
No, estoy bastante seguro de que paga el bloque completo independientemente de cuándo se vaya. Si te vas antes de que termine el bloque, no paga ni un centavo. Una vez que finalice el bloque, les permitirá a ambos permanecer en la sesión a la tarifa con descuento por minuto, pero en ese momento cualquiera de ustedes puede optar por irse y el bloque se pagará más los minutos con descuento que haya hecho además de eso.:)
oh!Thank u so much for u answer!! U made my day ❤❤ xxx

Upvote 0
Blocks are discounted, so a 30 minute block will mean the member gets a 10% discount. If they leave before 3 full minutes then they just pay for the time in the show so far WITH the discount. After 3 minutes they will be charged for the full block of time regardless of when they leave. If they stay over the block of time (ex: 35 minutes on a 30 minute block) they will continue to pay the discounted rate until they leave or you disconnect. The member has 2 hours to come back and finish a block if you are disconnected or if they leave. This doesn't mean you HAVE to remain online for the full 2 hours, just that they may be able to resume the block if you are still online within that 2 hours. If you disconnect during the block you will still be paid but Streamate may take action if this is a habit.

Upvote 0
Creo que leí en alguna parte que también hay una regla estúpida sobre si se va durante los primeros 3 minutos (o algo así) y luego lo obtiene gratis. No estoy seguro de si eso es cierto o no, ¡afortunadamente no me ha pasado todavía!
How is it possible this???? So if he leaves in 3 mins the show is free????? Wtf???? Someone can help with this?? Pleasee

Upvote 0
Blocks are discounted, so a 30 minute block will mean the member gets a 10% discount. If they leave before 3 full minutes then they just pay for the time in the show so far WITH the discount. After 3 minutes they will be charged for the full block of time regardless of when they leave. If they stay over the block of time (ex: 35 minutes on a 30 minute block) they will continue to pay the discounted rate until they leave or you disconnect. The member has 2 hours to come back and finish a block if you are disconnected or if they leave. This doesn't mean you HAVE to remain online for the full 2 hours, just that they may be able to resume the block if you are still online within that 2 hours. If you disconnect during the block you will still be paid but Streamate may take action if this is a habit.
So what an stupid thing if they leaves before 3 min! Yhe best thing to do is not start the show after the 3 min isn't?🤔 I've never made blocks is that why I was so confuse😅 but u made my day too xxx

Upvote 0