AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cosplay on cam: opinions and suggestions!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2018
Chaturbate Username
Gingerenchantress
Hello there darlings, I'm a pretty new Camgirl on chaturbate. I've done my shows mostly in what I usually wear at home, but I had a particular idea: "What about webcamming in cosplay?". Sincerely I've got no idea about how such a thing could be perceived, if it would be a turn on or something particularly boring.
This is why I decided to make a thread here, asking real people what their opinions about it was instead of reaching on Google.
So, long story short, would it be hot? Would it be not?
And after it all, what kind of cosplay would fit better for a show? Which character? 'Cause I've cosplayed a lot, but I don't if what I have wardrobe would turn people on.
Talk nerd to me, I love it ;)

Reactions: Dan N
I'm one who finds some cosplay to be fun, and could be very hot if done right. As to what's "right", that's a little subjective and varies person to person. I'm one who likes the tease, the flirtiness that's done and builds up to something more. There's a few models who do cosplay very well.

As to characters, I say do whatever you enjoy, as that'll feed into the people who watch you and turn into tips. If you do some videos, you can sell, that might help as well.

What kind of characters have you done? Are they as close to the actual, or have you done some things to make them your own?

Reactions: Gingerenchantress
That's a good suggestion indeed, and it's nice having another point of view when looking for my own, even if those are pretty subjective things, so thank you ForceTen!

I think that that part is hardest one: I wonder if the character I like and wear is pleasant and known, and if I should move to something more widespread. And then, from my geeky point of view, I've got my big bad list of what may be more loved, but what about the "general audience"?

Many of my cosplays are pretty close to the actual, as close as possible, and those ( that I have available atm) that I've done are mostly anime related:
•Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
•Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)
•Nami (One Piece)
•2b (NieR: Automata)
•Fem!Rufy (One Piece)

There's one that I've created myself, which is a Sith Lady inspired by the Old Republic style.
And I'm working on an original Jedi, or an one or Bastila Shan.

And here my list ends; the one that I fit the best, at least for what I've been told and know, is Rangiku, 'cause our physique is similar.
Finding something else, something that may result appealing, is what I aim to but, unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. ^^"

I'm also looking for a new character, or a few, to work on with the sole purpose to bring them on cam, big chested characters preferably :p

Cosplay is something that, wierdly, turns me on, with its implications and particularity, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one on CB, Ty chocobabecr!

@Gingerenchantress unfortunately, I'm not familiar with most of them as I am not a big anime person. I enjoy seeing it, and the characters. But, I don't follow it. Would be interested in seeing them though. :)

I think you have a lot of good ideas, and potential on making some. While possibly at the risk of being boring/overdone, the classic characters of Marvel, DC and even movie fanfare can be a big hit since more people would most likely recognize the characters.

Go look at the best selling stuff on Manyvids.

Cosplay models are HUGGGEEEEEEEEEE

if you've got the stuff to do it on cam, absolutely do it!! Worst case.. you figure out its too much effort for $$$ but I feel like its a pretty lucrative niche

It definitely doesn't hurt to try. Some of your viewers will love it, some will hate it, and some will be neutral. If you have social media accounts maybe do a poll to see if there is interest, or create some teaser videos in your favorite cosplay outfit and post it for sale and see what happens. Ultimately, if you are enjoying yourself you will be able to find viewers who are loving what you are doing.

There is a lot of Dva, Sombra, Tracer from overwatch. Some people are starting to do Fornite; because it's like the most popular game right now. When fallout was big, people were doing that. 2b still has a fallowing.

It seems like cat girls, maids, elfs, succubus don't really go out of style.

Some Red Head options, Soryu from Neon Genesis. Yoko from Gurren Lagann. A-ko from A-ko.

Other strong female leads: Asuna from Sword art online, Motoko Kusanagi from ghost in the shell, rose quartz steven universe, Princess Yona from Yona of the Dawn, adult vertion of Llenn from Gun Gale Online.

I think that that part is hardest one: I wonder if the character I like and wear is pleasant and known, and if I should move to something more widespread. And then, from my geeky point of view, I've got my big bad list of what may be more loved, but what about the "general audience"?

Many of my cosplays are pretty close to the actual, as close as possible, and those ( that I have available atm) that I've done are mostly anime related:
•Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
•Nami (One Piece)
•Fem!Rufy (One Piece)

Bleach and One Piece are pretty well-known anime, they shouldn't be too obscure for people to get.

