AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Frusturated but I don't want to quit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pan_Flute_Fox

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 23, 2018
Twitter Username
@pan_flute_fox
MFC Username
Pan_Flute_Fox
I started on MFC about 2 months ago and I'm doing really poorly. I had a few really good days but for the most part I havent made over $20 over a coupe hours. I can't cam full time because I'm a student and my equipment sucks because i cant afford to invest in a good webcam. I don't want to quit but its tempting. Is there a different cam site I could use that would make it easier to work part time?

Hi hi! I just checked out your twitter and you're adorable!

I haven't tried other sites besides Chaturbate yet but I think a low end webcam, like the one installed on your computer by default if that's what you're using, is going to be an issue on a lot of sites. I did notice it was pretty dark in that gif you have posted on the top- IDK if you were just getting ready but if that's your oncam lighting then that's going to be problematic for a couple reasons- one is that when a webcam is being used in a dark room, it actually slows down your frames per second, so a slow laggy stream is going to just turn some people away. Also, they can't see you! Which is the point! So maybe try grabbing some lamps from around your place and really lighting the shit out of yourself and seeing if that helps at all.

And yes, if you can afford a couple teeny up front investments it definitely helps. If you can swing $30, this is the camera I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WO8HQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And if lamps don't do it I also use this little$15 clip on ring light and it's helped brighten everything up a lot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077RSHL7D/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Technical stuff aside, if one site doesn't work for you don't be afraid to jump around and try others! They're all a little different so you can find your niche!

Upvote 0
More eggs in more baskets!

For live camming you have LOTS of options other than just MFC (Chaturbate, Streamate, ManyVids, NexoCams, Niteflirt (cam with phone, not sitting on stream just waiting around),etc etc.. The biggest thing to remember, no matter what/how many sites you're on, is that you'll need to be adaptable. Change with the times, regardless of if they're good or bad. Starting out, that first year was one of the hardest for me in terms of finding some sort of stability.

Little things you can do to invest in yourself and make the most on your time, film a few easy videos that require low effort that you can really focus your basics on (lighting, sound, staging, etc). Sell it and see what price works best for you, then tinker with it. Film a similar but different video and re-watch them so you can see what you did better the second time.

Sometimes success looks more like a squiggly line towards stability than it does monetary success. Good luck!

Upvote 0
More eggs in more baskets!

For live camming you have LOTS of options other than just MFC (Chaturbate, Streamate, ManyVids, NexoCams, Niteflirt (cam with phone, not sitting on stream just waiting around),etc etc.. !

thank you for the advice! I've been thinking about trying somewhere else, I think I'll try my hand at chaturbate since it seems so popular. maybe streammate.

Reactions: Rose
Upvote 0
Footage you posted on Twitter of your stream does look rather dated and grainy, an upgrade of webcam might not be amiss possibly in combination with boosting quality through third party software like OBS. Which webcam are you currently using?

Reactions: Pan_Flute_Fox
Upvote 0
Your determination to keep pushing is certainly helpful when it comes to success! As it's been mentioned, a few little, reasonably priced upgrades will make a world of difference. With the holiday season kicking in, you might be able to find some good deals on a quality webcam, and you can find a set of umbrella lights on Amazon for $20-30.

And while you're waiting to invest in these, definitely look into more eggs!

Anyway, you're heckin' adorable, that's all I really wanted to say but also wanted to echo all of the great points above. Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!

Upvote 0
I had the same problem as you, no money to invest, terrible equipment but after a lot of effort, I could finally get it. I recommend you to keep trying, 2 months is not a lot of time... probably It'll take up to a year to start making really gooood money but it just depends on your effort and discipline, maybe soon you'll get $$ to buy a better webcam or lights. You won't know if you stop now, don't give up!! this site is amazing to get help and advice too. Good luck!!

