AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token totals showing glitch.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I believe you are actually supposed to make quarterly estimated tax payments if at the end of the year you will owe over $1000 in taxes. The IRS could penalize you for not doing so.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-too...rly-Taxes-for-the-1099-Tax-Form/INF18848.html

Shit. Now I don't know what to do. Its almost the end of the year, so I feel like I might as well wait and pay everything off and then try to start 2016 the right way. AMERICA, Y U SO DIFFICULT.

I was going to say... I thought quarterly tax was required (mine sure is - it even states that x amount is due by x date) and my tax guy set all of that up for me. But then I thought maybe it was only required in certain states or something. I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't 100% not sure and I'm certainly not a tax professional.

So you know, it's set up so it estimates your taxable income for the year based on last year's income/taxes and that's what you pay. So, if you made a lot more money, you can expect you're going to owe a lot more by April. If you made a lot less, then that should go towards a refund.

Super happy that this thread brought this to light for those that weren't doing it before, haha.

I guess I am just fucked then, I don't know. You'd think the IRS would have said something after I filed for 2014 so I knew. I guess I'll take the penalties if there are any for this year when I file in early 2015. And right at January 1st I'll be sure to look into how to set up the quarterly stuff. It is what it is, I can't go back in time so I am not going to let this be another stressor on my life right now, as there isn't much I can do at the moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: UncleThursday
That's interesting to note that #1000 makes roughly half of #500. I wonder if it's a bigger drop off, or similar, from #250 to #500.

From the image linked earlier by @Puffin #250 was making about 10% of what number 1 was, at that time. It's quite easy to see that the 80/20 rule is completely destroyed on MFC. It's not 20% of the models making 80% of the income, but more like 1%-ish making well over 90% of the income. Then everyone else fighting over that last 10%.

That's a huge discrepancy, and its no wonder a lot of the lower ranked and lower cs models are working 2+ other sites at the same time. I've known some that have 5 sites up and running at once.

I've finished around both 250 and 500 quite a few times and it is pretty close to half as well, yah.

Did anyone do a comparison to the first #1 and the latest of the same month to see the growth?

It would be interesting, because that not only shows the percentage of growth of the earnings of the #1 model, but MFC as a whole. Someone's gotta be buying all those tokens, after all.

It might be in the thread, but I'm on my phone at work.

And, I forgot to mention it, but when @I_Am_Iris mentioned it wouldn't change her tipping habits, it probably won't change the habits of members who are regs of certain models, either. One of my favs is a consistent top 250, and I tip/private/group with her like I have for a few years, still. Nat (loca) is another fav, and I still tip her the same way, even though she's #1 right now (I think... She was last I checked). Both of these models have also pretty consistently called me a lazy bum for sleeping on cam. :playful: My new work schedule, though, changes when I can see them online, which is the only big difference. Now that I work mornings, I can only really see them on weekends.

Reactions: SNATCH
Did anyone do a comparison to the first #1 and the latest of the same month to see the growth?

It would be interesting, because that not only shows the percentage of growth of the earnings of the #1 model, but MFC as a whole. Someone's gotta be buying all those tokens, after all.

It might be in the thread, but I'm on my phone at work.

And, I forgot to mention it, but when @I_Am_Iris mentioned it wouldn't change her tipping habits, it probably won't change the habits of members who are regs of certain models, either. One of my favs is a consistent top 250, and I tip/private/group with her like I have for a few years, still. Nat (loca) is another fav, and I still tip her the same way, even though she's #1 right now (I think... She was last I checked). Both of these models have also pretty consistently called me a lazy bum for sleeping on cam. :playful: My new work schedule, though, changes when I can see them online, which is the only big difference. Now that I work mornings, I can only really see them on weekends.

This isn't the same thing, but my first month ever (January 2010) I finished #229 with only 53,191 tokens. Compare that to how much you need to be top 250 now (you need 3-4x as much). Crazy.

hmmm, I have feels and I don't know how to express them.

When I see a member talk about watching models whine and complain all the time my first thought is, why do they hang out with the models who whine and complain all the time? There are PLENTY of models who don't pander to the white knight/spoiled princess seekers and prefer to keep a more professional demeanor when it comes to such things. This is a NICHE and YOU are choosing to spend your time with models who behave a certain way instead of the models who never make any mentions of personal finances.

