AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird etiquette.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
Interested to know if anyone has any weird cam etiquette that they find themselves questioning the sanity of.

The model I visit regularly has a couple of really close friends who are also models. They are really close. Like sisters. I visit them to say hi regularly but only for a very short length of time and I don't tip them or take a show from them. Every time I'm in one of their rooms and someone tips them for something sexual, I hastily make my excuses and leave. They know the relationship I have with their friend and I don't want things to be awkward. It just feels completely wrong to hang around and see them naked etc. It always feels totally awkward when I leave. I can't close the browser fast enough lol

Does anyone else have any weird quirks like this? Or even weirder? :rofl:

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Why do you do that? What do you gain from visiting them regularly, not tipping and deliberately trying to not accidentally catch them doing anything sexual? What do you think they have to gain (or are you aware that they don't)?

I'm trying to get a grasp of what you said as it doesn't even start to make sense to me. The model you like has friends, and you don't want to see the friends in sexual situations. Yet you visit them, don't tip, wait for someone else to do it and when they do you close the browser because it's oh so gross.

To me it does make me kinda self conscious when members leave exactly when I'm starting to show my body or engage in something sexual so why would you go there and do that to those girls.

Fucking tip them dude. If you are constantly visiting them and making small talk, TIP THEM FOR THEIR TIME. $2 at least. I dont care about the whole nudity thing. But what you are doing is pretty rude. Its not a quirky weird thing thats lol so funny. 🙄

Especially if these models know if you are a reg to their friend. I would be pissed if my model friend's reg made a habit of what you are doing. And if i had a reg doing that to my friends, id chew him out and possibly ban.

Honestly man, i think camsites arent for you. You make lots of situations so much more dramatic than they need to be.

Regarding your specific example of weird etiquette, I agree it’s kind of weird.

I think I get the underlying reason, though. You feel loyalty to the model you visit regularly. And that is both the reason why you are motivated to visit her friends’ rooms just to say hi, and the reason why you’re aggressively keeping those visits non-sexy and non-financially supportive. In your mind, tipping her friends or enjoying their shows in a sexual way would be a form of betrayal… am I right?

You’re visiting them as a member/client during their work hours. So, as you seem to realize, it’s pretty unusual to deliberately avoid instigating anything sexy or financial.
To me, not wanting a sexy show isn’t that weird. Not tipping is the weird part (wouldn’t your regular model appreciate knowing you left a little something for her friend too?) and also fleeing the room when the show gets explicit (sends the wrong message and is probably not helpful to the room’s vibe).

As for myself - I don’t think I have any weird etiquette behaviors, but maybe I just don’t notice them. The only thing I can think of is that as a rule, I tend to leave models’ public rooms while she’s doing private shows, even if I intend to come back afterward. But a lot of members do that, so I don’t think it’s particularly weird.

I agree with Audri. This is going to sound harsh, because it is, you are literally my worst nightmare when it comes to viewers, misterical

I can handle the drama, I can handle the lies, I can handle the temper tantrums but I know fuckall what to do with a guy like you other than permaban you.

But, here's the thing, banning you also makes me look like the asshole. Everyone else in the room is thinking you're doing nothing wrong when you are doing everything wrong.

We consent to this and as an independent model, if it's on my menu I am HAPPY to get PAID to do it.

I think you should stick to tube sites and let these women get on with their lives. A relationship between two models should have no bearing on your desire to compensate them for their time. Even if it's just a hello how are you kind of tip.

All tips matter and all tips add up at the end of the day. Hell there have been days when I needed someone, anyone, to tip me 100 tokens in order for me to meet the minimum for payout.

Think about that.

I don’t really understand the desire to visit a model’s friends. I have had a couple models say “<username X> is a friend of mine, we get drinks after work” or something, but for the most part I don’t have any desire to visit them because it feels like it could get awkward (I have had some model jealousy drama in the past so maybe I have a strange perspective on that). If you feel like you must stop by and say hi, just leave a general tip note greeting or compliment and move on. I don’t see why you’d want to hang around, but you certainly shouldn’t without tipping.

