AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A question for members...privates, group, public and more.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MandyMetal

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 25, 2013
Hey!

So, I have a question for all of you members. Those of you who know me know that I'm a chatty girl, so you'll understand why I'm asking. I became curious after this happened:

I was doing a public cum show and had close to, and sometimes over 1000 people in my rooms. Tipping was great, and I didn't feel like I had a problem. However, I guess two guys were fighting and chat and I was asked 3 times to go to group. (At least 3 members, 3 times). I' assuming it was b/c of the fighting, but I was so in to the show, I didn't know the fighting was even happening until after I came.
Anyway, after I denied those 3 requests, I started to get a little paranoid. I thought maybe the premiums would be mad at me if I denied group shows so often, especially with almost 1000 people in my room.

I would like to know your thoughts on this.

For me, I am a true exhibitionist and the more people watching me, the better. Also, when I go group I feel immense pressure to perform b/c I KNOW you're all paying per the minute, and I feel like I have to rush it. idk. However, this is my main source of income and I do want to look out for my customers. I mean, that's just common sense.

One more thing....like I said, Im chatty. The more conversation, the better. Normally I don't silence guests or basics until cum show, or if they get to be too much.

Does that piss off premiums, too?

OH AND I sometimes give out "freebies" if one person in the room does something really heartfelt or something....idk. Would that piss you off too?

Sorry , I just....I've always wondered. My style of camming seems to work for me, but I don't know if like one day someone is going to be like, "MANDY WTF THAT IS SO WRONG"

LOL.

Thanks for reading this. ;)

Re: A question for members...privates, group, public and mor

MandyMetal said:
Hey!

So, I have a question for all of you members. Those of you who know me know that I'm a chatty girl, so you'll understand why I'm asking. I became curious after this happened:

I was doing a public cum show and had close to, and sometimes over 1000 people in my rooms. Tipping was great, and I didn't feel like I had a problem. However, I guess two guys were fighting and chat and I was asked 3 times to go to group. (At least 3 members, 3 times). I' assuming it was b/c of the fighting, but I was so in to the show, I didn't know the fighting was even happening until after I came.
Anyway, after I denied those 3 requests, I started to get a little paranoid. I thought maybe the premiums would be mad at me if I denied group shows so often, especially with almost 1000 people in my room.

For me, I am a true exhibitionist and the more people watching me, the better. Also, when I go group I feel immense pressure to perform b/c I KNOW you're all paying per the minute, and I feel like I have to rush it. idk. However, this is my main source of income and I do want to look out for my customers. I mean, that's just common sense.

One more thing....like I said, Im chatty. The more conversation, the better. Normally I don't silence guests or basics until cum show, or if they get to be too much.

OH AND I sometimes give out "freebies" if one person in the room does something really heartfelt or something....idk. Would that piss you off too?

Sorry , I just....I've always wondered. My style of camming seems to work for me, but I don't know if like one day someone is going to be like, "MANDY WTF THAT IS SO WRONG"

LOL.

Nah, many models don't go group all the time. It's not a problem for the average member as far as I know. When it comes right down to it it's your room. If your not comfortable with it and they don't like it, tough noogies. That's their problem. And you can give out freebies if you want. If others don't like it tell them to start doing nice things too and maybe they'll get some too. :lol: Yeah. I'm a hard ass.

JerryBoBerry said:
MandyMetal said:
Hey!

LOL.

Nah, many models don't go group all the time. It's not a problem for the average member as far as I know. When it comes right down to it it's your room. If your not comfortable with it and they don't like it, tough noogies. That's their problem. And you can give out freebies if you want. If others don't like it tell them to start doing nice things too and maybe they'll get some too. :lol: Yeah. I'm a hard ass.

Thank you so much for reading all that. I fully expected for someone to click on it and say "Nope. too long". ;)

If you were already doing a public cum show, the people that ask for groups and privates are just being asshats. It really is attention seeking bullshit regardless of what is going on in the room at the time. The people you would have to worry about pissing off, if you did a countdown for public cum show, are the ones that contributed to that countdown and you leave for a group or private. :twocents-02cents:

Not silencing guests or basics will bother some members, but that is on them because they can mute guests and basics themselves if they really care that much.

I doubt freebies would piss off anyone. Of course there is always someone that what like what you do. I say "fuck them" and do what you want to do. :thumbleft:

You double posted this topic, I replied in the other thread. :lol:

Reactions: MandyMetal

Just Me said:
If you were already doing a public cum show, the people that ask for groups and privates are just being asshats. It really is attention seeking bullshit regardless of what is going on in the room at the time. The people you would have to worry about pissing off, if you did a countdown for public cum show, are the ones that contributed to that countdown and you leave for a group or private. :twocents-02cents:

Not silencing guests or basics will bother some members, but that is on them because they can mute guests and basics themselves if they really care that much.

