AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

try to push yourself to do two hours. the more you are on, the more likly you can build up clientele

I plan to :) I just hope its less buggy. I was freezing so much

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I plan to :) I just hope its less buggy. I was freezing so much
Make sure to use a wired connection if you can. SM rewards having a good internet.

Upvote 0
Make sure to use a wired connection if you can. SM rewards having a good internet.

I need a crazy long ethernet cord lol I hope to get one soon

Reactions: ElaySmith
Upvote 0
I need a crazy long ethernet cord lol I hope to get one soon

Amazon.
Locally the length of cable I need is about 75 dollars. On Amazon it was 8.

Also how are you streaming? OBS? Or SMB? OBS is less buggy and uses less system resources.

Upvote 0
On CB we have an option to email people who have favourited us when we are online....does streamate have anything like that? or is it best to just make a schedule? I kind of hate being locked into a schedule as much as I know its good for my business

Upvote 0
On CB we have an option to email people who have favourited us when we are online....does streamate have anything like that? or is it best to just make a schedule? I kind of hate being locked into a schedule as much as I know its good for my business

sadly no.

• Helpful!
Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0

They do, and they don't.

They do in the sense that they will send texts out for when a favourite model comes online.

They don't, in that it's very buggy and I only get one text every once in a while. I have @AudriTwo and a few other models favourited. But, have never seen a text about her coming online and rarely get anything about others... Yet, I know she's been online at least once in the year or so since I've favourited her. ;)

Here's the SMS alerting stuff:

Mobile Notifications
You can receive SMS alerts when your favorite models log on to Streamate. Just enter your phone number, the times of day that you want to receive the notifications and the maximum number of SMS messages to receive per day. Then just turn on the alert () on your My Favorites page. Note: We provide this as a free service to you, although we are not responsible for any carrier charges that may apply for receiving text messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
They don't, in that it's very buggy and I only get one text every once in a while. I have @AudriTwo and a few other models favourited. But, have never seen a text about her coming online and rarely get anything about others... Yet, I know she's been online at least once in the year or so since I've favourited her. ;)

Yeah at least three times. Lol.

That is so frustrating though. If you can report it, that would be great. Support told me they had it solved. >.<

Upvote 0
Mobile Notifications
You can receive SMS alerts when your favorite models log on to Streamate. Just enter your phone number, the times of day that you want to receive the notifications and the maximum number of SMS messages to receive per day. Then just turn on the alert () on your My Favorites page. Note: We provide this as a free service to you, although we are not responsible for any carrier charges that may apply for receiving text messages.

The problem with this is some carriers block the SMS regardless so it can be useless option for people. Verizon does this a lot, you have to call their support and whitelist SM but the text come from various places so that doesn't always work either.AT&T is so so and Sprint and Tmobile are good about it.

If you've ever done a private with a model then you can receive mail blast through SM from them BUT only if you've give them money through pvt/exc. For some reason it doesn't count tipping as giving the model no matter the amount. Otherwise you have to have emailed the model first then you can mail back and forth forever.

Upvote 0
The problem with this is some carriers block the SMS regardless so it can be useless option for people. Verizon does this a lot, you have to call their support and whitelist SM but the text come from various places so that doesn't always work either.AT&T is so so and Sprint and Tmobile are good about it.

If you've ever done a private with a model then you can receive mail blast through SM from them BUT only if you've give them money through pvt/exc. For some reason it doesn't count tipping as giving the model no matter the amount. Otherwise you have to have emailed the model first then you can mail back and forth forever.

Hmm... Probably a lot of reasons why I'm not receiving alerts on Audri. It's interesting, I have five models favourited. Never any texts on two models (last I checked, both are still active), sporadic on another, and two I haven't visited (different schedules) but seem to get almost regular messages for when they're on.

Personally, I'd rather just see it all be sent email instead of text.

Upvote 0
So...why do people show up as invisible? does that mean I shouldn't be greeting them by name?

Last night I had someone tip me for a flash and spend time with me in premium and there was the number 2 beside their name...is that so I know they have paid me for 2 actions?

And sometimes people are in my room but are not showing up on the right hand side list...whats up with that? I know they are there because they don't leave or they will talk to me

And last question for the moment is when it says "potential members" many at the top of my screen what is a good way to entice them to join the site? am I allowed to post my curvyjforyou.cammodels.com link? because that's the most beneficial for me right? I had about 25-30 of those last night so it would be nice to convert one or two

I am really really really enjoying the less freeloaders on SM

It is so demoralizing to sit on CB have over 100 viewers and NO tippers and then people say Im doing nothing wrong...and having regulars who clearly are tipping other models and not me...it kills me...to the point where I would almost rather leave CB all together and just put my time into SM...

Reactions: Ccallen28
Upvote 0
So...why do people show up as invisible? does that mean I shouldn't be greeting them by name?
You can see them but they show up invisible to anyone else in the room.

And sometimes people are in my room but are not showing up on the right hand side list...whats up with that? I know they are there because they don't leave or they will talk to me
Id assume this was maybe some sort of glitch.

Last night I had someone tip me for a flash and spend time with me in premium and there was the number 2 beside their name...is that so I know they have paid me for 2 actions?
As members spend money on you, you will notice those numbers appear beside their names. The more they spend the higher the number. I can't remember the exact amounts it takes to go from one level to the next but it will help you keep track of who spends as you get returning customers.

