AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate .. bot army?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2017
This one was new to me, at least.

Member - grey of course - came into my favorite model's CB room last night, and told her to PM him so he could tell her the secret to success on CB. She talked him into just speaking in main chat, where he offered the following sales pitch: "So, you know how the models on the front page have, like, 500 users in their room? Well, you need to have that many users to get to the front page, in order to get enough people to come to you to make the kind of tips that you want."

Now, this is clearly not the case; she and I have paid close attention to her position in the CB "sort order" over several sessions. Position seems to be very surprisingly volatile, compared to MFC's CamScore, for example. The CB position is heavily impacted by things like a new unique tipper, even one who tipped just 1 token; a single user signing up for her Fan Club; number of new Follows; a surprisingly short period of tipping silence; a user giving a thumbs-up for the 24-hour period; etc. It provides solid resistance to a single high-tipper trying to push a model forward. I'd actually have guessed, from what I've been observing, that "users in the room" has a nil weighting in the CB sort-order-algorithm.

He continued on with his pitch, "Well, I happen to have 500 anonymous accounts with unique IP addresses. I have a program, which helped get meaningless_namedrop to the front page, before she blocked me because she had gotten what she wanted. I have some revisions to this program, and I need a place to test it."

This is where his pitch has gone seriously off the rails for me, personally.

You have 500 unique IP addresses? Oh, you have a small bot-net, you know, the kind of thing which I actively fight against, professionally, on a daily basis.

You think users-in-room alone is going to catapult somebody to the front page? You know less about this rating algorithm than we've learned in, you know, a mere week or two of observations.

The model you helped blocked you? Yes, I'm sure she had no reason to; models block nice guys, you know, for no reason at all, like, all the time.

You want to test your program? You don't need my friend's permission to test it on her room, you know; CB doesn't give her the tools she'd need to stop you if you tried.

And all of this is from the goodness of your heart? I'm sure you will not ask anything of my friend down the line.

So, if it were up to me, I would simply bin this member, his sales pitch, and his bot-net. But, my friend is feeling a little frustration with her CB success, or lack thereof, and she seems to be a bit tempted by the idea of there being a secret short-cut to success.

Are there any downsides that I've missed, which I ought to be offering as counter-argument to this snake-oil salesman? I'm sure there's an element or two to this that I'm not catching... :rolleyes:

This one was new to me, at least.

Member - grey of course - came into my favorite model's CB room last night, and told her to PM him so he could tell her the secret to success on CB. She talked him into just speaking in main chat, where he offered the following sales pitch: "So, you know how the models on the front page have, like, 500 users in their room? Well, you need to have that many users to get to the front page, in order to get enough people to come to you to make the kind of tips that you want."

Now, this is clearly not the case; she and I have paid close attention to her position in the CB "sort order" over several sessions. Position seems to be very surprisingly volatile, compared to MFC's CamScore, for example. The CB position is heavily impacted by things like a new unique tipper, even one who tipped just 1 token; a single user signing up for her Fan Club; number of new Follows; a surprisingly short period of tipping silence; a user giving a thumbs-up for the 24-hour period; etc. It provides solid resistance to a single high-tipper trying to push a model forward. I'd actually have guessed, from what I've been observing, that "users in the room" has a nil weighting in the CB sort-order-algorithm.

He continued on with his pitch, "Well, I happen to have 500 anonymous accounts with unique IP addresses. I have a program, which helped get meaningless_namedrop to the front page, before she blocked me because she had gotten what she wanted. I have some revisions to this program, and I need a place to test it."

This is where his pitch has gone seriously off the rails for me, personally.

You have 500 unique IP addresses? Oh, you have a small bot-net, you know, the kind of thing which I actively fight against, professionally, on a daily basis.

You think users-in-room alone is going to catapult somebody to the front page? You know less about this rating algorithm than we've learned in, you know, a mere week or two of observations.

The model you helped blocked you? Yes, I'm sure she had no reason to; models block nice guys, you know, for no reason at all, like, all the time.

You want to test your program? You don't need my friend's permission to test it on her room, you know; CB doesn't give her the tools she'd need to stop you if you tried.

And all of this is from the goodness of your heart? I'm sure you will not ask anything of my friend down the line.

