AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need advice on starting up as a studio (please don't hate me) :)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2021
I have a few friends who want to start as a webcam models and I want to help them.

I don't just want to make a studio account for me and then sign them up under me to get a %. I want to help them set up, teach them how to make a good and entertaining stream and assist creating and promoting their social network accounts in the right way and make sure they stay as discrete as possible for their families and boyfriends/husbands, help them to make content like photoshoots and videos both normal and adult etc.

Now here is my question, what websites would you recommend for me to start my studio at? Which websites offer the best % from what customers pay and which ones are the easiest to start with?
I also want to mention that not a lot of my friends have laptops and webcams, but all have smartphones. Which websites are mobile friendly for performers to start with?

Also I have a few customers that I trust that would be interested in webcam shows, is there a good way to accept payments if I were to do my shows, say on Zoom or Skype? Maybe this way I could avoid having to pay a big % of earnings to the websites? (I understand why websites take this % and I am not against it, it's business, but I just have customers that are loyal to me and what I offer already so may as well deal directly with them)

I am sorry for a long post and many questions, I am new here...
Hope someone can help me with advice.

Stay safe, kittens :*

You will find this crowd is not very warm towards studios. Most models here are independent and most studios in general are run by mercenaries who take advantage of both models and their customers.
I understood that when I was writing this post, but still decided to give it a go. I am not looking to take advantage of models or customers, I rather look to give a helping hand and assistance for both.

Anyway, I appreciate your reply. Better than no reply :)

You don’t start a studio because you wanna help models, nor exploit them. You should only do so if you know how to make profits that are high enough, fast enough, and steady, to all parties involved, despite any revenue share. This is not an arena for any horny hipster dream, so I’d cut the altruistic charade to begin with:)

Do you actually have any experience or other actual industry knowledge that would help the models? Otherwise there's no way in hell you deserve half their income. Studios usually buy the equipment too for models to use, lingerie, toys, makeup artists etc as part of why they get half the income.

Do you actually have any experience or other actual industry knowledge that would help the models? Otherwise there's no way in hell you deserve half their income. Studios usually buy the equipment too for models to use, lingerie, toys, makeup artists etc as part of why they get half the income.
I worked with and in the industry, and have absolutely no sufficient knowledge. I’ve worked with studios in Colombia and Romania, to name but a few. It’s not a friendly ground to start your own brand without a plan.

Reactions: anabeauty37
I worked with and in the industry, and have absolutely no sufficient knowledge. I’ve worked with studios in Colombia and Romania, to name but a few. It’s not a friendly ground to start your own brand without a plan.
I run my own self for 4 years and there's no way I'd even consider running a studio. I feel like only those with zero clue of how hard it is actually want to start one. Or those taking complete advantage.

Reactions: Brit
I run my own self for 4 years and there's no way I'd even consider running a studio. I feel like only those with zero clue of how hard it is actually want to start one. Or those taking complete advantage.
It’s usually related to the ability to actually provide a value, and be really consistent of how you work and why. Premium is one thing, freemium another. In order to take an advantage of someone’s pay, you gotta know how to make it big enough to begin with. The same goes in Startups I’ve worked with in Vanilla:)

The thing about threads like this where the OP is asking for advice to start up a virtual studio is that they all come off as super sketchy. There's not much that a virtual studio can offer a model that she can't do on her own, so it just sounds like OP is expecting us to do their homework for them so that they can take a percentage of model income.

I want to help them set up

Starting out streaming is not all that hard, but if someone does have issues getting the hang of the user interface from the model's side of things, their best bet is to come to a forum like this one and get advice from models who have actual experience dealing with the model admin side.

teach them how to make a good and entertaining stream

You can't teach someone how to have a "good and entertaining" stream. Different things work for different models, cam shows aren't a one size fits all deal. Models have to figure out what works best for them and their rooms based on their own qualities and talents. The problem with teaching someone how to have a certain type of show is that you're only going off of what you like, for the most part, or what works for popular models, which can end up hurting the model you're allegedly trying to help.

