AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About to give up.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Should I quit MFC?

• Yes. You suck as a model go back to school.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No, keep trying!

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Try Chaturbate

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Try Streamate

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Try Camversity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try Nood.tv

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been on streammate but I do plan to use it as my backup if I ever need to stay afloat on MFC. And Mika is right. MFC is a finicky site. Some strike up all the luck and they soar to the top and others struggle to pull themselves up. But I don't think I've seen a model yet, whether successful or not, not change their Hussle over time. If the exact thing you want to do isn't pulling everyone in then continue to tweak things here and there. All it takes is one or two big tippers to give you the boost you need to start gaining traction. I know it's hard to be patient when you've put so much of yourself into something just to have it not pick up quickly. And when you can't pull in money you need to survive, it makes it that much more difficult to put on a smile on cam. I know you said you dislike streammate for you but look at it this way, if you are pulling good money in at least somewhere then not making money on MFC will not be as stressful.

It's not a garunteed successful tactic Everytime by any means but just pushing through the slow times now can be very rewarding in the end. If you use streammate for your income now you won't have to worry about money not coming in resulting in you being less stressed when you are not making money on MFC. There were a few models I looked up to who's advice about how to start out were practically useless to me because I needed to be making money right away and when they started it was "just for fun and company" Basically camming started as a just for fun thing so they didnt care about camscore or if they even made money and members ate up the idea of this hot chick being there to just make friends. Obviously this doesn't completely work for you either with the show type you want to do. Maybe knowing you can be successful on another site when MFC is slow will help you be able to take the time to gradually figure out what works for you on MFC and gain some regulars without it resulting in you logging off in tears.

I know it's tough now so Im sending lots of hugs but my fingers are crossed that all the good luck lands in your lap to help your hard work pay off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy_
QUOTE="DFT, post: 956430, member: 27170"]I peaked in on your afternoon show after seeing this topic. You engage with whit and fun - A+

That's the good. The bad - I know it's not fair, but telling you so you can improve. The lighting - back stage lighting pink sets a mood, front stage lighting leaves you tinted pink and with hot spots. Don't need to go to medical detail, but some front light adjustments might work better for camming. It's an instant join/leave audience that come for the view.

I don't think you're wrong in your approach. Personally I love tease - I was vastly outvoted in the last oil show/cum show poll. It's hard to find what the audience appreciates: you have experts at your disposal - on the model side.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I have a ring light in front of me. It’s not pink, I had white lights on my body but colored lights behind me to light up a boring white wall but otherwise my face and body are lit with a white light from a ring light. I thought ok the pic below before going online yesterday.... not too sure what you mean. Is it because there’s nothing in the background but lights? Are you suggesting more of a home setting? I actually tried that and hated it. I like to move around plus I like to swing in my aerial hoop that’s behind me in the pic.

7E3C4FBE-7810-412A-AFB9-E1E866034DCE.jpeg

I've never been on streammate but I do plan to use it as my backup if I ever need to stay afloat on MFC. And Mika is right. MFC is a finicky site. Some strike up all the luck and they soar to the top and others struggle to pull themselves up. But I don't think I've seen a model yet, whether successful or not, not change their Hussle over time. If the exact thing you want to do isn't pulling everyone in then continue to tweak things here and there. All it takes is one or two big tippers to give you the boost you need to start gaining traction. I know it's hard to be patient when you've put so much of yourself into something just to have it not pick up quickly. And when you can't pull in money you need to survive, it makes it that much more difficult to put on a smile on cam. I know you said you dislike streammate for you but look at it this way, if you are pulling good money in at least somewhere then not making money on MFC will not be as stressful.

It's not a garunteed successful tactic Everytime by any means but just pushing through the slow times now can be very rewarding in the end. If you use streammate for your income now you won't have to worry about money not coming in resulting in you being less stressed when you are not making money on MFC. There were a few models I looked up to who's advice about how to start out were practically useless to me because I needed to be making money right away and when they started it was "just for fun and company" Basically camming started as a just for fun thing so they didnt care about camscore or if they even made money and members ate up the idea of this hot chick being there to just make friends. Obviously this doesn't completely work for you either with the show type you want to do. Maybe knowing you can be successful on another site when MFC is slow will help you be able to take the time to gradually figure out what works for you on MFC and gain some regulars without it resulting in you logging off in tears.

I know it's tough now so Im sending lots of hugs but my fingers are crossed that all the good luck lands in your lap to help your hard work pay off.

