AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TittySprinkles said:
I just started reading "Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy One)" & it's surprised me with how good it is & I'm only two chapters in so far.

As someone who has most of the Star Wars books of that era... do not read anything BUT the Thrawn books. Seriously. Just don't. I'm not sure about the 2 later Thrawn books, though, so you're on your own, there...

I've been not really reading The Last Ship for months, now. I think the first person thing with little to no explanation of the pretty obvious events leading up to where the book starts has thrown me off. So now, I'm just reading The Immortal Iron Fist comics. Also been reading The World of Ice & Fire very slowly

Also, the invention of LibraryThing/GoodReads is a terrible, terrible thing. So I can now keep track of all the books I own. Sure, that's nice. but also know how many I haven't read. Which somehow is always 20 or more. Dammit. And that doesn't even count my damned Kindle...

The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell.
A 9 and a 15 year old girl have to cope with (and hide) the death of their drug addicted parents and get help from their sweet, gay old neighbor who is much more naive than both of the children. Great book, and funnier than it sounds.

For school, I'm reading A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn; my current US history professor is a super liberal person and this book is definitely a 'different' approach to history. It's told not from the point of view of the 'winners', like presidents and politicians, but of the people. Especially workers, minorites, women, the suppressed, the poor.

I've been reading The Shining, which, while great, I don't feel is as quite as gripping as Kubrick's adaptation, mainly due to the lack of ambiguity in comparison to the latter, explaining things that don't need to be explained and providing a too definitive answer to things that the film left purposefully ambiguous. In a way, it's like Kubrick "fixed" King's novel in a sense.

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.... albeit slowly. a chapter or two a night or even sometimes a few pages before I doze off to sleep at night

I've been staring at a few non-fiction pieces from the library that are related to polyamory and ethical sadomasochism.
Other than that I've been rereading Imajica by Clive Barker, who I highly recommend for a variety of reasons, namely because he caters to many audiences over his multiple books and series.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
When I was a junior in high school we read Plato's Republic, and it ended up being one of my favourite books. Well, I've moved several times since then and I lost my copy :( I ordered a new one from Amazon and it came today!!! :dance: so I'll be re-reading that now. So. Excite.

SenorBanana1 said:
I've been reading The Shining, which, while great, I don't feel is as quite as gripping as Kubrick's adaptation, mainly due to the lack of ambiguity in comparison to the latter, explaining things that don't need to be explained and providing a too definitive answer to things that the film left purposefully ambiguous. In a way, it's like Kubrick "fixed" King's novel in a sense.

yea i guess stephen king really didnt like Kubrick's film adaption because he went so far away from the book. King even went as far as to make his own made for tv movie to "make a correct version" which bombed pretty bad.

This month :love2:

nt2oyYY.png

MRgsal8.png

ym62l1Q.png

tVWuWYQ.png

I found my Kindle after 2 years and I've been obsessed with using it since said discovery. I was in the mood for self-help, something spooky and something romantic. These were my final choices^ I already read 'Steal like an Artist" in about a day's time. Such a good pick! I recommend it to anyone regardless of creative career path or not. And it's very easy to read, quick and to the point. Definitely revisiting it and picking up the recommended book list at the end. Here's a quick tear from the beginning, lots of graphs/charts/quotes like it all throughout the book:

sekFQrF.png

I complain about Star Wars books at the beginning of page 3, and end up wanting to read all the new ones of the Disney "everything matters" era. Ugh, my brain is terrible. Though, so far, the Rebels-based one was good. And this first person POV Luke one is alright. if only for descriptions alone. Admiral Ackbar has "a moist charm." and a Rodian chortling sounds like a "digestive problem."

I'm reading Open Veins of Latin America: five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent, written by a Uruguayan journalist/poet I love, and who recently died, Eduardo Galeano.

It's dense (as History books commonly are), but beautifully written.

=)

Neil Gaiman - Trigger Warning
Amanda Palmer - The Art of Asking
-Bought both of these signed when I saw their show on Valentine's Day

Tom Robbins - Jitterbug Perfume
-my new drummer just gifted me this one

I've been super busy and I'm only a few chapters into each. Looking forward to finishing them during beach and river time this summer!

The Hello Internet podcast assigned The Martian to its listeners as homework, and it was a nice enjoyable book. It is a little short, but if you need to kill an afternoon it is a good way to do it.

Currently rereading through Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I'm on book eleven "Knives of Dreams" which is my last reread of the series. After this it'll be all new books to me.

Not sure if I'm still reading because of enjoyment or just to finally finish the series after around 12 years or so.

I actually just went down to the library the other day and picked up Unwind, Unwholly, and Unsouled all by Neal Shusterman.
I read Unwind and about half of Unwholly a year or so ago, but never got around to finishing the entire series out.

I also want to read all the GoT books next!

The leaked first draft script of the next Tarantino movie The Hateful Eight. After I'm done with that, I will start Beasts of No Nation by Uzodinma Iweala, which will be the base for the first original film by Netflix.

Currently reading The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart.
It's really well worded and has an interesting concept.
I'm still pretty early in the book and I gotta say, I really don't like the main character for a lot of reasons (like thinking that rape is a natural instinct and should be acceptable) but I've enjoyed a lot of books even when I'm not rooting for the protagonist. e.g. American Psycho.

I just re-read the Harry Potter series from time to time.
Other than that I've been reading The First Phone Call from Heaven and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Reactions: Gen
I am reading "Lolita" right now... :shifty:

Lolita hands down is still my favorite book read. I'm currently finishing up reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, for whatever reason I didn't quite like it as much as I thought I would though would though, it seems somewhat slow until the end of it I guess. Next book I'm going to read is one my brother randomly lent me called A Wild Sheep Chase and then I plan to read The Road and Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland... need to find a hard copy of that, still astonished that I haven't read it yet lol.

Heris Serrano by Elizabeth Moon.

It's an omnibus of three books: Hunting Party, Sporting Chance, and Winning Colours.

Serrano Legacy

I just finished reading The Ethical Slut. It is a fantastic book, definitely one worth reading if you're in any form of alternative relationship (not that any of US are....)

Yes!!! I just started this...okay well I got through the 1st chapter a few months ago. :haha: I really need to pick this back up. I've heard that Opening Up is pretty good, too.

I've been reading through the Harry Potter books...for my first time. :blush: I'm on The Order of the Phoenix, and damn, emotions are high!

• Hugs
Reactions: TacoBelle
Status
Not open for further replies.