This boggles my mind. If you don't like the way something tastes stop eating it and if you get sick after eating the whole plate, that's kind of on you. The joint with great Yelp reviews next door was open...

Bullet points, yo!

- I think it's definitely important to keep some perspective. As has been pointed out, while the top 1% of models are making an astronomical amount of money, the remaining 99% of models are on a spectrum of pay that runs from "hey, she's doing pretty well for herself" to "how can she possibly live on that?". Most of the reactions to the leak seem to be of the "what, they earn how much??" variety, but those reactions are unfairly fixated on the 1% and mostly fail to take in to account that the vast majority of cam girls probably aren't earning as much as you might be led to believe.

- No longer tipping a top model because you discovered how much they earn, strikes me as being pretty ridiculous. Firstly, it should have been pretty obvious from the start that they were exceptionally well paid. You don't have to be Batman, or to have even read the leaked figures to deduct that the top models are making bank. I'd liken it to famous musicians. I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan. I enjoy his records, so I buy them. I enjoy watching him in concert, so I buy gig tickets whenever he comes over here. I'm not going to stop doing that just because he's a multi-millionaire and doesn't need any more money. And nor am I going to start stealing his records or sneaking in to his concerts because I earn less money than him. By the same token, I wouldn't stop visiting a model I enjoyed hanging out with in camland just because her bank balance has more zeroes in it than mine, and nor would I stop tipping her for her time and effort. That would be poopy.

- The flipside of this, is that given Bruce Springsteen's vast wealth, if he were to plead with his fans to get him another #1 record, and encouraged me to buy 5 copies of his latest album to get him there... and then another 5 copies... and then another 5... and then complained that his album had only reached #3... and then asked for a donation to his speedboat fund, the chances of me doing any of that would be incredibly slim. I would however, be slightly more likely to buy a few copies of a local band's self-financed EP to help them cover the costs of production a little. So while I can't understand a member decrying never to tip a top model again, I can kinda see why they might save the extra-generous "just because" tips for the models who aren't already financially set for the year after one month's work.

Last edited:
- The flipside of this, is that given Bruce Springsteen's vast wealth, if he were to plead with his fans to get him another #1 record, and encouraged me to buy 5 copies of his latest album to get him there... and then another 5 copies... and then another 5... and then complained that his album had only reached #3... and then asked for a donation to his speedboat fund, the chances of me doing any of that would be incredibly slim. I would however, be slightly more likely to buy a few copies of a local band's self-financed EP to help them cover the costs of production a little. So while I can't understand a member decrying never to tip a top model again, I can kinda see why they might save the extra-generous "just because" tips for the models who aren't already financially set for the year after one month's work.

I think a good comparison would be if The Boss set up a GoFundMe to pay for hospital bills or housing repair while pouting that he "is so broke" because no one buys his records anymore. In that case, I might feel bad for him in a "Awww, I can spare $20 to help him!" until I learned that he is still making at least 6digits yearly on just royalties.

Side note: I have no idea how much The Boss makes, and I don't want to know. However, I did Google him quickly, and found three interesting (to me) facts.
  1. He has released a bunch of albums I didn't know about (even last year!).
  2. The album in 2012 was titled Wrecking Ball, just one year prior to Miley Cyrus's big hit.
  3. He was born in '49. That fucker is older than I thought!

Side note: I have no idea how much The Boss makes, and I don't want to know. However, I did Google him quickly, and found three interesting (to me) facts.
  1. He has released a bunch of albums I didn't know about (even last year!).
Yes! The one from last year (High Hopes) was only okay and was mainly old songs re-recorded with Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine on guitar for... reasons (Morello plays guitar for the E-Street Band now when they tour) but it DID come with a concert DVD bundled with it on which if you pause it at juuuust the right moment, and get close enough to the TV, and have a magnifying glass handy, then when it pans to the crowd, in amongst the sea of amorphous, blue-ish, grey-ish dots, is a specific dot that just happens to be... me!