@ForceTen Bleach is wonderful, but short, with a great story and some fan service. One piece is enormous, still going, complete and sometimes dead serious while other moments are completely ridiculous, but the story is spectacular.
Anima talk left behind, I agree about the fact that picking up something from the DC/Marvel universes would be far more recognisable, but beside the two Black Widow (Marvel) and Harley Quinn (DC) I don't know which character would be known and would result pleasing. :)

@Booty_4U Aww, thanks for the support about it, you're so sweet! :joyful:

@Miss_Lollipop That's a good suggestion indeed! And a lot of support, which is also what I was looking for and I'm glad to be able to receive that too, on this forum. :kiss:
Creating cosplay can become expensive, without any doubt, but I'm convinced to use the ones that I already own, at least for the starting point, but I still wanted to find my next character, with a more camming orientated point of view.

@BreeGranger Those are great ideas about testing how such an introduction in my show would be perceived and if it could be a success choice. I have to admit that I haven't thought about a teaser, but it's a marvelous idea, and placing it for sale would be a perfect test. :cat:
I'd love to turn my show in a cosplay focused one, but eventually - at least for the starting period - I'd alternate 'regular' shows with cosplay ones. Thank you for all ideas!

@Lelo1 Isn't this one a great list of potential cosplay? Thank you, thank you a lot! I don't know many of then, but I'll do my research. :happy:
I was thinking about one of those general cosplays too, and I think that I'll create one... eventually. Thank your immensely for the Red Head options, I'll surely ponder about those!
Sincerely, Motoko Kusanagi is already in my list, but picking something else too won't hurt, I'm sure that my wardrobe will be full of cosplays soon.

@SaffronBurke
I know, and I love them a lot, but many consider them pretty obscure (mostly bleach), and that held me back a bit. Thank you for the support! :shame:

Thanks, I'll have to do some looking into the different ones you and others have mentioned. Maybe I'll have a little better idea of who you, or others, are when I go into a room. ;)

As to Marvel/DC, I'd say you'd be welcome to do many of the more popular ones. Marvel: Jean Grey/Phoenix, Elektra, Rogue, Mary Jane (Spiderman) are ones that quickly come to mind. DC could be Batgirl, Poison Ivy are two that come to mind as redheads. There's always ones where you could do a female version of Thor (I've seen a few women do this, and OH MY!!!) and other popular male characters from different comic realms (marvel, dc, others).

I'll be one to say that I'd love to see someone do a cosplay of Elvira as we get closer to Halloween.

Honestly slutty elf, kitten, extra is probable the cheapest to pull off.

Some of the Forenite Looks very kind of cheap and easy pull off.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yoko from Gurren Lagann seems like it would be on the easy end of anime cosplay.
maxresdefault.jpg

In the sense that most of the items could be off the shelf items.

Here one example of a Yoko outfit
https://carboncostume.com/yoko-littner/
Though that top is probable not the best for camming.

@ForceTen Well, knowing enhances the pleasure, in that case :p
Mary Jane is a cosplay that I'd love to do, eventually, and she'd be a hot character for a show. Lots of ideas are coming up in my mind!
Poison Ivy well realized is pretty hard, speaking of make up, but it'd be hot af... gosh I've got a big bad crush on her. For a female version of other toons I'd love Thor too, or even Loki but I don't know if it'd be a turn on or a turn off!

Elvira, yaaahs, I love her and I already have the perfect dress for her... the wig would be a challenge, but a fun one! Add Elvira to my list! :inlove:

@Lelo1 Those are cheap indeed, as the nekomaid would be, but they produce less excitement... at least in my opinion.
Fortnite cosplays seem to be very easy to create, but let me say that I'm already in love with that Yuko and her outfit, sign me up for that! :mm:
You're full of ideas, thank you for paying attention to my thread! :h:

@ForceTen Well, knowing enhances the pleasure, in that case :p
Mary Jane is a cosplay that I'd love to do, eventually, and she'd be a hot character for a show. Lots of ideas are coming up in my mind!
Poison Ivy well realized is pretty hard, speaking of make up, but it'd be hot af... gosh I've got a big bad crush on her. For a female version of other toons I'd love Thor too, or even Loki but I don't know if it'd be a turn on or a turn off!

