AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

when this happens to me it's because the website has a glitch and my room isn't being broadcasted on the front page. are you able to check to see that it's showing you active on the members side? the site has been SUPER glitchy for me lately. i close down my browser and restart everything and it fixes it. hopefully it's just a glitch because i am getting reaaaaaaaal sick of these dead contests
Yeah I did check I was showing online, sound was working etc a couple of times. Other than an unusually long lag, all looked fine. To be fair, going long stretches of up to 20mins without a peep happened on and off a lot yesterday and the previous days weren't much better so I do just think it's genuinely that slow for me right now. Such a drag, they need to work on increasing their traffic if they're gonna keep these contests alive!

Upvote 0
Yeah I did check I was showing online, sound was working etc a couple of times. Other than an unusually long lag, all looked fine. To be fair, going long stretches of up to 20mins without a peep happened on and off a lot yesterday and the previous days weren't much better so I do just think it's genuinely that slow for me right now. Such a drag, they need to work on increasing their traffic if they're gonna keep these contests alive!
Not sure if you're aware of this, but if not, and for anybody else: if you're checking your own feed and aren't using a member account, don't worry about the lag too much. Logged in users must get routed through a better server, because that lag just about disappears once you're signed in.

Upvote 0
i logged in to stream after a while and waited for almost an hour with 0 traffic, 0 potential customers (had one potential customer that probs just found me thru my social media tbh) so i decided to check my placement to see whats up and i was showing as not being online ?? its very weird, this has never happened to me before even after longer hiatus, any girlies going thru the same stuff? its sm being hella glitchy or am i shadowbanned or something?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lunasha and wdesr
Upvote 0
i logged in to stream after a while and waited for almost an hour with 0 traffic, 0 potential customers (had one potential customer that probs just found me thru my social media tbh) so i decided to check my placement to see whats up and i was showing as not being online ?? its very weird, this has never happened to me before even after longer hiatus, any girlies going thru the same stuff? its sm being hella glitchy or am i shadowbanned or something?
me too zero traffic, not one person, Im making a new thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lunasha
Upvote 0
It's the same for me. I wrote an email to support waiting for a response I have been online for 3 hours and no user has entered my room, I have searched on the main page where I am always located and I appear offline.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
It's the same for me. I wrote an email to support waiting for a response I have been online for 3 hours and no user has entered my room, I have searched on the main page where I am always located and I appear offline.
That's mad infuriating I'm sorry! It's been a hella slow day for me today too, pretty much as shit as it was during competition week last week. I'm getting the odd person in my room so I don't think its a technical issue for me, just no one around :'(

• Hugs
Upvote 0
It was happening to all of us last night. Atleast that’s what I saw on the discord. Models weren’t showing as online and sitting for an hour at a time in empty rooms. It was very exasperating. After a few hours it resolved, but it was slow. Awful night!

Upvote 0
It was happening to all of us last night. Atleast that’s what I saw on the discord. Models weren’t showing as online and sitting for an hour at a time in empty rooms. It was very exasperating. After a few hours it resolved, but it was slow. Awful night!
Streamate seems glitchy as hell just now. The model I visit was sitting with no sound, likely for a while before I made her aware of it. Her housemate was the same. I knew it wasn't an issue at my end because I could hear other models. However, without someone telling them, they would appear to have no way of knowing.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Streamate seems glitchy as hell just now. The model I visit was sitting with no sound, likely for a while before I made her aware of it. Her housemate was the same. I knew it wasn't an issue at my end because I could hear other models. However, without someone telling them, they would appear to have no way of knowing.
Often times to fix for that specific glitch, is to go into the settings and change to a different mic, then immediately change it back. Often times that makes the volume come back. I found that switching from Chrome to Explorer makes it comes back too. We discuss a lot of these things on the Discord, it’s definitely worth her probably joining. Because we discuss this stuff in real time as it’s happening, which is very valuable to know. For instance last night when the site was working again the only reason I knew is because I was checking the Discord, and another model was kind enough to share that information. Discord is set up for chat and immediate real time information sharing. Yeah they’re doing updates or somethings seems to happen a lot when they do updates or roll things out or whatever it is called. I’m not a computer person. Apparently it’s complicated though and if they do one thing wrong it’s like a flow chart, and it can fuck everything else up. But that’s just one model told me, I don’t know if that is really how computer stuff works.

