AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I used to do my shows imlive, but I'm looking to switch to Chaturbate or SM. I liked the platform without tips and only private shows, because I feel that I need to make a much bigger theater in websites with tips like MFC. I feel that sites with only the private option are more objective and direct. But in the imlive I charged very little for my shows, thinking that the men could see the prices and they would not enter. Now I feel more confident to charge more. How was it for you to start charging more for the minutes?

if you want more private based like imlive, i would def try sm! don't be afraid to charge more since a lot of us ladies already do there. the biggest key to camming is valuing yourself. i'm not saying the girls who charge less don't value themselves anymore than the high rollers, they just tend to track cheap and flaking customers. also some models who do charge less are in a higher currency exchange area, so it might seem like pennies to some, but it pays in hundreds to others.

i personally feel like $4.99/$6.99 ppm (you'll earn around $ 1.74/$2.44 a min) is a great starting place for new models on streamate.

I plan to start at SM next week, but I'm a bit confused. What is the difference between premium and exclusive?

premium is like group private. anyone can join into the show. exclusive is 1 on 1. most models use premium for basic vanilla stuff, and exclusive for more specific requests. some models don't offer premiums and set it super high and only except exclusives.

Upvote 0
I plan to start at SM next week, but I'm a bit confused. What is the difference between premium and exclusive?
premium is group where you have more than one user watching and exclusive is 1 on 1

Upvote 0
i think you and i have this weird twin thing going on. we always post the same thing.
I almost posted this exact same thing to! Hello long distance twin lmao!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
if you want more private based like imlive, i would def try sm! don't be afraid to charge more since a lot of us ladies already do there. the biggest key to camming is valuing yourself. i'm not saying the girls who charge less don't value themselves anymore than the high rollers, they just tend to track cheap and flaking customers. also some models who do charge less are in a higher currency exchange area, so it might seem like pennies to some, but it pays in hundreds to others.

i personally feel like $4.99/$6.99 ppm (you'll earn around $ 1.74/$2.44 a min) is a great starting place for new models on streamate.

premium is like group private. anyone can join into the show. exclusive is 1 on 1. most models use premium for basic vanilla stuff, and exclusive for more specific requests. some models don't offer premiums and set it super high and only except exclusives.

hmmm when I did in imlive the men chose. Usually one called me to the private and sometimes someone else wanted to come in to watch as well and they shared the costs. But I imagine that SM should be different. In MFC it also has the voyer mode. So many types of shows @ - @

Upvote 0
@Candice Lover

From the Model Verification Requests Thread
**For anyone reading this who wonders why there's a time and post requirement, I'll explain just a tad.

Patience in waiting a period of time shows you actually care enough and really want to be part of the MO group. In the past we've had so many cam models who sign up, ask for verification without spending any time here, get in MO and just lurk for months before getting removed for inactivity. I don't like to pander to people who treat it like that. This new process has proven to be wonderful. Those that get verified now are actually interacting in the MO section and adding value to it.

Having a post requirement forces you to interact and show us a little about yourself and learn the interface of the forum. I like to get a feel for a person before I verify them. There are some folks who have never asked for verification, but given their interactions in the past, I'd never allow it. For most, I feel confident letting them in the group as I've seen they are polite and know how to use the forum properly enough to make a good handful of posts. :)

Upvote 0
hmmm when I did in imlive the men chose. Usually one called me to the private and sometimes someone else wanted to come in to watch as well and they shared the costs. But I imagine that SM should be different. In MFC it also has the voyer mode. So many types of shows @ - @
On streamate premium (group) chat you set your rate for each user that enters. Mine is set at $4.99/min and each user that joins pays that rate... so if 2 ppl join id make $9.98/min if 3 $14.97/min and it just keeps adding up....

Upvote 0

hmmmmmmmmm.

