AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want mass migration thanks to war, then don't spend 100 years destabilizing and encouraging war in other countries.

While I agree a foreign policy based on meddling in other countries' affairs is unwise, the migrant crisis in Europe is not something that just happened. It has been engineered, executed and defended by Europe's own political leaders—most obviously by Angela Merkel, but politicians across the whole continent have spoken proudly of the "need" to import migrants en masse into their country and to simply accept the cultural dilution, social decay and outright violence that have been the result.

And I am very skeptical that most of these migrants are actually war refugees. Many have noted the vast majority of them appear to be young, healthy men—if they're fleeing a war zone, why have the women and children been left behind? If the conditions they're leaving are so unconscionable, why in the video do we see them complaining about the food, water and shelter they've been handed on arrival? If you'd just escaped a horrifying death at the hands of guerillas, would your immediate concern be whether or not your fruit juice has too much sugar?

The migrant crisis is something that has been forced on Europe, not something that developed on its own. Only a fool would believe it could never be done to America as well.

Reactions: Mila_ and Lili_xo
Went out for a walk ( big USA city) and the energy all around on the streets is just bizarre. Can't explain...people go about their stuff as usual but sort of in a trance not paying attention to other people in their own thoughts preoccupied amd dazed and the feeling is...something is about to happen. Can't put my finger on it- what this energy means.. . .

They're eagerly awaiting the moment when this miserable election campaign is over!

• Funny!
Reactions: Protocosmo
Boom. Britain's foreign policy took advantage of and exacerbated tensions in the Middle East, the results of which we still have to deal with today.

Fixed that for you...

Go and take another look at the Balfour Declaration. And before you get your panties in a wad, thinking I'm taking a shot at your beloved country, I'm not. As the preeminent world power at the time, GB was trying to balance "doing the right thing" while at the same time trying to 'keep the lid on" (trying to maintain the status quo) all of the nationalistic pressures that had been building. It started way before the Balfour Declaration, but for brevity I'm using that as a starting point. Ever since then, the powers that be (League of Nations, UN, USA, USSR, etc) have been trying to clean up that mess, with varying degrees of failure.

Similar events have happened throughout history, where powerful countries, in the name of "maintaining the status quo", have made terrible mistakes and we're still paying for those decisions. Afghanistan (turn of the 20th century), Iran/Pahlavi debacle, Iraq/Jordan/Kuwait partition fiascos, Partition of India, Vietnam, Afghanistan/Iraq (21st century), etc... (Yeah, this is not a complete list) It just annoys the shit out of me when (it seems) the finger is pointed at the US, like that everything in the world was lovely before the US became a global power. Did we make mistakes? You bet. BAD ONES. But none of this shit started yesterday, or 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago.

Apologies for thread derailment

In a capitalistic system anyone can go to the top. If they lack smarts, persistence, talent , ideas, self esteem and useful habits - they blame the 1% or 2% or 25%. Lol this is as old as humanity.

What you're describing is meritocracy, which is the currently prevailing social/economic ethos of the US. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with it, as long as those who rise to the top (i.e., the "elites") remember that they're not the only members of this society and use their power to help make society work for everyone. That's precisely what today's elites are NOT doing, and that's why someone like Trump is so popular.

I recently read an article describing an experiment with automated (self-driving) long-haul trucks. The trucks were able to travel from one city to another over the public highways. They began and ended their trips at a dispatch center (basically, a parking area) on the outskirts of the city where human drivers took the wheel for the city-driving part of the journey. The technology for self-driving vehicles is rapidly advancing, so it's just a matter of time before even the human city-drivers are obsolete. This is the type of work that provides employment for huge numbers of working-class people, and its inevitable automation is yet another area where this country's current political leadership is doing little if anything to prepare for it. I just can't see Trump knowing or caring enough to actually do something about this. It seems to be somewhat on Hillary's radar, probably because Trump has at least raised the profile of these issues.

Reactions: Gen
. . . .
The migrant crisis is something that has been forced on Europe, not something that developed on its own. Only a fool would believe it could never be done to America as well.