I doubt freebies would piss off anyone. Of course there is always someone that what like what you do. I say "fuck them" and do what you want to do. :thumbleft:

This particular cum show was not really tipped for. I don't do countdowns for cumshows, really. Interactive cum shows? Yes. Countdowns to get naked? Yep! But like I said...THE PRESSURE kills me. lol.

Thank you, though. It's really good to hear a members perspective on it. :D

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGG I'M SO BAD AT THIS.

Just Me said:
MandyMetal said:
I got ya, bbs. I got ya. (Merged. :) )

By the way, I totally understand your feeling of "oh my, they're paying per minute, I gotta make sure I get right down to business" in groups (and in private, previously when I actually did those a couple years ago.) Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be in public chat for a toy/cum show without the time constraint and just enjoying myself.

I may never know! I'm a group show only girl (no penetration/cum in public chat, only nudity and teasing out there.)

Yeah, a lot of my favorite models rarely, if ever, do group shows for a number of reasons and nobody seems to mind.

As for guests and basics...well, it's up to you, but I'll give you my 2 cents as a member (since you asked :) ). There are some guests and basics that are really cool, but the majority seem to be 14-year-olds and mental hospital escapees, and they can really drag a room down. I've left rooms because the model ignored calls from the premiums to silence unruly basics/guests. I'd say play it by ear--you want to keep the convo going, and as I said, some guests and basics contribute to the conversation and don't behave like morons. But if a lot of premiums (i.e. guys with tokens) are complaining or asking you to silence them, you should probably listen. One of the funniest phenomena I've seen (and I see it a lot) is that, when basics and guests are being annoying, sometimes some of the non-annoying basics/guests will ask you to silence them! That's taking one for the team.

And everyone likes freebies. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
Just Me said:
MandyMetal said:
I got ya, bbs. I got ya. (Merged. :) )

Ahhhhhh, you busty angel, you!

Reactions: camstory

yossarian said:
Yeah, a lot of my favorite models rarely, if ever, do group shows for a number of reasons and nobody seems to mind.

As for guests and basics...well, it's up to you, but I'll give you my 2 cents as a member (since you asked :) ). There are some guests and basics that are really cool, but the majority seem to be 14-year-olds and mental hospital escapees, and they can really drag a room down. I've left rooms because the model ignored calls from the premiums to silence unruly basics/guests. I'd say play it by ear--you want to keep the convo going, and as I said, some guests and basics contribute to the conversation and don't behave like morons. But if a lot of premiums (i.e. guys with tokens) are complaining or asking you to silence them, you should probably listen. One of the funniest phenomena I've seen (and I see it a lot) is that, when basics and guests are being annoying, sometimes some of the non-annoying basics/guests will ask you to silence them! That's taking one for the team.

If premiums ask me to silence, I normally do. I just wish I had known about all of this fighting before the cum show was actually over. I'm such a baby :crybaby:

Reactions: Nordling

MandyMetal said:
yossarian said:

If premiums ask me to silence, I normally do. I just wish I had known about all of this fighting before the cum show was actually over. I'm such a baby :crybaby:

Yeah, that kind of stuff makes me wish models were allowed to deputize trusted members to act as mods during shows, like some other sites do. :/

I know models that hate to do groups. They don't like the pressure and don't like leaving some of the regulars stranded in the room. They also like the chat part. my two cents is that Groups are like privates. Members don't have a right to them. Members request them and the model either accepts or not. no big deal.

MandyMetal said:
Thank you so much for reading all that. I fully expected for someone to click on it and say "Nope. too long". ;)

I try to read even the long ones. Heck, I usually post longer ones myself. :lol: :lol:

I don't need others to agree with that. :? :oops:

MemberEd said:
I know models that hate to do groups. They don't like the pressure and don't like leaving some of the regulars stranded in the room. They also like the chat part. my two cents is that Groups are like privates. Members don't have a right to them. Members request them and the model either accepts or not. no big deal.