I always see the girls excited to finally have their profiles verified that I was left with the question of how much interaction is expected. Although I am reading quite a lot of the available forums I do not participate so much, you are very fast and answer all doubts quickly lol .. But I will try to participate more in order to have access to the other forums :)) thank u girls :h:

Upvote 0
Hey girls! So I’m a bit confused on the payments on Streamate. I just started so I chose to get paid via check since that has the lowest cash out rate. Once I start making more I’ll probably change to direct deposit or payoneer. Anyway, I was wondering how the payments work. I can’t see anything listed in the help center. So I earned 33$ last week and today since the pay period reset now my earnings are at 0$. However when I go to look I’m my payment history there is nothing there?

Also I did NOT sign up with studio :p

Attachments

• ACC883F5-54DF-4E06-882F-3F3E5B9FB045.png
    ACC883F5-54DF-4E06-882F-3F3E5B9FB045.png
    373 KB · Views: 25
  • 2E7F7586-51E6-445A-A952-9779DC7D9BE6.png
    2E7F7586-51E6-445A-A952-9779DC7D9BE6.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0
Hey girls! So I’m a bit confused on the payments on Streamate. I just started so I chose to get paid via check since that has the lowest cash out rate. Once I start making more I’ll probably change to direct deposit or payoneer. Anyway, I was wondering how the payments work. I can’t see anything listed in the help center. So I earned 33$ last week and today since the pay period reset now my earnings are at 0$. However when I go to look I’m my payment history there is nothing there?

Payment history doesn't update until the check is issued which is the following Wednesday after the pay period ends I believe.

Upvote 0

Payment history doesn't update until the check is issued which is the following Wednesday after the pay period ends I believe.

Also if this is your first check it will usually take about 2 weeks to receive, then you get them weekly.

Upvote 0
Kind of just curious (will message support for a change when I wake up) but what per minute rate do they usually cap people at if they haven't requested otherwise? Mine is 5.99 excl but there were a few mentions of 7.99 (to start) in this thread. I'm just bummed I've been at a cheaper rate because I didn't know any better!

I should have come here to ask WAY sooner, I knew something seemed off and could swear I'd heard of higher rates. Perhaps my thought was that it would work like gold show privledges; you meet the mystery criteria and then ta-dah!

Upvote 0
Hey guys! I’m back with another question. I’ve been on Streamate for 2 days and I’ve already made more than I make on Chaturbate in 2 weeks... lol. I’m fucking loving it so far. Anyway. So what is this Princess Jenny daily pay? I’m really interested in it / how can I enroll?

Upvote 0
daily pay is a uk company, you get paid minus a % the day after you earn the money on sm. it involves creating a whole new account and starting again though so make sure its what you want! are you in the uk? i use dailypay for adultwork.com and i love it, i think US girls tend to go for boleyn otherwise you are losing £$ on the constant conversions.

Upvote 0
Kind of just curious (will message support for a change when I wake up) but what per minute rate do they usually cap people at if they haven't requested otherwise? Mine is 5.99 excl but there were a few mentions of 7.99 (to start) in this thread. I'm just bummed I've been at a cheaper rate because I didn't know any better!

I should have come here to ask WAY sooner, I knew something seemed off and could swear I'd heard of higher rates. Perhaps my thought was that it would work like gold show privledges; you meet the mystery criteria and then ta-dah!
Im not sure but message them and ask for the max that way you have freedom to change it a hundred times a day if you wish. its advisable to try a rate for a month if you can, to find your 'sweet spot'

Upvote 0
daily pay is a uk company, you get paid minus a % the day after you earn the money on sm. it involves creating a whole new account and starting again though so make sure its what you want! are you in the uk? i use dailypay for adultwork.com and i love it, i think US girls tend to go for boleyn otherwise you are losing £$ on the constant conversions.
Hmmm interesting... perhaps I’ll think about it if I feel like making another account at some point. I had no idea, that sucks though. But oh well I guess I’ll just keep with the checks for now! :smirk:

Upvote 0
Another question... is there any way to promote yourself when you cam almost strictly on Streamate? For example I want to start a Manyvids but from what I’ve read you need to have a decent amount of followers to be successful on there. Is this correct? Also, how would I go about getting twitter followers... since I can’t promote?