1. 2. The album in 2012 was titled Wrecking Ball, just one year prior to Miley Cyrus's big hit.
It was great! One of my favourite Boss albums. I even wrote a fairly gushing review of it here - https://popcultureponderings.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball/
3. He was born in '49. That fucker is older than I thought!

Yeah, he be old. But if you get the chance to see them live, they're great and play with the fire and energy of a band half their age. They play for like, 4 hours straight too. This was from a few years back when he was "only" 60, but even then, he still did a pretty serviceable young-Joe-Strummer impression (I was there for that one too and still get chills whenever I hear that crowd sing "live by the river". I think it was the loudest I've ever known a crowd to be)

Reactions: TacoBelle
I still see models scrambling to pay off, in some cases, tens of thousands of dollars in taxes by April 15, when they should know better by now (they've been camming for a few years and still do this).

I don't know if Canada or European countries offer the same thing.

Come to think of it I can think of a few models that have had their topic a long the lines of "help the IRS screwed me over I owe 10K"

Personally I will still continue to tip the same way I always have, in the rooms of girls I like. I am by no means a baller or big tipper, I would say maybe 500 tokens a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Every once in a while I will splurge (party because I enjoy findom lol) BUT I have never really tipped the top girls, and that's not because I am like "wow she makes more than me screw her". It's more to do with me thinking that the 50 tokens I might tip is nothing compared to the 1K some guy is about to drop whereas if I go in one of the smaller cam rooms it would be more of a benefit.

Last edited:
I think most members had a good idea what the top models earn before this glitch. Once I learned the typical earnings of a top 100 model, I realized that the 900 tokens I tipped every couple of weeks was very insignificant. I thought it was important to tip to show my appreciation but I was barely above “freeloader” status.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t begrudge models for what they make but for me to tip a model who makes 100k a month a measly 200 tokens here and there is ridiculous and, frankly, I almost felt embarrassed for doing it.

So I made a basic account and rarely log into my premium account anymore. Once in a while, I might buy a video. The money I used to spend on MFC, I now spend on Fan Duel or an extra round of golf. On the rare occasion that I want a private, I use LJ which is cheaper and has much better cam quality (not to mention some very beautiful models).

In my opinion, MFC best serves two types of members. The whale who can spend thousands of dollars each month and the guy who spends nothing and never will. For guys like me who are willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars a month there is very little added value compared to spending nothing, so I spend my money elsewhere.

Wow... How sad.
I wish you could feel the absolute thrill and joy I feel when a new member tips me 20 tokens. It's not the amount, it's the incredible feeling that people other than just my regular frands think I'm worth it. The more tips I get from new or different names the more my self esteem wells and I feel like I'm doing a good job, which encourages me to do even better! It's not about the amount of the tip and I think most models will agree, just having a nice variety of names in yellow on the screen is so wonderful and really, means so much to building a good cam environment which is priceless!

I guess I am just fucked then, I don't know. You'd think the IRS would have said something after I filed for 2014 so I knew. I guess I'll take the penalties if there are any for this year when I file in early 2015. And right at January 1st I'll be sure to look into how to set up the quarterly stuff. It is what it is, I can't go back in time so I am not going to let this be another stressor on my life right now, as there isn't much I can do at the moment.

Nerdie I would try and find a good tax accountant, even if it's just for this year. Ask cam girls in your area if they can recommend one. They can make a world of difference. (Disclaimer: I am not an accountant)

Nerdie I would try and find a good tax accountant, even if it's just for this year. Ask cam girls in your area if they can recommend one. They can make a world of difference. (Disclaimer: I am not an accountant)
Aye! My CPA is like the official CPA of camgirls these days. Most girls use him and he's very affordable. I didn't realize how much money I was wasting not using a real pro until the real prop told me all the things I would have had no way of even knowing unless I was a CPA myself.

Avoid HnR block like the plague, he is @taxxxguy on twitter but if you want his other info Nerdie feel free to pm me. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SNATCH and ACFFAN69
Considering Teenage breakup songs from a 20 something aren't my thing, yeah, I boycott her by not being a fan...
Haha. It was just a silly example. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan either. Just pulling a presently famous pop star's name out of my ass.

