AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About to give up.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Should I quit MFC?

• Yes. You suck as a model go back to school.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No, keep trying!

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Try Chaturbate

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Try Streamate

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Try Camversity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try Nood.tv

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy_

Cam Model
Apr 19, 2017
Hey there,
So I've been camming for close to two months now, its still such a struggle. I've tried so many different things from changing locations, dumbing down my show which I was hoping to incorporate more of my performance into, and even tried doing a public cum show. I have privates and groups available but only had done 3 privates and zero groups. I'm kind, funny, talkative, I take time to put myself together before going online. I tweet, I made videos, offer customs, invested money in lights and my cam space. I write back to everyone who writes to me. I say hello I try to get to know everyone and remember tings about guests in my room. I think I have what it takes but I am still struggling to get people in my room. I still can only manage to have about 20 or under people in my room and only made 2-3 of them are premiums. I have so much to offer MFC but I feel no one is giving me a chance. I don't know what else to do. I logged on again today and after 30 min of no one chatting I had to give up or ugly cry on cam. I don't want to have to go back to the strip club, I really want this to work because in the months Ive been working the three good days I've had I've really enjoyed.

You can see the efforts I've made on Twitter @Trixie_Treats13

I dont want to go to the other sites as I feel they're less performance based. I want to be able to have a shot at being a non-explicit model in free chat. I was hoping to reserve my mega slutty side for private and videos but no one takes me private and barely anyone purchases my videos despite the sales I've offered. I'm drained, burnt out and broke after all of this time Ive put in. I should be investing my time and money in something else. It just burns me to see some of the other models killing it despite their appearance, cam quality or friendliness. I just sit here and wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm about to quit MFC though I really don't want to. I understand we all have bad days but they are many for me.

Feeling pretty down today.

Attachments

• 19424532_1583918851653113_2829529543290653852_n.jpg
    19424532_1583918851653113_2829529543290653852_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 41
Try streamate while you work on building your mfc room.

Have you tried a crying show yet?
um... no. lol Is that actually a thing? I prefer to be happy and vibrate on a happy frequency rather than a depressed one, thats why this is so hard for me. Not only financially but emotionally.

um... no. lol Is that actually a thing? I prefer to be happy and vibrate on a happy frequency rather than a depressed one, thats why this is so hard for me. Not only financially but emotionally.
Oh yeah. There is a model named Paris-somethingorother occasionally does the crying thing, but mostly she seems to specialize in run-of-the-mill bitchiness. Another one named Popka/Pops/something-along-those-lines does them too, but she just doesn't seem to be on as much any more.

Don't sound like you have much to lose giving it a try. Get the word out in the lounge just as you start, should garner you a little extra attention.

I am the one that picked "you suck go back to school" in the poll, feel free to use that as motivation if you decide to give it a shot. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a handful of tragedies you have personally experienced to reminisce about, and it might not hurt to have an onion right off cam that you can sniff if you are having trouble keeping them tears flowing.

Oh yeah. There is a model named Paris-somethingorother occasionally does the crying thing, but mostly she seems to specialize in run-of-the-mill bitchiness. Another one named Popka/Pops/something-along-those-lines does them too, but she just doesn't seem to be on as much any more.

Don't sound like you have much to lose giving it a try. Get the word out in the lounge just as you start, should garner you a little extra attention.

I am the one that picked "you suck go back to school" in the poll, feel free to use that as motivation if you decide to give it a shot. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a handful of tragedies you have personally experienced to reminisce about, and it might not hurt to have an onion right off cam that you can sniff if you are having trouble keeping them tears flowing.

I would love to get my name out in the lounge but thought a member had to do that, I didn't think models were allowed in there. Besides I'd rather be known in there for one of my creative sensual shows, or even one of my slutty squirt shows than crying.

I would love to get my name out in the lounge but thought a member had to do that, I didn't think models were allowed in there.
Well, make you a member account and you can log in through it to go in the lounge. There are a few models that do that, while they are broadcasting they are also in the lounge on their member account.

I don't know how you would prefer to deal with the lounge, I seen one model that tries to pretend she is a member in the lounge, badmouths herself and calls herself a fat ugly bitch with her member account, I guess she figures any attention is better than no attention. Then there are a couple more that are out in the open about being a model.

Besides I'd rather be known in there for one of my creative sensual shows, or even one of my slutty squirt shows than crying.
Keep creative/sensual/slutty in mind, if folks want to pay you for that, roll with it.

But if it was me, and I was trying to suffer through a tokenless doldrum, you better believe that I would rather bawl than sit there getting overlooked. Of course, I have had jobs where I had to deal with manure for hours on end for a pittance of an hourly wage, so maybe my standards are a little low.

