AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you familiar with the term love bombing? Most of us experience it on a daily basis. An overly-enthusiastic person comes in and starts dropping compliment after compliment. It continues throughout their stay and for the next few times they come in and then the negging starts. "YOU NEED ME TO TELL YOU THESE THINGS," is the general line of though there. We're all leery of it and hearing "you're so pretty/hot/smart/gorgeous" a million times gets really old super fast. But the guys who just say, "thank you for doing that" are almost as rare as unicorns and appreciated just as much if not more.

I'm not directing this at you, Misterical. Just relaying my experience in general.
I know you're not directing it at me. I'm the same in Doctor's waiting rooms. I feel the need to fill the silence. Obviously not with "lovely feet" or "great tits" though. They arrest you for that sort of thing here.

I know you're not directing it at me. I'm the same in Doctor's waiting rooms. I feel the need to fill the silence. Obviously not with "lovely feet" or "great tits" though. They arrest you for that sort of thing here.

Oh god, and knowing my luck I would sit next to you or across from you, and you'd annoy me by talking. I think I would suddenly remember "my dentist appointment is not as important/urgent as I originally thought" and i'd be gone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
When I go to places like that I WANT to sit in silence. I find it weird to be talking to strangers at places like that. At a bus stop? sure, other places, sure.. but some places in a waiting room you just don't want.

So, I understand this happens all the time but I logged in to a model I visit a lot this morning and a new user had entered the chat and asked her to change her private rate to 8 tokens (from 32) and the minimum time to 4 minutes from 10, which she did immediately without pushback.

I understand negotiation happens frequently but it is a little like airplane tickets - intellectually I know other people might be paying less than me for a seat but when the actual difference is put in my face it makes me mad.

All I could think was “I am certainly never paying 32 tokens for private with her again.” And since I don’t negotiate pricing with models that means we are done with privates

Honestly if I were a model I would never negotiate in public chat. If I hadn’t seen it there I would not know or care what she did for that guy

Last edited:
Inspired by this thread - I just updated my wheel. Now there is an option called "Feet or Tits" so no unwanted feet flashes ever again in my room!

So, I understand this happens all the time but I logged in to a model I visit a lot this morning and a new user had entered the chat and asked her to change her private rate to 8 tokens (from 32) and the minimum time to 4 minutes from 10, which she did immediately without pushback.

I understand negotiation happens frequently but it is a little like airplane tickets - intellectually I know other people might be paying less than me for a seat but when the actual difference is put in my face it makes me mad.

All I could think was “I am certainly never paying 32 tokens for private with her again.” And since I don’t negotiate pricing with models that means we are done with privates

Honestly if I were a model I would never negotiate in public chat. If I hadn’t seen it there I would not know or care what she did for that guy

I understand your emotional response here but when it comes to the money stuff I think you should try to have the maximum patience possible for the model. You don't know her financial situation or any of the other context that may have gone into making that decision - it's been a slow day, that's just the amount of tokens she needs to get a payout - that kind of thing. I understand feeling like you're overpaying in this situation, but I'd say try to see it from the model's perspective and that she has to make the choice between making money or not making money and that you're saying she should choose to not make money to protect your sense of fairness.

I understand your emotional response here but when it comes to the money stuff I think you should try to have the maximum patience possible for the model. You don't know her financial situation or any of the other context that may have gone into making that decision - it's been a slow day, that's just the amount of tokens she needs to get a payout - that kind of thing. I understand feeling like you're overpaying in this situation, but I'd say try to see it from the model's perspective and that she has to make the choice between making money or not making money and that you're saying she should choose to not make money to protect your sense of fairness.
Some users tip large amounts during privates as well.

Well, her shift just started but I hear you.

Her mistake was negotiating that in public IMO. But now that I know it it’s hard to unknow it. She gave a dude a full private for what she asks me to pay per minute.

I just really don’t like feeling like a sucker for trying to respect a model’s pricing.

Interestingly, I learned last night that on most sites, a model can't set the cost of a private to 0 tokens. The show had already been paid for in tokens (as a block time booking) and was supposed to take place over a third party application but the camera wouldn't play ball with that app. The brainwave we came up with was to set the private rate to 0 and instead do the show there but it wasn't possible. I ended up paying more but ultimately got a much longer show so everyone was a winner but I can see there being many instances where the user tips for something that the model doesn't necessarily want to do in public but which has a fixed price.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

Not sure what platform you were using, but on CB, when a model changes their private show rate during a public broadcast, it automatically alerts the users in the room via a message in public chat. So even if the model does negotiate in private, any change in rate would still be publicly announced.