As for me, I was thinking about it and I don’t think any of my etiquette is weird, but then fish don’t understand what water is either so who knows:

- any room I stay in for more that the 10-15 seconds it takes to figure out is it is a room you want to see, I tip
Something, though maybe not that much at first

- if it the first time I visit the room my first tip is almost always a compliment via tip note, usually something not too overtly sexual (“what a great outfit,” “love your tattoos,” etc), unless they are in the middle of some show where it might be “wow, what a great ass” or something relevant to the show

- I never talk about other specific models, though I am honest that I visit and tip other models if asked

-never negotiate prices on the tip menu or for privates

- ask before taking private and describe what I am hoping to do

- never ask questions the model may be uncomfortable answering (name, how old are you really, where are you from, do you have a partner, etc)

To me, those seem like basic courtesy but those are the rules I try to hold myself to

The only thing I can think of that might qualify is that when I am new to a model's room I tip for very casual menu items - "you like me" or "blow a kiss" type stuff. I know it's my own self consciousness but I feel weird showing up out of nowhere to tip for a dildo ride. It takes me a couple visits to feel comfortable making bigger asks of the model. Not sure if that's etiquette or just my tastes though.

The only thing I can think of that might qualify is that when I am new to a model's room I tip for very casual menu items - "you like me" or "blow a kiss" type stuff. I know it's my own self consciousness but I feel weird showing up out of nowhere to tip for a dildo ride. It takes me a couple visits to feel comfortable making bigger asks of the model. Not sure if that's etiquette or just my tastes though.

I do that sometimes just to get a feel for how the model interacts with tippers, if I’m new to the room. Something small just to get the ball rolling and observe a little.

Reactions: Lilly_____
I don't think that's weird, I like when there's a progression in the interaction with a member, not necessarily in more than one visit. I like the dynamic of some small talk, maybe jokes, teasing and then it evolving to something sexual. It feels organic and enjoyable. I wouldn't say it would belong to what misterical said.

Wow, went out for the afternoon and got cruficied as expected.

I should provide a bit of context.

The no tipping thing is their policy, not mine. For some reason, the three girls seem to have cultivated a situation whereby there are multiple users who have been introduced to all three of them. I've no idea how that happened because it pre-dates me. However, each regular seems more committed to one girl than to the other two so it would appear they have that division in order to prevent any tension from cannibalising each other's members. They live together so presumably it's about harmony in the home.

I know this, because in the beginning I tipped one of the others for something and all hell broke loose.

I mean, maybe there are whales who split it up evenly who I don't know about but most of the normal member seem to keep tipping to their own favoured model of the three.

I send gifts to the model I visit. I get round the issue by occassionally including something for the other two as well. That way there is no grief but everyone is shown appreciation.

The reason I visit them to say hello is:-

a) Common decency
b) They take the time to speak to me. If I'm on a Skype call with her or even just in her room, they will regularly come in and say hello as well.
c) As mentioned before, they are all close and come as a bit of a package.

Last edited:
And literally I might drop in for 5 mins once a week to wish them good luck, say Happy New Year, or just offer support. I'm not hanging around for hours. It's just that occasionally that 5 mins might coincide with someone spinning the wheel or hitting the tip menu. It's rare but when it happens, my weird etiquette thing kicks in.

Wow, went out for the afternoon and got cruficied as expected.
i have a feeling you wanted us to if this is what you were expecting then. so this is gonna be my last reply to you here. if you want to be humiliated in the future, please join here---> onlyfans.com/audritwo

what is the point of this thread then if it's their policy not to allow friend reg tipping? -also what a toxic friendship if this is a policy and to react so negatively. are you sure they are friends who live together or work at the same studio? maybe i dont get it since i share regs, even whales, with my cammodel friends and we high-five each other if one spends more on one than the other. because thats what friends do, they support each other.

are you just bragging about what a nice guy you are? you are like the 9 monitors dude🙄

You have got to be kidding me. What a completely fucked approach. On everyone's part, if true, but especially your's. Tip them or leave them alone. Not once has a single user saying hello to me and then quickly exiting when someone else tipped for a show item ever helped me or encouraged others to tip. The egoism here is absolutely appalling.

And literally I might drop in for 5 mins once a week to wish them good luck, say Happy New Year, or just offer support. I'm not hanging around for hours. It's just that occasionally that 5 mins might coincide with someone spinning the wheel or hitting the tip menu. It's rare but when it happens, my weird etiquette thing kicks in.
I assure you, the last thing it is is etiquette. It's antithetical to literally everything we work so hard to achieve.

It reads like misterical’s original post was a post directed at fellow members rather than cam models, but when posted on a site dedicated to both models and members was extremely naive and was rightly pulled up.

Tip when visiting any model, mate. That’s what it’s all about. Or just don’t visit their room.