Thank you so much for the encouragement and good advice. Trying to wrap my head around how to juggle my time on both sites now. I barely have time for one. Is it just a matter of popping over to SM when MFC is slow? Or do I stick to my schedule on MFC and add more on SM. I fear I’ll burn out more than I already am

Hmmm I have a ring light in front of me. It’s not pink, I had white lights on my body but colored lights behind me to light up a boring white wall but otherwise my face and body are lit with a white light from a ring light.

Hated to comment on your lights after reading you'd invested in them. Interesting, is that pic without aid of a flash? That's ideal, nice setting mood colors with natural skin tones. The video wasn't showing those tonal qualities.

Count me in as another who'd give you a literal hug if I could, and to show you it would be meant I'd not grope you (unless you're in to that in which case...). I honestly don't believe the problem is you but rather mfc members. Maybe we're not as many as we were a year ago, I don't know. Everything about you, as far as I'm concerned, is spot on. You have a great mfc profile page, you advertise via twitter, you are stunningly gorgeous, wonderful personality, playful as all hell; maybe I'm blind to any shortcomings other have seen in you but I truly haven't seen any. I know it has to be frustrating...but wow am I pulling for you.

• Hugs
Thank you so much for the encouragement and good advice. Trying to wrap my head around how to juggle my time on both sites now. I barely have time for one. Is it just a matter of popping over to SM when MFC is slow? Or do I stick to my schedule on MFC and add more on SM. I fear I’ll burn out more than I already am

Definitely keep you MFC schedule the best you can because that's how you'll find regulars that will be on when you normally are on. That is unless you want to test out different time slots. Now I've never attempted to juggle two sites so I'm hoping someone with more experience will jump in but my advice would be stick to your MFC schedule as best you can and when it does get too difficult to stay on hop on sm for a bit. You can even just use it for a bit then jump back over to MFC a little later to see if it's more active.

I say make a C4S store and make clips to supplement your income. C4S has the best traffic - compared to any other site and if you wanted you could make a Domme store on IWC and make a seperate femdom studio on C4S if you like it. I love filming/creating content and haven't live streamed in 3 years pretty much. I take NF calls (I love Niteflirt and would recommend it 100 times over) seriously read the NiteFlirt Thread here and the C4S chit chat and honestly try it. You can look at the general goal thread and my income is posted and I do not live cam AT all.

Hated to comment on your lights after reading you'd invested in them. Interesting, is that pic without aid of a flash? That's ideal, nice setting mood colors with natural skin tones. The video wasn't showing those tonal qualities.

So weird. Yeah the photo was no flash. just with my phone, not my webcam though. hmm... ill work on it some more I guess today.

Reactions: DFT
I say make a C4S store and make clips to supplement your income. C4S has the best traffic - compared to any other site and if you wanted you could make a Domme store on IWC and make a seperate femdom studio on C4S if you like it. I love filming/creating content and haven't live streamed in 3 years pretty much. I take NF calls (I love Niteflirt and would recommend it 100 times over) seriously read the NiteFlirt Thread here and the C4S chit chat and honestly try it. You can look at the general goal thread and my income is posted and I do not live cam AT all.
I second this. I wanted to cam last night but couldn't. Still made 40$ in clip sales over night. So it's a great thing to have.

Hey- I've been at it for about 2 months as well now, but on Chaturbate. I've had mixed success, but I've had plenty of days & nights biting nails wondering if I'm wasting time and doubting my abilities.

Be confident. Have faith in yourself. Be patient, and while hard, try and drive yourself even harder on slow/dull nights. I highly suggest trying Chaturbate or Streammate, MFC seems to be kind of difficult for new cammers. :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy_ and Lua Moon

I'm a one-site girl, but from what I've heard from girls who split between MFC and SM, they do two short shifts back to back, so 2-3 hours on one site, a quick break for a snack and a bathroom trip if needed then 2-3 hours on the other site. Which you do first is up to you. You can do SM first, hit your goal, then switch to MFC so you can have fun without stressing about money. Or you can do MFC first, have fun and chill then switch to SM and focus on the money now that you've got your social time fix. Both are good approaches.

So weird. Yeah the photo was no flash. just with my phone, not my webcam though. hmm... ill work on it some more I guess today.

I have yet to catch you while online so just going off of posts here but it may be your webcam settings. Do you check your preview before logging on? Do you use Logitech? If it's a Logitech camera you might need to adjust a few settings.