Justjoined is trolling you Trixie, pay no mind.

I suggest you check out streamate while you are building a following. Mfc is a really hard site, especially to get started on. Streamate is a private based site that doesn’t require as much of a base of regulars to do well as mfc does. Maybe you’ll love it and do really well there and maybe not, but I think you’ll have a better shot at a stronger start and it’s at least worth a shot before you give up entirely.

I just want to send you a really really huge hug girl.

I'm not sure what is making it so tough but if you WANT to cam I would deffinately try a few other sites before you give up

One thing I want to mention is that many of the performance models I see on MFC specifically were 'regular' cam models before transitioning to performance. I know that JoeyKim, RockinRose, AustinWhite, OliviaNaked, SuzieQ, Kickaz etc all did at least a few months if not years of regular shows. I remember watching AustinWhite do fuck machine shows lol.

I think, what they did was create an audience and a following and transition their audience into supporting their performance based shows from there.

I was listening to a podcast recently where the take away was "First get the AUDIENCE then SELL THEM THE THING"

Just some thoughts and musings. They might be helpful or not.. but hope the hug at least helps.

Justjoined is trolling you Trixie, pay no mind.

I suggest you check out streamate while you are building a following. Mfc is a really hard site, especially to get started on. Streamate is a private based site that doesn’t require as much of a base of regulars to do well as mfc does. Maybe you’ll love it and do really well there and maybe not, but I think you’ll have a better shot at a stronger start and it’s at least worth a shot before you give up entirely.
No ma'am Jolene, I am not. I am being dead serious.

Now, if you think it is a bad idea, you go right ahead and tell her why; I am sure that your career is one that she would rather try to emulate than mine. But at least for the moment, I am being completely sincere, both about what I have observed and my opinions on the matter.

Count your blessings miss Brody; if the forum admins hadn't deemed me too irresponsible to be trusted with the post ratings feature, you would be getting poo'd right about now...

• Wat?!
Reactions: CharlieCharma
No ma'am Jolene, I am not. I am being dead serious.

Now, if you think it is a bad idea, you go right ahead and tell her why; I am sure that your career is one that she would rather try to emulate than mine. But at least for the moment, I am being completely sincere, both about what I have observed and my opinions on the matter.

Count your blessings miss Brody; if the forum admins hadn't deemed me too irresponsible to be trusted with the post ratings feature, you would be getting poo'd right about now...
Well my mistake, reading your first reply it’s pretty hard for me to imagine you weren’t.

Trixie, do what feels right and good. Crying in order to manipulate pity tippers and white knights isn’t going to make you feel good unless your one of those naturally manipulative people who thrive on drama, and it doesn’t seem like you are. There is a market for everything, but how you feel about what you are doing will greatly impact your longevity.

I just want to send you a really really huge hug girl.

I'm not sure what is making it so tough but if you WANT to cam I would deffinately try a few other sites before you give up

One thing I want to mention is that many of the performance models I see on MFC specifically were 'regular' cam models before transitioning to performance. I know that JoeyKim, RockinRose, AustinWhite, OliviaNaked, SuzieQ, Kickaz etc all did at least a few months if not years of regular shows. I remember watching AustinWhite do fuck machine shows lol.

I think, what they did was create an audience and a following and transition their audience into supporting their performance based shows from there.

I was listening to a podcast recently where the take away was "First get the AUDIENCE then SELL THEM THE THING"

Just some thoughts and musings. They might be helpful or not.. but hope the hug at least helps.

Thank you so much for that, and I felt your virtual hug and it made me feel better. Swear.

Well, I have a very large audience for my work in burlesque but I keep it separate because I am offering more smut based and not too sure how my fans and employers (and family) might react. Though its a shame because I love this and wish I could be more open. I ws hoping to get my room numbers up so I started offering explicit shows in free chat. The majority of tips I receive is from me telling some of my special dedicated fans what Im up to, they created mfc accounts and followed me over and are 95% of my tippers. They know im struggling and trying to help me. I'm afraid to promote to my fanbase because I now offer explicit stuff, so starting over with a new persona is hard.

I did once have an mfc account as Hannah_Hilton more girl next door and it was also hard to get a following. I was doing cum shows in public and all of it so I am familiar with MFC and how hard it can be. I didntmake the most of my cam score and had no idea how to work the site but with this new account I started from scratch with that knowledge and designed my profile created shows and really tried to have a strong start. I worked on it for 2 months before getting online invested in lights new camera, and lots of toys. But it flopped and I'm worse off than I was before.

I tried chaturbate before and streamate before. I reactivated my streamate and got a new chatrubate account today, but Trixie Treats name was taken, so Im now dirty_harlot hahaha.