Upvote 0
I have a story that might encourage you. On April 2018, most industry people I knew simply turned their back on me. I could have listened to their discouraging, I could have gone back to the safety of benefits by going back to my old job in the vanilla payments industry. I recently found a job in a new website, an adult platform, and you know what? I'm not looking back. Badges or no badges, trade shows or no trade shows, I'm slowly accumulating achievements. I owe that spirit to encouragements I've received from models in here and additional communities. Other webcam sites might be bigger, however I don't know if any other website has a male rep that found the job due to the help of models :) What I'm saying is, that models taught me the basics of marketing, and that is networking, and you have lots of it here. Besides, you're generally awesome, and don't let anyone else convince you otherwise!

Upvote 0
Footage you posted on Twitter of your stream does look rather dated and grainy, an upgrade of webcam might not be amiss possibly in combination with boosting quality through third party software like OBS. Which webcam are you currently using?
im using the built in webcam on my macbook pro, which is new so the webcams not the as much of a problem as the garbo lighting
I didn't know using OBS boosted quality, good to know!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Also, while you’re working on getting your cam stream situation upgraded, you might check out SextPanther. I’ve been doing really well on there and you don’t need a single thing except your phone.

Here’s my referral link if you wanna sign up https://www.sextpanther.com/becomeamodel?id=34340

Whaaa!? How? I make nothing on sextpanther. But I HIGHLY recommend niteflirt right off the bat. Cam/phone seshes are a low rate for private, but I only offer softcore at that competitive low rate (get them hooked on that and then they will pay the extra $2 a min for hardcore, or whatever you want to charge). I just made $75 in one hour of sitting there talking mostly to a regular (after I made him cum) while I was trying to write this post. And HE came to ME! I don't have to sit live on cam with my tits out in front of a shit ton of freeloading garbage humans waiting for a bite. I edit, browse ACF (and now you've turned me onto tumblr omergawd thanks), clean, do yoga, and wait for calls. It's awesome. Then if I do want to have live cam on, I can afford to leave if I'm not being appreciated. Sometimes I'll have my live cam on AND take niteflirt calls, putting up a brb sign up when I am. I use a second phone to do skype instead of my computer, so I can take it in another room. That way, my videos are being advertised and my chatroom can continue while I am off for 5-10 mins making bank. That's only a good strategy for MV and CB though, as MFC has that camscore shit so you don't want to be afk.

Upvote 0
Whaaa!? How? I make nothing on sextpanther. But I HIGHLY recommend niteflirt right off the bat. Cam/phone seshes are a low rate for private, but I only offer softcore at that competitive low rate (get them hooked on that and then they will pay the extra $2 a min for hardcore, or whatever you want to charge). I just made $75 in one hour of sitting there talking mostly to a regular (after I made him cum) while I was trying to write this post. And HE came to ME! I don't have to sit live on cam with my tits out in front of a shit ton of freeloading garbage humans waiting for a bite. I edit, browse ACF (and now you've turned me onto tumblr omergawd thanks), clean, do yoga, and wait for calls. It's awesome. Then if I do want to have live cam on, I can afford to leave if I'm not being appreciated. Sometimes I'll have my live cam on AND take niteflirt calls, putting up a brb sign up when I am. I use a second phone to do skype instead of my computer, so I can take it in another room. That way, my videos are being advertised and my chatroom can continue while I am off for 5-10 mins making bank. That's only a good strategy for MV and CB though, as MFC has that camscore shit so you don't want to be afk.

Honestly IDK! Being able to just text and send vids throughout the day really adds up, and then when I open my phone lines they're usually super ready lol. Also there's a lot of free $5 guys on there but I have some regulars who regularly load up a few hundred dollars every day or too (which is crazy, like what do they do for a living??).

But I've been thinking about signing up for NiteFlirt too so I can double dip on all that. I checked it out and the interface confused me a little tho, but I think I just need to sit down and figure it out one day?

And yeah I just finished a super slow CB shift and just kept thinking omg SP is so much easier than this. I just want to be a professional sexter now. Cause sweatpants.

Reactions: Hey_Kika
Upvote 0
Honestly IDK! Being able to just text and send vids throughout the day really adds up, and then when I open my phone lines they're usually super ready lol. Also there's a lot of free $5 guys on there but I have some regulars who regularly load up a few hundred dollars every day or too (which is crazy, like what do they do for a living??).

