AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Hey, is verification for Streamate taking longer than usual? It's been about a year since I closed my account there and just opened another one. I applied about three days ago and it's been crickets. I thoughtttt I remembered their approval process being reasonably quick?

Upvote 0
@Goddess Vera We just had to update Mr. Nerd's ID and it took 5 days after submitting documents

Ok, cool. Maybe they are just swamped. Thanks a bunch... I didn't want to pester Liz or any of the other staff unless I had to.

Upvote 0
Hi! I have ben reading through a lot on how to use the SMbroadcaster and and how to set it up so I downloaded it and tried to cam for the first time and I keep getting these messages (I attached the photos).
I cam from my macbook pro (mid 2012-2013 I believe),I do not yet have my own webcam as I have kind of just started recently. I'm very frustrated, as I'd really like to start camming on Streamate because I've heard you can make more than MFC, especially in the first three months. I could really use the money at this point and I really need this to work so I'm quite stressed about this.
It keeps telling me that something else is using my cam when nothing that I can see is. I downloaded the SMbroadcaster for Mac and opened it like normal and set it up. I have made sure that I have all the right camera and mic settings, and I'm not broadcasting on MFC or any other site while I'm trying to broadcast my cam show on Streamate so I don't know what my webcam would be used by. Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.36.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.43.07 PM.png My light for the webcam is on but nothing else is on, so could it be spyware?? Has anyone else experienced these issues? So if anyone could help me out and tell me whats going on with my webcam and why Streamate won't broadcast my feed please help me! Your help is much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Hi! I have ben reading through a lot on how to use the SMbroadcaster and and how to set it up so I downloaded it and tried to cam for the first time and I keep getting these messages (I attached the photos).
I cam from my macbook pro (mid 2012-2013 I believe),I do not yet have my own webcam as I have kind of just started recently. I'm very frustrated, as I'd really like to start camming on Streamate because I've heard you can make more than MFC, especially in the first three months. I could really use the money at this point and I really need this to work so I'm quite stressed about this.
It keeps telling me that something else is using my cam when nothing that I can see is. I downloaded the SMbroadcaster for Mac and opened it like normal and set it up. I have made sure that I have all the right camera and mic settings, and I'm not broadcasting on MFC or any other site while I'm trying to broadcast my cam show on Streamate so I don't know what my webcam would be used by. View attachment 73667 View attachment 73668 My light for the webcam is on but nothing else is on, so could it be spyware?? Has anyone else experienced these issues? So if anyone could help me out and tell me whats going on with my webcam and why Streamate won't broadcast my feed please help me! Your help is much appreciated!
On your first screenshot, look in the upper left corner. See where it says "Quality: DSL (256K wide)"? You need to click that drop down and change it to SMBroadcaster.

That should hopefully fix it as long as nothing else is wrong. Right now the SMBroadcaster is using your cam (which is appropriate), but SM thinks it's supposed to be accessing your cam directly because you have it on the DSL setting. You have to tell SM to "look" at the SMBroadcaster, not the webcam itself.

Upvote 0
On your first screenshot, look in the upper left corner. See where it says "Quality: DSL (256K wide)"? You need to click that drop down and change it to SMBroadcaster.

That should hopefully fix it as long as nothing else is wrong. Right now the SMBroadcaster is using your cam (which is appropriate), but SM thinks it's supposed to be accessing your cam directly because you have it on the DSL setting. You have to tell SM to "look" at the SMBroadcaster, not the webcam itself.

Ok! I just actually purchased a new webcam the Logitech C270 and installed it on my mac. However now it is saying :Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.55.37 PM.png
I got a new one so it might be easier to use with SM and MFC and so my video quality would look nicer. I installed the correct drivers for a Mac too. I'm unsure of what to do so I can link up this new camera with Streamate and MCF. It only seems to turn on when I turn it on from it's separate application too and not when I try and activate it when trying to log into SM to stream. Any ideas on how to link it up? I'm sorry I'm pretty terrible with electronics ): thank you for helping @Ms_Gingersnatch!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.53.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 5.53.43 PM.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
@honey_witchie Where it says video source and audio source see if there are other options.