I always have to switch off auto focus, turn off white balance and readjust it. By what is decrived above, it sounds like your saturation might be up too high.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I remember you as Hannah Hilton, and I briefly saw you on as Trixie but didn't make it into your room. You are a beautiful woman and you have experience as a sex worker, so I don't know of any logical reason you should be doing reasonably well as an MFC, but logic is only one factor at being successful As I've said before of the at 1200+models on nowadays, at least 500 have camscore under 500.
The majority of rooms have <20 members of which normally there would only be 3-6 premiums. I believe JoBobBerry calculated the average room count is about 13.

Instead, of looking at the top models spend an hour or two as a guest looking at the below 1000 camscore model. I believe you'll find that most are conventionally attractive women, struggling with the same issues you are facing. Very few people in their room, a handful of premiums and almost no tippers. Are you better looking than most of the women?, yes but not all. Do some of them seem bored, grumpy, hardly speak,yes, yes and yes. But I guarantee if you look at 50 or so you'll find at least 1/2 dozen to a dozen, they'll you shake your head and say, I don't get why these girls don't have much higher camscores.

There is a simple answer, by the time the guy has scrolled down to the find these girls, he has passed by hundreds of beautiful and in many cases stunningly gorgeous women. Most of understand this isn't a dating site and we are here for a quick masturbation or maybe some entertaining show, or perhaps some a conversation. So we just never see you.

If it wasn't for ACF, there is no way I'd ever see whatever great stuff you do, and there aren't that many guys on ACF. Because realistic if you don't make it into top 10 or 20 most popular rooms guys like me aren't going to find you. If you know some top 100 models doing a girl-girl show with them is one of getting discovered. I know I've probably discovered the vast majority of new models by first seeing them in a girl girl show with a popular model.

As far as making it on your own. You given MFC two very good efforts, maybe the 3rd time will be your breakthrough, but realistically look at other options is my $.02

I have yet to catch you while online so just going off of posts here but it may be your webcam settings. Do you check your preview before logging on? Do you use Logitech? If it's a Logitech camera you might need to adjust a few settings.

I always have to switch off auto focus, turn off white balance and readjust it. By what is decrived above, it sounds like your saturation might be up too high.

I use webcam settings. I have colored lights in the background that might cast a hue but I have a warm ring light in front of me. First I'm hearing that I look pink. But I adjust all the time. There's loads of screen grab gifs on twitter that look fine to me. I dunno?

I'm a one-site girl, but from what I've heard from girls who split between MFC and SM, they do two short shifts back to back, so 2-3 hours on one site, a quick break for a snack and a bathroom trip if needed then 2-3 hours on the other site. Which you do first is up to you. You can do SM first, hit your goal, then switch to MFC so you can have fun without stressing about money. Or you can do MFC first, have fun and chill then switch to SM and focus on the money now that you've got your social time fix. Both are good approaches.

I recently tried streamate and caught no fishes. But I went to chaturbate yesterday and it was much better. Going to try chaturbate 3pm - 6pm make dinner then pop on MFC for 10pm - 1am est. Hope this works for me. I love camming when people are chatty, chaturbate they were very nice and talkative. Gonna keep sticking it out.

I recently tried streamate and caught no fishes. But I went to chaturbate yesterday and it was much better. Going to try chaturbate 3pm - 6pm make dinner then pop on MFC for 10pm - 1am est. Hope this works for me. I love camming when people are chatty, chaturbate they were very nice and talkative. Gonna keep sticking it out.

Awesome to hear that! I hope it goes well for you you're really putting the work in and you totally deserve it.

I use webcam settings. I have colored lights in the background that might cast a hue but I have a warm ring light in front of me. First I'm hearing that I look pink. But I adjust all the time. There's loads of screen grab gifs on twitter that look fine to me. I dunno?

Like I said, I haven't caught you live yet but knowing when you'll be on tonight I'll pop over before I log online and see how your feed looks (we cam the same times it seems lol this explains why I haven't seen you!). It may very well have just been DFT's settings on which ever device he viewed you on so that's less to worry about. I always find my settings look over saturaturated when I check my own feed from my phone but looks great on the computer *shrugs*

I'm not a model.

Most people don't get off work till 4-5 pm EST. And people on the west cost are getting off work around 8pm EST.
If I had to guess, 5pm to 9pm EST is probable peek hours.

Most people don't get off work till 4-5 pm EST. And people on the west cost are getting off work around 8pm EST.

