AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to succeed as a BBW camgirl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that SM is best for BBW's. I'm on SM and I see BBW's on the first page all the time. Not that BBW's can't do well on MFC, but the young, skinny, small tits type seems to have the most luck being successful right off the bat on MFC. BBW's can do well too, but it usually takes time for them to build up a following on there.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I agree with all of the supportive posts so far :) I was going to say just show up for work at SM and you'll be just fine! I don't have a BBW body but I have what I call a mom bod and I wish there was a category just for that. I personally am not happy with my body type but I have found that so many members enjoy me as I am. I am going to work my mom bod ! BBWs do great as cam models don't pay attention to what others girls body types look like. I have seen some chicks with stereotypically hot bodys have a trash attitude and an empty room. On the other hand I have seen BBWs, Mom bods (like me) and even chicks with obviously body symmetry issues rock the front page!! :)

Damn , and my guys leave the room cause my belly is not big enough lol. I dont think being a BBW is a problem, but cam quality and internet speed is. In my case, until i bought a good cam and i had fastest speed I didnt make money. I saw really successful BBW models , and they have gorgeous makeup, great room decoration and best HD cam . Plus they laugh and they are funny to watch altogether. Good luck !

Reactions: TajaEthereal
Damn , and my guys leave the room cause my belly is not big enough lol.
Funny how that works. There are dudes who will even say that *I* am too skinny, and look at me.

• Funny!
Reactions: Pure_emotion
hello there im a bbw cam girl so any sites u people besides charurbate u can recommend to me ? thanks in advance

hello there im a bbw cam girl so any sites u people besides charurbate u can recommend to me ? thanks in advance
Honestly I don’t even want to answer if you’re too damn lazy to read the thread, but:
As has been said many times in this thread - Streamate.

well dont have to be so rude
That must have been a typo, surely you meant to say “thanks Gen, and you’re right, it was quite lazy of me to skip all of the advice that a bunch of camgirls shared on a topic that’s relevant to me just to ask the same question that’s been repeated multiple times throughout the thread! I appreciate you holding my hand!”

2BCB8CA0-5321-4D25-8181-3FCE61E89AD0.gif

well dont have to be so rude

Gen is honestly one of the sweetest models on this forum. However, your question has been answered multiple times in this thread, even on the first page, which you had to scroll past to type your post. If you had read those posts instead of scrolling past, you would already have oodles of information. In this line of work, you need to be able to find information yourself, rather than expect everything to be personally handed to you. You were able to find this thread, so that's a step in the right direction, but you clearly didn't read it, which would have given you so much information and probably answered about half the questions you likely have about camming as a BBW.

Chubby is good. A lot of BBW fans LOVE bellies, so if you have one, use tags like "chubby belly" or "big tummy". If you have pretty curvy/muscular thighs & butt, "thick" is also a good one to use.

The belly thing happened to me on my first day. I was so taken aback. This guy kept asking me to flash my stomach. I didn't even know what to charge for it. It hadn't occurred to me that that was something people would pay to see. Like, my big boobs and my big butt? Sure, but you want to see my what now? Lol. It was cool though. Honestly, the whole thing has been a huge confidence boost.

As far as clothing goes: Sometimes I make more money wearing a cute top and jeans than I do in lingerie. A lot of models find they do best in a t-shirt and panties, or a tank top and panties. Try out a few different things and see which works best for you.

Regarding the hustle on SM, a lot of guys on there are shy, and will run away if you try to engage them too much. Just smile into the cam and say hi when they come in, and wait for them to make the next move. A lot pop in and out of rooms pretty quickly, because they have a very specific type - don't take it personally, all models get this. Stick to your limits and become friends with the ban button, because a lot of people will try to push you.

An important thing to remember for BBW'S on any site is to avoid thinking that you have to do things cheaper than others because of your size. I've had guys thinking that they'll get a free show because they're in a chubby girl's room. Nope. They're still going to pay to see what they want.