If that doesn't work shut your computer down (not simply reboot). After starting it back up if it stills says that, go through task manager and end task on anything that might use your webcam and/or mic.

Upvote 0
Things have been so ridiculously slow for me lately, I assume because of the holidays. Anyone have any idea of when it'll start picking up again?

Same! My traffic is so much slower than before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping it's just because people are pinching pennies for the holidays and will pick up again in the New Year.

Nobody can tell you, though. I think the consensus is that traffic flow is a mystery when it comes to dates/times. I'm sure some girls are killing it right now.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Rhiannon Reye
Upvote 0
Same! My traffic is so much slower than before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping it's just because people are pinching pennies for the holidays and will pick up again in the New Year.

Nobody can tell you, though. I think the consensus is that traffic flow is a mystery when it comes to dates/times. I'm sure some girls are killing it right now.

That's what I was assuming, people pinching pennies and nobody really being able to tell when it'll pick up aince it's so individual. I just thought I'd ask, though. Seems like for many people this time is a slower time. I'm pretty new (only been on SM for 2 weeks) and a page 2 model at the moment so it's slower for me anyway for now. But I'm staying optimistic. I still earn on slow days. Unlike my old camming site.

Upvote 0
That's what I was assuming, people pinching pennies and nobody really being able to tell when it'll pick up aince it's so individual. I just thought I'd ask, though. Seems like for many people this time is a slower time. I'm pretty new (only been on SM for 2 weeks) and a page 2 model at the moment so it's slower for me anyway for now. But I'm staying optimistic. I still earn on slow days. Unlike my old camming site.

I've been with SM for 2 years, and I don't recall Christmas being particularly slow, but in the past I worked less for Christmas. I know some girls make even MORE this time of year. My theory is those girls probably have a bond with their regulars where they want to treat them for Christmas.

But, yes! Streamate is definitely the best for me in terms of earnings. Even a bad day is akin to an average/good day for me on say...CB.

Upvote 0
Why is it that paying members on Streamate spend far more money on camgirls than paying members on MFC?.

They don't.
I would say that more members spend on SM, as in there are fewer freeloaders, but I would argue that in general spenders spend less on SM than MFC.

Upvote 0
Why is it that paying members on Streamate spend far more money on camgirls than paying members on MFC?.

My guess is because so little is allowed in free chat on Streamate.

Upvote 0

There are a bunch of freeloaders and I don't know if paying customers necessarily spend MORE (some may, some may not), I think it's more that the ones that do pay know that to get anywhere with any model they have to cough up the Gold or take a model premium/exclusive.

Upvote 0
@MiaFoxUK My thought process on it is it depends on the cammer if the member spends more. This of course goes for MFC as much as SM. MFC allows public shows and below waist nudity however SM allows things like Gold Shows which depending on how they are run can easily attract cheap spenders. Good thing about Gold Shows though of course is the guys HAVE to spend something. Bad news is you can't necessarily easily do a paid chat with one person without having to try over again for a Gold Show that may or may not happen.

Other thing I see is if you only do exclusives the way I do (this at least works well for me) then the guy has to spend something before being able to go exclusive. This means they aren't as likely to shorter shows.

If you don't allow free chat, then members can't talk to a model unless they have a member account. I imagine they figure they might as well use it since they went that far. Sure they can watch for free, but they won't be able to see much other than perhaps teasing and tit flashes. Since the model can't promote social media the members have to be in the room in order to interact (assuming googling won't lead to a twitter or whatever).

Since they allow for invisible chat members don't have to pay for pm there, and model's won't get overwhelmed by the messages that members may be too uncomfortable asking in an open to all room.

SM allows cammers to set their own prices, has an affiliate that over time pays nicely, and also integrates a confidential phone system so no need to worry about shrill, noisy, feedback from mics.