It reads like misterical’s original post was a post directed at fellow members rather than cam models, but when posted on a site dedicated to both models and members was extremely naive and was rightly pulled up.

Tip when visiting any model, mate. That’s what it’s all about. Or just don’t visit their room.
and if models get all fucking weird and possessive, don't go back.

if you want to be humiliated in the future, please join here---> onlyfans.com/audritwo
By now that's basically my thoughts on this, either he gets off on the negative attention or he is still desperate for us to see what a nice guy he truly is 🙄

I don’t really understand the desire to visit a model’s friends. I have had a couple models say “<username X> is a friend of mine, we get drinks after work” or something, but for the most part I don’t have any desire to visit them because it feels like it could get awkward (I have had some model jealousy drama in the past so maybe I have a strange perspective on that). If you feel like you must stop by and say hi, just leave a general tip note greeting or compliment and move on. I don’t see why you’d want to hang around, but you certainly shouldn’t without tipping.

As for me, I was thinking about it and I don’t think any of my etiquette is weird, but then fish don’t understand what water is either so who knows:

- any room I stay in for more that the 10-15 seconds it takes to figure out is it is a room you want to see, I tip
Something, though maybe not that much at first

- if it the first time I visit the room my first tip is almost always a compliment via tip note, usually something not too overtly sexual (“what a great outfit,” “love your tattoos,” etc), unless they are in the middle of some show where it might be “wow, what a great ass” or something relevant to the show

- I never talk about other specific models, though I am honest that I visit and tip other models if asked

-never negotiate prices on the tip menu or for privates

- ask before taking private and describe what I am hoping to do

- never ask questions the model may be uncomfortable answering (name, how old are you really, where are you from, do you have a partner, etc)

To me, those seem like basic courtesy but those are the rules I try to hold myself to
Those are excellent rules.

By now that's basically my thoughts on this, either he gets off on the negative attention or he is still desperate for us to see what a nice guy he truly is 🙄
I was actually just trying to create a thread that provoked discussion. I won't do so again. I'll contribute to other people's posts instead. Safer that way.

The model I visit regularly has a couple of really close friends who are also models. They are really close. Like sisters. I visit them to say hi regularly but only for a very short length of time and I don't tip them or take a show froM
Who has asked you to do this? I don’t have time to read this whole thread, but I would suggest not doing this.

This is a bad idea for a thread topic, and will likely degenerate into a lot Complaining, ripping models apart, and inappropriate boundary crossing.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Interested to know if anyone has any weird cam etiquette that they find themselves questioning the sanity of.

The model I visit regularly has a couple of really close friends who are also models. They are really close. Like sisters. I visit them to say hi regularly but only for a very short length of time and I don't tip them or take a show from them. Every time I'm in one of their rooms and someone tips them for something sexual, I hastily make my excuses and leave. They know the relationship I have with their friend and I don't want things to be awkward. It just feels completely wrong to hang around and see them naked etc. It always feels totally awkward when I leave. I can't close the browser fast enough lol

Does anyone else have any weird quirks like this? Or even weirder? :rofl:

Hi. Are you looking for folks here to give you a pat on the back (And think Aw, he's such a good guy!) because you leave the room before they get naked? You say you don't want to make things awkward, so instead you choose to be that guy who never tips. I'm not sure how that's any better. You do realize that members can tip models without always expecting something sexual in return, right? You could tip them a little something just because you like them.

You say you don't want to make things awkward, so instead you choose to be that guy who never tips. I'm not sure how that's any better. You do realize that members can tip models without always expecting something sexual in return, right? You could tip just because you think they're nice, good people.
but he's not allowed to tip 😢

a) Common decency
It would be common devency to leave them alone when they are working unless they have personally asked you to join their rooms. In that case act like any other paying member w common decency.
b) They take the time to speak to me. If I'm on a Skype call with her or even just in her room, they will regularly come in and say hello as well
That has no bearing on anything. I say hi to my roommates friends when they come by. But if they showed up in my cam room , WHILE I WAS WORKING, that would be boundary crossing and weird as fuck.
c) As mentioned before, they are all close and come as a bit of a package.
Who has told you this directly, or is this all musings of your own mind? (Also I would suggest a reword, this sounds like a sale on chicken thighs to me. Human beings don’t come as “package deals”.)

Last edited:
I don’t really understand the desire to visit a model’s friends.

