AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

sm is generally a private/exclusive based site where shows are the money makers vs tips. Some guys will tip and over the years it has gotten a lot better but in general guys are on sm looking for some action so it may take some time to build up regs that just want to tip to see you or buy your content. If a guy is asking what kind of panties your wearing instead of directing him to your tip menu say something along the line of "tip 5 gold, id love to show you" ... it will keep things more personal and maybe start a conversation. Also if you feel like you are attracting freeloaders don't be afraid to raise your rates as that tends to bring in a higher quality customer.
I was thinking about raising my prices but afraid to lose what regulars i have now. This is not as easy as i thought it would be. LOL

• Helpful!
Reactions: Candice Lover
Upvote 0
I've just started doing flashes for the first time, and I'm not sure how long is considered standard. Right now I pull down my shirt, remove my bra, let them show for a few seconds, play with them for a few seconds, bounce them up and down for a few seconds, then maybe show them just sitting there for a few seconds more, then put my bra and shirt back on. Too long? Too short?

To me "flashing" IRL has always meant showing your tits for maybe 2 seconds max before you pull your shirt down and run away squealing. Like a Mardi Gras flash, but less drunk and shameless, lol! I'm pretty sure that's not what they are expecting for their tip, though, and if I'm going through the PITA of dealing with my bra, it feels like it should be a reasonably long flash.

I do it for like 30 secs(ish). Sometimes when I'm spacey and require caffeine, I play with them a bit and pseudo forget I have them out. This will obviously cause for a longer flash. I don't think there are any real "rules" to flashes. Some cammers do longer some do shorter.

Upvote 0
I have been just randomly throwing them out there on slow days... seems to get me more shows lol. but mostly just feet and butt shots! I dont want to just sit there doing nothing either.

It's understandable to not want to sit in place, but be sure you aren't giving too much away. I used to stand and dance to music my entire shift. Ever since I stopped giving free samples to free chat, people pay a lot more.

Upvote 0
Its so hard.. if I cant even get 1 how am I going to get 5. lol
Another way to think about this is you only need 1/5 of the members to pay to make the same amount. Your are more likely to get 1 person to pay $5 than 5 members to pay $1.... Don't sell yourself short, if they want it they will come and you want to attract the highest quality member possible.

For me personally I usually charge something like $5-stand/ass/feet $10-flash....... when I flash I will do 20-30 seconds and then if I get more tips while the tits are out I will extend it.

Upvote 0
Its so hard.. if I cant even get 1 how am I going to get 5. lol
if they're not going to give you even 3 gold to stand up, they weren't going to give you anything. Charging more often gets you the dudes that are going to pay for the things they want to see. At the really cheap rates you're trying to charge, you may, inadvertently, be attracting the guys that are wanting things for free. Trust me, I had the same issue when I first came over from MFC, but I figured out the more I charged the more often guys actually paid, and the more I actually wanted to do the things they wanted to see because I wasn't being screwed from SM's cut.

Just try it out. What do you have to lose? You can always change it back. Prices aren't set in stone, after all :h:

ETA: OH! And never, ever haggle. You are worth every last gold! :D

Upvote 0
Freeloaders... ugh! I have been on SM for a mth now and love it! But the big issue I have are NO ONE will tip. I get good traffic and I cant complain about the prem or excl shows.with me being new to camming, 39yrs old and thick I am doing better then I thought I would. lol But I cant get them to throw out one gold for anything... i see all these tip menus.. stand up,feet, flash.. blah blah blah and people getting tips all the time. I have it set as 1 gold for requests and still cant get that. soon as they ask and i say anything.. like even "i might need a little encouragement" or send a tip menu message they leave. It really hits the ego .. Anyone have tips on how to get tips? I want the gold as much as i want the shows... lol I think my ass is well worth $1 to see... Help!

Just be blunt. If someone says "stand bb" to me, I reply "I will gladly stand for 1 gold". If someone says "give us a spin bb", I spin around in my spinny chair because, let's be honest, I'm a damn troll and if you make it that easy to troll you, I will absolutely take the bait. If someone says "show tits/ass/feet bb", I reply, "I will gladly show you my tits/ass/feet for five gold". If someone starts dirty-talking in free chat, I inform them every few lines that I will gladly talk about this with them in private, but between telling them that, I'm looking at my other monitor and scrolling through Tumblr. I'd rather a freeloader get pissed that they can't get anything out of me for free, than entertain them in the hopes that they *might* pay. This ain't a cam soup line, nobody gets free fap material.

I've just started doing flashes for the first time, and I'm not sure how long is considered standard. Right now I pull down my shirt, remove my bra, let them show for a few seconds, play with them for a few seconds, bounce them up and down for a few seconds, then maybe show them just sitting there for a few seconds more, then put my bra and shirt back on. (EDIT: The part with my tits out is probably 10-15 seconds total.) Too long? Too short?

