AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Please Help Me with OnlyFans things I don't understand

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
OMG, I feel like a kid that fell into a well stocked candy store. My first question is what is a profile promotion on Onlyfans? Second question, is it worth it?

One person sub'd to my page so I went ahead and threw up a $5 sub fee to avoid any confusion even though there is no content there yet.

what is a profile promotion on Onlyfans
It's a discount you give people for their first month subscription price on your page. When you're running a sale, people who have subscribed in the past see a notification that you're offering a discount... I think it's more important to do this after you're established for a couple months. I like to start one every couple of days for expired subscribers to entice them back in at like 5-10% off.

One person sub'd to my page so I went ahead and threw up a $5 sub fee to avoid any confusion even though there is no content there yet.
I'd suggest tossing up a photo or 2 at least, a small video clip, etc so that if/when you start getting subs soon there is at least something to view. Getting up a few posts at minimum per week is important. I post 1 to 3 times per day mon through sat (I schedule most of it ahead of time by at least a day) and charge $10/month. Plus 3x a week I offer discount videos via direct message for under $10 each (average price is about $6). I post advertisements with gifs/images 2x a day on Twitter, and when I get on MFC (rarely now, only a couple times per month) I advertise my OF link constantly.

You need to bring your own traffic, so make sure to utilize any cam persona social media accounts you have to promote your page.

It's a discount you give people for their first month subscription price on your page. When you're running a sale, people who have subscribed in the past see a notification that you're offering a discount... I think it's more important to do this after you're established for a couple months. I like to start one every couple of days for expired subscribers to entice them back in at like 5-10% off.

I'd suggest tossing up a photo or 2 at least, a small video clip, etc so that if/when you start getting subs soon there is at least something to view. Getting up a few posts at minimum per week is important. I post 1 to 3 times per day mon through sat (I schedule most of it ahead of time by at least a day) and charge $10/month. Plus 3x a week I offer discount videos via direct message for under $10 each (average price is about $6). I post advertisements with gifs/images 2x a day on Twitter, and when I get on MFC (rarely now, only a couple times per month) I advertise my OF link constantly.

You need to bring your own traffic, so make sure to utilize any cam persona social media accounts you have to promote your page.
Fantastic! Okay. I'll dig through my camera stuff and find something interesting to post. Are there any rules about posting content recorded on Chaturbate? I have videos that have my OBS Lovense menu on screen.

Fantastic! Okay. I'll dig through my camera stuff and find something interesting to post. Are there any rules about posting content recorded on Chaturbate? I have videos that have my OBS Lovense menu on screen.
Ooh I am unsure about that, maybe someone else can chime in? I post stuff with MFC logos and charlesbot/mfc tip alerts stuff on the screen but it's owned by the same ppl so I know it's OK.

And don't hesitate to regurgitate older content. I've been making content since 2010 and mix in lots of that old stuff with my new stuff. Recycle stuff from past years, take advantage of the work you've put in!

Reactions: pep and MarieElise
Ooh I am unsure about that, maybe someone else can chime in? I post stuff with MFC logos and charlesbot/mfc tip alerts stuff on the screen but it's owned by the same ppl so I know it's OK.

And don't hesitate to regurgitate older content. I've been making content since 2010 and mix in lots of that old stuff with my new stuff. Recycle stuff from past years, take advantage of the work you've put in!
All of my old content is super low quality stuff. I'm not sure if that matters at all. I feel like a baby fawn that is treading on a frozen lake. I don't want to screw this up.

All of my old content is super low quality stuff. I'm not sure if that matters at all. I feel like a baby fawn that is treading on a frozen lake. I don't want to screw this up.
Noooo some of the old stuff I share is super low res, but I market it as "throwback" stuff so they understand why it's not 1080p :D

More (even old) content is better than none. Just be honest and people will get it.

Noooo some of the old stuff I share is super low res, but I market it as "throwback" stuff so they understand why it's not 1080p :D

More (even old) content is better than none. Just be honest and people will get it.
Example:
I am upfront that this is old and low res in the text on the post
old.png

I’d recommend you to make and schedule in queue at least 30-60 days of content before you start actively promoting Onlyfans everywhere because this gets busy fast. You should check out IG reels, they’re give best promotion now!