America's geography would make it much more difficult, compared to Western Europe. The only scenario I can imagine that might be analogous to the refugee/immigration crisis in Europe is if Mexico experienced a revolution or insurgency that decimated Mexican society and drove hundreds of thousands of refugees north seeking shelter. That seems unlikely, but it would definitely be a huge moral and political problem if it did happen.

Fixed that for you...

Go and take another look at the Balfour Declaration. And before you get your panties in a wad, thinking I'm taking a shot at your beloved country, I'm not. As the preeminent world power at the time, GB was trying to balance "doing the right thing" while at the same time trying to 'keep the lid on" (trying to maintain the status quo) all of the nationalistic pressures that had been building. It started way before the Balfour Declaration, but for brevity I'm using that as a starting point. Ever since then, the powers that be (League of Nations, UN, USA, USSR, etc) have been trying to clean up that mess, with varying degrees of failure.

Similar events have happened throughout history, where powerful countries, in the name of "maintaining the status quo", have made terrible mistakes and we're still paying for those decisions. Afghanistan (turn of the 20th century), Iran/Pahlavi debacle, Iraq/Jordan/Kuwait partition fiascos, Partition of India, Vietnam, Afghanistan/Iraq (21st century), etc... (Yeah, this is not a complete list) It just annoys the shit out of me when (it seems) the finger is pointed at the US, like that everything in the world was lovely before the US became a global power. Did we make mistakes? You bet. BAD ONES. But none of this shit started yesterday, or 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago.

This is entirely too complicated. Much easier if you just tell me which race/religion/nation/political ideology I am supposed to be hating, and I will proceed thusly.:hilarious:

Looking back over the last 100 years, I have come to view USA/GB as a single entity.

America's geography would make it much more difficult, compared to Western Europe. The only scenario I can imagine that might be analogous to the refugee/immigration crisis in Europe is if Mexico experienced a revolution or insurgency that decimated Mexican society and drove hundreds of thousands of refugees north seeking shelter. That seems unlikely, but it would definitely be a huge moral and political problem if it did happen.
I don't know what part of the US you are in, but from where I am standing the immigrants are already here. I could see one good asshat (trump) kicking off a revolution or insurgency in the US without needing to import anyone.

Last edited:
This is entirely too complicated. Much easier if you just tell me which race/religion/nation/political ideology I am supposed to be hating, and I will proceed thusly.:hilarious:
None! Quoting the late American philosopher, Rodney King, "Can we all just get along?"

Looking back over the last 100 years, I have come to view USA/GB as a single entity.

On the surface, I can see why you would say this, as a lot of the geopolitik appears to be the same/similar. But with a minimal of digging you could see that even as far back pre WWI, both countries had wildly divergent views. Sometimes the end goal was the same, but the division came on how to get there. This would be an interesting discussion for another thread ;)

Reactions: ACFFAN69
On the surface, I can see why you would say this, as a lot of the geopolitik appears to be the same/similar. But with a minimal of digging you could see that even as far back pre WWI, both countries had wildly divergent views. Sometimes the end goal was the same, but the division came on how to get there. This would be an interesting discussion for another thread ;)
Yes it is a gross simplification.

I wonder how Trump and Clinton would poll in the UK. Ah! Here we go...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter...the_United_States_presidential_election,_2016

• Helpful!
Reactions: ramblin
cultural dilution, social decay and outright violence that have been the result.

Aha! So that's what it is. Guess I didn't ask nice enough.

And I am very skeptical that most of these migrants are actually war refugees. Many have noted the vast majority of them appear to be young, healthy men—if they're fleeing a war zone, why have the women and children been left behind? If the conditions they're leaving are so unconscionable, why in the video do we see them complaining about the food, water and shelter they've been handed on arrival? If you'd just escaped a horrifying death at the hands of guerillas, would your immediate concern be whether or not your fruit juice has too much sugar?

It would be interesting to know the accurate demographics of the migrants. I'd imagine you'd see many young, healthy men because they'd be better capable of making the journey.

