AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does annoy me is that Streamate has a setting where after a certain amount of time, it kicks the model offline and you are then left doing the "refresh of doom" to see if they are back. It must hurt the model as well because a lot of the users who were sitting patiently waiting might not come back.

Yes! I had a model friend on SM I'd visit and tip, and that "refresh of doom" (lol) annoyed me too.

Reactions: FakeTitsFetish
Yes! I had a model friend on SM I'd visit and tip, and that "refresh of doom" (lol) annoyed me too.
It's a simple fix as well. I mean, I guess it detects lack of movement on camera but I've sat in a room chatting with other customers when the model is absent. Surely an active chat should be enough to keep the room open.

Reactions: Highlander884
Surely an active chat should be enough to keep the room open.
I think it's more that they don't want an unattended stream to stay live because if the performer isn't there, they can't control their chat or what happens to pass into view of their cam.

It's a simple fix as well. I mean, I guess it detects lack of movement on camera but I've sat in a room chatting with other customers when the model is absent. Surely an active chat should be enough to keep the room open.
If you want to know when a model will be back then simply DM them (with a tip) or look at their usual schedule. That's what everyone else does (who's actually serious about shows and not just clinging out in the free chat forever; disrupting and putting off other buyers, then dropping 1 gold) 🤷‍♀️.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaffronBurke
If you want to know when a model will be back then simply DM them (with a tip) or look at their usual schedule. That's what everyone else does (who's actually serious about shows and not just clinging out in the free chat forever; disrupting and putting off other buyers, then dropping 1 gold) 🤷‍♀️.
I think we are talking about different things here. I was referring to when a model says "I'm going for a pee. Wait for me" and then she has to wait on someone bringing her a new roll of toilet paper so it takes longer and SM boots everyone, as opposed to just generally wondering when a model will be online. They're fully intending on being back in a few minutes but SM got jumpy and kicked everyone, including her out of the room.

As in a model who everyone in the room was already interacting with and tipping. Then everyone gets booted and not everyone necessarily returns.

As in a model who everyone in the room was already interacting with and tipping. Then everyone gets booted and not everyone necessarily returned
Of course, you already stated that. That's how the site works. It's not a token site, SM models can't service everyone at the same time anyway. So whether every member returns or not is irrelevant. Those who are serious Regs always do, and cheap, impatient fly-bys can move on anyway, not much of a loss 🤷‍♀️

And no we're not talking about different things.

SM is less social than, say, a token site. They don't cater to creating a social free chat environment. So if the performer isn't present, they don't see the need to keep the stream going. It's very common for SM performers to log on and off multiple times throughout a shift, unlike MFC or CB or the like where a performer gets on and stays on until they are done for the day. Building up a big free chat attendance isn't the goal on SM for most. If you want a show, get one before you miss your chance. That's the vibe.

Of course, you already stated that. That's how the site works. It's not a token site, SM models can't service everyone at the same time anyway. So whether every member returns or not is irrelevant. Those who are serious Regs always do, and cheap, impatient fly-bys can move on anyway, not much of a loss 🤷‍♀️

And no we're not talking about different things.
Sorry, I think I was just a bit puzzled by the suggestion of DMing her - which she's not going to reply to if she's on the toilet - which made me think we were referring to different things. That and the reference to her schedule.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
One kind of irritating incident. I was in a room, not very busy, and publically tipped the model without a request. Not a major tip, a couple of hundred tokens. No response or acknowledgement. That didn't bother me too much. I then sent a pm complimenting her. Then while she was nowhere near the keyboard I get a "Thanks a lot" response. She wasn't doing a show she was getting something from another part of the room. She wouldn't have even seen the pm yet.

At no point did it feel like I was interacting with her. Someone responded, just not her. That really killed my interest.

One kind of irritating incident. I was in a room, not very busy, and publically tipped the model without a request. Not a major tip, a couple of hundred tokens. No response or acknowledgement. That didn't bother me too much. I then sent a pm complimenting her. Then while she was nowhere near the keyboard I get a "Thanks a lot" response. She wasn't doing a show she was getting something from another part of the room. She wouldn't have even seen the pm yet.

At no point did it feel like I was interacting with her. Someone responded, just not her. That really killed my interest.
Was the irritating part the lack of response to the tip, or someone else responding to the pm, or the combination of both?
ETA: I've been visiting some rooms lately that I haven't been in before, and find that no matter how sexy and appealing the model is, if I can't chat or at least interact in a very basic way with them, my enjoyment of that room is severely reduced. I don't just mean if the model is tired at the end of a show, or just not feeling good, that should always be allowed for; but regularly, routinely not engaging with those in the room.
And before anyone wonders, yes I do tip well, but a response to the tips is not what I'm looking for, that's not why I do it.

Last edited:
Was the irritating part the lack of response to the tip, or someone else responding to the pm, or the combination of both?
ETA: I've been visiting some rooms lately that I haven't been in before, and find that no matter how sexy and appealing the model is, if I can't chat or at least interact in a very basic way with them, my enjoyment of that room is severely reduced. I don't just mean if the model is tired at the end of a show, or just not feeling good, that should always be allowed for; but regularly, routinely not engaging with those in the room.
And before anyone wonders, yes I do tip well, but a response to the tips is not what I'm looking for, that's not why I do it.
Someone else responding. I only mentioned the tip because the entire interaction felt off. It almost felt like she wasn't even connected to the site.