It’s better to have sub fee price that you’re wanting to have permanently or for a long time. Because when you will be changing sub fee it will remove rebill on from everyone which will result in income loss, better to not change it often.
Profile promotion can be useful sometimes if you have slow times or just started to lure in new subscribers.
I kinda disagree with Amber about expiring subscribers promotion, I see no reason to do it because 1) they already “got a taste” of your page 2) if they want to “save money” but stay subscribed they can purchase bundles.
Expired subs promotion teaches them to wait for it and don’t renew, I literally had one guy who’s been my mfc member since 2015, subscribed to my Onlyfans, obviously he likes me and my content but he would turn rebill off and re-subscribe every time when I run expired subs promotion. He found a way to be cheap about it. I’m sure he was not the only one doing this but he really stand out to me because I knew him for so long. So I don’t do expired subs promotion for a long time and a lot of subscribers come back with full price, I think a lot of them just subscribe to pages they like from time to time. I follow expired subs so I send them out PPVs as well that reminds them about my existence )))
I don’t do new subscribers promotions either anymore, or for major holidays like Xmas and NYE only.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I’d recommend you to make and schedule in queue at least 30-60 days of content before you start actively promoting Onlyfans everywhere because this gets busy fast. You should check out IG reels, they’re give best promotion now!

It’s better to have sub fee price that you’re wanting to have permanently or for a long time. Because when you will be changing sub fee it will remove rebill on from everyone which will result in income loss, better to not change it often.
Profile promotion can be useful sometimes if you have slow times or just started to lure in new subscribers.
I kinda disagree with Amber about expiring subscribers promotion, I see no reason to do it because 1) they already “got a taste” of your page 2) if they want to “save money” but stay subscribed they can purchase bundles.
Expired subs promotion teaches them to wait for it and don’t renew, I literally had one guy who’s been my mfc member since 2015, subscribed to my Onlyfans, obviously he likes me and my content but he would turn rebill off and re-subscribe every time when I run expired subs promotion. He found a way to be cheap about it. I’m sure he was not the only one doing this but he really stand out to me because I knew him for so long. So I don’t do expired subs promotion for a long time and a lot of subscribers come back with full price, I think a lot of them just subscribe to pages they like from time to time. I follow expired subs so I send them out PPVs as well that reminds them about my existence )))
I don’t do new subscribers promotions either anymore, or for major holidays like Xmas and NYE only.
Yeah, I am sure everyone has their own approach the way that they do sales on their page. All I know is that if I go a long period of time without offering the sale on expired subscribers, I get less re-subscriptions than I do if I offer at least 5% every few days for expired subscribers. I maintain between 500 and 600 subscribers monthly this way, so do what works for you.

• Helpful!
I read the terms of service and OnlyFans seems pretty permissive about what you can post. As long as you own the content, aren't promoting something illegal, and aren't misrepresenting what the content is you can post anything. Also I can confirm that I'm subscribed to multiple creators who post their recorded CB shows.

I read the terms of service and OnlyFans seems pretty permissive about what you can post. As long as you own the content, aren't promoting something illegal, and aren't misrepresenting what the content is you can post anything. Also I can confirm that I'm subscribed to multiple creators who post their recorded CB shows.
lol OF is not permissive at all. Im constantky having stuff pulled down that doesnt break any of their rules because they use AI and it hates me.

Shots of me in the mirror it asks me to tag a 2nd creator
A Pic of me holding a spoon by my pussy i guess it thought was a knife

No fake blood. No milk. No pee. No booze. No drugs. No animals yes but that might include a photo of a cat hanging on a wall behind you. They are strict on hypno. No fisting. No "unusual non sex toy insertions" but the AI will get confused on what is a dildo. No incest. No age play. Their hoops to jump thru to add anyone not on OF is a huge pain. Squirting is a 50/50 on if it will get pulled because they sometimes decide its pee.

When they remove something they show you a tiny .. i mean TINY pic of the post they removed and you have to guess the reason. They will not tell you.

