AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever snuck candy into a movie theater?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We always did when I was a kid. Nowadays, I usually go to a theater that's a full service restaurant/bar, so I have a beer and a meal with my movie. Though I've walked in with a full water bottle (of water) and a bag of pumpkin seeds before. I also always bring a blanket because theaters are COLD.

We always did when I was a kid. Nowadays, I usually go to a theater that's a full service restaurant/bar, so I have a beer and a meal with my movie. Though I've walked in with a full water bottle (of water) and a bag of pumpkin seeds before. I also always bring a blanket because theaters are COLD.
These are the best kind of theaters! We just got one locally a few years ago and it’s amazeballs. Does yours have reclining seats also? I usually still sneak some sour patch kids or sweet tarts in though. At other theaters you better bet I sneak more in though.

Most everyone I know has done this @ movie theaters on a fairly regular basis. The same box there thats $3.50 for .99 at the grocery.... why not?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I use to bring candy in...but then I realized that the reason the food was marked up in cost was because the theater wasn’t making enough money off of showing the movies alone.

So I always buy at least a soda when I go to the theater now. Or a beer if they have a bar.

These are the best kind of theaters! We just got one locally a few years ago and it’s amazeballs. Does yours have reclining seats also? I usually still sneak some sour patch kids or sweet tarts in though. At other theaters you better bet I sneak more in though.

The theaters with full menus and the theaters with reclining seats are, unfortunately, different theaters entirely round these parts.

I don't because in many cases that's the MAJORITY way the theater itself makes any money and I don't want it shut down. Sneaking and stealing to save money shows a lot of about character of a person (cheaters always cheat). If I don't like the price or situation I walk away from it. I'm not entitled to entertainment or feel I'm so special I can bend the rules. This is freeloader thinking and when I saw this thread here I was thinking how even models would be the worst freeloaders if the roles changed. Hypocritical

I don't because in many cases that's the MAJORITY way the theater itself makes any money and I don't want it shut down. Sneaking and stealing to save money shows a lot of about character of a person (cheaters always cheat). If I don't like the price or situation I walk away from it. I'm not entitled to entertainment or feel I'm so special I can bend the rules. This is freeloader thinking and when I saw this thread here I was thinking how even models would be the worst freeloaders if the roles changed. Hypocritical
If I pay $10+ for my ticket, another $15+ at the bar before my movie starts, $15+ for a meal during the movie I feel 0 guilt pulling out my sweet tarts or sour patch kids. They got their fair share of my money for that day.

I was so ready to agree with your post. Because it started out so well.

But, sneaking candy into a movie theater would not be “freeloader” thinking to me. Freeloader thinking would be trying to sneak into the theater to see the movie for free.

Just my opinion, but sneaking snacks is not high crimes and misdemeanors in my mind.

Nah, not really. I have maybe once or twice in the past but going to a movie is usually just and excuse to eat popcorn and soda for dinner without guilt. I'm going for the snacks.

I was so ready to agree with your post. Because it started out so well.

But, sneaking candy into a movie theater would not be “freeloader” thinking to me. Freeloader thinking would be trying to sneak into the theater to see the movie for free.

Just my opinion, but sneaking snacks is not high crimes and misdemeanors in my mind.

If it wasn't a big deal why do you need to sneak it in? Why not walk in with it and let them stop you instead? You have no clue of that business margins. This thinking always puts you on a slippery slope that can work against you.

What if a member decides $300 is a lot for a session so it's only 'fair' they record it right? As long as it's for themselves it's completely harmless but if it's so harmless why couldn't they tell the model what they feel is 'fair'? What you feel might not matter could be a big deal to the person you're trying to sneak something past. I don't steal always not just when I can get caught.

They actually made it legal in Israel to bring food and drinks in, because the high ticket prices made people stay away from the theaters to begin with. And since bags are searched in most mass public gathering places anyway, it would be stupid to have security officers spend time on confiscating baloney sandwiches, unless it's a Hassidic hospital of course, we wouldn't want your dying grandma to risk a ham sandwich, would we?

Reactions: abercrombiesucks

Technically, this is true. Movie theater companies make the vast majority of their profits off concession sales. But, I'd be hesitant to call someone a freeloader for sneaking a small bag of candy into the theater. Sometimes people simply can't afford to pay the high markup of things while still trying to enjoy a time out.

If I pay $10+ for my ticket, another $15+ at the bar before my movie starts, $15+ for a meal during the movie I feel 0 guilt pulling out my sweet tarts or sour patch kids. They got their fair share of my money for that day.

When AMC came out with their deal for Stub tickets, I jumped on it immediately. $20/month and I get to see three movies a week, even new movies or reserve ahead of time if I want to see it on opening day (sometimes I've found early showings this way too). So, the occasional purchase at the concession stand isn't as bad.

BTW, love me some Sour Patch Kids and Sweettarts. Throw in Runts, Nerds and Bottle Caps and we're golden.