Elvira, yaaahs, I love her and I already have the perfect dress for her... the wig would be a challenge, but a fun one! Add Elvira to my list! :inlove:

I've had a crush on Mary Jane for years, and seeing some of the cosplay out there just... Well, yeah. What was that about knowing enhancing the pleasure? :inlove::devil:

24d.jpg

Female versions of Thor and Loki, or other male characters, IMO it's all in how it's presented. Hell, if done right, I'd find someone hot if she's wearing a burlap sack. :devil:

And Elvira... Dear gods, if you do it umm... Yeah.

I need to find my way to Comic Con one of these days. Been years since I attended GenCon.

•Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
•Nami (One Piece)
•Fem!Rufy (One Piece)

There's one that I've created myself, which is a Sith Lady inspired by the Old Republic style.
And I'm working on an original Jedi, or an one or Bastila Shan.

And here my list ends; the one that I fit the best, at least for what I've been told and know, is Rangiku, 'cause our physique is similar.
Finding something else, something that may result appealing, is what I aim to but, unfortunately, I'm out of ideas. ^^"

I'm also looking for a new character, or a few, to work on with the sole purpose to bring them on cam, big chested characters preferably :p

Cosplay is something that, wierdly, turns me on, with its implications and particularity, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one on CB, Ty chocobabecr!

I LOVE the Rangiku Mastumoto idea, and Bleach should bee fairly widely recognized. There are so many big chested female anime characters that I'm having a hard time thinking of a specific one! >_< I'll comment again if I think of some!

Poison Ivy might not be so bad with a green unitard/bodysuit you can paint over and/or attach fake ivy to. Just thinking it would cut down on the amount of body paint needed... though working up to a more body painted Poison Ivy would be a fun adventure, too!

A slight tangent, but related enough I feel like it doesn't deserve its own thread: What about special effects makeup while camming or in videos--would that be too much since it's more on the gross or gory side of things? I would definitely do more than fake bruises so that it's clearly on purpose (don't need people questioning if I'm battered), like a vampire or mean, someone somewhere's gotta be interested in Zombie masturbation, right?? I guess I'm just worried about it being declared "obscene"

someone somewhere's gotta be interested in Zombie masturbation, right??

*reminisces fondly about @JoleneBrody's FrankenHooker video*

Oh, yeah. If you can SFX it, people are into it. Rule 34, my friend, Rule 34.

If it is something you would find fun and might bring more joy from your stream, do it! It's important to keep the show as fun for yourself as it is your viewers so you don't bore yourself out.
Personally, I love the idea. I've thought about it myself, but I've got zero experience with cosplay, and I don't really know many "sexy" or appealing anime girls that I love enough to go out and copy... For example, I love Ergo Proxy. I don't know if anyone would want that in a show though. . .
> 3 > I should watch more anime.

@ForceTen Aaaaw, I think I may consider her as one of my next cosplays, she shouldn't be that hard to pull off since I think that I already have the perfect wig.
Those two would be slightly more complicated cosplays, but I'd love to wear a female version of Loki with the helmet and the sceptre... :devil:

Elvira is something I'll do for sure! And the Halloween period will bring lots ot different cosplays besides that, but Elvira is a must! :inlove:

@LunaJayde Matsumoto is one of my favourite characters, and I've tested her once in a private show and it's been super fun: she's flirty, delightful, and I love playing with the katana on cam... It's delightful!

I think that a version of Poison Ivy, made with lots of body painting and ivy leaves attached here and there with some lashes glue would be great to make a show with, 'cause I'd be particularly in character even if totally naked, and not just wearing a wig with some make up on. At least is how I see it :p

Vampire or Zombie on cam sounds absolutely original and, let me say, hot af. I've had my experiences with bruises/zombie make up at least once, when I've done my realistic Corpse Bride, so it wouldn't be that hard to pull off... a bit expensive, but I'd love to do that around the Halloween period anyways, so why not! Nothing obscene about it :blush:

@SaffronBurke I'm far more convinced now xD Ty darling ♥️

@aurakittyn Cosplaying is something that I've been doing even before started camming, and I've always enjoyed that immensely! Added to that I've always loved hentai, and fandom related dounjinshis, so the idea came up to me like a wonderful turn on. :h:
Speaking of sexy outfits and characters there's a lot indeed, some easier and some harder to pull off (like Kill la Kill), but there's a bunch indeed.
Ergo Proxy would be a pleasure to see on cam, at least in my opinion.