assist creating and promoting their social network accounts in the right way

Unless you're ridiculously popular, social media managing is pretty easy. And even if that's the case, instead of having a studio, who takes a percentage of all your earnings, do it, it's better to just pay someone trusted within the industry a negotiated fee to manage your accounts for you.

make sure they stay as discrete as possible for their families and boyfriends/husbands

That's not something for a studio to do, and imo that sounds like it would be crossing all sorts of personal/business boundaries. It's not a studio's job to help out with all that. It's especially concerning that you would want them to be "discrete" even with their boyfriends or husbands. It's obviously up to a model what they want to do, but it's generally a bad idea to hide sex work from your significant other. It will end bad, and also their significant other has a right to know if they're in a committed relationship, because sex work is something that is a deal breaker for some people and it's deceitful to keep something like that hidden from the person you're in a relationship with.

help them to make content like photoshoots and videos both normal and adult etc.

Like with the social media managing, this is something that is pretty easy to do on their own. But, if they want help shooting photo sets or videos, it's better to pay a photographer whatever their fee is for their services rather than have a studio do it.

Also I have a few customers that I trust that would be interested in webcam shows, is there a good way to accept payments if I were to do my shows, say on Zoom or Skype? Maybe this way I could avoid having to pay a big % of earnings to the websites? (I understand why websites take this % and I am not against it, it's business, but I just have customers that are loyal to me and what I offer already so may as well deal directly with them)

It's none of my business, so I won't bother asking about your "trusted customers". But, this comes off as really sketchy. It's also concerning that you're already trying to break rules and you haven't even started your "studio" yet.

Ew.

How the hell do you plan on being discrete? I've seen models get recognized by people in their life by their backside. Everyone is online nowadays and the internet is forever. Once it claims something, that shit spreads. It doesn't matter how many dmcas. I recommend reading up on the Streisand Effect. This is an empty promise. Anyone who is thinking about camming needs come to an understanding people may find out.

From my personal opinion if you cant make them look as if they were independent, give it a 100% personal feel towards the viewers, make everything other than her camming hours a breeze in terms of work and most importantly boost their popularity 5x as fast compared to other models then honestly I see no benefit at all nor deserving of the cut you get. Last thing anyone needs is boring, factory organized looking studiomodels flooding camsites. CB has a ton popping up as of recently..

As you said CB gets 50% but they can help a model earn a decent living or more without a single investment. You'd get the same for just facilitating her setup (once) and her camming place with some occassional postings on social and what not? If you cant boost their income x times more than if they went independent everyday she's online then no honestly.

You managing their camlife isnt worth the 50% cut, you multiplying their income x2,x3,x4,.. is worth a 50% cut. This requires everyday work, thinking out of the box and not sit back and relax

I would advise against going off platform even if they are regulars

OH AND LASTLY! If the first thing you do is ask for tips and advice already or even in general if you need tips and tricks at all then you already know you're not worth half their income 😉 not meant in a rude way

Last edited:
Trust me is very hard, is what im doing for like 2 years ..so if you want a studio and models to not go after few days here u go !
1- you need to offer them traffic, rooms from zero wont make them stay even 1 week online, all new models thinking that money gonna fly while they start streaming, sitting with 10 users all day wint keep them there ,,
2. if you want them to succed you need to have experience as a model and train them every day , watching them every day telling them how to act what to say what to do till they learn alone ..
3.you cant protect them from bfs/familly , maybe if you stay on sites like camcontacts that noone watch noone cares but not money either , on free sites everyone will know becouse people really watching them .
4,. you need to invest if you want a studio , a smartphone is nothing , you need good computer, quality webcam , tehnical support like always they on, good lightings and so on ..
5.you will need to find the way of paying taxes too , since the studio is on your name and pay the models legal .
if you can offer all this and more is worth your time and energy , if you just thinking to make studio without camming experience and rooms without traffic then noone gonna work for you , they will try and go in 3 days max .