This is really good to know. I was looking at bigger women when trying to figure out my prices, and I noticed that most of the BBWs on CB seem to charge quite a bit less than thinner models and I was kind of bummed that I might have to ask for a lot less because I'm chunky. I didn't want to do that because it felt like admitting that my body is worth less or something, so it's great to know that's not the case.

Thank you to OP and all the lovelies that commented with such good advice!! I'm no expert, I have only been camming (inconsistently) since what, May?? But I've noticed a huge shift in my attitude about my quiet little mfc room when I started viewing what my room is "supposed" to be like differently. I got discouraged seeing all these cute girls with full rooms, running fun games and having these thousands of tks cumshow goals... and over in my room it's a revolving door of like 3-5 premiums at a time and you can basically hear crickets. I think a lot of that is because I'm still quite new, and I had to take some time off due to health reasons, so what regs I would've had by now are spending their time with other lovely mfc models. But anyway, I started just logging in, and not stressing. I set up a goal I rarely ever make, and a nice little tip menu, and I do get some guys using that and interacting in the chat. Sometimes I log in to one of my phone sex lines, and let them listen in to a call... that tends to draw a crowd. But mostly what I'm making my money from is guys noticing me on there, and booking pvt/skype shows with me. So even if your room seems dead, they're noticing you. Some nights I walk outta there with 0 tips toward my goal but 5 skype shows. I agree with the whole consistency thing... I have guys telling me constantly they wanted to call/cam with me but I wasn't around.

There are definitely things that are harder for BBW models, but you are basically describing the same problems ALL new models have. You are pigeon holing yourself if you think of yourself as *just* a BBW and not a new model!

You are 100% wrong when you say not many members prefer BBWs. There are SO many members on MFC, even if it's a small minority that prefers us that is still a huuuge pool of members. However - if you think "only BBW lovers will like me" you are closing yourself off to a bunch of members!

I have a lot of "BBW lover" type regulars for sure - but also just a lot of guys who like girls! I've been shocked when I see the girls that my regs like - my oldest regular is alo a regular of a girl who's like my opposite (very slim, super tattooed, dominant). Because he likes hot girls and the beauty of camming is that you don't have to commit to one person, you can enjoy all the ladies. My point being, it's not just guys who seek BBWs out that will be your regulars.

There are a lot of guys on MFC who will leave your room or never enter because you're a BBW. So, c'est la vie. You will get trolled more than thinner models (maybe?) - oh well. Just silently ban and ignore. There are SO MANY dudes who will love your body and your personality! So many!!!! So don't think of your body as a deterrent, it's a beautiful thing and it is a great selling point. I pinkie promise. I do believe it's harder for BBWs but it is what it is, you can take that as a challenge or an excuse!

My only other advice would be to investigate other sites - Clips4Sale is great for BBWs, so is Streamate because members can search specifically for that. I do know firsthand that you can make good money (at least, my idea of good money) on MFC as a BBW so don't self-defeat! Read all the threads for new models, absolutely get a better cam/Internet if you can, and be confident!

This message is so old so you probably aren't going to see this, but thank you so much! This is exactly what i needed to see.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
This message is so old so you probably aren't going to see this, but thank you so much! This is exactly what i needed to see.
Hahahha i am still here and will probably be on ACF until the end of time! You’re adorable and gorgeous, I hope you make lots of money and I’m glad the message resonated.

Hi every one! I tried chaturbate. I did good on my second day! I made fifty dollars in 15 minutes in private. I've made thirty dollars off of just tokens. But no one wants to tip. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I set goal,big goals, small goals...nothing. I'm going to sign up for Steam Mate.

Two days is not enough of a chance. It is a marathon not a race. Keep showing up and if after a month things haven’t improved then you could move on to try something else.. I have been doing this for nearly 3 years and still have 10 dollar days. Plus cb has been super glitchy this last week which doesn’t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.