AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I set up a schedule for myself...but when I view the schedule on my profile its completely wrong...but when I go to set schedule in my dashboard it shows the hours I put in...? is it because of the time differences?
The schedule on your profile shows up as GMT, which is the timezone sm uses. I find it a bit annoying as well.

I know it can take awhile to get the pay cheques to start coming normally... does streamate email you when the cheque is being mailed or anything?
I don't get any notifications. Your first check will take approximately 3 weeks then you should get them every week after that. I think your in canada so those time lines may be a little off but it should be close.

Upvote 0
I set up a schedule for myself...but when I view the schedule on my profile its completely wrong...but when I go to set schedule in my dashboard it shows the hours I put in...? is it because of the time differences?

I know it can take awhile to get the pay cheques to start coming normally... does streamate email you when the cheque is being mailed or anything?

It could possibly be the time settings for your schedule. You can adjust the settings on your profile.

Checks are issued on wednesdays, no emails for updates. You can go into your payment history on your performer dash and see what check has been mailed. I live in the states, and I get my check on mondays. If there is a bank holiday, it may come later.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
I'm sad. Last week was amazing and this week almost nothing :( I'll keep going and I know fluctuation is normal but fingers crossed I can get a decent week in

Upvote 0
I just go approved for Streammate! I read through this thread and I don't think I saw this mentioned:

If we are in a premium or exclusive and end it before the member does b/c they're being abusive or shitty etc. will we as the model be penalized in any major way??

That's the main thing that makes me hesitant to log on.

Upvote 0
If we are in a premium or exclusive and end it before the member does b/c they're being abusive or shitty etc. will we as the model be penalized in any major way??

Heck no!

Upvote 0
I just go approved for Streammate! I read through this thread and I don't think I saw this mentioned:

That's the main thing that makes me hesitant to log on.

I don't know the model's penalty but depending on what happened before the model dislodges the member, that the member might still get a refund from SM (they will ALWAYS get a refund if it's a prepaid blog stopped early). If the pvt or exclusive was over 2min the member can choose to write a review of you other can see. You can petition to have it removed but the member is notified when you do and can object to the removal.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's nothing. Even if the member gets a refund, we keep the money.

That's just the monetary penalty. They do review the chat and video of a private if there's a report of abuse on either side. I was only meaning I couldn't speak of other penalties than what happens with money from the members perspective. I do see SM's been using locking a model's max star rating for a period of time as some form of penalty now. I remember when models that weren't 5 stars were just new models. They seem to lock problem models at 4.5 stars now or accounts caught pre-recording to even less.

Upvote 0
I do see SM's been using locking a model's max star rating for a period of time as some form of penalty now. I remember when models that weren't 5 stars were just new models. They seem to lock problem models at 4.5 stars now or accounts caught pre-recording to even less.

I haven't heard anything about that. Models also dip down to 4.5 stars if they haven't cammed in a while, or if they just do gold shows so they haven't been getting ratings, and no longer have the 5 ratings it takes to have 5 stars, so not having a 5-star rating doesn't automatically mean that they're new. I haven't heard a peep from anyone about being docked stars as punishment.

Upvote 0
I don't know the model's penalty but depending on what happened before the model dislodges the member, that the member might still get a refund from SM (they will ALWAYS get a refund if it's a prepaid blog stopped early). If the pvt or exclusive was over 2min the member can choose to write a review of you other can see. You can petition to have it removed but the member is notified when you do and can object to the removal.
anytime someone has left a negative review it is removed without question. so i dont think the members are being notified.
(all mine have been unfair in all honestly but ya, never even been questioned its just removed instantly)

Upvote 0
Does SM periodically remove accounts if they're unused for a while? I went to log in the other day, and my account no longer existed.

Upvote 0
They do for models at least! They deactivate models after 90 days without I believe IIRC. Could be the same for members but im not 100% on that!

Upvote 0
Does SM periodically remove accounts if they're unused for a while? I went to log in the other day, and my account no longer existed.

I'm not sure. Since accounts can still be autogenerated through some affiliate sites I suppose they have some sort of maintenance. I've only had three accounts on SM and one definitely did not have activity for more than 90 days and I can still log into it. I remember at one point I was forced to change the password but I don't remember if it was related to not being used or something else.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Was curious since I hadn't logged in for a couple of months, and hadn't watched a show in a few months. I recreated with with same name and credentials as it had before.

Was just odd....

Upvote 0
Thanks. Was curious since I hadn't logged in for a couple of months, and hadn't watched a show in a few months. I recreated with with same name and credentials as it had before.

Was just odd....

Was the payment info expired? I know they will suspend an account if your card on it expires till you put a new card in.

Upvote 0
Was the payment info expired? I know they will suspend an account if your card on it expires till you put a new card in.

No, it would have expired next month. Which is the card I used to recreate, as I hadn't received new yet.

Upvote 0
I do see SM's been using locking a model's max star rating for a period of time as some form of penalty now. I remember when models that weren't 5 stars were just new models. They seem to lock problem models at 4.5 stars now or accounts caught pre-recording to even less.