Mid-show rate changes don’t bother me, for the reasons others have stated. I don’t know the model’s situation, and even if I did, it’s still her call, not mine. I still have the freedom to decide whether or not I’ll buy a private. So no matter the price I’m given, if I agreed to it, I must have thought it was fair at the time. I’m like you, in that I don’t try to negotiate. I think it’s disrespectful. I look at the listed rates and quietly decide on my own if I want a show for that price.

However, I have occasionally seen models (usually inexperienced ones) raise the pvt show rate literally seconds after I express interest in a show, clearly not realizing CB was going to put the rate change on blast in the public chat. Personally, I always check the rate before I even begin discussing with the model. So not only do I see the rate hike alert, but I already knew what the rate was previously. Those incidents weren’t so much “annoying” as they were funny, to me, seeing the hustle get exposed in real time. :)

Well, her shift just started but I hear you.

Her mistake was negotiating that in public IMO. But now that I know it it’s hard to unknow it. She gave a dude a full private for what she asks me to pay per minute.

I just really don’t like feeling like a sucker for trying to respect a model’s pricing.
There is no way you wouldn't have known. The moment she changes the rate it is automatically posted in public chat for the whole world to see much to our chagrin.

Oops should have kept reading. Sorry to be redundant.

Interestingly, I learned last night that on most sites, a model can't set the cost of a private to 0 tokens. The show had already been paid for in tokens (as a block time booking) and was supposed to take place over a third party application but the camera wouldn't play ball with that app. The brainwave we came up with was to set the private rate to 0 and instead do the show there but it wasn't possible. I ended up paying more but ultimately got a much longer show so everyone was a winner but I can see there being many instances where the user tips for something that the model doesn't necessarily want to do in public but which has a fixed price.
If this was on Chaturbate she should have passworded the room and set a timer for the agreed rate per time block.

If this was on Chaturbate she should have passworded the room and set a timer for the agreed rate per time block.
Yeah, it wasn't. Unfortunately I'd already tipped the tokens in anticipation of the video chat and there was no way of reapplying them to the different approach. Needless to say, the 15 minutes of headscratching and brainstorming of ideas wasn't the greatest aphrodisiac initially.....

All good though because it was an absolutely excellent pvt.

Yeah, it wasn't. Unfortunately I'd already tipped the tokens in anticipation of the video chat and there was no way of reapplying them to the different approach. Needless to say, the 15 minutes of headscratching and brainstorming of ideas wasn't the greatest aphrodisiac initially.....

All good though because it was an absolutely excellent pvt.
Glad it worked out!

Glad it worked out!
One of the benefits of visiting the same model regularly is that we've developed a great understanding and neither of us gets stressed about stuff like that. I can imagine that kind of situation could be difficult otherwise.

There is no way you wouldn't have known. The moment she changes the rate it is automatically posted in public chat for the whole world to see much to our chagrin.

Oops should have kept reading. Sorry to be redundant.
That is not true in Stripchat which is the platform I was on. I don’t know if a rate was changed unless I am checking for it, which I would never think to do

That is not true in Stripchat which is the platform I was on. I don’t know if a rate was changed unless I am checking for it, which I would never think to do
True, a rate change is not actually broadcast, but on a PC you can see the rate below the video window/frame/whatever.

I expect that it would change in real time, however if it was changed immediately before the private show began you would have to be looking at that part of the screen to notice, in the brief time it would be there, before the private show started.

1674763075968.png

But I agree that, to me, a public negotiation and rate change is not a good look, but... "her room, her rules" 🤷‍♂️

True, a rate change is not actually broadcast, but on a PC you can see the rate below the video window/frame/whatever.

I expect that it would change in real time, however if it was changed immediately before the private show began you would have to be looking at that part of the screen to notice, in the brief time it would be there, before the private show started.

View attachment 95130

But I agree that, to me, a public negotiation and rate change is not a good look, but... "her room, her rules" 🤷‍♂️
right, that is true on mobile as well but you have to be paying close attention to notice it and, like you said, the private rates go away as soon as the private starts.

100% models can do whatever they please on pricing for whomever, but negotiating that in public (vs a PM) seems like a bad move. You have the reaction I described from people who pay full price but it also sends the message that bargaining is welcome and it rewards the wrong behavior IMO.

right, that is true on mobile as well but you have to be paying close attention to notice it and, like you said, the private rates go away as soon as the private starts.

100% models can do whatever they please on pricing for whomever, but negotiating that in public (vs a PM) seems like a bad move. You have the reaction I described from people who pay full price but it also sends the message that bargaining is welcome and it rewards the wrong behavior IMO.
I agree with your assessment. I think negotiating in public may cause the model to be flooded with "Let's Make A Deal" requests.

