AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Looks like it may be the studio. At least the StreamMate profile uses the same photo from @peacheepie's Chaturbate profile...
Yeah, I was thinking about it more. I had to submit pictures for approval and a username. I wish I had realized what I was doing. I haven’t heard back from SM, but Next Level Modeling said they cannot delete the account, but can deactivate it. I’m hoping that because I never signed onto the account that I can move forward more quickly. Things have been way better this weekend with CB, but I see myself really fitting in with the style of SM.

Upvote 0
If you're new to streamate and would like to give me credit for your signup, you can use this link
http://streamaterecruiting.com/signu/?referral=Michellelovesu

Feel free to post questions directed at me here if you do.
hello great information im Latrice I have been with stream ate for 2months it's so dead im about ready to say maybe this is not for me:(( also im in the asa /indiana central timezone whats the best time for me to get on im missing traffic and a lot of money bc of this I can't stand to sit and not make anything past one hour please help

Upvote 0
hello great information im Latrice I have been with stream ate for 2months it's so dead im about ready to say maybe this is not for me:(( also im in the asa /indiana central timezone whats the best time for me to get on im missing traffic and a lot of money bc of this I can't stand to sit and not make anything past one hour please help

Sometimes, your first hour is nothing, then hour 2 starts picking up, and hour 3 is just popping. Longer shifts can be annoying, but they can help you figure out when your best time is. For me, my most profitable shifts straddle the "coming home from the bar" crowd and the "quick fap before work" crowd. Other people do really well on day shift, or evening shift. It varies a lot from person to person.

Upvote 0
I agree with Saffron staying online can really pay off. It takes a little while to get things going sometimes. I'm always happy when I just stay on and wait out the slow times. What do you guys do when members that haven't spent money message you? Reply or ignore?

Upvote 0
Usually reply, depending on what they say. If they're looking for freebies then nah or I'll try to talk them into a sale. I've learned sometimes they want to talk first or find out if you can cater to whatever fetish they have, then they'll take you exclusive or whatever. Except for one or two times, it's paid off for me to reply back to them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: PagliA
Upvote 0

Okay I know this post is almost a month old, but just in case this advice helps out anyone else.

I totally get that part, if things are dead for an hour, it can be horrifically boring and it's difficult to keep going. Something that helps is to make a shift for yourself. Be online for three hours minimum. Sometimes it can be really challenging, but trust me, it's worth it. Over time you'll find that things will pick up sometimes and that if you didn't stay on longer, you'd have missed out on it.

Now if it's really dead, like you've been online for an hour and really have not gotten a single person to chat, then yea, log off. Sometimes there are lulls in traffic, sometimes there are glitches, etc. Instead of stressing over it too much, go do something else fun or productive, and try again later.

If you're consistently having problems getting any traffic whatsoever, try to figure out how to gain that. Having a good profile with the right tags for what you do will help the right members find you. For SM there's also the ranking page which can help you find any weaknesses with things like streaming quality, fix stuff like that, aim to get Excellent ratings on everything and it will help boost your ranking and placement to get more traffic. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Didn’t get paid last week and Streamate can’t figure out why! (I chose payment via check) Apparently the accounting dept is supposed to contact me when it’s figured out... Luckily my bills are already paid, but I’m super broke because summer college classes are starting next week. I’ve been having so many problems ever since First Choice closed. I hope they come up with another payment method- my next decision is to just pay the $40 wire fee :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What is the best starting rate for a new model on streamate? I was charging $1.69 for premium and $2.69 for exclusive. Recently I changed it to $3.99 for premium and $5.99 for exclusive. Is this too much to ask as a new model?

Upvote 0
What is the best starting rate for a new model on streamate? I was charging $1.69 for premium and $2.69 for exclusive. Recently I changed it to $3.99 for premium and $5.99 for exclusive. Is this too much to ask as a new model?

No, it's not too much! Charge what you feel is fair to you/what you feel you're worth. Men will pay. :cat:

Upvote 0
Charge what you feel is fair to you/what you feel you're worth. Men will pay. :cat:

That's a feel good answer but not practical. Doesn't take into account things like choppy connection, bad camera no sound or any other things that factor into member decisions. Giving business reasoning so models understand the 'why' of pricing.

Basic rule of pricing in any business, make profit. Understand your costs and what you would need just to pay the rent first. For US models this will always be a higher amount than a EU model for example. That said nothing stops either model from charging the same amount if they are offering equal services.

The higher you set your price the more active you will have to be at convincing members to pay it. This is just harder for newer models to get used to. A new model might not be able to sell the idea of $10/min like a veteran model can. As you get good at selling the easier you're able to sell at a higher and higher rate. Sometimes just being too busy lets you raise your rate, making yourself more available for higher paying members.

Members on SM have expectation within certain price range not only for what's offered but quality of cam/sound/session, if the model uses toys if the model has a bed, chair room to move in general, if she's offering penetration, oral, anal what outfits are available if she's serving a niche fetish. These are all factors into price justification.

tl;dr charge what you can but you have to still sell it to the members the higher you go.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Autumn Alexander
Upvote 0
That's a feel good answer but not practical. Doesn't take into account things like choppy connection, bad camera no sound or any other things that factor into member decisions. Giving business reasoning so models understand the 'why' of pricing.