Just know Im taking all of your advice. have been since my first initial post "Too Professional Looking" here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/too-professional-looking.31720/

I've applied all the advice, had only maybe 3 good nights that didnt end in me logging off in tears. Ultimately this takes time not only to cam but time away from finding bookings, creating content for my burlesque work and the most important, friends and family. Camming takes so much effort and time I'm literally building a persona form ground up... again, and neglecting everything I worked for for years to start this new venture.

I hope it stars getting better. I missed camming when I wasn't now I fear Im not doing what the universe has in store for me. I just dont know. I do long to be able to perform the great ideas I have like the models you mentioned, but I might just have what they call "bad luck"

xo

Well my mistake, reading your first reply it’s pretty hard for me to imagine you weren’t.
All is forgiven, we will just file all this away in the 'bygones' folder and forget all about it. You know I can't stay mad at you.
There is a market for everything, but how you feel about what you are doing will greatly impact your longevity.
If there is one topic I would listen to your advice on, it would have to be longevity. Keep on truckin girl, you still got a few miles left in you.

The model I mentioned that was self trolling with her member account in the lounge while broadcasting a drama show, I would be happy to share her username privately (if it is ok). I saw her do it, I know it got a few folks in her room and people talking, but I have no idea if it paid or not; not going to ask her either, she might respond better to that if another model asks her. Then again, maybe not.

Trixie, do what feels right and good. Crying in order to manipulate pity tippers and white knights isn’t going to make you feel good unless your one of those naturally manipulative people who thrive on drama, and it doesn’t seem like you are. There is a market for everything, but how you feel about what you are doing will greatly impact your longevity.

Definitely not that type. Trying to do what feels right just not too sure what that is. Lost little fishy at the moment.

All is forgiven, we will just file all this away in the 'bygones' folder and forget all about it. You know I can't stay mad at you.

If there is one topic I would listen to your advice on, it would have to be longevity. Keep on truckin girl, you still got a few miles left in you.

The model I mentioned that was self trolling with her member account in the lounge while broadcasting a drama show, I would be happy to share her username privately (if it is ok). I saw her do it, I know it got a few folks in her room and people talking, but I have no idea if it paid or not; not going to ask her either, she might respond better to that if another model asks her. Then again, maybe not.

Thanks for the offer but Im okay, I don't think I want to purposely cry on cam for views. If I cry it will be because it came natural and most likely id log off before that happened as I have been anyways. lol

Crying in order to manipulate pity tippers and white knights
Definitely not that type.
Crying to manipulate...not 'that type'... I'm not saying either one of you is saying anything out of line here, but there are some people in this world that will look for offense in anything, and I just want to head them off if I can so no words get taken out of context.

No shame in it at all. I can't tell you how many times I have enjoyed a good cry show from Popka. There was a young chubby asian girl one afternoon too, she was sitting there bawling, and the tears rolling down her cheeks...I could not tear myself away.

I am not saying it is for everybody, but to the performers who do go there, I just want to thank them for the occasional hour of diversion they have provided me with in the past, often on days otherwise filled with drudgery.

Instead of quitting and going back to school, could you maybe keep doing it part-time and go back to school? If you were to start out in community college, and get the Pell grant, there is a good chance you wouldn't have to take out any loans for a couple of years. You'd essentially be getting paid to go to school, and you could still cam to supplement your income and find the audience you're looking for without as much of a financial burden hanging over your head.

Besides, what's hotter than a college girl?

Hey @Trixie_Treats I'd recommend making a new thread in Models Only. Some of the forum members here just hang around to shitpost, and this is a sensitive enough topic that I'd imagine you are looking for genuine feedback. A lot of us don't like to discuss this sort of thing in depth in the public section.

There are also more MFC threads in Models Only, and in some of the stickied threads, I believe.

I don't have much advice to offer as I'm only on MFC, but streamate doesn't sound like a bad idea. You could always cam on different websites and try MFC again once you are one another site for awhile.
I wish I could give you a hug! I'm sorry things aren't working out right now, but things will get better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy_
Instead of quitting and going back to school, could you maybe keep doing it part-time and go back to school? If you were to start out in community college, and get the Pell grant, there is a good chance you wouldn't have to take out any loans for a couple of years. You'd essentially be getting paid to go to school, and you could still cam to supplement your income and find the audience you're looking for without as much of a financial burden hanging over your head.

Besides, what's hotter than a college girl?

I’m Canadian working on a US green card. I barely have time for life let alone school and cam. I also have no idea what I’d go to school for. I’ve been a sex worker as far as I can remember. I have wracked my brain trying to think and cane to the conclusion I’d much rather enjoy working for myself. I’d love to start a business but first I got to save... so that brings me back to a job... it’s a vicious cycle. Feeling lost is no fun

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Pixie
I don't have much advice to offer as I'm only on MFC, but streamate doesn't sound like a bad idea. You could always cam on different websites and try MFC again once you are one another site for awhile.
I wish I could give you a hug! I'm sorry things aren't working out right now, but things will get better.

