AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a clip from CNN in which a focus group of Trump voters are pressed to defend their absurd, fact-challenged beliefs. The barely contained WTF reactions of the moderator/host are remarkable, given that this is on a MSM outlet.

I try, but I just can't comprehend the rationale for propagating and believing these absurdities. It's not as if there's nothing real to criticize Obama or Hillary or the Democrats about. The only explanation that sort of makes sense is that these beliefs are a way of building in-group solidarity. But I still can't personally relate to the behavior. Going around surrounded by a cloud of fake knowledge seems worse than pointless; I might as well inflict on myself a physical or cognitive disability. Rejecting simple, verifiable facts is a betrayal of oneself, a betrayal of what it means to be human.

This phenomenon of social media-fueled fake news/fake facts seems to be getting a lot more media attention since November 8 (arguably, this should have happened before the election). I heard a moderate/left academic suggest that an example of this phenomenon from the left's perspective is the "conspiracy theory" of Russian interference in the recent election. However, there is a clear factual basis to this "conspiracy." Still, it's remarkable that this story has been all but ignored since the election. Maybe it will resurface in a year or two when more is known, and when Trump's political fortunes take a downturn, as happens with all presidents.

Probably should put this in the joke thread but I couldn't resist...perfect recycling of an oldie but goodie. :)

An airplane was about to crash. There were four passengers on board but only three parachutes.

The first passenger said, “I am Steph Curry, the best NBA basketball player. The Warriors and my millions of fans need me and I can’t afford to die.” So he took the first pack and jumped out of the plane.

The second passenger, Donald Trump, said, “I am the newly-elected US president and I am the smartest president in American history, so my people don’t want me to die.” He took the second pack and jumped out of the plane.

The third passenger, the Pope, said to the fourth passenger, a 10-year old schoolboy, “My son, I am old and don’t have many years left. You have more years ahead so I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute.”

The little boy said, “That’s okay, Your Holiness, there’s a parachute left for you. America’s smartest president took my schoolbag.”

Status
Not open for further replies.