There are some good reasons or examples as to why it can be good to visit the model's friends.
In fact, I have a very good one:

I visited Model A and we get on great, had some private shows and have an amazing laugh if I can, helped her understand some things (either about the site or abbreviations or other English words she is unsure about) - she is a great English speaker,r reader and writer, but obviously, she doesn't know all the shorthand and slang.

Anyway, she had a friend starting out on the site (SC) and she asked me if I could visit her and talk/tip etc and welcome her to the site, helping her with little bits if I could.
I did it purely out of kindness, to begin with as I really like Model A, but I also grew to be really close "friends" with Model b too.
(There was never any awkwardness between any of us as Model A was happy that I liked her friend too, and those 2 talk all the time and tell each other everything)

Obviously, had Model A not told me about Model B, I most likely still would have found her myself but I would never have known they knew each other so I never would have had the desire to try to find them.

I was actually just trying to create a thread that provoked discussion.
Well you succeeded in doing so by making such a click-baity original post where you seemingly deliberately omitted the relevant contextual information, causing everyone to question you and the situation with good reason.
I won't do so again. I'll contribute to other people's posts instead. Safer that way.
If you want "safer", try to have a little empathy. Think about how others might perceive your actions/words before posting something so ridiculous. Ask yourself how would you respond if another member came on here posting that? Your situation has nothing remotely to do with etiquette and I can't see why any of you (you, the model, the friends) engage in it at all because it can't possibly benefit anyone involved.

It would be common devency to leave them alone when they are working unless they have personally asked you to join their rooms. In that case act like any other paying member w common decency.

That has no bearing on anything. I say hi to my roommates friends when they come by. But if they showed up in my cam room , WHILE I WAS WORKING, that would be boundary crossing and weird as fuck.

Who has told you this directly, or is this all musings of your own mind? (Also I would suggest a reword, this sounds like a sale on chicken thighs to me. Human beings don’t come as “package deals”.)
I was "sent" to visit their rooms. I wouldn't have known they existed otherwise.

I'm not the only user who has that kind of relationship with them all. It's just the way they are. They are so close and their lives so intertwined that it would almost seem weird as fuck not to acknowledge them and at least say hello. I appreciate that sounds odd but it's quite hard to explain. To not do so would seem rude. I know I will no doubt get flak for this as well but sending gifts without occasionally saying hello in person would be a bit weird in my book.

Agreed, package is a shit expression to use. What I was trying to convey was that their relationship is close and they drift in and out of each other's streams all the time. They're very open about their situation with members and if you incur the wrath of one then you'll incur the wrath of all.

I appreciate that I'm struggling to fully explain the dynamic, however I didn't enter into this thinking I would ever have to.

I was "sent" to visit their rooms. I wouldn't have known they existed otherwise.

I'm not the only user who has that kind of relationship with them all. It's just the way they are. They are so close and their lives so intertwined that it would almost seem weird as fuck not to acknowledge them and at least say hello. I appreciate that sounds odd but it's quite hard to explain. To not do so would seem rude. I know I will no doubt get flak for this as well but sending gifts without occasionally saying hello in person would be a bit weird in my book.

Agreed, package is a shit expression to use. What I was trying to convey was that their relationship is close and they drift in and out of each other's streams all the time. They're very open about their situation with members and if you incur the wrath of one then you'll incur the wrath of all.

I appreciate that I'm struggling to fully explain the dynamic, however I didn't enter into this thinking I would ever have to.
Ok , yeah, this is bizarre. Unless they directly asked you to visit them themselves I suggest not doing so.

If this is part of some fantasy you and you and the other model have, don’t involve them without their consent, or bother them at work. Being told to do something doesn’t mean you need to do it.

Ngl this sounds a bit like some bdsm thing that is part imaginary. Remember if you are Interested in getting into BDSM, one of the really important parts is direct communication and consent, for all involved parties.

Do not go to acquaintances cam rooms, unless you have been directly asked to by them themselves.

Hi. Are you looking for folks here to give you a pat on the back (And think Aw, he's such a good guy!) because you leave the room before they get naked? You say you don't want to make things awkward, so instead you choose to be that guy who never tips. I'm not sure how that's any better. You do realize that members can tip models without always expecting something sexual in return, right? You could tip them a little something just because you like them.
Well, it's a hot potato that I got burned by early on which is why I don't. Because ultimately, that would be the easiest solution and I'd gladly adhere to it. I didn't come here seeking solutions though, I just thought I'd post it and the next poster would post something about how they always make sure they have clean boxers on before they go pvt. And we'd all laugh. Turns out nobody is laughing.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.