ETA; To be honest all the sites have a lot of glitches. Or most anyways.

Upvote 0
oh, that explains a lot. hm. i guess they are working on something bigger that is messing with so many things? hopefully will be fine again soon.

Upvote 0
oh, that explains a lot. hm. i guess they are working on something bigger that is messing with so many things? hopefully will be fine again soon.
I think they worked through the night fixing it or something like that. Per the discord. I can’t stream right now but hopefully things are better for those who are

Upvote 0
its your connection then, site loads fine here
It loaded again for me for like 20 minutes but it’s been gone since then? How weird it’s loading for you. Have you noticed anything weird about the website? Or is it all completely normal for you?

Upvote 0
honestly not a site i have gone to really, just checked that it loaded etc, didnt really stay long, clicked a couple cams and they loaded/worked.
Maybe just your area, or they are having some issues & only effects some.
Ok well it’s not working so perhaps wait for a streamate official to respond

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Ok well it’s not working so perhaps wait for a streamate official to respond
I've been online for 4 hours today but I spent a lot of that with no visitors in my room so wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues stopping people from logging in/accessing the site still. Also there was some weird glitch where the 30s countdown to return to your room after a show wasnt working and I was just hanging around in "guest" chat but with no guests.

@ElektraDivine did you receive your bonus from the 12th/13th 30% bonus event today? I didn't receive mine in my payout :(

Upvote 0
Where did the " record your show/private" option go on streamate connect??!!
It's totally gone & why don't they tell us these things!!?
I think I read on the discord yesterday that it's part of this huge sitewide glitch that's going on and they're looking into it..

On a separate note, does anyone know the rules on guest appearances on stream? If you're an individual account (female as opposed to couple) are you allowed to have other models with you on your stream? I thought that was reserved for couples accounts only?

Upvote 0
I think I read on the discord yesterday that it's part of this huge sitewide glitch that's going on and they're looking into it..

On a separate note, does anyone know the rules on guest appearances on stream? If you're an individual account (female as opposed to couple) are you allowed to have other models with you on your stream? I thought that was reserved for couples accounts only?
I think you can do it by linking accounts. I'm not sure how to do that but I think they created the link accounts feature for this reason.

@JessRyan yeah, the record button disappeared a few weeks ago. No updates lately. They said it was because of the latest chrome update, but I can't record on Edge browser either so I think it's something else. I'd love to know which browser it still works on because I like to upsell recordings of longer shows.

Upvote 0
I've been online for 4 hours today but I spent a lot of that with no visitors in my room so wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues stopping people from logging in/accessing the site still. Also there was some weird glitch where the 30s countdown to return to your room after a show wasnt working and I was just hanging around in "guest" chat but with no guests.

@ElektraDivine did you receive your bonus from the 12th/13th 30% bonus event today? I didn't receive mine in my payout :(
I didn’t do the contest week, I logged on for a very quiet 30 mins and decided to priories my mental health instead haha. Hope it gets paid out soon for you!

Upvote 0
its your connection then, site loads fine here

Streamate models do not use Streamate dot com to stream on. They use a slightly different URL for work.

Upvote 0
does any other customers have problems when trying to c2c? a small window pops up with your webcam preview and the request cam2cam button. as seen in the picture below my webcam does not show up. when i click retry it does not work. i recieve a message in the chatbox telling me to "please grant camera/microphone access in your web browser" which i have already done. i'm using microsoft edge btw. i have tried another browser but the problem still persists.

i read a post from a user who said that streamate used to be flash based but changed to html5. he explained the problems that i am currently having. i attached a picture of his post along with one of my screenshots.

--------------------------
user post regarding streamate.PNG

-------------------------------------------------
test crop 1.png

Upvote 0
Does anyone know - if you block someone from your room, can you still receive cammodel earnings from that person spending in other peoples’ rooms?
Update: streamateKelly says yes just fyi if anyone’s interested

Upvote 0
Does anyone know - if you block someone from your room, can you still receive cammodel earnings from that person spending in other peoples’ rooms?
I wish I knew. I recently was on a live “break” while after an exclusive getting ready to get back to stream and a member I’ve been hoping to block came in and I blocked him during my “break” and I learned that does not really block them.

Upvote 0