Since the site placement is by multiple factors like cam quality, internet speed, ratings from paid chats and hours worked on cam (90 or above hours in 30 days being considered excellent in the model's dashboard) it promotes model's who stay longer on the site as well as better quality shows, and those who don't only cam say once in a blue moon. That being said members wanting better cam quality and such would likely be more attracted to the site.

While MFC might be a higher earning site (possibly, but I don't know), I can see why SM definitely has qualities members would favor.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who thinks Gold Show guys are the douchiest? I have had guys spend as high as an hour in exclusive (at $9.99 a minute) and leave me 5 stars, but a dude will pay $3 for a Gold Show and bitch and moan about not getting what he paid for.

You'd think the opposite, but doesn't it seem like the cheapos are the biggest pricks (not in a good way)?

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who thinks Gold Show guys are the douchiest? I have had guys spend as high as an hour in exclusive (at $9.99 a minute) and leave me 5 stars, but a dude will pay $3 for a Gold Show and bitch and moan about not getting what he paid for.

You'd think the opposite, but doesn't it seem like the cheapos are the biggest pricks (not in a good way)?

Gold show guys can for sure be draining. Some act like they're paying for an exclusive show and get to bark orders for tipping $4 for a 7 minute show. I have lots of awesome gold show regs who rock & are always polite to me but damn when the annoying waves of gold show rude jerks come in I just focus on performing and won't even glance at the chat.

Upvote 0
Gold show guys can for sure be draining. Some act like they're paying for an exclusive show and get to bark orders for tipping $4 for a 7 minute show. I have lots of awesome gold show regs who rock & are always polite to me but damn when the annoying waves of gold show rude jerks come in I just focus on performing and won't even glance at the chat.

Yup! I notice it does seem to be two extremes. Some are extra sweet and nice, others act like they're connoisseurs. I do the same thing. I just maximize the encoder and tune them out, but sometimes they'll say something mean in free chat after.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0

Yeah, it's crazy to me how things have changed. Back in the day, guys paid your per-minute rate for premium or exclusive sessions, and that was the end of the business transaction. Now for $5 or less, they get a sexy show with all the bells and whistles, and if they decide to make a $10 contribution, they get - not only the show - but 100 pics and 10 vids. And they'll hassle you about when you're gonna send them all that stuff, bb. Lol.

And if that wasn't already an extremely cheap deal, you got the fuckers who still say shit like "Let's get a peek. Show me you're worth my money. Will you show your feet, and suck your toes for me in the show? Lemme see you deepthroat that dildo. How far can you take it, ma? Mmmm...can you look at the camera and moan "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!!!" Lmfao.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but I'm not sure if that is true (See my post in your "Which camsite is the largest in assets?" thread). But as they say in the Tootsie Pop commercial...the world may never know...:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Recently I did a bunch of 1 dollar boob play shows and people were PISSED I wasn't fucking myself. I just laugh at them and tell them they got what I was advertising in the most sickeningly sweet voice ever. "Oh sweetie, didn't you read or hear me saying this was only a boob show? Oh I', SOOOO SORRRYYYY you missed that memo hun"

You paid a fucking dollar dude I'm not going to fuck my ass which it says all over my profile that I NEVER do.

Upvote 0
Recently I did a bunch of 1 dollar boob play shows and people were PISSED I wasn't fucking myself. I just laugh at them and tell them they got what I was advertising in the most sickeningly sweet voice ever. "Oh sweetie, didn't you read or hear me saying this was only a boob show? Oh I', SOOOO SORRRYYYY you missed that memo hun"

You paid a fucking dollar dude I'm not going to fuck my ass which it says all over my profile that I NEVER do.
Dude I'll only throw in bells and whistles if we clear gold goal by 75+ and even then it has to be awe inspiring. I've had one guy literally go "fuck your ass" during a goddess tit and ass worship show. It's like, there will be no fucking of anything. Did you not read the description?? Take your $5 elsewhere.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Dude I'll only throw in bells and whistles if we clear gold goal by 75+ and even then it has to be awe inspiring. I've had one guy literally go "fuck your ass" during a goddess tit and ass worship show. It's like, there will be no fucking of anything. Did you not read the description?? Take your $5 elsewhere.