Thank you so much love. Means the world.
That's an honestly amazing profile page. I could definitely see you at the center of a retro pinup empire @Trixie_Treats.

I really think you need to give it more time if you want mfc to work for you. I had tons and tons and tons of bad nights on mfc where I l literally made 0 dollars and was on for hours. Two months isn't very long on mfc to build a big following and big $$ imo. I am in no way trying to be mean when I say this but I feel you are expecting it to be really good right off the bat and it's very rare that happens for any cam model so you shouldn't feel bad about it!

I remember you making similar posts when you were Hannah and I really think you either should give it some more time and not be so hard on yourself or maybe try a new site. If going on mfc night after night is making you unhappy you need to make a change. That's why I work on streamate now I actually make money and enjoy myself. Maybe set some realistic smaller goals money wise or following wise or whatever and just try to hit small goals and work up to bigger ones. Then you can try to have something small but positive about your camming sessions. Mfc is silly with camscore and its the only site that has it and I feel its a big part of what is so hard about mfc.

You are beautiful and its not anything you are doing wrong.

I really think you need to give it more time if you want mfc to work for you. I had tons and tons and tons of bad nights on mfc where I l literally made 0 dollars and was on for hours. Two months isn't very long on mfc to build a big following and big $$ imo. I am in no way trying to be mean when I say this but I feel you are expecting it to be really good right off the bat and it's very rare that happens for any cam model so you shouldn't feel bad about it!

I remember you making similar posts when you were Hannah and I really think you either should give it some more time and not be so hard on yourself or maybe try a new site. If going on mfc night after night is making you unhappy you need to make a change. That's why I work on streamate now I actually make money and enjoy myself. Maybe set some realistic smaller goals money wise or following wise or whatever and just try to hit small goals and work up to bigger ones. Then you can try to have something small but positive about your camming sessions. Mfc is silly with camscore and its the only site that has it and I feel its a big part of what is so hard about mfc.

You are beautiful and its not anything you are doing wrong.

Awh. Thank you. I don’t think over never really had very high goals, I lowered my goals and my countdowns, plus tip menu prices. My countdown for topless is only 666. My daily goal is not glamorous at all. I often have days where I also make nothing. I seem to only have 13-20 people in my room most are guests maybe 2 are premiums and it’s often quiet. I’m trying to stick it out but it’s difficult. I don’t know how you gals do it when it gets slow and no one talks. I just pop offline when it’s bad to protect cam score, but I’m not too sure if that’s good or bad.

I’m going to try streamate again I guess, despite not liking it. I find it a bit cold and not very conversational, I do enjoy the MFC comminity. The point of me starting this new profile on MFC was to be able to involve my creativity into camming. I also hope to work from home so I can spend more time with family instead of traveling for work and be able to afford staying home and settle down. A routine would be amazing. The desire is not just for tokens alone.

No doubt, you're a smart, beautiful lady.

It seems to me like there might be a disconnect between what you'd personally like to do on cam vs what members will actually pay you for.

Don't get me wrong, it's insanely important to find something you enjoy doing on cam. However, I think we can mostly agree there isn't too much fun to be had if every night you're not making what you need to. So, you need to keep trying and refining things to strike a balance.

This is combining with what other lovely ladies have said in that patience is needed. Two months is no where near long enough to make a conclusive assessment, especially if you haven't tried other sites.

It took me personally over a year to really refine my own hustle in what works best for me in terms of that balance between enjoyment and money making. There were lots of things I enjoy doing on cam (that even other models were really successful with) that didn't pay well for me... So, it was a matter of figuring out what else I enjoyed that did pay well to maximize both fun and money making.

I'd dive in more but this is a public these and I don't want to get too personal here. I agree this is probably a good post for models only.

Anyway, from what you wrote here, it does sound like SM would be a good fit for you to try next.

Wishing you the best of luck! :)

I peaked in on your afternoon show after seeing this topic. You engage with whit and fun - A+

That's the good. The bad - I know it's not fair, but telling you so you can improve. The lighting - back stage lighting pink sets a mood, front stage lighting leaves you tinted pink and with hot spots. Don't need to go to medical detail, but some front light adjustments might work better for camming. It's an instant join/leave audience that come for the view.

I don't think you're wrong in your approach. Personally I love tease - I was vastly outvoted in the last oil show/cum show poll. It's hard to find what the audience appreciates: you have experts at your disposal - on the model side.

Status
Not open for further replies.