So, if it were up to me, I would simply bin this member, his sales pitch, and his bot-net. But, my friend is feeling a little frustration with her CB success, or lack thereof, and she seems to be a bit tempted by the idea of there being a secret short-cut to success.

Are there any downsides that I've missed, which I ought to be offering as counter-argument to this snake-oil salesman? I'm sure there's an element or two to this that I'm not catching... :rolleyes:
Considering how ban happy CB are from what I have read, it might not be the best idea to discuss buying view bots on their platform where they can see it.

Reactions: SecurityResearcher
As far as I know placement on the chaturbate page really only depends on the number of registered users in the room and nothing else. Therefore a bot army could actually really theoretically help. A user offering this for kinda free is fishy though of course.

As far as I know placement on the chaturbate page really only depends on the number of registered users in the room and nothing else. Therefore a bot army could actually really theoretically help. A user offering this for kinda free is fishy though of course.

I thought that too for a while, but the more I've observed our room rankings the more I see there's a lot more to it. I usually refer to it as chaturbate's random ranking generator because it really seems random. For example, last night she (my girlfriend) tried something new and had 700 people in her room. She still didn't hit page 1 (for females). She was stuck on page 2. Meanwhile, most people on page 2 had less than 150 people in their room. She had more viewers than most girls on page 1. Her ratio of paid members to non-paid members was excellent, so it wasn't lack of paying members either. Tips were flowing great, etc. This happens all the time. For some reason, when we/she is on, our ranking is almost always significantly less than those with the same amount of people in the room. That's also taking into account paid members only when I've looked. I haven't figured it out yet, but if it were purely based on number of registered users, we'd be doing a lot better. I suspect it's because we don't hit those viewer numbers consistently enough so lack of followers, thumbs up, number of tippers, or something along those lines is less than those with the same amount of viewers.

I always find it interesting when models complain about MFC's camscore vs lack of one on chaturbate. I'd take the transparency of that any day over some seemingly random ranking based on unknown factors where you have no idea where you stand or why. It's not like chaturbate doesn't have a "camscore" (or something similar). You just have no idea what it is. However, I can guarantee there's some number associated with your cam generated by an unknown algorithm that determines your ranking. Ignorance is not bliss in this case.

Bots are mostly effective when the model start broadcasting. In 15 minutes the algorithm of CB kicks in and start to work on the ratio (Color users/Grey users and tips per minute). It looks it also has in the background a reputation/success score of the last broadcast to place the model in the lists.
This is purely based on observations as i have seen models also loose like 95% of their viewers for a few minutes and still stay on page one.Just the panicked look on her face made me giggle..
To be honest CB should be able to detect those weird drops in viewers and should take notice of that. But if the model makes $$ for CB you never know what the choice of CB will be.

Just what make me curious to have like 25000 fake viewers on their network is that not giving an extra heavy load on their network ?

I can put 500 viewers into any room.. its easy even a normal 100mbit connection can do it.
you just combine it with the mod exploit

June 28, 2016, posted by admin

Chaturbate has rolled out a new “Recommended” feature. Here is how it works:

At the top of the Chaturbate.com homepage, you will see a list of “Recommended” broadcaster chat rooms when you log in to your account. Who you will see in the list of Recommended Broadcasters is based on who YOU like to play with on Chaturbate! Whether you really get off on tattoos or twinks, cos-play or cum shots– whatever you like–you will find a selection of Recommended Broadcasters that fit your personal fantasy.

This is great for broadcasters too! While all broadcasters with a lot of fans in their chat room will still appear on the main page, the “Recommended” algorithm lets fans find their perfect Chaturbate crush fast. The “Recommended” tag allows fans looking for your special talents to find your room easily, regardless of how many other people are already chatting with you.

If for some reason you don’t want to see the “Recommended” feature, you can disable it by going to “Advanced Options” at the top right of the site and select the “Disable Recommendations” checkbox.
Source

While Chaturbate wouldn’t disclose their entire algorithm, they did confirm that interactions are among the signals used. These metrics include visits, follows, tips, fanclub subscriptions and other forms of interactions. Chaturbate also denied that language and location are used in the algo. While it was asked, they did not specifically address whether other demographics such as age were factored into the calculations.

Chaturbate stated that there really isn’t much a model can do to optimize a profile for suggestions. Everything is intereaction-based instead of keyword-based.
Source

• Helpful!
Reactions: SecurityResearcher
Status
Not open for further replies.