Reactions: Gen
I think most members had a good idea what the top models earn before this glitch. Once I learned the typical earnings of a top 100 model, I realized that the 900 tokens I tipped every couple of weeks was very insignificant. I thought it was important to tip to show my appreciation but I was barely above “freeloader” status.

In my opinion, MFC best serves two types of members. The whale who can spend thousands of dollars each month and the guy who spends nothing and never will. For guys like me who are willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars a month there is very little added value compared to spending nothing, so I spend my money elsewhere.

It's more to do with me thinking that the 50 tokens I might tip is nothing compared to the 1K some guy is about to drop whereas if I go in one of the smaller cam rooms it would be more of a benefit.

Oh. My!

As @JoleneBrody said, this is so sad to read, as a cam model.

As I stated in an earlier post, it is a member's right to tip whatever he or she wants for whatever he or she wants. However, this line of thinking about how any tip is insignificant just because others may tip more is just really strange to me and I don't know exactly where this comes from. I speculate it's because there are some guys that want to feel appreciated in a way that they know they are making a significant impact in the cam girl's life monetarily in that you're one of the top tippers? I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first I've heard of it. I actually made a thread a while back about how this line of thinking effects tips regarding whether or not to list members for high tips and club memberships on an MFC profile: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/listing-members-on-your-profile-to-do-or-not-to-do.21997/

Let me be clear. EVERY tip helps and EVERY tip is appreciated, no matter what the amount is. Or, at least that's the way it should be. That's the way it is in my room. Of course, it's amazing to be tipped higher numbers, especially on a consistent basis, and it's appropriate to react and be happy about that when it happens because it's a big deal. This is my livelihood but it also just makes me feel so great about myself like I performed well or my personality just clicked with someone or I was appreciated or what have you. Anyway, this doesn't make other tippers any less important to me. @BillyJeff - 900 tokens is A LOT and that is NOT free loader status. 50 tokens is also great. For me, that's 5 rounds of whatever activity I'm doing in free chat (I have my activities set at 10 tokens each). How is 50 tokens less of a benefit in a more popular room? I still don't quite understand.

What's scary is that if every guy shared this line of thinking, we'd be out a job. It's especially sad to read that @BillyJeff feels there is "very little" value added to tipping vs not tipping. In your opinion, what would a model have to do in order for you to feel like there is a very good value in tipping her?

Its funny to see how some members reacting on the earnings of the top 100 models, like if it was a secret. Before the glitch has happened we all perfectly knew (saw live tips like 500,000 or 999,999 or 100,000 in public chats or read about it somewhere) about the big tips. But now when people see the caps with the amount of tokens under the names of the models, they surprisingly resent and saying that they will no longer tip them. Seriously? :facepalm:

Haha. It was just a silly example. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan either. Just pulling a presently famous pop star's name out of my ass.

Interesting tidbit about her. A few months ago I was watching youtube videos on monetizing your account. They went through all the methods for getting money off videos there. The price range they mentioned people could expect was $1000 to $5000 per million views. That depending on a variety of factors including how good of a job you do, setting up other funding things related to it like patreon, clicking on ads, how much of a video is watched, subscribers...

So when I ran across one of Taylor Swifts videos it was shocking to think about the money involved. She has more than one video with over a billion views. So that's 1000 million views. $1000 times that 1000 means on the low end she's probably made over a million dollars just from youtube for that single video. When you start adding up views on all her other videos it's amazing.

Reactions: Tilly
Last time I had an unusually good year vs. what I'd paid in through withholding I'm pretty sure I got a warning and got signed up to pay quarterly the following year. I don't believe there were any actual penalties (your results may vary).

If you can put that 40% to work (interest/earnings), you're well motivated to hold off on handing it over as long as pratical/legal. I know plenty of folks that manipulate their withholding to pay as little as possible to the IRS in Q1-Q3 and then make it all up in Q4.

As others have said, find a pro to chat to a bit, but my guess is you'll be fine and maybe come out with some even more advantageous options for 2016.

Reactions: Camgirl
In my opinion, MFC best serves two types of members. The whale who can spend thousands of dollars each month and the guy who spends nothing and never will.