In terms of actual enforcement they are my least fav site and im on 6 clip sites and 2 subscription sites.

lol OF is not permissive at all. Im constantky having stuff pulled down that doesnt break any of their rules because they use AI and it hates me.

No fake blood. No milk. No pee. No booze. No drugs. No animals yes but that might include a photo of a cat hanging on a wall behind you. They are strict on hypno. No fisting. No "unusual non sex toy insertions" but the AI will get confused on what is a dildo. No incest. No age play. Their hoops to jump thru to add anyone not on OF is a huge pain. Squirting is a 50/50 on if it will get pulled because they sometimes decide its pee.

When they remove something they show you a tiny .. i mean TINY pic of the post they removed and you have to guess the reason. They will not tell you.

In terms of actual enforcement they are my least fav site and im on 6 clip sites and 2 subscription sites.
I think OF pushes really hard to be a vanilla softcore place, I think in their head it's the next best thing to just not being related to sex workers... I always have the impression that they hate us even though is it us who bring them money

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Wow. That is a lot to take in, was this a mistake?

What was? You mean opening up an OF account?? Not at all!!!
I'm just bitching about how they position themselves. Sorry if that demotivated you! Not my intention at all
It's a very good source of income

What was? You mean opening up an OF account?? Not at all!!!
I'm just bitching about how they position themselves. Sorry if that demotivated you! Not my intention at all
It's a very good source of income
I just don't want to get burned, that's all. I felt "safe" on Peach because honestly no one really pays attention to what's going on there. CB created it and then left it to die.

No there is $$$$ to be made on OF. Big $$$ if you go hard. But you do need to watch out for the rules there!

I think the biggest things to be aware of are that you do need to bring your following or advertise there is no real discovery tool on OF.

And be aware the site is a lil.. broken sometimes. Mass dms will be slow etc. And support is just.. barely there.

I create a lot of taboo and hypno content so it hampers me but it still pays my rent lol. And now that it's established its fairly low effort to maintain. Queuing is your best friend.

There is big $$ to be made and a lot of different strategies to try. Its a flexible platform.

My bad and sorry to misinform! I should have kept my mouth shut and let people with experience talk about it. From the TOS it seemed very permissive but there's a lot of space between what's in the TOS and how it's enforced, so I apologize for that.

No there is $$$$ to be made on OF. Big $$$ if you go hard. But you do need to watch out for the rules there! I create a lot of taboo and hypno content so it hampers me but it still pays my rent lol. And now that it's established its fairly low effort to maintain.
Hypno?

Hypnosis is my main fetish niche. I make clips of me being hypnotized, htpnotizing others and specifically being hypnotized by a giant stuffed snake based on Kaa from the jungle book. I have a huge niche following in that specific category and so I move them to other places.

I do not reccomend doing it on OF.

My best seller this past year (it made MV top 100 in sales for 22..) was When Mommy Met Kaa .. lol
Attatching a pic so you can see how super specific this is. But yeah.. lilly is right. They are trying to be softcore vanilla so less fetish stuff i think is safer

Attachments

• 20230124_112754.jpg
    20230124_112754.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
My bad and sorry to misinform! I should have kept my mouth shut and let people with experience talk about it. From the TOS it seemed very permissive but there's a lot of space between what's in the TOS and how it's enforced, so I apologize for that.
All good! 💗💗💗 you actually took the time to read a TOS so points for that!!

Hypnosis is my main fetish niche. I make clips of me being hypnotized, htpnotizing others and specifically being hypnotized by a giant stuffed snake based on Kaa from the jungle book. I have a huge niche following in that specific category and so I move them to other places.

I do not reccomend doing it on OF.
That's very creative. I am not that creative. LOL

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
That's very creative. I am not that creative. LOL
Honestly OF is better for that! I wish you the best of luck there!

I think the advice amber gave to queue up a month or two is a great idea. And just try things out and see what works.

Better to set your entry price higher and discount it btw.. if you ever raise your price it makes every subscriber have to reconfirm that they accept the new price.