Upvote 0
Another question... is there any way to promote yourself when you cam almost strictly on Streamate? For example I want to start a Manyvids but from what I’ve read you need to have a decent amount of followers to be successful on there. Is this correct? Also, how would I go about getting twitter followers... since I can’t promote?

Any clip site will help. The key is to put your camsite on your profile, and upload (if possible) every day. The more you put yourself out there, the better the chances of having folks find you. I believe the best clip site in regards to promotion is clips4sale, however I've had members claim they found me through some of my other sites as well.

Upvote 0

Though I haven't looked into it a ton myself, you may want to check out ModelCentro. It's legal to link out to MC from SM if you do the vice versa as well, and I believe on Model Centro you CAN link to your other things.

Edit: I'm not sure where/how you link out to your Model Centro though, I think it may actually provide a button on your SM profile to subscribing or something? If anyone who actually knows what the heck they're talking about here feels like chiming in, haha

Upvote 0
Though I haven't looked into it a ton myself, you may want to check out ModelCentro. It's legal to link out to MC from SM if you do the vice versa as well, and I believe on Model Centro you CAN link to your other things.

Edit: I'm not sure where/how you link out to your Model Centro though, I think it may actually provide a button on your SM profile to subscribing or something? If anyone who actually knows what the heck they're talking about here feels like chiming in, haha
While this is true its my understanding that when sm members sign up they see an edited version of your site.... so they may see whats in the members area but I am not sure how much else.

Upvote 0
@SpoonieSugar I wound up not using mine anymore after I learned I wasn't able to block anyone on MC. When I asked them if they could remove someone (who happened to have my ex's email), they instead said they would take the person off a subscription after their subscription expired...and would allow them to re-subscribe after. Also you can't close your site down until all subscriptions are done. I eventually had to move my videos to another platform, so I could have more control over things.

Maybe things have changed there as it's been a while, but that didn't set well with me.

Upvote 0
Girls I've got a few questions!, first of all im new in the camming world, so my first session at sm would be my first time going online.
I would really like to know what to charge tho, the maximum they let new girls charge is 5.99 i don't know if i can go any higher contacting them or if this is already too much?
and then about cam2cam, how is in sm? its a default thing to do when you go exclusive or premium? something you can choose not to? do you charge more to see the guys cam?

Upvote 0
Oh and another thing, this is about the display country, SM would only let me choose between Latin American country's but i feel waaaay more comfortable speaking in English and working with an English speaking audience but i don't know if people from Europe or us would find me so easily... is there any way to contact them to change my display country to us or something? they do this or its impossible?

Upvote 0
@CottonKitty I'd email support. In your dashboard you should be a support tab. In the drop-down click contact, and it'll take you there. I don't know about them changing your country, but I know they can raise your rates. You can reject C2C if you don't want to view them. I don't charge more for them, but that's me.

Upvote 0
I would really like to know what to charge tho, the maximum they let new girls charge is 5.99 i don't know if i can go any higher contacting them or if this is already too much?

You can request support to let you charge more, for sure. Until they give you the option, I would charge $5.99 for exclusive and $3.99 for premium. Gradually bump the prices up $0.05-0.10 every couple weeks or so, until you're at a spot that works best.

Reactions: CottonKitty
Upvote 0
Thank you girls a lot! i think im gonna leave the rates alone for now, i contacted them for the display country situation tho and they changed it but the changes didn't show up on the outside, viewing my profile from SM, i pick the option again and press submit and now even the option its gone 100% so... it didn't work, im going to insist tho, this could be useful for others girls in the same situation so i hope it works out!

Upvote 0