But I've been thinking about signing up for NiteFlirt too so I can double dip on all that. I checked it out and the interface confused me a little tho, but I think I just need to sit down and figure it out one day?

And yeah I just finished a super slow CB shift and just kept thinking omg SP is so much easier than this. I just want to be a professional sexter now. Cause sweatpants.

How did you get your account going? I've been on sp for a while, lowest rate, same pics, barely anything. Made like $5 total in months. Never one phone call.

Upvote 0
How did you get your account going? I've been on sp for a while, lowest rate, same pics, barely anything. Made like $5 total in months. Never one phone call.

I just started last month and made $1000 in m first week! I think the new boost helped but I'm on track to make another 1k for this pay period. Which is extra great considering the minimal effort.

One of the tricks is logging in and out a lot, it boosts your visibility and I think makes a big difference. I also have my rates low-ish but I send out a mass picture or video every day and then get replies from there (and dudes are going to open that pic or vid like 80% of the time, so I just keep sending them video clips, whether they ask or not. :rock:

Upvote 0
im using the built in webcam on my macbook pro, which is new so the webcams not the as much of a problem as the garbo lighting
I didn't know using OBS boosted quality, good to know!

The video and audio feed from your webcam needs to be processed (encoded) before being sent on it's merry way over the internet to an enduser, standard you can do it through flash which is what camsites do but this is limited, OBS is you using your own hardware to handle encoding which gives you more control and processing power resulting in general in better quality. But it can only push as much as webcam is possible, depending on which Mac you use it can vary from SD at 480p to HD in 720p.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I just started last month and made $1000 in m first week! I think the new boost helped but I'm on track to make another 1k for this pay period. Which is extra great considering the minimal effort.

One of the tricks is logging in and out a lot, it boosts your visibility and I think makes a big difference. I also have my rates low-ish but I send out a mass picture or video every day and then get replies from there (and dudes are going to open that pic or vid like 80% of the time, so I just keep sending them video clips, whether they ask or not. :rock:
what is so? a cam site?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Also, while you’re working on getting your cam stream situation upgraded, you might check out SextPanther. I’ve been doing really well on there and you don’t need a single thing except your phone.

Here’s my referral link if you wanna sign up https://www.sextpanther.com/becomeamodel?id=34340

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for this !!! I was intrigued when i saw your post here, so I signed up and I did just as a well as a really good day of camming for me, in one day on SP !!

It's definitely one of those things that's harder than it looks (it still took me about 2 hours straight of texting lmao) but it was still fun. Plus watching the money roll in real time isn't bad either...

Reactions: xoxAprilJames
Upvote 0
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for this !!! I was intrigued when i saw your post here, so I signed up and I did just as a well as a really good day of camming for me, in one day on SP !!

It's definitely one of those things that's harder than it looks (it still took me about 2 hours straight of texting lmao) but it was still fun. Plus watching the money roll in real time isn't bad either...

Heck yes!!! That makes me so happy! Yeah it’s definitely not bad for a little background program running while you multitask!

Let me know if you ever have any questions!

Upvote 0
Heck yes!!! That makes me so happy! Yeah it’s definitely not bad for a little background program running while you multitask!

Let me know if you ever have any questions!
I do have a couple if you don't mind! How do you get convos started when someone adds you if they don't say anything? I was thinking about taking a bunch of pics videos once every day or two to use to send to a variety of ppl (with exceptions, one of the guys I have rn likes me to send various candids and such), is this an okay strategy or do you do something different? :eek:

Also a general this and camming pay question lol, since the 1st is on the weekend will we get payed monday? Sorry for the wave of questions haha

Upvote 0
I do have a couple if you don't mind! How do you get convos started when someone adds you if they don't say anything? I was thinking about taking a bunch of pics videos once every day or two to use to send to a variety of ppl (with exceptions, one of the guys I have rn likes me to send various candids and such), is this an okay strategy or do you do something different? :eek:

Also a general this and camming pay question lol, since the 1st is on the weekend will we get payed monday? Sorry for the wave of questions haha

If someone adds me, I usually reply right away with something along the lines of hi how are you, or what are you up to- a question so that they are more likely to answer back. And I also send a little pic along with that. So even if they're just one of the new free $5 guys, you can at least get that from their accout to yours pretty quickly and efficiently that way- and if they have more and answer, you keep going!