My model friend broadcasts on 5 different sites simultaneously, as per her studio contract.
She has told me that she does not have time to respond to every tip personally. Her studio admins respond in chat for her, and from what I have seen of the chats on at least two of those sites, the responses are automatic. The admins may even be using bots, but this is just my theory.
For example, a tip of X amount gets X reply. The reply seems to be tailored to the amount tipped and is the same every time.
She only replies in PM to members who tip for it. Now on CB for example, the price for PM is 10 tokens. Sometimes, when her room has hundreds of viewers, she responds in PM to the highest tippers or to regulars that she knows and likes.
She does not respond to "greys" at all, and her admins act as mods for her.
It has taken me months of visiting her room to understand how she operates, and while I don't really blame her, I can understand how this would be off-putting for newcomers to her room.
I don't know if this is helpful to the discussion, I just thought I would put it out there to help to understand.

Reactions: Highlander884
I understand and get that. But it is still bad when they're sending u a pm for free when they're not typing in what seems to he a quiet room.

My model friend broadcasts on 5 different sites simultaneously, as per her studio contract.
She has told me that she does not have time to respond to every tip personally. Her studio admins respond in chat for her, and from what I have seen of the chats on at least two of those sites, the responses are automatic. The admins may even be using bots, but this is just my theory.
For example, a tip of X amount gets X reply. The reply seems to be tailored to the amount tipped and is the same every time.
She only replies in PM to members who tip for it. Now on CB for example, the price for PM is 10 tokens. Sometimes, when her room has hundreds of viewers, she responds in PM to the highest tippers or to regulars that she knows and likes.
She does not respond to "greys" at all, and her admins act as mods for her.
It has taken me months of visiting her room to understand how she operates, and while I don't really blame her, I can understand how this would be off-putting for newcomers to her room.
I don't know if this is helpful to the discussion, I just thought I would put it out there to help to understand.
It's helpful in explaining it. My point of view is that I want to interact with the model, not an anonymous admin. I can interact with anonymous people for free on forums ;)

Yeah, using other people's pics should be a crime at this points.

My other ones are doing something else when the private starts. This one model just could not stop writing something while I was sitting there waiting lol Keyword is annoying as something like this has only happened once, and I didn't ask for or a refund or complain to anyone. Honestly a mostly good memory bc it was humourous. They must have been jotting down something serious before I had enough after a few minutes 😭

Now something beyond annoying is when they out themselves as being a bigot. Like, you have to go out of your way to show me that because I'm probably in the tip menu or private talking about boobs...so why are you saying you hate my people out of nowhere 😕🤔 Also doesn't happen that often 😊😁 Hence me being a cam fan for the last 5 or so years.

The "refresh of doom" thing that @misterical was talking about in his post (That's what I was responding to)? Yes, it's a thing.
And, if you are doing the refresh of doom because you've been temporarily disconnected then that's one thing. But refreshing every minute to see whether your favourite model is online yet is another and you should probably step away from cam sites at that point :rofl:

But refreshing every minute to see whether your favourite model is online yet is another and you should probably step away from cam sites at that point :rofl:

Lmfao. I have no doubt that there are members who do this, AND still not tip the model/go private. 🙄

Reactions: Brit
And, if you are doing the refresh of doom because you've been temporarily disconnected then that's one thing. But refreshing every minute to see whether your favourite model is online yet is another and you should probably step away from cam sites at that point :rofl:
People do that still?
Most sites have browser/email notifications now. 🤣

Reactions: yummybrownfox
People do that still?
Most sites have browser/email notifications now. 🤣

Some years ago a favorite member told me that the notifications feature was hit or miss for him, because sometimes it wouldn’t even notify him until long after I’ve started broadcasting. But I can’t remember if he was talking about MyFreeCams, Streamate, or both.

Something funny I just remembered…I had a member or two ask if I could start e-mailing them every time I get on cam, which is just absurd to me. 😂 You can follow on Twitter/add to friends list/favorite me/use notifications, just like everybody else.

Reactions: Brit and Ozzie_
Some years ago a favorite member told me that the notifications feature was hit or miss for him, because sometimes it wouldn’t even notify him until long after I’ve started broadcasting. But I can’t remember if he was talking about MyFreeCams, Streamate, or both.

Something funny I just remembered…I had a member or two ask if I could start e-mailing them every time I get on cam, which is just absurd to me. 😂 You can follow on Twitter/add to friends list/favorite me/use notifications, just like everybody else.
I know, for me, that on SC the browser notifications rarely come and the email notifcations only came about 30 minutes after the fact.

That reminds me. Can you Email me just before you log on Forum? Many thanks. 🙄

• Funny!
Reactions: Brit
I know, for me, that on SC the browser notifications rarely come and the email notifcations only came about 30 minutes after the fact.
I follow a model on Camsoda and the site's SMS alerts work really well......... very often they arrive simultaneously with the DMs she sends to the same effect, and if later, it's only by a few seconds.

Reactions: Ozzie_ and NotYou

The browser notifications for coming online work well for me on SC, usually within a few minutes of them coming online. The notifications I have problems with (which I now have turned off because of it), is from PMs.
I will sometimes get them properly, you know a model sends me a PM, I get the notification. But a lot of times I don't receive the notification and then suddenly one day I will get a message from a model I have them enabled for and BAM, I get 100 notifications all 1 after the other.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Ich Bin and Ozzie_
Status
Not open for further replies.