Oh, and while it was super shitty pay, working in a movie theater as a high school kid had a lot of perks. ;)

Reactions: LunaJayde
Technically, this is true. Movie theater companies make the vast majority of their profits off concession sales. But, I'd be hesitant to call someone a freeloader for sneaking a small bag of candy into the theater. Sometimes people simply can't afford to pay the high markup of things while still trying to enjoy a time out.

When AMC came out with their deal for Stub tickets, I jumped on it immediately. $20/month and I get to see three movies a week, even new movies or reserve ahead of time if I want to see it on opening day (sometimes I've found early showings this way too). So, the occasional purchase at the concession stand isn't as bad.

BTW, love me some Sour Patch Kids and Sweettarts. Throw in Runts, Nerds and Bottle Caps and we're golden.

Oh, and while it was super shitty pay, working in a movie theater as a high school kid had a lot of perks. ;)
If I didnt have to drive 40min one way to get to the theater is jump on that deal too.

If I didnt have to drive 40min one way to get to the theater is jump on that deal too.

Yep, that's the difficult part is that can be challenging for some people. Or most. I'm taking advantage of it in that I ony have a ten minute drive. Best part is that it allows me to get out a little more and make a conscious effort to see movies whereas before I didn't.

Way I look at it is that if I see two movies a month, I'm benefitting from it. So far, I'm averaging about 4-5.

Reactions: ElaySmith
I almost always buy a popcorn and either a soda or a beer/wine (if available) at the theater. That plus the cost of the tickets is pretty pricey these days. So if I sneak in a little bag of goodies (or the once in a while flask of alcohol to put into/have with the purchased soda) the movie theater is not missing out on any money. I would not have purchased the candy there anyway, and they don't offer Bacardi flasks at the concession. :D

People acting like I ain’t a fucking criminal
Like I ain’t never doing dirt though
Probably cause the way i’m doing shit is clinical
But i’ve been putting in some work, breh
I see you looking at me cynical, stop looking at me
I ain’t fucking with your smirk ho
We’ve been doing shit, despicable
But we just keep it on a low, for example
Walk in to the movie with my pants full
Twix, bag of chips, plus a snapple
Stealing all the shampoos, from the hotel’s pretty bathrooms
Cheating, i’ve been peekin’ in the classroom
Looking like a nice guy, ‘til I take your motherfucking wi-fi
And torrent every single song in my library
Then I drive by very fucking high by everybody
While my lady licking my five inch dick

White crime
White crime
Yeah, we ‘bout that
Do a lot of dirt, never doubt that
Lot of rap twerps, love to shout crap
Love to make their mouth flat
When it come to burd, no, we spout facts
You 'gon learn what i’m 'bout, breh

If theaters are having trouble making money, maybe they could save a few bucks by not blasting the air condoning at FUCKING FREEZING. It doesn't need to be that damn cold in a room where people are sitting still for two hours straight. I bring a double-layered polar fleece blanket and I'm still freezing while burrito'd up from neck to toes, it's obnoxious. I'll even avoid drinking cold things so I don't get colder. If I'm at a full-service theater, I'll only order warm food, and I'm still freaking cold.

I could swear most theaters in my area keep the temperature at around 60°. But I'm also that girl shivering and bundled up in a 74° office, so I'm not a good judge of temperature.

Reactions: ElaySmith
Nobody ever searches bags at our local theatre. I don't usually bring food in with me because I don't keep a lot of snack-size stuff at home; I usually buy in bulk. I'm also forgetful. I end up usually getting a popcorn and sweet 'n sour candies. I know that's where they make the most of their money, too, and since they're the only IMAX theatre within a half hour to forty five minute drive, I don't mind supporting them with the $8-10 that it usually totals out.

I can make it through a movie without eating (same goes for sporting events), so I usually don't buy or bring anything.

I pretty much always sneak in candy. No sense in paying 5x markup for candy that isn't even what I really want, when there's a supermarket down the street. I always buy popcorn and soda at the concession counter, though, because there really is no substitute for movie theater popcorn.

When I worked for a major theater chain, the official-but-unspoken stance was that people bringing in outside refreshments was mostly fine, as long as it wasn't a full bar or picnic dinner.

We would sneak in entire groups of people back in high school. One person would buy a ticket and open a door in the back when the coast was clear. The money saved was then put toward pitching in on a bag. Or beer if we were lucky and could convince an older sibling to buy it for us.

I pretty much always sneak in candy. No sense in paying 5x markup for candy that isn't even what I really want, when there's a supermarket down the street. I always buy popcorn and soda at the concession counter, though, because there really is no substitute for movie theater popcorn.

When I worked for a major theater chain, the official-but-unspoken stance was that people bringing in outside refreshments was mostly fine, as long as it wasn't a full bar or picnic dinner.
Yep when I worked at one, was about the same.

Small theaters I'll usually just buy what I need there. As for the LARGE theaters, I don't EVER remember one of those going out of business so I suspect their margins are JUST fine. I'll carry everything I can into those places lol. In fact I'll eat a huge meal before I go just so I'm not hungry :)

Reactions: Mila_
Status
Not open for further replies.