AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Accepting cash for tip menu items?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2016
Canada
MFC Username
Thebongcat
Hi ladies and gents,

Recently I have a new member frequenting my room who would prefer to not use mfc for payment. I am sure we have all dealt with this situation. Usually I just brush them off because they are looking for services I dont offer anyways such as skyping. This member however seems legitimately ready to lay down some cash for tip menu items but i feel off about it. How do you guys handle a situation like this?

Yes I could make the exact same profit, but I lose out on the boost of the offline tip, I also feel like this isn't fair to my other guys who are tipping? I don't want to come off as a snob and turn him down as a client but everything about operating on mfc is more appealing to me than being sent cash. Am I cutting myself off from potential earnings by having this attitude or is it best/fair to have all members pay through mfc?

I have not stated anywhere or on my profile that i accept any other payment or operate off of mfc, i dont even use clip sites. I have allowed one other member to send me a cash transfer in the past but he has been with me for two years and i know him quite well so i consider it a special case.

thoughts??

thanks all :cat:

I would go with your instinct and say no thanks. Offsite tips are more prone to scamming and also it seems like you are focusing on building your MFC room and camscore so this is a detriment to that.

Unless you really know and trust someone, I would say no. Even then, it'd be safer to still say no. Payment via the site you're working on (MFC, CB, SM, etc) so as to avoid any complications or potential backlash from said site. As @Gen mentioned, most guys who want to pay offsite, are usually for scamming.

Thanks guys!

I'm not concerned about this guy in particular being a scammer, but scamming is a reason i tend not to venture off of the website for sure. I guess I'm more seeing it as a bit of a "privilege" to bypass tipping on mfc. Why should I let this guy just avoid mfc when that is my chosen medium for my work? I think if that is something you hope to do in the future then you should prove you are serious about being a client by building a relationship there first.

I guess I'm more seeing it as a bit of a "privilege" to bypass tipping on mfc. Why should I let this guy just avoid mfc when that is my chosen medium for my work?

Keep in mind when you start to allow special privileges for a member they may take it as a sign they are special and may begin to demand more of you, or start to see your relationship as something more than member - camlady. Obvi not all members turn out that way, but I feel like it's how a lot of the overly needy cray cray can develop.

i'm the same as you. i know it's frowned upon, but i accept cash transfer with one regular. he spent many thousands of tokens on private shows and i got to know him pretty well before i even considered it. in my eyes it's possible for someone to earn that "unfair" advantage but most members who ask about off-site payments are doing it because they are cheap or trying to scam. there can sometimes be exceptions to the rules but go with your gut for sure. and definitely don't take an outside payment from a brand new guy you haven't already done shows with. if he's serious and really likes you and is willing to spend as much as he says then he'd be okay with paying you in tokens at first

Reactions: thebongcat
Status
Not open for further replies.