And yeah, I usually take a bunch of little pics and vids in the morning, just when I am getting dressed or whatever, and send out one in a mass message as a tease, and then based on replies just take it from there and see what else I send. Definitely re-use content for efficiency- if you'll notice on the dashboard there's a spot where you can see what you've sent each user, and that really helps me keep straight who has seen what!

As far as payment goes, the pay periods are split up the same as most cam sites- 1-15th and 16-30/31st. It does take a few business days days to get that payment though, so I wouldn't hold my breath for Monday lol. Off the top of my head I think it took mine about a week last time?

Happy to answer your questions anytime, no worries at all dude! Glad you're finding success! :D

There's also a thread over here that might be worth browsing as you get more into it: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/sextpanther.27457/page-10#post-904865

Upvote 0
If someone adds me, I usually reply right away with something along the lines of hi how are you, or what are you up to- a question so that they are more likely to answer back. And I also send a little pic along with that. So even if they're just one of the new free $5 guys, you can at least get that from their accout to yours pretty quickly and efficiently that way- and if they have more and answer, you keep going!

And yeah, I usually take a bunch of little pics and vids in the morning, just when I am getting dressed or whatever, and send out one in a mass message as a tease, and then based on replies just take it from there and see what else I send. Definitely re-use content for efficiency- if you'll notice on the dashboard there's a spot where you can see what you've sent each user, and that really helps me keep straight who has seen what!

As far as payment goes, the pay periods are split up the same as most cam sites- 1-15th and 16-30/31st. It does take a few business days days to get that payment though, so I wouldn't hold my breath for Monday lol. Off the top of my head I think it took mine about a week last time?

Happy to answer your questions anytime, no worries at all dude! Glad you're finding success! :D

There's also a thread over here that might be worth browsing as you get more into it: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/sextpanther.27457/page-10#post-904865
Thank you! I'm just putting in my verification request today heehee I will read that when I am!!

Upvote 0
@Larajoy_ SP payment works like this: The pay period ends on the 15th or the last day of the month, then our payments are sent out on the second following business day. At earliest, you will see payments arriving on the 18th and 3rd of each month, but it depends on how the days fall. Since this pay period ends over the weekend, your earnings will arrive on the 5th if you get direct deposit. You should see an email in your inbox from Wells Fargo Direct Pay confirming that your deposit has been sent out the night before. Not sure on their timeline for paper checks, the FAQ says it follows the same protocol, but I couldn't tell you how long they take to arrive in your mailbox.

Hope this helps you to figure out your cashflow!

Upvote 0
@Larajoy_ SP payment works like this: The pay period ends on the 15th or the last day of the month, then our payments are sent out on the second following business day. At earliest, you will see payments arriving on the 18th and 3rd of each month, but it depends on how the days fall. Since this pay period ends over the weekend, your earnings will arrive on the 5th if you get direct deposit. You should see an email in your inbox from Wells Fargo Direct Pay confirming that your deposit has been sent out the night before. Not sure on their timeline for paper checks, the FAQ says it follows the same protocol, but I couldn't tell you how long they take to arrive in your mailbox.

Hope this helps you to figure out your cashflow!
Thank you so much! I did sign up for direct deposit. I'm excited for it since I'm in Canada and not many sites do it for Canadians!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
This has been so helpful. I've been camming on MFC only since October. I feel like I've done all of the things to hit the ground running, and kept good momentum. I know I have. It's been disgusting to feel like I'm seeing the fruits of my labor wither and die on the vine, and like I can't do a damn thing about it. I knew I had to diversify, so I cam on F4F now, too (LOVE!), and signed up for SkyPrivate, which has been pointless so far. SextPanther and NiteFlirt are about to get all kinds of checked out after I post this. Any strong feelings one way or another about content sites (outside of MFCShare)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.