There're audiences in different time zones though. I'm on during the day GMT so I don't get a lot of Americans but I do get people from the UK, from mainland Europe, from Australia just before they head to bed. Also, a surprising amount of people are on camsites while at work.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Like I said, I haven't caught you live yet but knowing when you'll be on tonight I'll pop over before I log online and see how your feed looks (we cam the same times it seems lol this explains why I haven't seen you!). It may very well have just been DFT's settings on which ever device he viewed you on so that's less to worry about. I always find my settings look over saturaturated when I check my own feed from my phone but looks great on the computer *shrugs*

Yeah that happens sometimes. I didnt go t MFC tried Chaturbate again since I have the new model tag, but it was so awful. I just cant seem to catch a damn break. One thing I will say however is Chaturbate has great image quality. Widescreen and super clear.

Yeah that happens sometimes. I didnt go t MFC tried Chaturbate again since I have the new model tag, but it was so awful. I just cant seem to catch a damn break. One thing I will say however is Chaturbate has great image quality. Widescreen and super clear.

Yeah cuaturbate has true HD. MFC is working to achieve the best of both worlds by implementing OBS but it's still a work in progress.

I'm sorry you re still having a hard time *hugs* I truly hope it picks up. I'm sure what everyone calls "the summer slump" is partially to blame. It honestly feels like less members are around in the summer.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Yeah cuaturbate has true HD. MFC is working to achieve the best of both worlds by implementing OBS but it's still a work in progress.

I'm sorry you re still having a hard time *hugs* I truly hope it picks up. I'm sure what everyone calls "the summer slump" is partially to blame. It honestly feels like less members are around in the summer.

Good to hear! Thanks for your insights and encouragement :h:

You just started chaturbate right? Again id say give it more time to build a following / $$$ flow. It really doesn't happen over night. Took me quite some time to get to steady $ on streamate and I still have $0 days. Cb and mfc never worked for me. Don't be so hard on yourself and just keep trying!#

Reactions: Alyssa Taylor
Honestly I think if you're to quit anything you should start by quitting being so hard on yourself! You've been camming on this persona for two months and you have a 2k camscore! You're doing well! Only you know what financial gains you feel you need to make sex work worth the effort, but 2k camscore is great by most people's standards! It's definitely a great start to build on.

Camming can be lucrative, but it's not always an easy gig and only so many make as much or more as other forms of sex work. You're a type, and that's going to make it that bit harder to find your audience. It must be frustrating having 20 people in your room when you see others with hundreds, but even some models with high camscores don't get many people in their rooms. It must also be frustrating being experienced in sex work and used to earning a certain amount to hen going to being completely underappreciated. In ways your experience does not do you favours in the sense that you expect more straight off, while your average camgirl who's never done sex work before would be thrilled at the earnings you're bringing in. You know your value and it's fair enough to expect to be valued.
But... As has been brought up, there is a lot of trial and error in the sense that you need to be selling what people will pay for and at prices your clientele are willing to pay. Top off for 666 might seem small, but it's higher than I set my initial countdowns for (at present), and my camscore is twice yours, I have an ok fanbase and much higher room numbers, which means it's more likely the tips will be dispersed and that countdowns won't fall on one tipper or look intimidating. I always work my countdowns into what I believe will allow them to be achieved fairly easily. If there are lots of tippers I might raise the next countdown, and if there are none I'll lower it. The other day I even set an insanely low countdown for some teasing which ended up completely turning my night around. A mistake I made when I first started camming was setting too high countdowns, if they looked high people were less likely to even start trying to tip for them. Possibly look at models around your camscore and a bit higher/lower and see what their countdowns are and whether they're being tipped for them. Better to earn a bit less for your countdowns and still make your countdowns. This opinion isn't going to be everyone's opinion, and listening to me is like reading "the lazy girl's guide to being a camgirl", because fuck man, I'm a god awful camgirl when it comes to consistency and hard work. But I'm a great camgirl when it comes to maximum profits and exposure for minimum effort.

I don't think you're doing anything technically wrong, having watched you a few times and having brought a few members in to check you out I think you're friendly, fun and run an entertaining room. You're also hot and impeccably dressed. Theoretically there's no reason you shouldn't do well. I imagine the reasons you're not doing as well as you could are pretty subtle, and to understand those you'd have to work out what it is members on MFC are looking for. It may be something to do with struggling to move from a very jazzed up performance type burlesque show where the thrill is that you're unattainable, to a more intimate "I'm a real attainable girl who also does burlesque", that's not simply about being friendly, because friendliness doesn't always equate to being real or unprofessional. You clearly genuinely love the show performance, and with that you seem pretty happy and buzzing on cam. What I didn't necessarily get from you was that you were highly interested in the member's in your room beyond being friendly and interactive and wanting to put on a performance for them. I am not a member who's visiting you often so this may not be the case, but for those who might drop in they could get this impression. These are basically just guesses, like I said, whatever it is that's preventing those tipping members is subtle.