You're right, in that aspect that I should have talked about connection and camera, as well as the computer - because that is important. I beefed up my computer when I realized my old Macbook Pro wouldn't get the job done as well as it should have (not enough RAM).

The higher you set your price the more active you will have to be at convincing members to pay it. This is just harder for newer models to get used to. A new model might not be able to sell the idea of $10/min like a veteran model can. As you get good at selling the easier you're able to sell at a higher and higher rate. Sometimes just being too busy lets you raise your rate, making yourself more available for higher paying members.

You're right to an extent. She wasn't asking about $10/min though. She was asking about a lower rate than that.
In all honesty, charging low rates (under $2 or $3/min) on Streamate, isn't going to bring in "quality" clientele. They're usually (not always) demanding and rude plus it's not a high percentage payout for models. SM takes 65-70% of our profits - depending on if we're with a daily pay like Boleyn Models or not. This is to cover the cost of affiliates as well as keeping the site up and running. But that means not much is left over for us.

We're literally putting ourselves naked on the interwebs for everyone to see. For me, it's not worth it if I'm only making $2 or less my cut, per minute. Obviously it's a choice that we've made to put ourselves into this situation of possibly being recorded or found out or whatever but if I'm doing that then I better be making enough money for it to be worth being found out and even in general for people to see me nekkid doin' sexy stuff on the interwebz. That's just my opinion though and what factors go into my pricing personally and I'd think others as well.

Members on SM have expectation within certain price range not only for what's offered but quality of cam/sound/session, if the model uses toys if the model has a bed, chair room to move in general, if she's offering penetration, oral, anal what outfits are available if she's serving a niche fetish. These are all factors into price justification.

The only thing I really think is a factor is the cam/sound. I also don't think ALL of those go into the price justification for every member. If someone wants to take a girl private/exclusive, they're going to take her private/exclusive. Just because she doesn't offer a certain fetish or she may not have the right set up for you, or she doesn't offer penetration, doesn't mean she should charge less than what she feels she is worth.

Personally, I charge on the higher end of the spectrum, mostly because I put a lot into my aesthetic (hair, makeup, background, lighting) and I want to appeal to a certain type of clientele. I don't want to have a show all of the time with just anyone. I offer the allure of exclusivity and that's what works for me - not everyone can afford it and it's okay. Sometimes that means I'm in freechat a lot longer than most and sometimes I'm not. I'm fairly well versed in fetishes as well. I also don't want to do shows dildo-ing myself all day long because it can be exhausting.
But that being said, even before I jacked my rates up and was knowledgeable about fetishes, I still had higher rates. Because that's what I felt I was worth and what made it worth it for me to being naked and showing myself on the damn internet.... and people still took me private/exclusive.

A big part of camming is confidence. If you're confident in yourself (or at least act confident, fake it til ya make it), it's a lot easier than when you're not.
Say I log on one day and I've been having a bad day mentally, I'm less likely to get shows.
If I log on and I've been doing good mentally, I'm usually a lot more likely to get shows.

tldr; please don't try to mansplain this business when you're not a camgirl. We have a right to charge what we feel we are worth because in the end it's us putting ourselves out there, for the world to see and not you. We're lowering our ability for future employment, safety, etc. Which going into it I'd hope everyone understands that. Just bc we don't offer a certain fetish, have a large space, a lot of toys, doesn't mean we should charge below what we personally are comfortable with. Sometimes it takes a little time to find the sweet spot with pricing, but it should always be what WE are comfortable with, not the customer. There's a customer out there for everyone.

Upvote 0
please don't try to mansplain this business when you're not a camgirl. We have a right to charge what we feel we are worth because in the end it's us putting ourselves out there, for the world to see and not you

I gave a members perspective as a member. Who told you what you could charge? Do you feel you're victimizing yourself doing this? You don't get to be a victim from your own choices. I empathize it's hard emotional work but my main point remains, MEMBERS DO NOT HAVE TO CARE. That's not that members are terrible people but this is entertainment for us. Member are basing their spending on themselves not out of charity or emotional support for you. Even pay pigs only continue to paying their findom so long as they are enjoying themselves, most everything else about it is part of the fantasy that makes the fetish work.

The main reason I wrote is not to be dismissive of the emotion tolls that might come from being a sex worker but help the new model understand that empathy works both ways and can be manipulated if someone feels they can get something out of it. This will always be a business first and successful models are aware of that at all times. Models that know the reasons they set their prices can sell far better than models that answer, 'just because'.

Upvote 0
There is a really handy feature they designed for models called "rate analysis" (located under the "reports" tab) that allows you to look at how you have performed at any given rate within the last 90 days, compares your hourly earnings at each, etc. It was really helpful to me when I was personally feeling my way around my rates.