This reminds me of how my mother always pounded into me about never joining the military or fighting in a war. Fuck them, the old men can fight their own fucking wars. Sound advice from someone who lived through war in Germany. Being a young healthy man most of my life too, she was always glad that if things ever went to hell in the USA, I could always skip the country and live in Europe. Of course, now she's also skeptical of all these young healthy men skipping a country that's gone to hell...

America's geography would make it much more difficult, compared to Western Europe.

To expand on @justjoinedtopost's reponse to this: Geographic barriers won't matter; politicians will just ship the migrants in by boat.

To illustrate with an example I'm familiar with, during Canada's federal election last year candidates from our major political parties took different positions on the precise number of Syrian "refugees" that should be imported: 10,000, 25,000, 40,000 or 46,000. No candidate asked the question, "Should we be importing any of these people at all?" How will we know whom, exactly, has entered our country? What will be the effect on our culture? On our economy? On our safety? These questions have never been addressed by any of our politicians.

Fixed that for you...

"My beloved country" is just the country my parents happened to live in when they did unprotected rumpy pumpy. If they'd have lived somewhere else at the time then it wouldn't be my country at all. So I can assure you that no offence would be taken were you to point out any of the many ways in which my country has contributed to the erosion of the world. Similarly, I'm not "pointing fingers" at America, simply stating that Reagan's foreign policy took advantage of tensions in the Middle East (regardless of who else did the same or worse) and exacerbated conflict (regardless of who was ultimately responsible for said conflict). Trump is now campaigning (in part) on the promise of fixing the problems that a fellow Republican was so complicit in. I'm merely pointing out the irony in so many of the people supporting Trump, being the same people who would have surely supported Reagan.

Balfour Declaration.

Funny how progressives always pin the mess that the Middle East is on The Jew.

Israel is 1 country. The Middle East are 22. In every single one of those countries there is war, turmoil, terror, and horrible violence. Do you really think Israel or the UK is to blame for it?

Newsflash: the problem is not the Middle East. The problem is islam. It isnt just the 22 arab countries un the Middle East, take a look at the 56 countries where muslims are a majority and countries like the Phillipines and India where, while not a majority, they are in sufficient numbers for jihad. Is Israel also to blame for it? I am guessing Israel has little to do with muslim horror in Malaysia.

"My beloved country" is just the country my parents happened to live in when they did unprotected rumpy pumpy. If they'd have lived somewhere else at the time then it wouldn't be my country at all. So I can assure you that no offence would be taken were you to point out any of the many ways in which my country has contributed to the erosion of the world. Similarly, I'm not "pointing fingers" at America, simply stating that Reagan's foreign policy took advantage of tensions in the Middle East (regardless of who else did the same or worse) and exacerbated conflict (regardless of who was ultimately responsible for said conflict). Trump is now campaigning (in part) on the promise of fixing the problems that a fellow Republican was so complicit in. I'm merely pointing out the irony in so many of the people supporting Trump, being the same people who would have surely supported Reagan.

Only an american is brainwashed enough to believe a nation is its coordinates, and his ethnic heritage a joke. Scratch that, there is also Sweden.

Has anyone watched the Weiner documentary? It's supposed to be good, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Just don't want to get immersed in the life and decline of a world-class narcissist and pervert. Before all this happened, he was an effective politician and attack-dog for the democrats.

Plus, there's the nexus to current political events, and I definitely don't want to get any more immersed in that.
I watched it and am really glad I did. I'd suggest it. It does kind of revolve around the "scandals" but also a lot of his methods of picking up his career/family/ect. Plus it makes you really just how wack that dude really is. Was an amazing politician who a lot of people loved and he threw it away despite a million and one chances to stop being a dumbass.

Reactions: ACFFAN69 and Osmia
I watched it and am really glad I did. I'd suggest it. It does kind of revolve around the "scandals" but also a lot of his methods of picking up his career/family/ect. Plus it makes you really just how wack that dude really is. Was an amazing politician who a lot of people loved and he threw it away despite a million and one chances to stop being a dumbass.
Agree. I do feel sorry for him in a way--because I think he's mentally ill in a real, clinical sense. Lots of people I've known who were self destructive in various ways...cutters, suicide attempters, and most were really nice, decent humans except for that mental glitch.