It’s usually related to the ability to actually provide a value, and be really consistent of how you work and why. Premium is one thing, freemium another. In order to take an advantage of someone’s pay, you gotta know how to make it big enough to begin with. The same goes in Startups I’ve worked with in Vanilla:)
is really worth to make a studio if you know what is camming about and if you are good at . As i learn from all this millionairs books that i read, you arent rich till money are not working for you and not you working for money.. so making money while sleeping making you rich in case you wanna be :)). every good model can bring you 3000-5000$ a month while you sleeping , so is worth just hard till you find serious model ready to learn and listen form someone with lots experience .

is really worth to make a studio if you know what is camming about and if you are good at . As i learn from all this millionairs books that i read, you arent rich till money are not working for you and not you working for money.. so making money while sleeping making you rich in case you wanna be :)). every good model can bring you 3000-5000$ a month while you sleeping , so is worth just hard till you find serious model ready to learn and listen form someone with lots experience .
Like I said, there's a lot of behind the scenes work, especially if we're talking about Romania or Colombia, markets in which one website tries to get the studios to be exclusive, you know exactly which one I refer to :)

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
I have a few friends who want to start as a webcam models and I want to help them.

I don't just want to make a studio account for me and then sign them up under me to get a %. I want to help them set up, teach them how to make a good and entertaining stream and assist creating and promoting their social network accounts in the right way and make sure they stay as discrete as possible for their families and boyfriends/husbands, help them to make content like photoshoots and videos both normal and adult etc.
You are on the wrong side of history. Webcam studios are declining and the trend is towards models working on their own.

Many models want freedom and self-determination more than money. You are never going to serve those models. But for those models who want to make money with minimal work, you might be able to offer value but it requires real resources. A studio might be able to offer real value-add if it were to offer specialized teams to support the model:

* Makeup experts, and clothing experts, to help present the model on best terms. Provide the outfits.

* Lighting experts, to help create perfect ambiance for different show moments.

* Performance experts, who work with the model to develop token menu, games, and performance strategy. Those people constantly monitor her show and coach to make sure the agreed on strategy is being followed.

* DMCA teams, to constantly scan search engines for videotaped performances of the models, performing all the DMCA work to keep her image out of search engines.

The bottom line is can a model make more money through a studio than she can on her own? If you are going to do a studio, go big, or don't go at all. Because much less than what I describe and you are just not adding enough value and eventually the model will discard you to work on her own.

Reactions: NotYou
You are on the wrong side of history. Webcam studios are declining and the trend is towards models working on their own.

That said, the bottom line is can a model make more money through a studio than she can on her own? I think a studio could do this if it were to offer specialized teams to support the model:

* Makeup experts, and clothing experts, to help present the model on best terms. Provide the outfits.

* Lighting experts, to help create perfect ambiance for different show moments.

* Performance experts, who work with the model to develop token menu, games, and performance strategy. Those people constantly monitor her show and coach to make sure the agreed on strategy is being followed.

* DMCA teams, to constantly scan search engines for videotaped performances of the models, performing all the DMCA work to keep her image out of search engines.

Many models want freedom and self-determination more than money. You are never going to serve those models. For those models who want to make money with minimal work, you might be able to offer value but it requires real resources. If you are going to do a studio, go big, or don't go at all. Because much less than what I describe and you are just not adding enough value and eventually the model will discard you to work on her own.
what u said works perfect for sites like livejasmin and those studious, But sites like chaturbate, bonga, stripchat doenst need all this .. Make up -guys like it more natural almost not at all , clothing also simple tshirts nothing complicate they dont like, menu games even reading the forum u can do it , dmca bulshit on this sites you not protected , not even dmca or sites can take off all the recordings , lighing and ambiance yes but not soo proffecional also they like it to look more home friendly not like a studio , etc

Now here is my question, what websites would you recommend for me to start my studio at? Which websites offer the best % from what customers pay and which ones are the easiest to start with?
I also want to mention that not a lot of my friends have laptops and webcams, but all have smartphones. Which websites are mobile friendly for performers to start with?

I am sorry for a long post and many questions, I am new here...
Hope someone can help me with advice.

I suggest starting here..

Status
Not open for further replies.