To me "flashing" IRL has always meant showing your tits for maybe 2 seconds max before you pull your shirt down and run away squealing. Like a Mardi Gras flash, but less drunk and shameless, lol! I'm pretty sure that's not what they are expecting for their tip, though, and if I'm going through the PITA of dealing with my bra, it feels like it should be a reasonably long flash.

I flash for probably 10 seconds total. I pull both my bra and shirt either up or down, whichever is easier, play with them a little, put them back in. I also wear bras that are several cup sizes too small on cam, so it's easy to whip my boobs out of them. I'm a 40FF, but I wear cheap 40DD bras from Target on cam, and the bands are for some reason oddly loose and stretchy, which makes it easier to just pull the bra up and drop my tits out. I'm not bothering wearing my expensive, properly fitting bras on cam, they cover everything so they're not sexy, it's damn near impossible to flash in them, and taking them off and putting them on a billion times a night is too much work.

Upvote 0
I've spent about five hours on streammate with a very low number of viewers, and zero tips/privates. I must have a poor description or profile picture or something that's causing folks to have a hard time finding my room. Don't seem to have this trouble on MFC, though I know it's different there (and has been unusually slow this month also). Any ideas for a gal to get noticed on SM?

Upvote 0
I've spent about five hours on streammate with a very low number of viewers, and zero tips/privates. I must have a poor description or profile picture or something that's causing folks to have a hard time finding my room. Don't seem to have this trouble on MFC, though I know it's different there (and has been unusually slow this month also). Any ideas for a gal to get noticed on SM?

For starters look at your ranking page in your dashboard. To get there click on my reports then ranking. It will list things you need to check quality of your stream. See if your bitrate, FPS and round trip are in the excellent range.

Other things that affects streaming are lower on the page ratings, time online (the more hours you clock in the better your placement on SM).

In order to have an your placement in the "excellent" range you have to clock in 90 hours within 30 days.

Make sure the page says you're streaming in widescreen, HD and that you have audio.

Upvote 0
For starters look at your ranking page in your dashboard. To get there click on my reports then ranking. It will list things you need to check quality of your stream. See if your bitrate, FPS and round trip are in the excellent range.

Other things that affects streaming are lower on the page ratings, time online (the more hours you clock in the better your placement on SM).

In order to have an your placement in the "excellent" range you have to clock in 90 hours within 30 days.

Make sure the page says you're streaming in widescreen, HD and that you have audio.

Hey, Ann_Sulu, thanks so much for taking the time! I'll run down this list and see what I can do to improve. Good to know that hours online can be beneficial in this case. My internet is not incredible here, and may be the issue. Thanks again! :D

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Upvote 0
Does anyone know where I can view comments? All these threads mention both tags and "comments" as a thing, but I can only see star ratings (not who did them) and tags. Are comments a feature that they got rid of or are they just super hidden?

Upvote 0
  • Helpful!
Reactions: LittleLei
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Every time I go to google search in general (not in websites or forums) what are the best sites to do cam, streamate is never one of the most recommended. Could someone tell me why? I only listen to speak well in forums like this and of friends who do, I was curious about this.

Upvote 0
Every time I go to google search in general (not in websites or forums) what are the best sites to do cam, streamate is never one of the most recommended. Could someone tell me why? I only listen to speak well in forums like this and of friends who do, I was curious about this.
There are studios out there that try very hard to recruit models because they can take a cut of the models' money for doing absolutely nothing. Since their only purpose in life is to recruit models, they put a TON of effort into making sure that their blogs and sites have good SEO for phrases like "what's the best cam site to work for." That way, when a brand new model googles something like that, the first results on Google send her to the studios. Ranking well on google accounts for pretty much all their money, so they make sure they rank well.

SM itself doesn't really need to put a lot of effort into recruiting new models. They already have thousands of models on the site, and most of us will wind up there sooner or later based just on word of mouth. On top of that, they don't really care if we sign up directly or lose a chunk of money to a studio - SM gets their cut either way. So unlike studios, SM doesn't need to ensure that they rank well on google for the types of questions that potential models might search.

Upvote 0
A lot of people give streamate a bad rep bc they only pay out 35% and have fairly strict rules. IMO don't let the percent get you down bc its possible to make as much per hour as a lot of girls do on higher payout sites bc sm has a lot of paying traffic. Your not going to find guys tipping thousands of dollars to their fav model but it can be a nice consistent income.

Upvote 0
Every time I go to google search in general (not in websites or forums) what are the tobest sites to do cam, streamate is never one of the most recommended. Could someone tell me why? I only listen to speak well in forums like this and of friends who do, I was curious about this.

What the others said. Also as long as you use affiliate links on your social sites you can generate a lot more income off of new member sign ups.

I think I've worked at least a little bit on nearly every site at this point. After six months on MFC I signed up with SM as a backup. Over time I built enough of a following with sm, skype sites and clip sites that I felt ok with it as my only camsite.