I like cosplay too but I think it should be something very occasional in cam activity, can't become a fixed style or wouldn't be attractive anymore. I mean the first time member would probably wonder, but then the thing could become even boring.
I also think that only (or almost only) the members that can recognize the character will really appreciate a specific cosplay, so it would be better pointing on famous characters. Still I'm not too much convinced for paying money to buy outfits I would use few times and I can't know in advance if they will be recognized and appreciated by members. Actually I prefer to wear costumes and uniforms instead, much easier for fulfilling niches of the most of members.

@Gingerenchantress You make an excellent point about Poison Ivy with body paint helping get into character more. Plus, body painting is way more fun! (unless you're allergic, of course :inpain:)

Your Matsumoto sounds perfect :inlove:

@SaffronBurke haha how could I forget rule 34?!

Thank you both for the encouragement, I'm gonna hop on that shit!

@OliSunny You make a good point, I'm thinking about doing SFX more periodically-- 1 a month or 1 a week (once I'm doing more shows a week). I do think doing it every show and/or video would be a little much and could turn into a trope unless you have a LOT of varying ideas and want to stay really niche, neither of which apply to me lol. As far as appreciation of cosplay goes, though, I think there's a fair chance that people who are looking for anime camgirls are going to know a wide variety of anime shows (for one, most animes don't last NEARLY as long as American TV shows do), or at least recognize the name of a character or show in the topic. Will they "truly" appreciate it? Maybe not, but that doesn't really matter as long as they appreciate it enough to tip, etc. I do think it makes more sense if you already enjoy cosplay or SFX as a hobby (and therefore would already be investing money into it), and are able to be crafty/frugal with outfits, because it can get very expensive.

Nice thread! I love cosplays, even though I haven't done it a lot myself. But I love going to anime conventions and see people's photoshoots :h:

I have a maid outfit (you know, the typical Japanese anime style), I was wondering if it would be a good idea or not to wear it during a show. Since there are many pieces of clothings, I thought it could make a nice striptease!

Nice thread! I love cosplays, even though I haven't done it a lot myself. But I love going to anime conventions and see people's photoshoots :h:

I have a maid outfit (you know, the typical Japanese anime style), I was wondering if it would be a good idea or not to wear it during a show. Since there are many pieces of clothings, I thought it could make a nice striptease!

I would say give it a go. Can't go wrong with a good striptease. :)

There is a lot of Dva, Sombra, Tracer from overwatch. Some people are starting to do Fornite; because it's like the most popular game right now. When fallout was big, people were doing that. 2b still has a fallowing.

It seems like cat girls, maids, elfs, succubus don't really go out of style.

Some Red Head options, Soryu from Neon Genesis. Yoko from Gurren Lagann. A-ko from A-ko.

Other strong female leads: Asuna from Sword art online, Motoko Kusanagi from ghost in the shell, rose quartz steven universe, Princess Yona from Yona of the Dawn, adult vertion of Llenn from Gun Gale Online.

Yoooo! Fallout may be in for cosplay trend again after November 14 with the release of Fallout 76. I cannot wait!!

Also I’m a big fan of 2B. I was planing to do her early in the year, maybe I finally do it now. I love to see other girls doing video game characters :)

I've thought a lot about doing cosplay too, I just don't really have an characters that stand out to me to dress up as... Rogue is my favorite super hero, so that's an option I guess. I'm not into anime (not for lack of trying) so idk, I'd probably end up sticking to the Marvel Universe, or be on some Game of Thrones type shit lol. But maybe now that I found my dream job, and will have more money to invest, I can figure something out. I say go for it!! If you're a hot nerdy chick, cosplay will definitely attract the hot nerdy guys.

So I am not a cam model anymore but I am going to start cosplaying with Clips4sale and already have some badass ideas/costumes lined up for halloween!!!

*Im doing a take on the movie "the strangers" I got a cool doll mask and am going to make it executrix like

*I had a very talented lady make me the silent hill nurse costume - mesmerize, mind fucking and more with this bad boy

* I got a batgirl cosplay outfit, I plan to get super girl

*Also have Harley Quinn - just need to get my hubby joker so I can peg him in the ass lol.

So I plan on putting some unique/interesting things into my clips VERY soon :)

Does anyone know what are the top cosplay costume suppliers? I am wondering if there are any advantages to looking for a supplier in Japan since cosplay is so huge there?

Status
Not open for further replies.