The widow's mite is as great a gift as the whale's pocket change.
Whales are great. Small tippers are great.

For guys like me who are willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars a month there is very little added value compared to spending nothing, so I spend my money elsewhere.

If you have found this to be so then you are in the wrong rooms.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t begrudge models for what they make but for me to tip a model who makes 100k a month a measly 200 tokens here and there is ridiculous and, frankly, I almost felt embarrassed for doing it.

So I made a basic account and rarely log into my premium account anymore. Once in a while, I might buy a video. The money I used to spend on MFC, I now spend on Fan Duel or an extra round of golf. On the rare occasion that I want a private, I use LJ which is cheaper and has much better cam quality (not to mention some very beautiful models).

I tip no more than $150 a month on MFC these days, but I still enjoy the camaraderie with dozens of models who I consider to be my friends. These models genuinely enjoy having me in their rooms, and it isnt for my 10 token tips they get every day.

If there was no monthly competition and no camscore guys would be tipping who they like when they like. But as there is, then there will always be guys like Billy Jeff and there will always be the Big Boys Club.

The only feedback I've had from guys is their incredulity at how much I'm making. Uh, no...I once made it to the top 2000 and now am somewhere below 14000. And all this hoo ha has re-enforced why I rarely cam on MFC now.

I am thankful for this token glitch thing to be honest, as a relative newcomer to MFC (10 months), I suppose I was niave to the crazy amounts of money the top models (Kickaz etc.) make. I know it doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things (she's not gonna miss my 500 tokens a month) but I think MFC just lost a customer, I can't justify giving tips to these rich people.

• Wat?!
Reactions: weirdbr
I am thankful for this token glitch thing to be honest, as a relative newcomer to MFC (10 months), I suppose I was niave to the crazy amounts of money the top models (Kickaz etc.) make. I know it doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things (she's not gonna miss my 500 tokens a month) but I think MFC just lost a customer, I can't justify giving tips to these rich people.

If that is truly how you feel, let me tell you there are THOUSANDS of models who are not top models and by no means, rich. Nearly half if not more of MFC model's have a difficult time hitting the equivalent of minimum wage from tips. If you believe you shouldn't tip someone who is a top model because they won't miss your tips, I assure you 500 tokens will make a lesser ranked model absolutely explode with joy. Don't let the fact that 1% of the models are bajillionaires keep you from realizing the other 99% are fighting for any recognition at all.

Can I ask why you were tipping her 500 tokens a month to begin with? Did you think she was reliant on your 500 tokens to pay rent? Were you buying 500 tokens' worth of content/groups/privates a month? Did 500 tokens a month feel like a fair price for the entertainment/arousal/companionship you were receiving?

What is it specifically about knowing now that she earns a lot of money, that's led to your decision to essentially boycott her?

On average, I end each month in the #2000 range for rank.

So, if I tell you guys how much I need those tokens (or how much I really would miss a 500 token tip if a member stopped coming around) would you come tip me?

Probably not, because then you'd complain I'm whining and begging.

All jokes aside...more than anything, this glitch has opened my eyes to member's tipping habits. Or rather, their excuses not to tip.

I end each month usually in the #2000 range for rank. So, if I tell you guys how much I need those tokens each month, would you come tip me? Probably not, because then you'd complain I'm whining and begging!

All jokes aside...more than anything, this glitch has opened my eyes to member's tipping habits. Or rather, their excuses not to tip.

And this is exactly why people ninja tip too. I am by no means a top ranked model, but I do have 1 or 2 people who tip me a nice tip maybe once or twice a month. They make a point to ninja it but sometimes forget or click the wrong button. Blucrush sounds like the kind of guy who would see me get a 2000 token tip once and assume that everyone tips me like that all day every day when in reality its a nice gesture that I am quite grateful for that rarely occurs. I also wonder if this is why MFC ranks higher than Chaturbate in terms of model income. There are top models on Chaturbate but not on the same levels of MFC models to my knowledge. Unless I have been missing something on Chaturbate, there is no way to hide your total tokens earned while you are broadcasting, so every viewer gets to see precisely what they make. Also I don't think you can tip ninja on Chaturbate. I wonder how that influences tippers over on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.