I wonder if you find the balance between being the real attainable girl and a kick ass dancer and performer if you'll start building a stronger fanbase. This will take time though, it may also take you relaxing a bit on cam and not putting quite so much effort in. I know that sounds totally counter intuitive, but you've clearly been stressing about this for a while and have put a lot of effort in! You're actually doing great, so remember to relax! It may come out in your performance if you're stressed and tense or feeling disheartened. While camming is a job, it's free time to unwind and de-stress for your viewers. Relax, we all started where you are now. You're not failing. I know it's hard, and most of us have been there with wanting to cry (or literally crying) when you get off cam. Try out some other camsites and see if they work for you in bringing extra income in while taking the pressure off MFC, but if you like MFC keep going :)

Sorry, edit to add: Have you considered doing anything fetish related? With the whole burlesque style you could be pretty good at dom stuff. I have zero experience with this, or with how lucrative it is. But might be worth looking into? MFC is a sex site at the end of the day, not a performance site. While some models manage to build a name on performances, they are often selling some form of sex or girlfriend experience. As a niche model, it could be worth bringing some kink into your brand.

2K cam score is amazing I didn't even know you were at that!!! The median camscore is 500. So you should really be happy with the progress many girls don't even get that camscore. I never did. My highest was my 1000 when I started.

I stayed at 2k for a long while. I was always happy that I didn't drop below 1000 and I yo-yoed a lot before getting good regs. And even now I average only about 16 people in my room with 2-5 being regs depending on the night and that's at my current camscore. Adding this to hopefully make you feel a bit better and show you the reality of MFC. I only get an influx of people when something sexy is going and they all run the moment it's over lol.

The real reason I want to make this post is because Isabellasnow reminded me of what I had to do when i first started. Yeah I told you about the lowering of counts but I completely forgot about my fear of not completing them. Everytime I felt like I was pulling teeth so if I felt like I couldn't handle not completing one I wouldn't do one. I would make up a game and just have the prizes be different types small teases to make them want more. My favorite that still works best in my room is having a board clear night to a show. Something about members being able to see the actual progress before their eyes, even with tipping a small number, just added to the excitement for the room as a whole.

I know this does not necessarily fit your style but maybe you can create something that does. Even like a sexy laid back kinda casino night maybe? With card games and no count to show? Just give little tastes of what you're cable of and save a count for another night to give yourself a break.

Another thing MFC seems to run on is competition. Not just models competing with low prices and trying to get top MFC but members seem to really like rooms where they can gamble in the sense of getting something great or small or even competeing against one another in games.
You've been there before so I'm sorry if this is not news to you. Lol I honestly felt silly that I'd forgotten about how little I cared for count downs when I star

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I'm not a model.

You would think so, and yet.... My most profitable shift without fail is 2am-8am CST. I catch the horny-coming-home-from-bar crowd, the quick-wank-before-work crowd, and overseas folks all at once.

I like @Mara_Jayne's post about doing games and teases to keep you invested and making sure you never leave countdowns incomplete.
MFC is such a different place now (for me at least) to what it was 5/6 years ago. I used to never do spanks or flashes, just video sales and countdowns for clothes off and shows. While I did do some privates back then they were much shorter and weren't where most of my income lay. Now I put countdown's on but people pretty much only tip for flashes, teases, videos which is what makes the count go down, and I make half of my income at least from longer private shows. I rarely get anyone tipping for the countdown itself until it's a few hundred tokens away from being completed. It really does seem to be all about the instant gratification and getting the most for the tokens, and a lot of tippers don't seem to resent the idea of funding freeloaders sexual experience. Not that they've ever liked funding that, but I get the sense that tippers are more fed up with it. I think it also makes it hard for new models because you can't rely on the "just because" tips from loyal regulars. Back in the day it was common for a new member to come in and drop 1000+ tokens in a session for countdowns, now that might happen in a private show but it's not been a common occasion. The majority of my tokens come from members who I've known for a long while, and new tippers seem to take longer to jump in with the tips. Maybe the economy? Maybe just how MFC is rolling nowadays. This could just be me though, my vibe has changed a bit. But I have heard similar stories from other models and members that MFC has changed a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.