I feel like groups are more of a service that models can choose to provide to premiums who maybe can't afford privates. I can't believe that most models make much money in group--it seems like kind of a rip-off for the models, considering the amount of work they do vs. the payoff.

yossarian said:
MemberEd said:

I feel like groups are more of a service that models can choose to provide to premiums who maybe can't afford privates. I can't believe that most models make much money in group--it seems like kind of a rip-off for the models, considering the amount of work they do vs. the payoff.
Depends on the perspective. There's some models that any less than 10 in group is a waste of time. And then some that think ONE in group is more than nothing, so go for it.

yossarian said:

This depends on two things:

-The model's normal income outside of group. The lower the model's normal income, the better deal group looks (10 tokens is more than 0 after all)
-The model's usual viewership within group. The higher the average member-count within group, the more the model is making within the group.

A group with 6 people is making the model just as much as a regular private with no spies. So, if a model usually has 10+ people in group, that's 100 tokens a minute. For a model like me, that's just a dream away. I'm a lower-score model, so I rarely make more than $10 an hour. (That's 200 tokens an entire hour... and 1 person in group for the whole hour would give me three times that much). Thus, group is worth it to me, even if it's just one person. However, I get annoyed, because a lot of members tend to think "I'm the only person here, I can treat it like a private!" NO. Group is not private.

Hey Mandy, as you know I had some input on this, but everything I really wanted to say has been covered pretty well already. IMhO, all the things you are worried about members being pissed about, are only things childish members would be upset about.

I am sort of surprised there were three members goofy enough to request a group with 1000 in room and good tipping happening. (they may have been requesting the group in an effort to break up the fighting. Which I must add, is one of the most ridiculous dynamics that happens imo. Fuckin idiots posturing, like their about to go blows. I have found it is usually pretty easy to make at least one of them realize how big a jackasses their being by suggesting they take it outside, - they can do their fighting in PM, or maybe they should hookup on skype, but either way they don't need to be fucking up chat for everyone else.)

And only a shellfish manchild gets upset because someone else got something for free, - even if it is something he had to pay for. Like has been said, if that bugs you, than maybe you need to work on your appeal, no reason to get mad at anyone, be happy for their luck/charm.

Bottom line, you already answered your own questions.

MandyMetal said:
My style of camming seems to work for me....

A lot has already been said, but I'll have a stab at it...

When it comes to stuff like this, in my opinion--it's your room so it should be your rules. As expressed above by others, I find it completely ridiculous that people are requesting to go to group during your show. Really, if you're in the middle of the show--I don't think people should be asking you to do anything at all (unless of course it is an interactive show where there are things to tip for). I don't think you can be expected to be moderating the chat and banning people during a show--unless of course the chat activity was distracting/bothersome to you.

Again with guests/premiums I think it should be up to the model. If they are offending or bothering you, click them off. Personally, I find a guest/basic trolling kind of amusing in small doses--as long as the model is ok with it. If they start badmouthing/attacking the model or people in the room, it's probably time to go. I've definitely encountered premiums who get all up in a huff over guests/basics not being muted (i.e. threatening to leave if they're not muted), but I think a model just has to use her own discretion as far as whether or not she should cater to said premium's whims. If the entire room is getting upset about it, then it's probably time to mute.

I think one of the coolest things about camming is that their are so many different styles that can exist simultaneously--if your style seems to work--then run with it. If you don't like doing groups/privates--don't do them. If you suddenly one day feel like doing them--go for it. I feel like your room should be run the way that makes you feel maximum comfort/happiness about the job that you're doing (i.e. not dictated by members)--creating an energy that will hopefully be contagious and profitable. :twocents-02cents:

MandyMetal said:
Hey!

Lots of models don't do groups for tons of reasons. I have been in rooms just above 1,000 where the group show started at 125 people and finished ~25 minutes later with 90, it was girl girl show so split two ways, but there was additional tipping in the group so ~12K per girl, not too bad :mrgreen: for 25 minutes. On the other hand I have been in room where there were 400+ people. The group started at 6 and quickly went down to 3 and then 2 and it wasn't because the model was doing anything wrong, she was naked and the toy came out quickly. So I understand why plenty of models just don't do them. I wish they were more common and MFC enforced the no penetration or cum show in public, like Amber does. But that ship has sailed long long ago.

First once you had canceled a group request and told everyone no group, than I think that should end the discussion and further badger for groups is out line. Especially if you are not in the habit of doing groups. Still it certainly doesn' t hurt to ask you regulars why they wanted the group after the show or next time you see them on line.

The only time I really wish a model would consider a group show is the following situation. The model has done naked countdown, a small number say 5 or 6 regulars/new guys have done almost all the tipping. The cumshow countdown is failing but the room count is reasonably large. Absent a hero,the only way the countdown is going happen is the same 5 or 6 continue tipping, so why not just the get show started quicker with a group, most (but not all of the time) all of the regular tipper will continue to tip,and more often than not you'll pick up several folks who were basically planning on freeloading.