I had another guy that night that wanted me to slap my tits and tie them. He asked before the show and I was like "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL NO DID YOU LOOK AT MY PROFILE?" So that's cool at least he asked before.

Then he paid in anyways and got mad there was no oil.

People were asking about oil during the countdown and I kept saying no there was none and there will never be oil shows in my room but I would CONSIDER buying lotion because I use in shower moisturizer.

Gold show dudes are often the worst. The guys that pay 25+ bucks for a gold show when I'm only asking 1-5 are never the ones demanding things either.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Upvote 0
Yeah goldshows are fast, easier $ if privates slow down but can bring in a lot of rude guys who only seem to join gold shows on the site and be extra rude about it. Nothing wrong with guys joining cheap shows that fit into their budget but for fucks sake they don't have to be a jerk through it. What I can say on the positive note for goldshows is they're great for traffic, especially if someone is new and I've met some great regulars who take me into longer exclusives after they joined a gold show.

Upvote 0

It can be the same with private pricing, too. Charge $0.99-1.99/minute, they want a damn three-ring circus. $4.99? All they want is ass worship.

Upvote 0
It can be the same with private pricing, too. Charge $0.99-1.99/minute, they want a damn three-ring circus. $4.99? All they want is ass worship.

This is true too. I always think "It's slow maybe I'll lower my rates" *Troglodytes crawl out of the woodwork*

Upvote 0
Oh

YES! It's just low class guys who are always looking for a free lunch. I also feel like the higher your prices, the more people feel like they're getting a good show. Like, if you price lower people will inclined to think you're worth less from the get-go. That's why I keep my prices at $5.99/$9.99. And I have a really good connection with some of my wealthier regs.

Upvote 0
So... i finally decide to give Streamate a try, and im wondering since it has been extremely slow for me, (today i only made $3 literally), how important is the look of the room? i may be overthinking this and maybe its just slow because of the holidays, and me being new attracting a lot of scammers, but boy i see the other models rooms and they are gorgeous! the lightning is amazing! and sadly mine looks as a member said earlier like "a Russian guetto" lol, i can't do much about it cos this is a very old house, but maybe i invest my first earnings in some nice pillows or something, do you girls think that the room is something that could make a huge difference? i mean, mine is not horrible either, but definitely not so colorful and pretty

Upvote 0
So... i finally decide to give Streamate a try, and im wondering since it has been extremely slow for me, (today i only made $3 literally), how important is the look of the room? i may be overthinking this and maybe its just slow because of the holidays, and me being new attracting a lot of scammers, but boy i see the other models rooms and they are gorgeous! the lightning is amazing! and sadly mine looks as a member said earlier like "a Russian guetto" lol, i can't do much about it cos this is a very old house, but maybe i invest my first earnings in some nice pillows or something, do you girls think that the room is something that could make a huge difference? i mean, mine is not horrible either, but definitely not so colorful and pretty

I find having a clean, uncluttered space is best. And IS important. Guys stick around less when my space is dim/messy. So you should have a cute comforter, a couple throw pillows, etc. I'd recommend investing in some professional lighting equipment. I got mine pretty cheap on Amazon. I just use the two umbrella lights, positioned so they hit me in the most flattering way. I find that works pretty well. You might add a lamp with an incandescent bulb to add some warmth.

That's stuff you can control. You can't do much about the structure of the house, but I'd say position against the cutest backdrop you have to work with. It can't hurt to spruce a little if you're able (maybe a nice, new paint job) but I wouldn't sweat that as much.

Reactions: Danicatillie
Upvote 0