And last question for the moment is when it says "potential members" many at the top of my screen what is a good way to entice them to join the site? am I allowed to post my curvyjforyou.cammodels.com link? because that's the most beneficial for me right? I had about 25-30 of those last night so it would be nice to convert one or two
I don't pay that much attention to the potential members- but I guess if I was still building up my clientele on SM I would view it differently. You definitely can not promote your cammodel link on streamate though.... thats a no no. Id guess the best way to convert potential members is to not look bored between paying members coming in and out of your room. By that I mean still be engaging even if your room is empty bc id guess a portion of potential members already have accounts and are just not logged in.

Upvote 0

I don't greet ANYONE by name unless they're a regular of multiple years. Everyone else gets a generic "hi, guys!" when they come in the room, because greeting them by name makes them scatter like roaches when the light comes on. If I'm responding to someone, I use the first letter or syllable of their name, because I am not about to say "hornydaddyhorsecock4u" or any of their other silly usernames out loud, I would start giggling and piss them off.

And last question for the moment is when it says "potential members" many at the top of my screen what is a good way to entice them to join the site? am I allowed to post my curvyjforyou.cammodels.com link?

We're not allowed to promote our cammodels link anywhere on SM. I use the potential members count as an indicator of my stream quality, since dudes on SM are allergic to telling us we're lagging. I note what it normally is, and if it suddenly dips abnormally low, I do my routine "is it my stream or is it just slow" system check.

Upvote 0
Interesting! I've always said hello by name. Maybe I'll try greeting both ways and see how it goes to compare. I have no problem saying silly names... though I do giggle. So far no one has seemed to have an issue but I could be turning off some people so I guess there is that to consider

Upvote 0
Interesting! I've always said hello by name. Maybe I'll try greeting both ways and see how it goes to compare. I have no problem saying silly names... though I do giggle. So far no one has seemed to have an issue but I could be turning off some people so I guess there is that to consider
Maybe I'm the odd one. But, I don't mind if a model says hello to me by my screen name. As to if it's long names such as what @SaffronBurke mentioned, most models I've seen say something like "Hi HorneyD" or the like. But, I do know some don't like being called out.

Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
Hi everyone! I just got approved for streaming on streamate, but "registered account owner" and "payment method" are still pending approval as my proof of address has not gone through. With everything else verified, can I start streaming on streamate? I expect the rest of the verifications to occur before I would receive my first payout regardless, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't an issue with this. Thanks!

Upvote 0
How do I get further up in the offline list? Is that a thing?

When I scroll down a few pages I see girls who haven't streamed since July, March ect... is it possible to move myself up higher?

Upvote 0
How do I block people please?
You can block a member while they are in your chat by clicking on their name in the user list and hitting the appropriate button.

You can also block them from the list of your members on your dashboard, assuming they have sent a message to you and are on the list. Click customers > contacts, click the number under "messages," open one, open the drop-down menu at the top left with the little down arrow to access the block option. Or open the menu directly from one of their messages in your inbox. OR if you are using messenger mode you can click the "i" button on the right to access block options that way.

I believe you can also message support directly to ask them to block a member for you, but I have never needed to do it this way myself.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm the odd one. But, I don't mind if a model says hello to me by my screen name. As to if it's long names such as what @SaffronBurke mentioned, most models I've seen say something like "Hi HorneyD" or the like. But, I do know some don't like being called out.

The type of guys who scatter like roaches when you mention them by name are not the same type of guys who would register to forums and draw attention to themselves by posting. Just saying, because obviously we only get a very specific subset of member types posting here, who are usually not going to be representative at all of our rooms as a whole.

Which is to say... yes, you're the odd one.

Upvote 0
so sorry for spamming and all the questions... when my hours are calculated for placement... is it in the current month or the month after? So I just started this week and only have 5 hours... but if i make 90 hours by the end of the month will that boost my placement in november or only during october? I hope that makes sense

Upvote 0
so sorry for spamming and all the questions... when my hours are calculated for placement... is it in the current month or the month after? So I just started this week and only have 5 hours... but if i make 90 hours by the end of the month will that boost my placement in november or only during october? I hope that makes sense
I believe it’s just calculated as a 30 day average.... your hours won’t magically disappear when the month rolls over.

Upvote 0
your hours won’t magically disappear when the month rolls over.
@CurvyJ Elay is right, it's a rolling 30 day period that is totaled. So whatever hours you have streamed in the last 30 days, regardless of what point in the month it is.

Upvote 0
Im back... please dont hate me

what is the difference between gold shows and top spot gold shows?

Are top spot gold shows a good thing?
Top spot shows are prompted by a producer. They decide the rate and time etc, you can alter the description. The rates are usually close to what you would normally achieve for your average gold show and you are guaranteed that amount even if you don't reach the goal. They also boost your placement to the first spot on the first page during the countdown. I loved top spot shows, they made me lazy and it was good easy money but they dont seem to offer them as much as they used to.

Upvote 0
So within the next two days it will have been six months since I opened that stupid account through Next Level Model instead of Streamate itself. Any ideas on what I have to do? I'm honestly scared to log in and re-set my time lol. I don't really know how to go about guaranteeing that my new account isn't tied to the other one.

Upvote 0
So within the next two days it will have been six months since I opened that stupid account through Next Level Model instead of Streamate itself. Any ideas on what I have to do? I'm honestly scared to log in and re-set my time lol. I don't really know how to go about guaranteeing that my new account isn't tied to the other one.
It’s my understanding that you would need to contact the studio to close the account and then wait the 6 months. After that you should be able to go directly to sm and open a new account or contact Liz or Vanessa directly to help you.

Upvote 0
I set up a schedule for myself...but when I view the schedule on my profile its completely wrong...but when I go to set schedule in my dashboard it shows the hours I put in...? is it because of the time differences?

I know it can take awhile to get the pay cheques to start coming normally... does streamate email you when the cheque is being mailed or anything?

Upvote 0