I replied to your other post, since I saw it first.

Reactions: MandyMetal

Ladies who prefer public shows: don't forget you can turn OFF the option for people to request group and/or private. Go in to your options menu and uncheck the box for group. This setting will last until you reload the broadcaster. I turn off private and group every time I log on, and only enable group when I am ready to be taken into group.

AmberCutie said:
Ladies who prefer public shows: don't forget you can turn OFF the option for people to request group and/or private. Go in to your options menu and uncheck the box for group. This setting will last until you reload the broadcaster. I turn off private and group every time I log on, and only enable group when I am ready to be taken into group.

I had no clue that we had an option! Awesome!

Also, as for wishing more people followed the rules.....I'm not sure about that. I mean, I like the option of public shows and count downs. I only know of 2 other sites that give you that option, so that is one of the main reasons I'm on MFC. If MFC was set up more like streamate, ot livejasmin, I would suffer. Doing private after private is exhausting to me.

There are members that like only doing group and privates. They're going to flock to the girls who give privates and groups. Just like there are girls, such as myself, who don't care for privates and groups. The option is a good thing imo. I don't think public shows are hurting girls as much as people think.

Of course, this is only my opinion.

Reactions: Nordling

There's no right or wrong way to do things, yo. If a greater emphasis on public shows than on group shows is what works for you, then that's what you should do. I don't know why members would be asking for a group show during a public show anyway. It makes no sense to me. Even if other members in chat are being annoying, all they have to do is ignore them. And really, if they're more interested in silly arguments in the chat box than the sexy, naked, soon-to-be-cumming lady on their screen, then their sense of entitlement is likely such that they'll never be happy with what you're doing or where you're doing it. My advice would be to ignore them.

As for rewarding members with free stuff, that wouldn't piss me off. Especially if I was the one being gifted said free stuff :-D I guess it's possible that other members might get jealous, but that's easily avoidable (just PM the member you're rewarding instead of announcing it in public chat).

mynameisbob84 said:
There's no right or wrong way to do things, yo. If a greater emphasis on public shows than on group shows is what works for you, then that's what you should do. I don't know why members would be asking for a group show during a public show anyway. It makes no sense to me. Even if other members in chat are being annoying, all they have to do is ignore them. And really, if they're more interested in silly arguments in the chat box than the sexy, naked, soon-to-be-cumming lady on their screen, then their sense of entitlement is likely such that they'll never be happy with what you're doing or where you're doing it. My advice would be to ignore them.
Something you could remind people of once in a while is that if they double click the video, the video pane goes full screen, thus blocking any annoying chat they may see in the chat box.

What's the point of members clicking GROUP when the model is already in the middle of a public cum show. Do they think that she will start screaming their name in group? Do they think that the other 997 people watching the public show don't deserve to see it? Do they think that she will start doing her double-secret anal show when the group starts? :think:

As a member you did the best thing and I respect your decision to cancel the groups :D

For me, I really respect a model who only takes privates/groups when there is a gap in the topic (ie if you were in the middle of doing a cum show finish it, or in a middle of a conversation has the members engaged then finish it before taking private...unless it is going to take a while).

Nothing frustrates me more than having a model just cut to a private or group without properly closing off what is going on currently (just an opinion though)

Sounds to me like your friendly behavior is what's earning you 1000-person audiences for cum shows. Personally, I get annoyed when members start gathering up for a group show without asking the model first, and I get especially annoyed if she's in the middle of a public show that, if I'm in her room, I likely helped pay to get to. I can't say whether people were asking for group in your specific instance because folks were arguing in your chat, but it does seem incredibly selfish for three guys to queue up in an exclusive line, ignoring a thousand other people in the room, just because the chat is breaking their concentration. Bringing the video stream full screen or muting the chat in the room options seems to be a much better solution, and one I nearly always employ during shows. I'm there to pay attention to the model, not the peanut gallery. Also, as others have already voiced, I think it's pretty frustrating to see a model go with a pushy few asking for a group during an already-running show. I would say it's better to go the way I've seen a lot of models do, and save the group or private for a little later, after the show has run its course, and let people know it's going to happen, so they aren't taken by surprise when the model bails.

Anyway, my contribution adds nothing new, but I just thought I'd chime in.

You guys have all been very helpful. I really thought I may have been doing something wrong. Now, I feel more comfortable with how my "style" may come off.

Thank you, again. ;)

Reactions: camstory
Status
Not open for further replies.