One of my followers last night was like YAS I can't wait to see your pussy get pounded out and I didn't respond but the whole time I was like that is NEVER going to happen. More power to those who are Into producing content like that but that's not me and never has been and that's when I started to worry if I should even be doing this at all.

One of my followers last night was like YAS I can't wait to see your pussy get pounded out and I didn't respond but the whole time I was like that is NEVER going to happen. More power to those who are Into producing content like that but that's not me and never has been and that's when I started to worry if I should even be doing this at all.
No theres SO much softcore / solo stuff on OF. Your follower is a moron. I would have responded and set his expectations. "Ill be doing more of what I do here, my OF page will be an extention of what I like to do and create already. I have no intention of moving into hardcore stuff"

No theres SO much softcore / solo stuff on OF. Your follower is a moron. I would have responded and set his expectations. "Ill be doing more of what I do here, my OF page will be an extention of what I like to do and create already. I have no intention of moving into hardcore stuff"
He was drunk, occupational hazard. I think I'll keep OF softcore and Peach explicit.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
One of my followers last night was like YAS I can't wait to see your pussy get pounded out and I didn't respond but the whole time I was like that is NEVER going to happen.

Some members sure do love to make ASSumptions, don't they? Lol. Like when they enter your chatroom talking about wanting to see you use the Lush (Don't have one...don't want one). Cool, dude. So close your eyes and pretend it's me using a Lush. 😂

• Funny!
Some members sure do love to make ASSumptions, don't they? Lol. Like when they enter your chatroom talking about wanting to see you use the Lush (Don't have one...don't want one). Cool, dude. So close your eyes and pretend it's me using a Lush. 😂
I try very hard not to react negatively when they say that, I sometimes feel it's better to neither confirm or deny their wants when it comes to that. I felt like I was bullied into my last hardcore private and thinking about it still makes me flinch but man the money was tits! So it's an inner struggle and I think ultimately an in the moment decision if ever a decision at all but once these guys see something they keep wanting it over and over and over, so it's like uh well put one video out and let it love there forever or keep them always at the edge of "maybe she'll do it THIS time."

I overthink things a lot. 😀

I think OF pushes really hard to be a vanilla softcore place, I think in their head it's the next best thing to just not being related to sex workers... I always have the impression that they hate us even though is it us who bring them money
I don't think it's that they hate us. I believe they are fully aware that sex workers are the ones bringing them money and don't want to get rid of us at all, but because of being one of the most known platforms in the industry and pretty much a household name (I mean, Beyonce named dropped OF in a song, celebrities constantly make news for making accounts) it seems like they are currently the main target of anti-porn orgs and end up being extra careful because of it. Similarly as PH was their main target for so long and we all know what were the consequences for sex workers.

That, plus shitty AI as @Miss_Lollipop said plus lack of helpful support.

I try very hard not to react negatively when they say that, I sometimes feel it's better to neither confirm or deny their wants when it comes to that. I felt like I was bullied into my last hardcore private and thinking about it still makes me flinch but man the money was tits! So it's an inner struggle and I think ultimately an in the moment decision if ever a decision at all but once these guys see something they keep wanting it over and over and over, so it's like uh well put one video out and let it love there forever or keep them always at the edge of "maybe she'll do it THIS time."

I overthink things a lot. 😀

I get the whole "Not wanting to tell members 'no' " thing, and wanting to keep them interested and coming back. But I don't consider it "reacting negatively" if a model chooses to be straightforward in saying "Hi. I don't do ____, but I do ___." It would've been perfectly fine if you'd said that. Reacting negatively, imo, would be if you'd said "Um...did I say I would be fucking my pussy, you dumbfuck???" Lol.

A guy on SextPanther (with 500+ credits showing) texted me the other night asking if I'd do a gagging/deepthroat video call, and I politely declined because I wasn't interested in doing that. He spent his credits elsewhere, which was fine. And now I see that he's currently on the SextPanther list of suspended users. Yikes.

Money is awesome, but try not to let any more of these guys bully you into doing something you're not comfortable with. It could make you start to hate your job. It's gross to me when a member treats a model like that...when he could just use hashtags or the search function to find a different model who offers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.