Upvote 0
Recently I changed it to $3.99 for premium and $5.99 for exclusive. Is this too much to ask as a new model?

That's the minimum I would recommend anyone charge, tbh. At the lower prices, you wind up getting the penny-pinchers who want the world for their $2, whereas the folks willing to pay higher rates are also more chill about requests and pacing.

Reactions: Alyssa Taylor
Upvote 0
This is all great advice, I haven't done well at all on streammates and I think it's cos my pricing Is too low so I get all the 2 minute guys.

You get WAAAYYYY BETTER members when you set your rates higher. Last time I took a long break and had to get my 5 stars back I tried pricing myself fairly low to get them faster. It was awful. Unbelievably awful. Then I raised them higher the next night (still without my stars because the cheap fucks didn't rate) and everyone was so much better. Except one guy that had done an awful show the day before that showed up to tell me I was now too expensive and I would fail miserably with such high rates. (Spoiler alert, I didn't and I now charge even more at 5.99/7.99)

Upvote 0
Hey! I've been on streamate for about a week. Everything was running fine up until yesterday. (if there is a forum for streamate tech issues please point me in the right direction)
So I don't get the option to accept a pvt/exclusive show anymore. It just jumps me straight into one. I can also see people coming in an out of the free chat as well while it's meant to be in paid. If anyone could help that would be amazing!! Thank you in advance! I've contacted streamate but I have not heard back from them yet. Just figured I'd see if anyone could help me on here before they get back to me so I can start working again!! Thank you!
xx

Upvote 0
haha so funny! I have been using the word 'noob' all day to describe myself because I keep doing dumb things and I just received the noob promotion!

Upvote 0
Hey! I've been on streamate for about a week. Everything was running fine up until yesterday. (if there is a forum for streamate tech issues please point me in the right direction)
So I don't get the option to accept a pvt/exclusive show anymore. It just jumps me straight into one. I can also see people coming in an out of the free chat as well while it's meant to be in paid. If anyone could help that would be amazing!! Thank you in advance! I've contacted streamate but I have not heard back from them yet. Just figured I'd see if anyone could help me on here before they get back to me so I can start working again!! Thank you!
xx

Hi! So that sounds about right on how it should be working.

When people take you to just private, you won't get notified/asked and you'll still be able to see people coming in and out of the free chat part. But they can't see you. They can only see that you're in a live show and they'll be given the option to join in on it but they can't see what's actually happening.

When you're in exclusive, a little pop up notification will come up asking to accept or deny going exclusive.

Annnd, when someone wants to buy a block session, a pop up notification will show up so that you can accept or deny it ~ that goes for private and exclusive blocks. When you're in a private block you'll still be able to see people coming in and out of the main chat, but again, they can't see you. They'd only be able to see that you're in a show. You have to accept or deny blocks for private & exclusive since you're basically saying you agree to stay in the show for the amount of time they purchased.

Hope that makes sense/helps.

Upvote 0
Hi! So that sounds about right on how it should be working.

When people take you to just private, you won't get notified/asked and you'll still be able to see people coming in and out of the free chat part. But they can't see you. They can only see that you're in a live show and they'll be given the option to join in on it but they can't see what's actually happening.

When you're in exclusive, a little pop up notification will come up asking to accept or deny going exclusive.

Annnd, when someone wants to buy a block session, a pop up notification will show up so that you can accept or deny it ~ that goes for private and exclusive blocks. When you're in a private block you'll still be able to see people coming in and out of the main chat, but again, they can't see you. They'd only be able to see that you're in a show. You have to accept or deny blocks for private & exclusive since you're basically saying you agree to stay in the show for the amount of time they purchased.

Hope that makes sense/helps.

Wow okay! Yeah it helps thank you! That's so odd because I've only done 1 exclusive so far. The rest pvts. All those pvts weren't block sessions and I got the pop up notification to say yes or no. So maybe I originally had a glitch and it fixed! Let's hope that's the case haha!
Thank you so much Alyssa!

Reactions: Alyssa Taylor
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if streamate holds your payments for the first three weeks?
Its not really a hold, it just takes about 2-3 weeks to get the first check bc of how SM processes its payments. The pay period ends on sat night, they process and send payments the beginning of the week and you receive the check the following week. After the initial delay you will receive a check every week.

Upvote 0
Its not really a hold, it just takes about 2-3 weeks to get the first check bc of how SM processes its payments. The pay period ends on sat night, they process and send payments the beginning of the week and you receive the check the following week. After the initial delay you will receive a check every week.

Maybe I've confused it further. I don't get paid by cheque, I get paid via Cosmo, if that helps at all.

Upvote 0
Maybe I've confused it further. I don't get paid by cheque, I get paid via Cosmo, if that helps at all.
you right it will depend on her payment method so maybe one of us has managed to give her the answer she is looking for.

Upvote 0
I have been off of Streamate for a while, and because of this my ratings disappeared. It still shows as 5 stars on my profile, but I’m never on the first page anymore. Maybe like 6th page or so now! How do I get back up? Just request that customers rate me? My stream quality and everything else is good.

Upvote 0