Has anyone watched the Weiner documentary? It's supposed to be good, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Just don't want to get immersed in the life and decline of a world-class narcissist and pervert. Before all this happened, he was an effective politician and attack-dog for the democrats.
Just watched it. Weiner has pretty much been a late-night punchline in my view, nothing more. I sort of detest New Yorkers in general anyways. The documentary really humanized him to a large degree though.

I don't really see him as a big pervert for screwing around sexting. Up until you get to the under 18 part, that is.

I don't really see him as a big pervert for screwing around sexting. Up until you get to the under 18 part, that is.

Kinda curious why you feel this way? I started to feel he was a bit of a perv before the under 18 thing. When you get caught sending a sexually suggestive pic with your kid literally in the picture with you, makes your a big ol' perv in my mind.

Reactions: Osmia and Mila_
Kinda curious why you feel this way? I started to feel he was a bit of a perv before the under 18 thing. When you get caught sending a sexually suggestive pic with your kid literally in the picture with you, makes your a big ol' perv in my mind.
Well, the kid is under 18, so technically that counts lol. But mainly I'm talking about back when the scandal first broke, and when he ran for mayor. This 15 year old and the selfies with his kid is all relatively new.

2:06:25

Snowden's endorsement.

I won't be voting for President at all. Mostly because it's a waste of time. I think most people who are pushing others to get out there and vote are naive of how little their votes matter for President.

Ran across someone who pretty much laid it out exactly why. Unless you are in one of 11 or 12 states, you're wasting your time.

Well worth the listen.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
Ran across someone who pretty much laid it out exactly why. Unless you are in one of 11 or 12 states, you're wasting your time.
While is theory only 12 states with most electoral votes could take it, in practice they are divided, for example, California is a Democrat state and Texas is a Republication state.

There are at least thirteen swing states, if you live in one of these your vote is important.
AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, MI, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, PA, UT, VA, WI along with ME(2nd district) and possibly MN as well.

I won't be voting for President at all. Mostly because it's a waste of time. I think most people who are pushing others to get out there and vote are naive of how little their votes matter for President.

Well worth the listen.

I get it about the electoral college. That needs to change. Meant much more to me in past elections, in this one my state is currently polling at "we're not quite sure we're ready to be 100% crazy after all..."

His description starting around 3:00 regarding how nobody is proud of the candidate they are voting for is not in keeping with what I have witnessed (at least in other elections, this one is a little different. And I am pretty old, I've lived through a few elections. I helped pray Reagan into office.)

He dumbs down his position somewhat pointing out he can't vote 3rd party because "what if"? He doesn't know anything about 3rd party candidates. Maybe a little less time being a youtube expert, a little more time investigating the Libertarian, Green, Constitution, Reform, and Solidarity parties etc... would help clear that up.

I agree the local vote is more important on a certain level. I don't think that means the presidential election doesn't matter; that is patently absurd.

But he is an American, and my critique should not be viewed as condemnation. Having endured months and months of rabid, slobbering, foreign fanatics who have a clear favorite in this race, and having slogged through more bullshit disinformation "news" websites than I would have ever thought possible, I can only say -- as the spirit leads you, my friend.

Turn on, tune in, drop out.

Reactions: ACFFAN69

Well worth the listen.

wondering if his decision to not vote for either candidate is because --- wait for it

Shit Floats

Funny how progressives always pin the mess that the Middle East is on The Jew.

Israel is 1 country. The Middle East are 22. In every single one of those countries there is war, turmoil, terror, and horrible violence. Do you really think Israel or the UK is to blame for it?

Newsflash: the problem is not the Middle East. The problem is islam. It isnt just the 22 arab countries un the Middle East, take a look at the 56 countries where muslims are a majority and countries like the Phillipines and India where, while not a majority, they are in sufficient numbers for jihad. Is Israel also to blame for it? I am guessing Israel has little to do with muslim horror in Malaysia.

Only an american is brainwashed enough to believe a nation is its coordinates, and his ethnic heritage a joke. Scratch that, there is also Sweden.
@mynameisbob84 is not an American.

Status
Not open for further replies.