I think negotiating in public may cause the model to be flooded with "Let's Make A Deal" requests.
It might, but as a viewer rather than a model, that's their call.
A negotiated private rate could still help make earnings target that day.
Might also assist newer models, or those seeing big changes in their traffic, with determining what rate gets the best balance between public and private income.
And as another member pointed out, not all privates are equal in terms of additional tips.
ETA: I've had a few occasions where the show took an unexpected turn and lasted much longer that I'd imagined, or where the model was so amazing that I threw many (omg, so many) more tokens that I thought I'd use.

Last edited:
I agree with your assessment. I think negotiating in public may cause the model to be flooded with "Let's Make A Deal" requests.

Which is why a part of me always goes "Oh, boy..." any time a cam site introduces a "Give members discounts on your shows!" feature and proudly advertises it to its members. Lol. Now you're probably gonna have all these members expecting their favorite models (or "model friends") to hook them up with discounts. When I cammed on ImLive (a site where models only get 30% to begin with...), I had this guy who always asked me to apply my discount code to his private shows with me. And he always did short privates with me (under 10 minutes), regardless of how cheap my rate was. He asked me for my discount code simply because he knew the discount feature existed. 🙁 It's really silly, imo, for a member doing quickie private shows to be asking a model for a damn discount. This ain't Dollar Tree, my man. It's a sex site.

ETA: I've had a few occasions where the show took an unexpected turn and lasted much longer that I'd imagined, or where the model was so amazing that I threw many (omg, so many) more tokens that I thought I'd use.

Same, and even a few where I just flat-out “left the meter running” and remained in private long after the performance was over, due to absent-mindedness.

As much as I try to do rough math in my head before a private (tokens per minute x approximate length of the show I want + baseline amount of tips required for the things I requested + anticipated extra tips), the truth is I suck at math and usually underestimate.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Which is why a part of me always goes "Oh, boy..." any time a cam site introduces a "Give members discounts on your shows!" feature and proudly advertises it to its members. Lol. Now you're probably gonna have all these members expecting their favorite models (or "model friends") to hook them up with discounts. When I cammed on ImLive (a site where models only get 30% to begin with...), I had this guy who always asked me to apply my discount code to his private shows with me. And he always did short privates with me (under 10 minutes), regardless of how cheap my rate was. He asked me for my discount code simply because he knew the discount feature existed. 🙁 It's really silly, imo, for a member doing quickie private shows to be asking a model for a damn discount. This ain't Dollar Tree, my man. It's a sex site.
How do those discounts work - does it mean you get less as a model, or does the site take a reduced % to offset it?

How do those discounts work - does it mean you get less as a model, or does the site take a reduced % to offset it?
Oh you dear sweet summer child. No site is going to reduce their take, it's always the models getting the shit end of that stick.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Highlander884
Oh you dear sweet summer child. No site is going to reduce their take, it's always the models getting the shit end of that stick.
I do wanna say this isn't the case with content discounts. Manyvids and C4S often announce site wide discounts and these are out of the sites take not the models. Which is nice :)

I do wanna say this isn't the case with content discounts. Manyvids and C4S often announce site wide discounts and these are out of the sites take not the models. Which is nice :)
I stand corrected, Chaturbate sure as hell would NEVER do this.

Yup, on ImLive it meant that we'd get less as a model. If our private show rate was, say, 5.80/minute (which was the maximum that a model could charge per minute on there), and a guy did a 7-minute private show...that equals $40.60. We'd only get 30% of that, which means $12.18 in our pocket. Now if we gave the guy a discount on top of that (I can't remember the discount options...it's been years since I've been on there), we'd be getting even less than $12.18. Crazy, right?

*By the way, very few models on there charged 5.80/minute (the max) back in the day. I remember the norm was for models to select the 2.80/minute or 3.80/minute option. Some set theirs at 4.80/minute.

It might, but as a viewer rather than a model, that's their call.
A negotiated private rate could still help make earnings target that day.
Might also assist newer models, or those seeing big changes in their traffic, with determining what rate gets the best balance between public and private income.
And as another member pointed out, not all privates are equal in terms of additional tips.
That’s just it, it’s their call to do it and as a user who has paid full price it’s my call if I decide I’m not paying full price with them anymore because I was exposed to the negotiation

Every action has consequences which might be good or bad. Doesn’t Make the person good or bad (both model and user)

I *thought* it was on MFC, never been a user of that site. But it seems they have a better stance on supporting their earners. hence why I asked.
ETA: perhaps re-reading the comment by @yummybrownfox it may not necessarily have been MFC?

What I had said in my previous comment was about my past experience on ImLive. I wasn't talking about MyFreeCams. The guys who've taken me private on MFC have never bitched to me about the private show rate. That's another thing I like about MFC...they set the private show rate, and it gives us models one less thing to have to worry about. Lol. There is none of this "Can you give me a discount on your private show rate, bb?" nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.