This ratings being locked as punishment idea is pure conjecture stated as fact. If a model isn't new and has 4.5 stars that means someone has given her a bad rating in the last 90 days and she doesn't have enough 5 star ratings in the last 90 days to bring the average to 4.9 or above. It stays that way until her 90 day average is 4.9 or above. That's how the ratings work.

Also, you're giving sm too much credit: they don't care about the pre-recordings or they would ban those accounts. Punishment for breaking the site rules is being suspended or banned, not some passive aggressive secret ratings fuckery. They don't even have time to make their website work correctly or provide same day support for models, so I assure you they are not doing half the things behind the scenes that you are imagining.

Upvote 0
You have to stream at least once every three months (even if you just log in and stream for like, 5 minutes) or they will ARCHIVE your account. Just email support and they'll get it back up & active for you, issue you a new password, and then you have 22 days to stream or it will be archived/deactivated again.
Source: I went through this exact same thing yesterday haha

Upvote 0
You have to stream at least once every three months (even if you just log in and stream for like, 5 minutes) or they will ARCHIVE your account. Just email support and they'll get it back up & active for you, issue you a new password, and then you have 22 days to stream or it will be archived/deactivated again.

I didn't know this! Good to know! I took about two months off during the summer and was wondering what would happen but when I logged back on I was pleasantly surprised. :) I thought they would delete me but glad to hear they do archive models who are inactive. That helps everyone I think.

Upvote 0
I haven't heard anything about that. Models also dip down to 4.5 stars if they haven't cammed in a while, or if they just do gold shows so they haven't been getting ratings, and no longer have the 5 ratings it takes to have 5 stars, so not having a 5-star rating doesn't automatically mean that they're new. I haven't heard a peep from anyone about being docked stars as punishment.

I haven't heard anything about this either but I did notice a few weeks ago it was stuck at 4.83 even after over 9 five star reviews in one night. I thought those would make a statistical dent but they didn't. Not sure why but this does bring some concerns to the open air now.

Upvote 0
I'm sad. Last week was amazing and this week almost nothing :( I'll keep going and I know fluctuation is normal but fingers crossed I can get a decent week in

It might be because your "new" status has worn off. I say, keep on trying to improve and don't give up! Things do ebb and tide from time to time but then out of nowhere one member can come along and completely change your day. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks. But, I'm a member. Not a streamer. :)

Upvote 0
I haven't heard anything about this either but I did notice a few weeks ago it was stuck at 4.83 even after over 9 five star reviews in one night. I thought those would make a statistical dent but they didn't. Not sure why but this does bring some concerns to the open air now.
This has been talked about in MO a bit but it’s believed that if the ratings come through an affiliate site they may not count towards getting you back to 5 stars. I know there are several models on this forum that have been having this issue.
Edit: also message support and let them know. They prob won’t do anything but it’s best to report it.

Upvote 0
It might be because your "new" status has worn off. I say, keep on trying to improve and don't give up! Things do ebb and tide from time to time but then out of nowhere one member can come along and completely change your day. :)

Thank you
Ive been finding I was somewhere on the front page usually so I think that helps, but this week i havent been feeling well so I havent gotten in any hours I imagine that will push me back a bit further which sucks

Upvote 0

This has been talked about in MO a bit but it’s believed that if the ratings come through an affiliate site they may not count towards getting you back to 5 stars. I know there are several models on this forum that have been having this issue.
Edit: also message support and let them know. They prob won’t do anything but it’s best to report it.

Every single time I get my 5 5-star ratings, I have to message support to update it, or it just doesn't update on its own. I waited over a week once, now I contact them next day.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElaySmith
Upvote 0
Every single time I get my 5 5-star ratings, I have to message support to update it, or it just doesn't update on its own. I waited over a week once, now I contact them next day.

Well that's a bummer! I will have to bug them then. I just had them remove a rating from a client that didn't read my profile on what I do and do and do not do but it has been stuck for a while. I'm so close to 4.9 and above and I'd love the boost that gives (if any) for placement. Every little bit helps since I know my internet is capped out here in the country. Thank you both for helping me out!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
I can't get people interested in gold shows... at all. Last night I tried a 20 minute shower show for $12 gold... nope. I tried a 7 min tit play show for $5gold nope...and I think I tried a 5 min tit play show for $3gold...

Do I need to offer pussy and pretend to orgasm for like $3gold/5min?

Maybe Im not as exciting? I dont know.

Also after my first week my earnings took a huge dive. I went from $750 to $145 to $85 :(

Any tips would be appreciated, and I understand it will fluctuate and I'm glad that monthly my earnings are way up from chaturbate, but damn if I don't want $750 weeks more often

• Hugs
Reactions: Sillykitty
Upvote 0
Gold shows can be hit or miss depending on the traffic too @CurvyJ sometimes I can bang out a $100 goal and then some but then there are times like yesterday where I couldn’t get anyone to join. Some top models don’t even do them at all. A 20 min show might be a bit too long to commit to since some guys just want a quick, easy wank with a smaller pay in. Esp with being new some guys may be a bit more hesitant to join a $12 show. I’d experiment with prices/goals etc and try to find a sweet spot. I try to charge cheaper shows to get a higher amount of people esp newbies to my room so they can experience a show with me and have made a few good regulars that way.

Upvote 0