I'd always recommend getting more than one site in case of site issues or slowness though. Best not have all your eggs in one basket.

Upvote 0
Hey, Ann_Sulu, thanks so much for taking the time! I'll run down this list and see what I can do to improve. Good to know that hours online can be beneficial in this case. My internet is not incredible here, and may be the issue. Thanks again! :D

Just popping back in to say that I finally got things rolling on Streamate using Ann's advice, and changed my profile pic & show description a bit. I have been using it as my backup now. MFC has been very slow for me lately, and SM pays a little less, but if it's between 35% on SM and a dead room on MFC, it's awesome to have the backup. I'm getting used to it. Definitely a more intimate feel, which I also like. I do wish they had a ticker so I could see how long I've been in private. It's easier to pace my show that way and be consistent.

Upvote 0
Just popping back in to say that I finally got things rolling on Streamate using Ann's advice, and changed my profile pic & show description a bit. I have been using it as my backup now. MFC has been very slow for me lately, and SM pays a little less, but if it's between 35% on SM and a dead room on MFC, it's awesome to have the backup. I'm getting used to it. Definitely a more intimate feel, which I also like. I do wish they had a ticker so I could see how long I've been in private. It's easier to pace my show that way and be consistent.

remember the pay isn't less if you charge more. what are your rates?

how i pace my shows is i try to get really into it on the 2 minute mark, since average a man takes to make himself cum is like 2-3 minutes. some models start there own timer. i use this one for skype shows: www.timer-tab.com

Upvote 0
remember the pay isn't less if you charge more. what are your rates?

how i pace my shows is i try to get really into it on the 2 minute mark, since average a man takes to make himself cum is like 2-3 minutes. some models start there own timer. i use this one for skype shows: www.timer-tab.com

That's an excellent point; I just went on and upped my rates to max allowable for a newb. Still would need to charge $8/min exclusive to match what I get for mfc trueprivate, but we're off to a good start. Thanks for the link to that timer. Didn't occur to me that something like that existed! :p I forget to set them on my phone.

Upvote 0
That's an excellent point; I just went on and upped my rates to max allowable for a newb. Still would need to charge $8/min exclusive to match what I get for mfc trueprivate, but we're off to a good start. Thanks for the link to that timer. Didn't occur to me that something like that existed! :p I forget to set them on my phone.

message support and ask them to raise your rates to $14.99. they will stay at the standard unless you request it. streamate guys are used to paying more, so you should be good. I say keep your exclusive $7.99/min and premium to $4.99 or $5.99. do basic stuff in premium and make dudes take you to exclusive for any penetration or special requests.

Upvote 0
message support and ask them to raise your rates to $14.99. they will stay at the standard unless you request it. streamate guys are used to paying more, so you should be good. I say keep your exclusive $7.99/min and premium to $4.99 or $5.99. do basic stuff in premium and make dudes take you to exclusive for any penetration or special requests.
I'll definitely message support to raise my rates. Thanks!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
streamate and google used to be bffs but then streamate ate googles lunch and now google is like totally blanking streamate. so streamate formed a new girl gang and now has to use white labels to get any kind of visibility with google

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I have a question about blocking members on SM. I think I can only block someone when they are in my room. But I have a member that keeps sending me messages and giving me tags like “cheap” or “nasty” ever since I refused to lower my rates for him. The problem is, even if he comes to my room, he’s never there for long enough for me to see him and immediately block him. So I guess I was wondering if maybe there is some other way for me to block him all together.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t find any thread about it.
Thank you!

Reactions: FrankieDay
Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I have a question about blocking members on SM. I think I can only block someone when they are in my room. But I have a member that keeps sending me messages and giving me tags like “cheap” or “nasty” ever since I refused to lower my rates for him. The problem is, even if he comes to my room, he’s never there for long enough for me to see him and immediately block him. So I guess I was wondering if maybe there is some other way for me to block him all together.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t find any thread about it.
Thank you!
you can contact support and give them the user name and ask for them to be blocked. If they don't do it come back here and ill give you the contact info for liz... shes great but kind of a last resort.

Upvote 0

I used to do my shows imlive, but I'm looking to switch to Chaturbate or SM. I liked the platform without tips and only private shows, because I feel that I need to make a much bigger theater in websites with tips like MFC. I feel that sites with only the private option are more objective and direct. But in the imlive I charged very little for my shows, thinking that the men could see the prices and they would not enter. Now I feel more confident to charge more. How was it for you to start charging more for the minutes?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
Thank you!

it's easier for them to find this asshole if you take screenshots on what they said to you. i recommend this app for chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/full-page-screen-capture/fdpohaocaechififmbbbbbknoalclacl

Upvote 0
Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0

I plan to start at SM next week, but I'm a bit confused. What is the difference between premium and exclusive?

Upvote 0